Bill to slash unemployment benefits clears committee

Apr 2, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Tennessean

A bill that would slash dependent benefits for unemployed Tennesseans with children cleared a House committee today with little resistance.

Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Apr 11, 2013
Poor People

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 2, 2013
 
Look like Mr Matlock is worried about ever collecting unemployment. We will see if he get worried about re-election.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Poor People wrote:
Look like Mr Matlock is worried about ever collecting unemployment. We will see if he get worried about re-election.
You think if you're drawing unemployment there should be DEPENDANT BENEFITS for the entire family?

And I guess you think that's FREE, and nobody has to pay for it?.

Go get a job, you whiney lazy liberal.
Latisha

Loudon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 2, 2013
 
Yeah those poor fools out of work by no fault of their own sure can live well on that 275.

Love Tennessee

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

It turns out that it has to do with the stimulus money running out.
Unemployment benefits are back down to what they were, before the state got all those Obamabucks to make them bigger.
The best solution is still to go find a job.
Rufus

Loudon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The Real Goose wrote:
It turns out that it has to do with the stimulus money running out.
Unemployment benefits are back down to what they were, before the state got all those Obamabucks to make them bigger.
The best solution is still to go find a job.
Why go find a job if he still has his old lady working at Walmart or the local gas station. Working would cut down on hunting, fishing and hanging around with the good ole boys. Don't need that crap.
Tennessee Boy

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 3, 2013
 
The Real Goose wrote:
<quoted text>You think if you're drawing unemployment there should be DEPENDANT BENEFITS for the entire family?
And I guess you think that's FREE, and nobody has to pay for it?.
Go get a job, you whiney lazy liberal.
You dumb azz, As an employer I pay the unemployment and If I pay it in when I have to let someoone go. They should be able to draw what they can. The governments need to leave those funds alone and quit spending money making laws.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 3, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Tennessee Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
You dumb azz, As an employer I pay the unemployment and If I pay it in when I have to let someoone go. They should be able to draw what they can. The governments need to leave those funds alone and quit spending money making laws.
Speaking of dumb azzes, read the articles now online regarding this bill. Or just read the entire thread before commenting. You'll discover that as an employer you do NOT pay the portion which they are cutting. It was an increase funded by the federal stimulus money which is no longer available.

To maintain those benefits an employer would have to pay more. They chose to cut the benefits.
Tennessee Boy

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 3, 2013
 
The Real Goose wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking of dumb azzes, read the articles now online regarding this bill. Or just read the entire thread before commenting. You'll discover that as an employer you do NOT pay the portion which they are cutting. It was an increase funded by the federal stimulus money which is no longer available.
To maintain those benefits an employer would have to pay more. They chose to cut the benefits.
Bull $hit where did that money come from. If it were federal then Mr.Matlock wouldn't care.
Big Chief Slap a Ho

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 11, 2013
 
Rufus wrote:
<quoted text>
Why go find a job if he still has his old lady working at Walmart or the local gas station. Working would cut down on hunting, fishing and hanging around with the good ole boys. Don't need that crap.
You forgot riding around hunting pills and selling junk he steals on Craigslist. There fixed it for ya!
Big Chief Slap a Ho

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 11, 2013
 
Poor People wrote:
Look like Mr Matlock is worried about ever collecting unemployment. We will see if he get worried about re-election.
Lol...Like you vote! If you did, you would vote libtard so what does it matter to Jimmy what you think.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Lenoir City Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Lenoir City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lenoir City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Lenoir City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lenoir City
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••