Who Do You Want As Next Grant Parish ...

Who Do You Want As Next Grant Parish Sheriff

Created by Observer on Jan 30, 2011

249 votes

Click on an option to vote

Pop Hattaway

Baxter Welch

Neither

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
enough

United States

#1 Feb 1, 2011
Stephen McCain
concerned resident

Charlotte, NC

#2 Feb 1, 2011
mr. mccain would be an excellent sheriff . we could get honesty and integrety back the office. we tried pop way too long pop has lots of baggage and would like to get even if the citizens that voted him out
draggin

United States

#3 Feb 2, 2011
concerned resident wrote:
mr. mccain would be an excellent sheriff . we could get honesty and integrety back the office. we tried pop way too long pop has lots of baggage and would like to get even if the citizens that voted him out
I thought Stephen was pop's puppet?
Eagles west

Pineville, LA

#4 Feb 2, 2011
Stephen McCain is my choice
nopopnextterm

Pineville, LA

#5 Feb 3, 2011
Steven McCain is nobody's puppet. He can win it on his own merit. He is worthy of this trust.
Interested Citizen

Farmerville, LA

#6 Feb 6, 2011
Mr. McCain is a fine choice, well respected. Is he going to resign his job with DA's office to run? And how is he going to manage his relationship with Pop, whom we all know is "encouraging" Mr. McCain to run this term? This smells like a boat load to rotten fish to me.
Not So Fast

Pineville, LA

#7 Feb 13, 2011
Interested Citizen wrote:
Mr. McCain is a fine choice, well respected. Is he going to resign his job with DA's office to run? And how is he going to manage his relationship with Pop, whom we all know is "encouraging" Mr. McCain to run this term? This smells like a boat load to rotten fish to me.
Might want to check on issues Mr. McCain maybe having ~ Keeping it in the family takes on a whole new meaning!!!! People have been saying on all these post for weeks "Don't throw stones unless you live in a glass house!" Wonder if Mr. McCain has been part of the stone throwing towards Sheriff Welch ~ sure hope not! Word is Mr. McCain needs to "sweep around his own door step" so to speak!!!
enough

Shreveport, LA

#8 Feb 15, 2011
I say that we still need young blood as sheriff. The old timers are in the past.
Eagles West

Alexandria, LA

#9 Feb 16, 2011
How Baxter has been supposedly spending his time and who with makes no difference to me personally. The #1 problem facing Grant Parish has been, is, and will be in the future...drugs. McCain recognizes that fact, which is why I am supporting him.
NOT SO FAST

Pineville, LA

#10 Feb 16, 2011
concerned resident wrote:
Seems Mr. McCain has his own set of baggage!
beckyhomeecky

United States

#13 Mar 4, 2011
ABB (Anybody But Baxter)
Interested Citizen

Farmerville, LA

#14 Mar 4, 2011
beckyhomeecky wrote:
ABB (Anybody But Baxter)
Why?
nopopnextterm

Pineville, LA

#15 Mar 4, 2011
nopop please
Not Welch

Winnfield, LA

#16 Mar 5, 2011
He has exposed the parish to tremendous civil liability should any of the affected parties choose to sue. What he has done is sexual harrassment under federal law. We can only hope it doesn't wind up bankrupting the department.
NOT SO FAST

Pineville, LA

#17 Mar 5, 2011
Word is Pop Hataway is enjoying retirement and he is NOT running for Sheriff. So seems like at the moment we have Mr. Paul Phillips, Mr. Preston Mosley and Mr. Steven McCain running for Sheriff ! Ummm?
Interested Citizen

Farmerville, LA

#18 Mar 5, 2011
Rumor on the grapevine is Benny Bullett may also run.
beckyhomeecky

United States

#19 Mar 7, 2011
To be honest, Steven McCain OR Preston Mosley would make a great sheriff. Our current sheriff has collected his own baggage. He is supposed to be moral and so far he hasn't been. I know others have done the same thing, but they weren't splashed across the front page of the paper with theirs.
Interested Citizen

Farmerville, LA

#20 Mar 7, 2011
Preston Mosley is Pop's puppet so to elect Preston is to elect Pop, again. What did Preston do while he was employeed by GPSO to improve the quality of the department or it's image? We've been down that road; do we really want to go down it again? As for Steven, why do we have to be bombarded by seven months of unsightly political signs placed or plastered all over the Parish? Three months of that type of political pollution is more than enough. Does Steven have the experience and/or maturity to manage all that is involved in running a major, public business? There is more to being a sheriff than wearing a badge and shaking hands.
Billy Bob

Beaumont, TX

#21 Mar 8, 2011
Preston Mosley is no ones puppet, just because he worked with Pop doesn't mean he will be controlled by Pop or anyone else. Pop is enjoying his retirement and working with Jindal and doesn't want to be involved with this Sheriff's race. Pop knows that if he wanted to be Sheriff of Grant Parish he could be!! I agree the people of Grant Parish will be sick of looking at McCain's signs by October. Also, why vote for McCain when he has the same problems that Brian Ellias has with his wife. Steven doesn't have the experience that Preston Mosley has and Steven is trying to run this race with the "NAME" which will get him a hand full of votes. I heard Paul Phillips is running for Sheriff, come on grant Parish he was a loser as a School Board Member and raised a big stink over something minor, WE don't won't this guy for sure!!
NOT_ONE _OF THEM

New Orleans, LA

#23 Mar 29, 2011
McCain for Sheriff he has my vote!!!!!! he will do just fine. He is perfectly capable of making his own decissions and if he should so seek advice from "POP" then so be it. I know he wkill make the right decision even if pop tries to influence him a little. MCCAIN MCCAIN MCCAIN MCCAIN MCCAIN !!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Campti man arrested, accused of arson May 27 Jimmy 27
Smoke May 6 Smk 2
Melody Ann Shepherd Apr '15 Good deed is puni... 1
Run Preston Run Apr '15 Parish 1
How do you feel about Sheriff McCain and GPSO (Sep '13) Apr '15 Pollock 31
beautician Mar '15 Miranda 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Louisiana ... (Oct '10) Oct '10 TOMAHAWK 17
More from around the web

Lena People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]