City Clerk resigns in Lenoir City

City Clerk resigns in Lenoir City

There are 29 comments on the WBIR Knoxville story from Mar 24, 2007, titled City Clerk resigns in Lenoir City. In it, WBIR Knoxville reports that:

Lenoir City Clerk, Debbie Cook, resigned from her post Friday. City Judge, Terry Vann, claims that less that 10% of Lenoir City's Court cost and fines have been collected.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBIR Knoxville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jun 07

Schaumburg, IL

#24 Jul 3, 2007
Tim wrote:
<quoted text>
I just talked to Debbie about the lies you are spewing on here Judge Vann...and she said the only sites she ever visted were Vol Message Boards to cheer on her Vols...her name is for the Vols Judge..Barbi Vol..
Funny thing, Tim: Terry Vann (aka Elmer Fudd) says Debbie posted on an "adult website". But if that were true, it would be SO easy for him to post a link to that site.
I also noticed he hasn't done that. Don't try to hold your breath waiting for it either.
Tim

Greenback, TN

#25 Jul 4, 2007
David, just like that report that he was waving around at the council meeting saying she had not collected fines. Van Shaver wrote an article about it and he investigated it. It was all lies. I bet there has not been anymore collected since Debbie left. Why? Because she was doing her job and collecting all that she could with the tools she had to collect with. Another lie that Judge Van told on her. Why did Debbie retire? It wasn't because she was guilty. It wasn't worth it to stand down there and fight with you Terry Vann and your band of backstabers.She is too classy of a person to do that and she was able to retire and forget about you and them. Nobody has said anything about her but you. The truth will come out soon and you will be the one that is shamed. Of course you already have been haven't you? Several times I might add!
Betty Skidmore

Maitland, FL

#26 Jul 15, 2007
I live in Orlando Florida.I was a resident of Lenoir City for years and very interested in Lenoir City. I still visit Lenoir City often.
I've known Debbie Williams Cook for a long time and I would trust Debbie before I would trust any judge.
I know Debbie resigned because of health problems.Did the health probems occur because of the scumbags she had to work with?
Debbie was elected by the people and Terry Vann had no authority to ask her to resign.Did he ask for her resignation to cover his behind!!!
Debbie, you are a wonderful, honest and trustworthy person.
This is written by Betty Skidmore and no other person.
Tim

Greenback, TN

#27 Jul 17, 2007
That is the truth Betty. Most of the people in Lenoir City that I have talked to know what the deal was down there. Yes she was sick and she went to several of the leaders at city hall telling them what was going on. That being the mayor, the city administrator, city attorney, and the city's employee attorney. No one would assist her in trying to get her office in control. She was cursed by the city attorney (he admitted it and she had no support from the mayor or council at all). Her health kept failing her and she could no longer work with the likes of Terry Vann and his Merry Band of scumbags. I live in Knoxville but I have kept up with everything down there and talked to Debbie just about every day. It is a shame and now they are after a new person. I think they fired a part-time police officer for making a silly video tape and another officer put it on the internet. Debbie told me that tape was nothing compared to what went on in her office and she had no help. There were men coming into her office talking filthy and her assistants were as bad as they were. Terry Vann threatened her one day that he would put her in jail if she did not sit in court with him and nobody did anything about that. They would do things to her every day and she just got tired of it. What comes around, goes around and Lenoir City Hall is going to get into more and more with the people down there they have running their financial business office and that would include Terry Vann.
Karen

Dillon, SC

#28 Sep 23, 2007
Terry Van,Would be a good tax collector.He Could Start By Paying His Taxes. TIME TELLS A STORY THAT WORDS CAN-NOT.
Tim

Greenback, TN

#29 Sep 24, 2007
Oh I hope the residents in Lenoir City figure it out by November 2008. They re-elected the slime ball city judge for an eight year term in the last election because no one ran against him. They can remember that it wasn't only Judge Vann but Debbie Cook had no support from the Mayor or city council, city administrator, or the judge's good friend Shannon Littleton, City attorney. The City attorney even cursed her and screamed at her as if he was going to physically attack her in her office one day, and nobody did anything to help her. They are all into this thing together and that place needs a good cleaning out. Everyone is afraid because they have too much power there in the entire county. It starts with the sheriff and his wonderful assistant,the rich rich rich chief deputy. How in this world did this man get all that money being a deputy? Then now the DA was just elected, the Sessions Judge is friends with Terry Vann etal, and the list just goes on and on. Until the State, uh oh, can't go there. They were afraid of T Vann when they came to invistigate his Friends of Law Enforcement deal and them and the TBI looked and found enough stuff to send him to prison, but they left without comment. You think the Feds might do something? I doubt it. It will fall someday and I will laugh my butt off when they come in and clean house in that nasty little county. Everybody thinks Knox County is bad, they need to look at Loudon Co and Lenoir City government. It is sickening! Lenoir City, you need to clean out your city government. Start by electing a new mayor, city council, and city recorder in November 2008!
Mary

Largo, FL

#30 Jan 31, 2008
I think everyone should realize the problem with the Loudon County Judicial process. I don't believe there is any justice to be had there. I have located a web site where formal complaints against Judges or attornies can be made. Go to "Tn. court of the judiciary" online. They have the forms for formal complaints. It is high time the people in Loudon County can be heard. This is a way to do it. If enough people wage a complaint maybe then something can be done. Terry Vann should be in jail. a lot of us have fallen victim to his fraud. Cases get dropped, witness statement disapear, fines are given out to send to a P.O. box. The entire system in Loudon County is broken.It seems hopeless. He and his coherts do whatever they want and innocent people suffer. Something can be done if everyone will rally together. Go to the website I mentioned "Tn Court of the Judiciary" and file a formal complaint.
Paula

AOL

#31 Mar 25, 2008
Lenoir City hasn't changed a bit since the 1980's. Glad to be gone.

Since: Jun 07

United States

#32 Apr 5, 2008
Mary wrote:
Terry Vann should be in jail. a lot of us have fallen victim to his fraud. Cases get dropped, witness statement disapear, fines are given out to send to a P.O. box.
Anyone who doesn't know what Mary is talking about, and wants to know, can read this story:
http://www.wate.com/Global/Story.asp...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lenoir City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Teacher guilty in sex case (Nov '08) 4 hr Ridger 17
keep a word , drop a word (Jan '13) 5 hr Jamie 149
Shyan hurst 5 hr Sad 1
Bible verse removed by Rogero 6 hr Thinking out loud 10
How does Phil Williams Show stay on the air? (Jun '10) 7 hr Calmer than you 200
News Knoxville groups protest immigration policy 10 hr South Knox Hombre 7
Moving to Eastern Tennessee: Thoughts? Suggesti... 11 hr RangerDanger 1

Lenoir City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance