Local: Visalia pastor sues son over 'cyberbullying'

Oct 18, 2012 Read more: The Fresno Bee 1,863

Visalia Calvary Church pastor, the Rev. Bob Grenier, and his wife, Gayle, have sued their estranged son, Alex Grenier, accusing him of defamation and cyberbullying.

Read more
Who

Manteca, CA

#1827 Feb 20, 2013
I think it is telling that they are posting step-by-step instructions on how to more successfully assassinate the character of Bob using any media vehicle they can.
Using twitter to harass? Really? And you don't see anything wrong with this?
Julie Anne, your case in Oregon against Grace Community and Alex' case in CA are apples and oranges...I wish you weren't so dense, because then you would see the differences.
As it stands now, you are jumping on a hate bandwagon that you have no reason to jump on, other than the fact that you have waaaay too much time on your hands.
I thought home-schooling kids was more work than that.
I guess not.
Or, your kids are going to grow up really stupid because while their mom SHOULD be helping them with their math, mom is instead assisting Alex' hate campaign by tweet bombing anyone and everyone, even though you know they will delete your tweets because they don't like being harrassed for disagreeing with you and Alex.
Jeez! Sometimes I think you guys take crazy pills every morning.
My name is Who.
Who

Manteca, CA

#1829 Feb 21, 2013
Here's an enlightening post from Alex' hate site...
monax says:
February 21, 2013 at 10:00 am
Let’s go to war..
Who says
What's so inaccurate about the charge of 'cyberbully hate campaign' again?!
Who

United States

#1830 Feb 21, 2013
at Alex' hatesite
-

Kathy says:
February 21, 2013 at 1:08 pm.
Your account (@kathylee022013) is currently suspended. For more information, please visit Suspended Accounts.
This is really messed up? Someone tagged me as spam? Has this happened to anyone else?
Kathy says:
February 21, 2013 at 1:09 pm.
That is messed up! I only sent 6 tweets! How could I be spamming?
Who

United States

#1831 Feb 21, 2013
Alex says
"...Alex says:
February 21, 2013 at 1:21 pm.
Hmmm, not sure why folks are getting suspended..."
Who says
Must all be a grand conspiracy! The devil introduced Bob to the twitter network and they have both conspired to ban Alex and his sycophants, all under the pretense of putting a stop to "spamming."
I mean, really...what other explanation could there BE?
Who

United States

#1832 Feb 22, 2013
What I would like the General Reader to consider is how terrible false allegations of all kinds are.
-
To falsely accuse someone of murder and then provide investigators with information implicating the person falsely accused
IS ILLEGAL. I'll say it again. ILLEGAL.
The exact analogue is here.
Bob has been vilified, tried and convicted in the court of public opinion like a murderer
AND NO EVIDENCE HAS SHOWN THAT HE MURDERED ANYONE.
-
And now Alex and a small few sycophants of his have taken to twitter and facebook, extending their accusations in divers directions, and if they worked for a veritable news organizations as reporters they'd be fired for subjecting the news organization to risk of lawsuit.
-
I wish that were the case....but in this case,
THEY ARE BLOGGERS.
Who

United States

#1833 Feb 22, 2013
If I were looking for another job, and I discovered that a former co-worker was going around telling every potential employer that I was a thief, that would be illegal and morally indefensible.
I would be walking around trying to find a job, wondering why no one would hire me, only to find out that people think I'm a thief because of some lies a co-worker told about me.
Those lies would keep me from meeting the moral, spiritual, economic and social requirements of life.
-
This is exactly the situation that Bob finds himself in, and through no fault of his own.
-
It makes me think that Alex is a disgusting piece of shit for goading his sheep of a gay brother to lie for the sake of Alex' hate campaign.
-
There are so many nasty consequences, and Alex has been ranting for years.
This is why I believe that Bob's lawsuit is completely justified, especially because he is not suing a brother in Christ, he is suing someone (Alex) that has made it his goal in life to destroy Bob.
This aggression will not stand. Donnie, mark it zero.
Who

Manteca, CA

#1834 Feb 22, 2013
How's the hate campaign going today, Alex?
I'm guessing the twitter campaign wasn't what you'd hoped for.
There were like 5 people doing it.
harharhar
Who

Manteca, CA

#1835 Feb 22, 2013
hashtag-WhoWould JesusSue

Nampa, ID

#1838 Feb 22, 2013
just b/c there are 'cyberbully' attorneys willing to take the $$$ from stupid prideful public figures in positions of trust within institutions of trust, and just b/c those idiots don't mind spending the hard earned $$$ of those giving it "to the Lord" does not mean they're right.

