Van Shaver Calls People Names

Posted in the Lenoir City Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Mary Jane

Knoxville, TN

#1 Sep 9, 2010
From Van's web site he refers to Ed Bell as.
"Retired Lenoir City banker, Ed "Liquor" Bell "
Why put Liquor as part of his name. I think that is not very christ like. If you agree with them or not. Don't call people names. I think Ed Bell should drag Mr. Shaver through court. Maybe Rex could defend him again.
ASSA

Cedartown, GA

#2 Sep 9, 2010
Yeah, thought it was uncalled for.
Craig

Rock Island, TN

#3 Sep 9, 2010
you two are idiots.....must be aikens lovers
ASSA

Cedartown, GA

#4 Sep 9, 2010
I have never liked Tony Aikens. Now STFU!
Craig

Rock Island, TN

#5 Sep 9, 2010
oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! gonna get the storm troopers to come by the house?
blazen

AOL

#6 Sep 9, 2010
Craig wrote:
you two are idiots.....must be aikens lovers
Maybe they are just smart and don't need to say they are Christian but just act like a Christian. Actions speak louder then words. Maybe Van should shut his mouth a little. I don't know Aikens either.
penny

Rock Island, TN

#7 Sep 9, 2010
well, while you idiots are running van in the ground, why don't you take the time to investigate the matter
ASSA

Cedartown, GA

#9 Sep 9, 2010
Yeah, his wife is Sarah Holland. She is somewhat odd. That's all I am saying here.
Alumni

AOL

#10 Sep 9, 2010
ASSA wrote:
Yeah, his wife is Sarah Holland. She is somewhat odd. That's all I am saying here.
You are clueless, I worked with his wife. "Somewhat odd" wouldn't begin to describe your desire to post that.
ASSA

Cedartown, GA

#11 Sep 9, 2010
Alumni wrote:
<quoted text>
You are clueless, I worked with his wife. "Somewhat odd" wouldn't begin to describe your desire to post that.
Good for you. You are entitled to your own opinion.
Ex Judge

Shelbyville, TN

#13 Sep 10, 2010
Can't we all get along?
Tell it brother

Lenoir City, TN

#14 Sep 10, 2010
Keep telling it like it is Van, the truth hurts sometimes ,but as the saying goes the truth will stand when the world is on fire.
MomOf2

Crossville, TN

#15 Sep 11, 2010
Anytime you tell the un-edited truth, your going to have people rise against you. And since no one can find where Van has ever told a LIE, they have to pick at the only specs they can find,...and they do it in the name of God, as CHRISTIANS.
If your all such good Christians, as you claim to be and Van not-to-be, why are you on this thread bashing him? That's not Christ-like either!
Sounds like the Pot calling the Kettle black to me!
Blazen

AOL

#17 Sep 11, 2010
I believe comments that Van has made on his website about the President of the USA (whether you voted for the man or not) are not only un-Christian but pure STUPID. If that is Van's intelligence level I wouldn't vote for him for dog catcher.
NoOneinParticula r

Manchester, TN

#18 Sep 11, 2010
MomOf2 wrote:
Anytime you tell the un-edited truth, your going to have people rise against you. And since no one can find where Van has ever told a LIE, they have to pick at the only specs they can find,...and they do it in the name of God, as CHRISTIANS.
If your all such good Christians, as you claim to be and Van not-to-be, why are you on this thread bashing him? That's not Christ-like either!
Sounds like the Pot calling the Kettle black to me!
"Then came Obama. Like it or not, Barack Hussein Obama is one of them, he is a muslim. How many friends or family do you have with Hussein as part of their name? In his young adult life he called himself Barry Obama to better associate himself with his white ancestry. When it became more advantageous for him to be identified with his black ancestry he became known as Barack Obama. Then when it was hip to be associated with the muslim nation he became Barack Hussein Obama. If nothing else Obama is a great opportunist.

For me, it's not a matter of color but a matter of character which he has none. Obama is not black, he's not white and by most accounts including his own grandmother, he's not even an American yet now he is the president."

