Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2012

Judged:

If you believe in God, you have chosen to reject Allah, Vishnu, Budda, Waheguru and all of the thousands of other gods that other people worship today…. In the same way, the followers of all these other religions have chosen to reject God. You think their gods are imaginary, and they think your God is imaginary.

In other words, each religious person on earth today arbitrarily rejects thousands of gods as imaginary, many of which he/she has never even heard of, and arbitrarily chooses to “believe” in one of them.

The following quote from Stephen F. Roberts sums up the situation very nicely:

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”

A rational person rejects all human gods equally, because all of them are equally imaginary.
Bingo

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2012

Judged:

Dudeisdumb wrote:
If you believe in God, you have chosen to reject Allah, Vishnu, Budda, Waheguru and all of the thousands of other gods that other people worship today…. In the same way, the followers of all these other religions have chosen to reject God. You think their gods are imaginary, and they think your God is imaginary.
In other words, each religious person on earth today arbitrarily rejects thousands of gods as imaginary, many of which he/she has never even heard of, and arbitrarily chooses to “believe” in one of them.
The following quote from Stephen F. Roberts sums up the situation very nicely:
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
A rational person rejects all human gods equally, because all of them are equally imaginary.
Your thoughts & comments are really sad.
SweetJesus

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2012

Judged:

Dude wrote:
We need to rise up and Kick devil worshiping, drama loving, Krystal Myers out of town.
You are a failed Christian. Do you think Jesus would speak so harshly of this young lady? What gives you the right to cast this judgement, and what business is it of yours what she believes or does not believe? Why does this young lady frighten you so much? She is entitled to her beliefs, just as you are entitled to yours. And where is the "devil worshiping" claim coming from? Would you testify to that in a court of law? You are an ugly soul.
Dude

Columbia, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2012

Judged:

SweetJesus wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a failed Christian. Do you think Jesus would speak so harshly of this young lady? What gives you the right to cast this judgement, and what business is it of yours what she believes or does not believe? Why does this young lady frighten you so much? She is entitled to her beliefs, just as you are entitled to yours. And where is the "devil worshiping" claim coming from? Would you testify to that in a court of law? You are an ugly soul.
We shouldnt have to change our ways for one person who just wants to be different
SweetJesus

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2012

Dude wrote:
<quoted text> We shouldnt have to change our ways for one person who just wants to be different
I don't understand... Why would you have to change your ways because someone else is an atheist? What does that have to do with you?
Dude

Columbia, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2012

Judged:

SweetJesus wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand... Why would you have to change your ways because someone else is an atheist? What does that have to do with you?
we cant pray at football games or school board meetings anymore because of the.. Tramp...$lut... Bltch
SweetJesus

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2012

Judged:

Dude wrote:
<quoted text> we cant pray at football games or school board meetings anymore because of the.. Tramp...$lut... Bltch
Those are very ugly words. Would you sit in church and say those things out loud? What would your pastor say? Your rage is destructive to your own soul. It will poison and ruin you. Find contentment in your faith and love for Jesus. Do you think our Lord would be so harsh? Jesus was about love and forgiveness. You dishonor him with your hatred and anger.
SlowLane

Loudon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2012

Judged:

The US Constitution is designed with provisions to protect individual religion but to keep it out of the business of governmental operations. Likewise, the founding fathers wanted to protect the rights of minorities from the tyranny of the majority.

This equally protects atheists and those of smaller religious groups from a governmental entity or employee imposing religious beliefs on anyone else while doing his/her government job.

None of this in any way is designed to limit anyone's right to worship as they please, outside of the government setting.

Why do so many people want to impose their religion, or any religion, on their neighbors just because they and most of their friends go to the same church? Our laws are set up to allow everyone to go to school and to get public services on an equal basis.

If parents want religion in the curriculum, most religions support their own schools that provide a combination of religious and practical secular education. That option is always available.
Idiots

Loudon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2012

Judged:

Dude wrote:
<quoted text> we cant pray at football games or school board meetings anymore because of the.. Tramp...$lut... Bltch
Sure you can - no one is stopping you. And if anyone needs prayers it is you.
Coin Flip

Seymour, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2012

Judged:

If someone were to say the ocean doesn't exist I would dismiss them without very much thought because I know that statement to be false. If another person told me no trees existed in the state of Tennessee I would waste little time worrying about it. Same reasoning involved here, it means nothing to me for someone to deny something I know to be true. I couldn't convince the person that denies the ocean exists by yelling and saying ugly things about them. I would simply show them the ocean. Folks, let's try to show this young lady Jesus and quit acting like fools. Please.
O Please

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2012

Judged:

Dude wrote:
We need to rise up and Kick devil worshiping, drama loving, Krystal Myers out of town.
You are only helping to promote Christians as self-righteous hypocrites who worship a hateful angry God. Knock it off!
Sinner