The attorneys will make their $$$ the prideful abusive idiot pastors/chaplains etc and churches will spend "God's money" on frivolous suits, and the good attorneys protecting the First Amendment will get paid with "God's money" as well.

Sad, but true.

Repent you idiots, but you won't, pride and self delusion is your worst enemy, not the "EVIL CYBERBULLIES!!!!!"

Nampa, ID

#1839 Feb 22, 2013
Meanwhile the REAL victims in this entire situation wait for JUSTICE

Nampa, ID

#1840 Feb 22, 2013
What is ironic is the so-called "cyberbully" police do the same things they are accusing others of. It's hilarious.

Let the lawsuits come. First Amendment attorneys need work, the 'cyberbully' attorneys found stupid prideful guys with an axe to grind and other people's money to spend...so let's get it on!

Nampa, ID

#1841 Feb 22, 2013
it's a stimulus for the legal community!
Who

Manteca, CA

#1842 Feb 22, 2013
Here's Alex attacking another pastor in Oregon.
Alex says
"... You’re a dick, that is plain to see. You are not Qualified to be a pastor per 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1. You are not the Servant of All as Jesus taught and you don’t take the high road and forgive 70 times 7 nor do you leave the 99 to save the 1. It sounds like you’d have loved the OT times, you could have stoned the women and children to death who rebelled against your “authority”.
You’re an asshole, I know one when I see one. I went to The Master’s College, attended Big Grace and am all Johnny Mac’d up. I know I’m not qualified to be a pastor, not nearly. You remind me of me. Total asshole who won’t let it go. You should open a chain of Pawn & Gun stores and get out of the pulpit, jerk.
Leave Julie Anne alone and repent and pastor the small flock you have left. If you don’t like it, you can sue. Better yet, if you really don’t like it, you’re welcome to come see me in person, I’ll give you the address to one of my stores, we can hash it out face-to-face since you seem to be such a tough-guy..."
"...LOL! Chuck you are a delusional, yet funny guy ironically. Do you see the irony in your article? I’m sure you miss it entirely..."
"...You don’t have to worry about the “evil cyberbullies!”…you and your pride are your own worst enemy..."
"...I know you won’t let that last comment post b/c I didn’t call you a dick LOL..."
"...Your ‘cyberbully’ attorney is an idiot, he’s playing you the fool IMO and will take all the money you and others will send them to fight a losing battle. Unfortunate that it is other people’s money you are spending, money the gave to “the Lord” etc..."
"...just go full Jim Jones already and move to Ghana, YIKES! Drop the kool aid Chuck. You’re really cracking up. You need to repent and humble yourself and drop the over-authoritarianism and be like Jesus, the Good Shepherd, and be the Servant of All. Like I said, your biggest problem is you and your pride. You illustrate almost daily how unqualified to pastor you really are..."
"...Hey, I understand if you lack the ability to engage in an online dialogue on your blogsite and if you want to hide the comments that speak truth to you...."
Who

Manteca, CA

#1843 Feb 22, 2013
To which the pastor responds...
"...Alex and Julie Anne are two peas in a pod. Alex takes Julie Anne’s slander and passes it on to the world as absolute truth as if he were omniscient. Julie Anne takes Alex’s accusations and passes them on to the world as absolute truth as if she were omniscient, calling the world to join her in her rage. Alex can’t possibly know if Julie Anne’s accusations are horrible truth or a monstrous lie meant to destroy lives and the ministry of the Gospel (actually he could look at the real documented evidence that abounds on this website). Julie Anne can’t possibly know if Alex’s accusations are horrible truth or monstrous lies meant to destroy his parent’s lives and their Gospel ministry. However, it is possible to know that these people are carnal and foul through their foul speech, foul morality, foul theology, and their foul friends. Julie Anne and her friends actively seek to destroy lives based upon hearsay and gossip.
Don’t miss the juvenile threat in Alex’s closing comment. Obscene name calling followed by a threat reminds me of junior high. In the same paragraph Alex says I should leave his friend Julie Anne alone. What Alex means is that I shouldn’t expose Julie Anne and her lies, and that I should allow her “abuse” slander to continue to reap havoc unchecked by the truth. He seems to have missed that it is Julie Anne, Meaghan Varela, and their pals that are assaulting the ministry of BGBC, the families of BGBC, and my own family with ministry destroying and life destroying lies. I don’t “bully” women, nor do I lay down and allow brazen, vicious, Jezebel women and their male Korah counterparts to destroy lives and the ministry of the Gospel with their vile lies. It is our hope and prayer that exposing Julie Anne and the whole “abuse” slander blogging movement for what it is, will save many churches, pastors, and families from their evil assaults..."
Who