- Van Shaver

There are several lies in the paragraph posted above. That paragraph came directly from Van's website.
Keep Telling It Van

Seymour, TN

#19 Sep 11, 2010
As Christians, I believe we are called to play an unusual role in dealing with the unrighteous. It is not a role of passivity.

We are called to love our enemies, to pray for them, but to stand firm against their unrighteousness and injustice. We aren't aggressive, but we are assertive.

Be determined to take a stand.

Van, you keep on keeping on. The unrighteous will always come after you and attack you, but they don't have the backbone to back themselves up with a website of their own. So, far I haven't seen anybody back up anything that they say you have said wrong. They say you are wrong, but they don't have anything to back it up with!

Stay strong Van Shaver! There are a lot more that appreciate what you do than don't!
wondering out loud

Kingsport, TN

#20 Sep 11, 2010
Keep Telling It Van wrote:
As Christians, I believe we are called to play an unusual role in dealing with the unrighteous. It is not a role of passivity.
We are called to love our enemies, to pray for them, but to stand firm against their unrighteousness and injustice. We aren't aggressive, but we are assertive.
Be determined to take a stand.
Van, you keep on keeping on. The unrighteous will always come after you and attack you, but they don't have the backbone to back themselves up with a website of their own. So, far I haven't seen anybody back up anything that they say you have said wrong. They say you are wrong, but they don't have anything to back it up with!
Stay strong Van Shaver! There are a lot more that appreciate what you do than don't!
Well, too bad all you Van-supporters didn't vote for him! Doesn't seem that there are as many of you as you think. We don't need your kind of righteousness - or Van's. Let him keep talking - shine a light on all that he is - and is NOT.
MomOf2

Crossville, TN

#21 Sep 11, 2010
Matthew wrote:
<quoted text>
Um please show me where I claim to be like you? It is you that is saying how much better you are as you put others down. Van calls people names, and you as a Christian act as if it is OK. I have news for you, it's not OK. As usual you Assumed wrong.
Sir, not to be rude, but your off your rocker! claim to be like me?? I never said anything about ME, I was talking to those who were posting how "non-christian" Van is, while committing the same "sin" themselves, bashing others. And what did I assume??? Who was I saying that I was better than? You don't even make any sense.
MomOf2

Crossville, TN

#22 Sep 11, 2010
NoOneinParticular wrote:
<quoted text>
"Then came Obama. Like it or not, Barack Hussein Obama is one of them, he is a muslim. How many friends or family do you have with Hussein as part of their name? In his young adult life he called himself Barry Obama to better associate himself with his white ancestry. When it became more advantageous for him to be identified with his black ancestry he became known as Barack Obama. Then when it was hip to be associated with the muslim nation he became Barack Hussein Obama. If nothing else Obama is a great opportunist.
For me, it's not a matter of color but a matter of character which he has none. Obama is not black, he's not white and by most accounts including his own grandmother, he's not even an American yet now he is the president."
- Van Shaver
There are several lies in the paragraph posted above. That paragraph came directly from Van's website.
What was a lie?
wondering out loud

Kingsport, TN

#23 Sep 11, 2010
MomOf2 wrote:
<quoted text>
What was a lie?
Are you really an idiot or do you just like to make us think so? Obama is NOT a Muslim, IS an American citizen, and has not changed his name. Turn off Glen Beck and get your head out of your ass. Keep on blindly accepting the crap that Van and Beck and other haters like them spew. And then go claim to be a Christian. At least we know what to expect from your type.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lenoir City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
philandering 5 min been there 3
$5000 Reward For Information Leading To Arrest ... 1 hr Victim 1
98.7 FM Backs Bathroom Rights 1 hr My Right not yorin 3
Congratulations President Trump 1 hr Tyler 7
Radio Stations 3 hr Red Light This 56
Joe Pace and Hayden Bingham to state tournament Mar 24 Lola 7
Poll Favorite Knoxville Meteorologist (past or present) (Aug '11) Mar 23 Mike brown 5

Lenoir City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lenoir City Mortgages