First Prev
of 21
Next Last
lady panthers basketball

United States

#1 Jan 6, 2010
ive had the privilage of getting to watch the Lenoir City High School play basketball(girls and boys). i read a comment on here sometime ago where the writer said its time for Coach Lee to be removed.I know he has been with the school for years and theres a sense of loyalty but when hes keeping the players from reaching their full potential and possibly getting a scholarship then i believe its time for a change as well! his coaching style or lack of has lost us some players to surrounding schools,his screaming and yelling is no way to reach the players as well! theres no doubt hes a fine man but hes reached the end of his coaching career.
jrwebb

Crossville, TN

#2 Jan 6, 2010
Coach Lee will forget more about basketball and teaching the game to kids than most of the blathering hacks who comment about him will every know - including me.

Coach Lee and his staff set extremely high standards for players on and off the court. That is partly why the Lady Panthers are some of the best kids you'll ever meet anywhere playing any sport. I am ALWAYS proud of them. ALWAYS! Whether it is their poise and dignity in defeat, or their grace and sportsmanship in victory. They're just GREAT kids and that doesn't happen by accident. You can thank great parents, administrators, teachers, and yes, Coach Lee and his staff.

I know lots of Coach Lee's players - some playing now and some who have played for him in the distant past. I don't know a single one who feels they couldn't count on him and his unwavering devotion to them in any circumstance.

To be sure, not every young woman is cut out to play for Coach Lee, but those who are find themselves richly rewarded as players, students and most importantly as human beings - blessed with the increasingly rare opportunity to learn the many life lessons that basketball (well-played and well-coached) has to teach - lessons like mental and physical toughness, teamwork, individual accountability, sacrifice for a larger objective, poise under pressure and the list goes on.

As I read the comment to which I reply, what struck me most profoundly was how grateful I am that Lenoir City children have the opportunity to learn from Coach Lee, and how deeply he would be missed in virtually every dimension of community life if he did go away.

Go ahead and bad-mouth him. I doubt he'll notice and even if he does, I doubt he'll care much. As many years as he's been doing this, he is probably used to whining and ingratitude. In the end though, if we continue to be luckier than a community deserves to be, Coach Lee will still be there making Lenoir City kids faster, smarter, stronger and better.
Ron Dailey

United States

#3 Jan 6, 2010
Anyone that would speak ill of Coach Lee probably hates John Wayne, throws rocks at Santa Claus, and don't even have a momma. He's a great coach, a great teacher, and one of the finest people I've ever known. "lady panthers basketball" probably has a kid that dribbles soup, and falls down a lot.
lady panthers basketball

United States

#4 Jan 7, 2010
both comments are very true,i said nothing about the character of the players(i dont know where you got that from)!all im saying is his coaching style(like Bobby Knight)is passsed!Im positive outside of coaching Joe Lee is a fine man,put him as atheletic director or something to keep him involved. I dont have a daughter who plays for Coach Lee if i did i would have a problem with the way he yells and carries on with them @ practice and in the locker room(i have heard the girls and parents speak of this)
jrwebb

Crossville, TN

#5 Jan 7, 2010
lady panthers basketball wrote:
both comments are very true,i said nothing about the character of the players(i dont know where you got that from)!all im saying is his coaching style(like Bobby Knight)is passsed!Im positive outside of coaching Joe Lee is a fine man,put him as atheletic director or something to keep him involved. I dont have a daughter who plays for Coach Lee if i did i would have a problem with the way he yells and carries on with them @ practice and in the locker room(i have heard the girls and parents speak of this)
Thanks for sharing your opinion about arguably the best high school basketball coach in the Southeastern United States. I'm sure everyone will give your opinion all the consideration it deserves.
Coach

Oak Ridge, TN

#6 Jan 7, 2010
You are an idiot webb! If one of your kids played a sport, you would be on the court writting an essay as to why your child should play and why the yelling was harmful!
Now give me 50 and learn to keep your mouth shut!!
Reality