Manteca, CA

#1844 Feb 22, 2013
The pastor continues...
"...This is clearly profane fun and games for you Alex. For me it is protecting the Lord’s flock, His Gospel, and my family from you and your slander-blogging friends (Titus 1:9-16). Based upon your comments here and your previous profane comment, it is clear that you are the most spiritual, mentally sound, emotionally balanced, intelligent, tough guy in the room. I won’t argue any of those points.
-
However, I will argue that standing by the principal of “INNOCENT until proven guilty” is NOT evidence of me “cracking up” or “pride” or “serving Kool-Aid” or “desiring to move to a remote South American country.” Innocent until proven guilty is the most basic principle of our judicial system. Your response to this truth shows how extremely unreasonable you are.
I’m not going to spend much time interacting with an unreasonable man who keep really bad company. Your active partnership with cyberbully/slander-bloggers, your flippant demeanor, your profane language, and your willingness to slander those whom you know nothing about strongly suggests that you have completely fabricated your accusations against your parents.
Can I rule out the possibility that you might be telling the truth? I cannot. I have prayed many times for the Lord to grant justice. However, based upon my conviction of “INNOCENT until proven guilty,” and based upon my long held conviction of “Semper Fidelis,” I stand by men of evident character unless there is compelling proof (not internet hearsay) to the contrary.
Can a Marine or Police Officer be corrupt or blow it in a particular instance? Yes, but I am not going to assume there is corruption or that they blew it in some instance based upon hearsay. And I am certainly not going to tell the world how evil the Marine and Police Officer are in explicit details that I cannot possibly verify.
I don’t know what your bent is, or if you actually have one. I do know that people often do have an agenda driving their story. I do know that you are running with a crowd of slanderers who (kinda like terrorists, liberal press, or gangbangers) definitely have an agenda, and don’t care if the life-destroying accusations they make to the entire world are true or false as long as it hurts churches and pastors.
Julie Anne can’t possibly know if your accusations are true, and she doesn’t care. All she knows is that you are aiming at the same target she is… churches and pastors. That is good enough for her to tell the world that your father is a child abuser in explicit terms; your mother an accomplice; and Chuck Smith a heartless, money hungry, Moses tyrant. That is defamation. It is against God’s law and man’s. It destroys lives.
You left a hostile comment on bgbcsurvivors.org weeks ago. I had no idea who you were and left it alone. You actively joined Julie Anne’s slander campaign against me, my family, and BGBC simply because Julie Anne is your partner in slander. That doesn’t speak well of your character or your testimony of being a victim of abuse. It seems that you, Julie Anne, and your cyberbully friends are drinking your own Kool-Aid of malice, lies, and slander.
Who

Manteca, CA

#1845 Feb 22, 2013
Go get him, Pastor Chuck O'Neil of bgbcsurvivors.org !
I know you won't say it, so I will!
Alex likes to lick and fondle Julie Anne's salty chocolate balls.
Facts

Visalia, CA

#1846 Feb 22, 2013
Who and chuck sittin in a tree k i s s i n g.
First comes love
Then comes marriage
Then Who gets a straight jacket and a nice padded room with his buddy chuck.

You choose your friends like an idiot Who. If he saw what you posted he'd call you the same as Alex. Your profanity is 10 worse.

#whogo-f-yourself
My goodness

Visalia, CA

#1847 Feb 23, 2013
Alex is crazy and getting crazier by the day
Who

Manteca, CA

#1848 Feb 23, 2013
My goodness wrote:
Alex is crazy and getting crazier by the day
His lies grow and grow like Pinnochio's nose.
Who

Visalia, CA

#1850 Feb 23, 2013
Facts wrote:
Who and chuck sittin in a tree k i s s i n g.
First comes love
Then comes marriage
Then Who gets a straight jacket and a nice padded room with his buddy chuck.
You choose your friends like an idiot Who. If he saw what you posted he'd call you the same as Alex. Your profanity is 10 worse.
#whogo-f-yourself
Good points!
My name is still Who.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lemon Cove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Body found off Highway 99 identified (Sep '08) Apr 14 jennyholley 61
News Accused Child Molester "Pastor" Bob Grenier of ... (Feb '12) Apr 13 Who 803
I will do anything for cash Apr 9 Reality check 4
Review: Golden Karat Jewelry Store Apr 9 Rheanne 1
Poll Tulare County Sheriff's Department Above The Law ? Apr 6 Media 6
Nortenos & Oriental Troops are warned (Mar '08) Apr 6 who 33
Jack lydell demp sr. Apr 6 Former Employee 9
More from around the web

Lemon Cove People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]