conflict of interest
Yep

Knoxville, TN

#21 Oct 11, 2012
It should be very interesting to watch, if we can get someone on the council who will ask questions and let the people know what is really going on. Especially if we can also get a treasurer with an accounting degree who is working for the people and not for the mayor.

Vote for Randall and Becky! Maybe we will find out all the dirty little secrets the politicos are so afraid for anyone new to come in and discover.

The amount of money they are spending and the amount of rhetoric they are spewing does make them look very desperate. It should make more people question why.

They all have to wear so many hats, you would think they would welcome some honest qualified people willing to come in and help share the load, wouldn't you? lol! ha ha he he
L C JIM

Kingsport, TN

#22 Oct 11, 2012
All the SURPLUS money , is that why the CITY is buying the Sun Trust building. Conflict of interest question. Who owns the building ? My understanding was that about 3 years ago Sun Trust sold the building to a "group of local investors". Do any of these "local investors hold local or county offce ????
Who Let The Dawgs Out

Manchester, TN

#23 Oct 11, 2012
Vote For Becky! Vote For Randall! YAY! You cant go wrong!
Yep

Knoxville, TN

#24 Oct 11, 2012
Yep, I heard it was sold to a bunch of local investors too. I guess it didn't make them much of a profit if they are willing to let it go so "cheap."
Could it be that some of our elected officials have more of an interest in selling the building than in helping the city by buying it.
I think we need a congressional investigation to find out just exactly who does reap the proceeds of the Sun Trust Bank building. It would take a federal investigation to get the names. Mark my words, you won't get them from anybody here.
If you do get names from anybody here I'd get it verified by the FBI. lol he he ha ha
Yep

Knoxville, TN

#25 Oct 11, 2012
What is up with the Lenoir City Company selling all the land? Maybe they own the land the bank is sitting on. What if we are just getting the Sun Trust building and the land doesn't go with it.
uh oh!
Yep

Knoxville, TN

#26 Oct 11, 2012
Gotta go watch the big vp debate. lol he he ha ha
Who Let The Dawgs Out

Manchester, TN

#27 Oct 12, 2012
Could a person find that out from the courthouse? Or could individuals hide their names behind a company name or some other way?
Curious Too 2

Knoxville, TN

#28 Oct 12, 2012
I've seen Jim Wilburn's flyer that was delivered by mail.
He lists his experience,leadership, and dedication.
I dont mean any offense but I couldn't help but notice there was nothing listed about his education.
Will we really elect a local businessman who is of retirement age (and well connected to city hall having been appointed by the mayor and council), when we have a young college graduate with a degree in accounting who is wanting to be fairly elected by the voters and use his education and experience as Treasuer/Recorder in his hometown city government?
What message are you sending to your young people about the importance of an education and what politics is about.
(I know Ms. B. That is one major run-on sentence.)
Who Let The Dawgs Out

Manchester, TN

#29 Oct 12, 2012
I believe wilburn was born with a silver spoon..there was always the family business so I guess that is where he practiced his education. Everything was a given
Friend of Change

Greenback, TN

#30 Oct 12, 2012
I looked at Wlburn's web site and he says he has a degree in public health. I do not think public health would have anything to do with business. I am sorry but the best choice is Randall Brown and he is legal. The people voted the appointed Recorder out and this is what the mayor and council came up with to try and get their man (Wilburn)into the recorder office. The residents of Lenoir City should raise the roof. If Wilburn can not even vote for himself, then why should the residents? Tell all your friends, neighbors, and kinfolks to vote for an honest person for that job. That would be Randall Brown.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#31 Oct 13, 2012
It comes down to autonomy. If they appoint the Treasurer they can fire the Treasurer. One who is elected cannot be fired, which means they cannot bully that person into keeping their secrets.

And that's what made the city judge mad. He could not fire Debbie Cook when she didn't keep his secrets, and complained about him dismissing charges in court if the person donated to his phony charity.

These people try to make it sound like we are the only place in the universe that still elects the city recorder.

I drove through Madisonville a few days ago and saw the campaign signs by the road. Guess what they are doing.
They are having an election for city recorder.
Who Let The Dawgs Out

Manchester, TN

#32 Oct 13, 2012
I just watched that recorded City Council meeting on the Community Channel on Tv (Charter TV 3).. LOL! they are using that as their campaign headquarters. They were patting their selves on the back, and patting each other on the back on what a good job they are doing. That is only in their world though! They all drink out of the same fountain. And tooting their own horns. And,I wish I had a quarter for every time they said "move forward"..I believe that is the same slogan Eddie is using in his campaign. Go Becky and Randall!
Jim

Madisonville, TN

#33 Oct 13, 2012
what do you expect when you have a guy who has been under indictment about 6 times running the show? These idiots who elected him didn't see anything fishy about a guy getting out of trouble with the same "retired" judge every time? And if that wasn't fishy enough, look who is the LC city attorney...none other than the son of the "retired" judge who got him off of the indictments!!!! WAKE UP
Curious

Maryville, TN

#34 Oct 13, 2012
Jim wrote:
what do you expect when you have a guy who has been under indictment about 6 times running the show? These idiots who elected him didn't see anything fishy about a guy getting out of trouble with the same "retired" judge every time? And if that wasn't fishy enough, look who is the LC city attorney...none other than the son of the "retired" judge who got him off of the indictments!!!! WAKE UP
. Could you not call the TBI about that

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#35 Oct 13, 2012
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>. Could you not call the TBI about that
TBI only investigates something if the District Attorney General requests is.
Good luck getting that done.
Who Let The Dawgs Out

Manchester, TN

#36 Oct 13, 2012
Moving forward = Becky and Randall..at least it will be a start in the right direction
Conflict

Knoxville, TN

#37 Oct 17, 2012
Would there be a conflict of interest if the city insurance was done by a family member of a council member? To me that would be a conflict of interest but thought i would ask. Also i think it looks bad when the local inssurance comapany puts politic signs up for candidates that decide on which insurance company they use for the city. Looks like a big conflict of interest.
heaven help us

Knoxville, TN

#38 Oct 17, 2012
Conflict wrote:
Would there be a conflict of interest if the city insurance was done by a family member of a council member? To me that would be a conflict of interest but thought i would ask. Also i think it looks bad when the local inssurance comapany puts politic signs up for candidates that decide on which insurance company they use for the city. Looks like a big conflict of interest.
Well now you've gone and dun'it. Just tell everybody....:)
Local

Knoxville, TN

#39 Oct 17, 2012
I think City Hall should remain Down Town. Moving out on 321 says to the rest of us not the try and keep Down Town alive. Business down town have it hard enough. Moving the City Hall on 321 is a slap in the face to the Down Town business.
sista

United States

#40 Oct 17, 2012
Conflict wrote:
Are you talking about that person named Wampler who was pitching an insurance plan to the county commission awhile back?
Did the city buy that plan where they fine employees for not working out at the gym?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lenoir City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UT commitments 1 hr Vol fan 1
News Tennessee wildfires lead to evacuation of downt... 2 hr kim kardashian 122
Karen childs 3 hr Alan 2
John McFarland 3 hr Jesus 2
Local Politics Do you approve of Doyle Arp as County Mayor? (Sep '12) 4 hr Butch 5
What's going on in kingston parks 4 hr Jake 10
Ebt benefit a not there 5 hr McDonalds worker 11

Lenoir City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lenoir City Mortgages