Lenoir City, TN

#7 Jan 7, 2010
jrwebb wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for sharing your opinion about arguably the best high school basketball coach in the Southeastern United States. I'm sure everyone will give your opinion all the consideration it deserves.
You cannot be serious. Good coach over the years yes. "Best High School Coach in Southeastern United States", uhhh, respectfully no. Your credibility going forward is now shot.
Ron Dailey

United States

#8 Jan 7, 2010
I did some snooping on Coach Lee after this thread started. People close to him told me that he gives away every cent he makes to charity, and lives off cafeteria food and morel mushrooms he grows in the woods near his home. I know myself he used to mow grass at The Crosseyed Cricket for free carp, but they shut down. Two witnesses told about watching him painstakingly handcraft a set of false teeth for a toothless dog. He'd been chewing the dog's food for him for the last thirteen years. In 1997 he won ninty-four million dollars (after taxes) in The New York State Lottery and gave it all to the homless but for $39.95 for a bus ticket home. He annointed a Dodge and it got better mileage. I'm a past-life regressionist and I know for a fact that Michaelangelo wants him to sit for a portrait as soon as he's dead. The last time I saw him he was he was sittin' on a bucket, eating soup made from rain and junkmail, he'd given all his morels to a colony of famished rabbits. I won't go as far as to say He walks on water, but I found a picture of him tossing Jesus a life-jacket and a box of dramamine.
Ron Dailey

United States

#9 Jan 7, 2010
Typo on "homeless" and Coach wasn't my spelling teacher anyway.
jrwebb

Crossville, TN

#10 Jan 7, 2010
Coach wrote:
You are an idiot webb! If one of your kids played a sport, you would be on the court writting an essay as to why your child should play and why the yelling was harmful!
Now give me 50 and learn to keep your mouth shut!!
Actually, I do have a child that plays basketball at Lenoir City High School. So much for the whole Ready, Fire, Aim thing, huh? Sigh ... so many mouth-breathers with internet connections. So little time.
jrwebb

Crossville, TN

#11 Jan 7, 2010
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot be serious. Good coach over the years yes. "Best High School Coach in Southeastern United States", uhhh, respectfully no. Your credibility going forward is now shot.
Find someone smarter than you (shouldn't be difficult) that can explain what "arguably" means. I would offer some help personally, but it seems like a long shot and I'm getting too old to waste lots of time.
jrwebb

Crossville, TN

#12 Jan 7, 2010
Ron Dailey wrote:
I did some snooping on Coach Lee after this thread started. People close to him told me that he gives away every cent he makes to charity, and lives off cafeteria food and morel mushrooms he grows in the woods near his home. I know myself he used to mow grass at The Crosseyed Cricket for free carp, but they shut down. Two witnesses told about watching him painstakingly handcraft a set of false teeth for a toothless dog. He'd been chewing the dog's food for him for the last thirteen years. In 1997 he won ninty-four million dollars (after taxes) in The New York State Lottery and gave it all to the homless but for $39.95 for a bus ticket home. He annointed a Dodge and it got better mileage. I'm a past-life regressionist and I know for a fact that Michaelangelo wants him to sit for a portrait as soon as he's dead. The last time I saw him he was he was sittin' on a bucket, eating soup made from rain and junkmail, he'd given all his morels to a colony of famished rabbits. I won't go as far as to say He walks on water, but I found a picture of him tossing Jesus a life-jacket and a box of dramamine.
Well written and funny - a rare treat around these parts. You have a gift for satire. Thanks.
UNBELIEVABLE

United States

#13 Jan 20, 2010
I WAS @ THE L.C. GIRLS GAME LAST NIGHT JUST TO OBSERVE,(I DONT HAVE ANYONE PLAYING)AND SAW A SORRY JOB OF COACHING BY COACH LEE,(SUBBING WHEN THE GIRLS ARE IN A RYTHYM,PLAYING GOOD BALL,ETC.)I AM NOT A COACH BUT I WOULDNT MAKE THE MISTAKES HE MADE.ALSO IT LOOKS LIKE HE QUIT ON HIS TEAM CAUSING SOME OF THEM TO GET DOWN ON THEMSELVES.HOW CAN THE PREVIOUS POST TAKE UP FOR HIM AS BEING A GOOD COACH???
Lady Panther

