Relive the Civil War, through tours, ...

Relive the Civil War, through tours, encampments, battle reenactments

There are 40 comments on the PennLive.com story from Jul 4, 2012, titled Relive the Civil War, through tours, encampments, battle reenactments. In it, PennLive.com reports that:

The Battle of Get tysburg holds a special signifi cance to Penn sylvania Civil War buffs, not only as it was the only major battle to be fought in the state, but also because it has come to be viewed as a cru cial turning point in the war.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PennLive.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#1 Jul 4, 2012
Gettysburg..is the perfect place for History buffs..it offers soooo much. The entire town is geared for tourism..Check it out..You won't be disappointed..
Goon Squad

Elliottsburg, PA

#3 Jul 4, 2012
Negro gang members from NYC have set up shop in Gettysburg and are dealing crack cocaine to both the locals and to tourists. There's also some Mexican "migrant workers" aka gang members behaving like hellions around the Gettysburg community as well. You're better off going to Harper's Ferry, WV and/or Antietam Battlefield if the Civil War is your thing.
Davenport

United States

#4 Jul 4, 2012
Goon Squad wrote:
Negro gang members from NYC have set up shop in Gettysburg and are dealing crack cocaine to both the locals and to tourists. There's also some Mexican "migrant workers" aka gang members behaving like hellions around the Gettysburg community as well. You're better off going to Harper's Ferry, WV and/or Antietam Battlefield if the Civil War is your thing.
Thank you for this information, it is amazing how much censorship goes on as far as crime and news in Gettysburg. The yokels don't want anyone to know about the crime epidemic.
Pink Eye

Milford, PA

#5 Jul 5, 2012
Davenport wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for this information, it is amazing how much censorship goes on as far as crime and news in Gettysburg. The yokels don't want anyone to know about the crime epidemic.
WOuld you know if its safe for the reenactors to be camping while in Gettysburg? Have you heard of anyone roaming the encampments robbing the reenactors?
If so, is this due to gang activity in the area or just a lone local.
General Longstreet

Ardsley, NY

#6 Jul 5, 2012
It was much, much safer to come to Gettysburg on July 2, 1863 than it was on July 2, 2012. Your much more likely to get shot today in Gettysburg than you would have at the actual time of the battle. It chaos in Gettysburg right now.
NYWarbuff

Ardsley, NY

#7 Jul 5, 2012
Pink Eye wrote:
<quoted text>WOuld you know if its safe for the reenactors to be camping while in Gettysburg? Have you heard of anyone roaming the encampments robbing the reenactors?
If so, is this due to gang activity in the area or just a lone local.
Does anyone remember the serial killer that was stalking hikers on the Appalachian Trail? Somethig like 11 killed near Gettysburg in one year alone, and that the investigations were all explained away as accident or suicide, then a reporter put it all together, there were unsolved murders almost the entire length of the trail with the most being between Gettysburg and Northern Virginia. For long time hikers like me, it was strange seeing so few people out there, and almost never anyone hiking by themselves.
Trouble in paradise

Huntingdon Valley, PA

#8 Jul 5, 2012
Davenport wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for this information, it is amazing how much censorship goes on as far as crime and news in Gettysburg. The yokels don't want anyone to know about the crime epidemic.
Pink Eye wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't come to Topix for crediable information regarding any topic. If you do so then I'd scream, "hey look at the idiot". Yes, thank God for anonymity of the internet, it makes for good entertainment, if for only a moment.
And I thought they shared the same brain. Took that from another thread, misspellings and all. Perfect Response Pink Eye, I have nothing to add.
NYWarbuff

Ardsley, NY

#9 Jul 5, 2012
Trouble in paradise wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text> And I thought they shared the same brain. Took that from another thread, misspellings and all. Perfect Response Pink Eye, I have nothing to add.
For Pete's sake you must be a petty person to be researching posts just to spew hatrid towards the people you don't agree with.

My advice is to calm down and try to act better in the future.
Trouble in paradise

Huntingdon Valley, PA

#10 Jul 5, 2012
NYWarbuff wrote:
<quoted text>
For Pete's sake you must be a petty person to be researching posts just to spew hatrid towards the people you don't agree with.
My advice is to calm down and try to act better in the future.
Yeah, it took me all of about 5 minutes since her post was right at the bottom of another thread. Check this http://www.topix.com/forum/city/gettysburg-pa Run down the topics list and just look at the column that reads "last by". It's the Pink Eye, Davenport and now some loser from New York show. Who's petty? Who's on here all day, every day? The proof is in the pudding bud and I'm the one spewing hatred? Yeah, okay.
NYWarbuff

Ardsley, NY

#11 Jul 5, 2012
God bless you, son.
Nice Try

Huntingdon Valley, PA

#12 Jul 5, 2012
NYWarbuff wrote:
<quoted text>
Does anyone remember the serial killer that was stalking hikers on the Appalachian Trail? Somethig like 11 killed near Gettysburg in one year alone, and that the investigations were all explained away as accident or suicide, then a reporter put it all together, there were unsolved murders almost the entire length of the trail with the most being between Gettysburg and Northern Virginia. For long time hikers like me, it was strange seeing so few people out there, and almost never anyone hiking by themselves.
You're talking about Gary Michael Hilton. It happened on the Appalachian trail but you're off by several hundred miles. The murders occurred in Georgia and Florida. If memory serves the last time there was a murder on the trail in PA was way back in 1991. Never let the facts get in the way of a good story though.
Cereal Killer