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2012

Coin Flip wrote:
If someone were to say the ocean doesn't exist I would dismiss them without very much thought because I know that statement to be false. If another person told me no trees existed in the state of Tennessee I would waste little time worrying about it. Same reasoning involved here, it means nothing to me for someone to deny something I know to be true. I couldn't convince the person that denies the ocean exists by yelling and saying ugly things about them. I would simply show them the ocean. Folks, let's try to show this young lady Jesus and quit acting like fools. Please.
Very well stated. If God dwells within us...his people, then his percieved absence says more about us than them. Imagine a football stadium so quiet that you could here a pin drop...and two minutes after the opening kick-off all those prayer chanters are calling the opposing team vulgar names...or a city council meeting where a bunch of theiving crooks were actually influenced by their prayrers to do the "right thing". Now that my friend would be awesome. I can almost assure you that the minute we drive by the high school and see a group of Muslims, or Budhist praying to their God around the flagpole, there will be gnashing of teeth. I've talked to God several times today and no one but God and I even knew. The good thing about that is when God answers that prayer...or not, I know it was from God and not just someone who overheard my prayers in the next pew trying to network. Just my two cents.
Martin Niemoller

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2012

Judged:

Dude wrote:
Let's see, your 14-17 years old and don't come anywhere near the top of your class. Your a white male, impulsive, and don't attend church regularly despite your supposed hatred for one who doesn't at all. I would type out the famous speech by the man's name I have taken on this post but.....you're too dumb to understand the power and fundamental tenant of Americanism this Lutheran minister from Nazi Germany espouses. Maybe I can make it simple for other block heads like yourself, If Jesus read your post....WWJD?
reality check

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2012

Judged:

Dude wrote:
<quoted text> we cant pray at football.
You can pray in the morning when you wake up and you can pray before breakfast, you can pray before luch and before dinner, you can pray before bedtime, You can pray before, during and after sex ( many people call to god during sex), you can pray on the front porch and on the back porch or on top of a mountian, you can pray as you fly over the mountian. As far as I know you can pray in a public rest room.

Is it really that important to pray at a football game? If you just pray all the times you are allowed to then your god will already be sick of hearing from you.
reality check

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2012

Judged:

SweetJesus wrote:
Do you think our Lord would be so harsh? Jesus was about love and forgiveness.
Read Luke 14:26 and think about it.
Dudeisdumb

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2012

Judged:

Top Ten Signs You're a Fundamentalist Christian

10 - You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.

9 - You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

8 - You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.

7 - Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" including women, children, and trees!

6 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

5 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of Earth (few billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is a few generations old.

4 - You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving."

3 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to "prove" Christianity.

2 - You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

1 - You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a Christian.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2012

Judged:

Dude wrote:
She has a Facebook group of fans. It's called "We support Krystal Myers". The groupies are likely all over the country.

She goes on that page and gives updates to her fans. So why would she leave here when she's getting all that attention?

In her most recent update she gave her groupies a link to the News-Herald story about the women's basketball coach Herron leaving. She told them Herron is one of the teachers she was talking about in her editorial.

Apparently she considers Herron leaving an achievement she can be proud of.
SweetJesus

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2012

Judged:

reality check wrote:
<quoted text>
My Lord Jesus is Love and Light. I have nothing to think about.
Nara

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2012

Judged:

reality check wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you looked up the word in the original Greek text? Christians understand that Christ used strong language. Here he is telling them that if they don't Love God more than anything or anyone else, they will not be able to do what they may be required to do as His disciples.

I think about Yousef Nardarkhani who obviously loves his family but is willing to die rather than denounce his Christian faith. He obviously trusts God to deliver him from the hands of those who would kill him or (if God has a higher plan for his life/death) his family will also be in the hands and plan of His Savior.

For a man to claim to love and trust God more than his family and his own life, but denounce that faith at the threat of persecution or death would mean that he had not made the kind of commitment and possible sacrifice Jesus was warning them about.

(I don’t think He was talking about following Him around from place to place as the twelve were asked to do, and some others chose to do. He was talking about spending their lives wherever and with whomever ready to give up everything they loved (family, friends, their own lives)if necessary for their faith in Him.

He does not want anything less than total devotion and surrender of our lives to Him, because that’s the best way to accomplish His ultimate plan on the earth. But, when we fail (and we often do.....maybe that’s why it is taking so long) he doesn’t turn his back on us (lots of examples in the Bible).

Don’t forget Jesus never broke any of the Ten Commandments ….” honor thy father and thy mother,“love thy neighbor as thyself,”“Love God with all your heart, soul and mind…” It wouldn’t make sense that He would tell the people the only way to “follow” Him would be to break the laws the God He claimed to be "one" with)gave them to live by.
You can make the Bible say what you want it to say by taking scripture out of context. By doing that you are being dishonest. Don’t believe it if you don’t want to, but don’t lie about what it says to make your personal selfish point.
reality check

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2012

Judged:

Nara wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you looked up the word in the original Greek text? Christians understand that Christ used strong language.
You can make the Bible say what you want it to say by taking scripture out of context. By doing that you are being dishonest. Don’t believe it if you don’t want to, but don’t lie about what it says to make your personal selfish point.
I don't think I make a single quote from the Bible. I only gave a chapter and verse to be read with no explanation of any sort other than to think about it.

You are the one that's giving and explanation of what it means to you. That's your opinion that hate means love. Does sound alot like 1984 and war means peace, slavery means freedom and so forth.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of210
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Lenoir City Forum right now

Search the Lenoir City Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 5 min Geeze 8,904
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 45 min TN Voter 140,581
LCHS boys head coach position. 3 hr DID YA KNOW 48
Rural/Metro sues Lenoir City over contractRural... 12 hr Fat Latino 10
trevor stokes (Dec '11) 15 hr Trevor Sokes 2
Jack Malone Sr. Mon Bublight 1
mcghee square Sun kelly 10
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lenoir City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000