Greenback, TN

#14 Jan 20, 2010
lady panthers basketball wrote:
ive had the privilage of getting to watch the Lenoir City High School play basketball(girls and boys). i read a comment on here sometime ago where the writer said its time for Coach Lee to be removed.I know he has been with the school for years and theres a sense of loyalty but when hes keeping the players from reaching their full potential and possibly getting a scholarship then i believe its time for a change as well! his coaching style or lack of has lost us some players to surrounding schools,his screaming and yelling is no way to reach the players as well! theres no doubt hes a fine man but hes reached the end of his coaching career.
How is he keeping them from reaching their full potential?
sports writer

Oak Ridge, TN

#15 Jan 20, 2010
jrwebb wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I do have a child that plays basketball at Lenoir City High School. So much for the whole Ready, Fire, Aim thing, huh? Sigh ... so many mouth-breathers with internet connections. So little time.
Thus the reason for you to try and kiss ass as usual!!! Maybe you could spend a little less time typing and a little more time paying attention. Put that community college mind to good use.
jrwebb

Crossville, TN

#16 Jan 21, 2010
sports writer wrote:
<quoted text>
Thus the reason for you to try and kiss ass as usual!!! Maybe you could spend a little less time typing and a little more time paying attention. Put that community college mind to good use.
Again you manifest that charming capacity of the pedestrian dolt to get simple things wrong.

My child is a boy. He doesn't play for Coach Lee so what I write about Coach Lee doesn't influence him in any way. As alien as the concept might be to someone of your ... well, background, some people write things out of conviction. They write because they believe something - not to curry favour or to shun retribution.

Also, I am at your disposal to compare resume of academic and professional achievement, though I doubt that exercise would do much to advance your argument about which of us is ignorant.

Finally, if I ever decide that I need the advice of a common imbecile about what I should do with my time, I promise, I'll consider yours. In the interim however, I'm managing nicely on my own.
observer

United States

#17 Jan 21, 2010
Lady Panther wrote:
<quoted text>
How is he keeping them from reaching their full potential?
i dont think the girls react to his demeaning style of coaching for one and how many of his kids have gotten scholarships to play @ the next level? hes to worried about getting certain ones playing time off the bench to get the full potential out of his team!
LongDongRedskin

United States

#18 Jan 21, 2010
This is why you're athletic programe will never be anything.

Loudon has state titles in football.
crossroads

Oak Ridge, TN

#19 Jan 21, 2010
LongDongRedskin wrote:
This is why you're athletic programe will never be anything.
Loudon has state titles in football.
Was you alive when they got the last one?
Lady Panther

Greenback, TN

#20 Jan 25, 2010
observer wrote:
<quoted text>i dont think the girls react to his demeaning style of coaching for one and how many of his kids have gotten scholarships to play @ the next level? hes to worried about getting certain ones playing time off the bench to get the full potential out of his team!
He gets scholarships for the one's that are good enough and need it. Most of his girls don't even need basketball scholarships because they are getting academic ones. All the parents that think their kids shouldn't get yelled at are the problem. The team sucks because they don't respect the coach because the parents don't and are always putting him down. Why do you think Coach Lee has to worry about playing the ones off the bench? If he doesn't, the parents try to get him fired. Also, if he is yelling, then the girls aren't giving 100%, I know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 21
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lenoir City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Let's make RCHS great again 2 hr Parent 6
those pink hats 4 women 5 hr sensual cinnamon 3
million women marches 5 hr ThomasA 26
speak 7 dialects of chinese? 5 hr Makin Muny 1
Way Back When..... (Feb '10) Sun Lucky Drifter 534
Dad's Tire A Rip Off (Nov '12) Jan 21 stony tony 18
News Lenoir City man alleges false arrest in lawsuit... (Jun '11) Jan 21 Billy 2 14

Lenoir City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lenoir City Mortgages