Ardsley, NY

#13 Jul 5, 2012
No one gives a rats behind about some BS serial killer on the App Trail. We're talking about colored gangsters taking over Gettysburg. Get with it.
Pink Eye

Milford, PA

#14 Jul 5, 2012
Trouble in paradise wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text> And I thought they shared the same brain. Took that from another thread, misspellings and all. Perfect Response Pink Eye, I have nothing to add.
I'z find mize mis spell'ns bennyficial to you dumbz localz whose got nutt'n better to do thenz worrie bout spell'n.
Since you consider Gettysburg paradise, then I'd assume that past postings regarding gangs in the area would be correct, there's trouble in paradise.
Perfect response "trouble in paradise" now go snuggle up to a woolie, while the rest of us head to the casino for a little fun.
Nice Try

Huntingdon Valley, PA

#15 Jul 5, 2012
Cereal Killer wrote:
No one gives a rats behind about some BS serial killer on the App Trail. We're talking about colored gangsters taking over Gettysburg. Get with it.
So why'd you bring it up?
Nice Try

Huntingdon Valley, PA

#16 Jul 5, 2012
Pink Eye wrote:
<quoted text>I'z find mize mis spell'ns bennyficial to you dumbz localz whose got nutt'n better to do thenz worrie bout spell'n.
Since you consider Gettysburg paradise, then I'd assume that past postings regarding gangs in the area would be correct, there's trouble in paradise.
Perfect response "trouble in paradise" now go snuggle up to a woolie, while the rest of us head to the casino for a little fun.
You've got it all wrong again hon. I live in Philly and I'd rather watch paint dry than spend a week in Gettysburg. And by trouble in paradise I was just expressing my concern over how you and you're internet love, Davenport, might reconcile the fact the he believes everything he reads here while you think people who believe what they read on message boards are idiots. I was smelling lovers quarrel. We can't have you crazy kids breaking up before you meet atop the Willis Tower in Chicago.
NYWarbuff

Ardsley, NY

#17 Jul 5, 2012
Nice Try wrote:
<quoted text>You've got it all wrong again hon. I live in Philly and I'd rather watch paint dry than spend a week in Gettysburg. And by trouble in paradise I was just expressing my concern over how you and you're internet love, Davenport, might reconcile the fact the he believes everything he reads here while you think people who believe what they read on message boards are idiots. I was smelling lovers quarrel. We can't have you crazy kids breaking up before you meet atop the Willis Tower in Chicago.
The fact that you choose a name which is inflammatory to the topic at hand leads me to believe that you are a part of the problem here.
85th Pennsylvania

Uniontown, PA

#18 Jul 7, 2012
I go to Gettysburg several times each year and haven't had a problem. If what is posted is true, NYC and Mexico need to keep their trash at home and not pollute such a great place. Our ancestors from 1863 would know how to deal with such garbage, a strong rope and a sturdy branch ... end of problem.
NYWarbuff

Ardsley, NY

#19 Jul 8, 2012
85th Pennsylvania wrote:
I go to Gettysburg several times each year and haven't had a problem. If what is posted is true, NYC and Mexico need to keep their trash at home and not pollute such a great place. Our ancestors from 1863 would know how to deal with such garbage, a strong rope and a sturdy branch ... end of problem.
I have never had a problem either. But as the economy gets tighter, the lower order people get more desperate. With desperation comes a ready willingness to forget their place in the social order and commit crimes or act as derelicts.

I haven't been to Gettysburg in a while, but it seems from these posts that it might as well be 1863 there. Yippee Ki Yay.

Since: Mar 11

Gettysburg, PA

#20 Jul 8, 2012
General Longstreet wrote:
It was much, much safer to come to Gettysburg on July 2, 1863 than it was on July 2, 2012. Your much more likely to get shot today in Gettysburg than you would have at the actual time of the battle. It chaos in Gettysburg right now.
You are pretty close on that statement, but not completely true.

In 1863 two very big “gangs” visited Gettysburg. Over 150,000 of them. During that time they killed or wounded over 50,000 of their own and killed one citizen.

In 2012, I don’t think any of the “Gangs” will be that big. Over the past several years we have had many “gangs” visit the area, and not nearly as many casualties and no civilian deaths due to shooting or violence.

BTW the definition of gang that I used is “a group of people with compatible tastes or mutual interests who gather together for social reasons.” Such as youth groups, church groups, history clubs, and military unit reunions as examples. Those are about the only gangs we have here.
NYWarbuff

Ardsley, NY

#21 Jul 8, 2012
Is it true that the bikers who are coming are gang members?

I have seen that posted here by many people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lemoyne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Turn Collegiate, Central into charter schools: ... 12 min Sonys 8
voteTrump May 17 der 7
News Windish or Slovenian? Another side of the story... (Jul '07) May 15 Tara Zrinski 33
Lying Donald Trump May 14 Colonel Pale Rider 10
Old Lemoyne video May 13 Cindyk 1
Public Official Double Dipping? May 13 anonymous 2
News What's the best way to help an elderly dog? (May '09) May 11 Zeke the Pinhead 19
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lemoyne Mortgages