Woman found burned to death in her car

Woman found burned to death in her car

There are 34 comments on the Myrtle Beach Online story from Jul 31, 2008, titled Woman found burned to death in her car. In it, Myrtle Beach Online reports that:

A reward is being offered for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible for the death of a 49-year-old woman whose car was set on fire while she was in it.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Myrtle Beach Online.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jul 08

AOL

#21 Jul 31, 2008
SouthernMan wrote:
We don't look like a third world country, we ARE a third world country! Why else would illegal immigrants flock to the good ole U.S.A?
Because we are the only country stupid enough to give them social security benefits, Medicaire, free college educations...the list goes on and on. Our own kids can't get aid...sad, sad, sad
I have heard

Myrtle Beach, SC

#22 Jul 31, 2008
Another one of chestnuts, Myrtle Beach high school boys.
ELECT NEW LEADERS

Myrtle Beach, SC

#23 Jul 31, 2008
MB Rose wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of this story led you to believe it was MB? It happened in Brunswick County. Leland, NC. Didn't even happen in SC. There is crime everywhere. 80% of MB is safe. You just have to KNOW where the other 20% is and DON'T GO THERE. I was born and raised in MB and own/operate my own company here. I feel safer in Myrtle Beach than I would in most other cities in the US. Granted, the Sun News is not the best at reporting and yes crime seems bad but it also seems to be in isolated areas that I recognize immediately as "places not to visit". There are bad people, low-life's and idiots everywhere you go. Can't just single out MB!
I think that you may suffer from what an alcoholic would call denial. My sympathy for your future loses and I was very sad to hear about Myrtle Beaches, bad reputation for being, red nex, bigots, and just plain haters. Equal opportunity haters, but none the less haters. It is like some kind of plague.
Larry

Aberdeen, NC

#24 Jul 31, 2008
When this person is caught:

If they can't swim, take them three miles out into the ocean and release them.

If they can't fly, take them up three miles and release them.

If they can fly and swim....Put them in a car and burn it.

I think this is a horrific crime to set a car on fire with the person alive.

What should the punishment be?
muddyroad

Florence, SC

#25 Jul 31, 2008
MB Rose wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of this story led you to believe it was MB? It happened in Brunswick County. Leland, NC. Didn't even happen in SC. There is crime everywhere. 80% of MB is safe. You just have to KNOW where the other 20% is and DON'T GO THERE. I was born and raised in MB and own/operate my own company here. I feel safer in Myrtle Beach than I would in most other cities in the US. Granted, the Sun News is not the best at reporting and yes crime seems bad but it also seems to be in isolated areas that I recognize immediately as "places not to visit". There are bad people, low-life's and idiots everywhere you go. Can't just single out MB!

Good abservation. The Police Dept. needs to know where these locations are and open a police station right in the middle of it.
Trvman

Pawleys Island, SC

#26 Jul 31, 2008
Will have to wait and find out more. Had she been killed before the car was set on fire? How did she die? It is all too soon to know the answers to those questions.

They will come in time. It might be drug/gang related or it might turn out to be a domestic dispute or something else. Don't jump to conclusions people.
tired of da bitchin

Longs, SC

#27 Jul 31, 2008
my gawd all you Haters ,
if you don't like our beaches then get the hell out and go home. if your a local and doing the bitchin then do us all a favor and move !!!
south carolina

Hartsville, SC

#28 Jul 31, 2008
thinking out loud wrote:
crime is everywhere, not just Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, if you read the national news you will see we are living in desparate times and if the economy, jobs and education problems don't get straightened out, it's only going to get worst. Each day we are looking more and more like a third world country.
maybe you should send this to congress.
oh! i am sure you have never been in a third world country. otherwise you wouldn't made this comment
disgusted

Georgetown, SC

#29 Aug 1, 2008
I think all of you should be ashamed of yourselves.I've not heard one of you tell the family of this poor woman your so sorry for there loss,by the way i'll say it for you.This is a sad thing no matter how it happened.

Since: Jul 08

myrtle beach

#30 Aug 1, 2008
Larry wrote:
When this person is caught:
If they can't swim, take them three miles out into the ocean and release them.
If they can't fly, take them up three miles and release them.
If they can fly and swim....Put them in a car and burn it.
I think this is a horrific crime to set a car on fire with the person alive.
What should the punishment be?
you just said it. I believe in an eye for an eye. Burn them in a car. Have her family watching.

Since: Jul 08

myrtle beach

#31 Aug 1, 2008
disgusted wrote:
I think all of you should be ashamed of yourselves.I've not heard one of you tell the family of this poor woman your so sorry for there loss,by the way i'll say it for you.This is a sad thing no matter how it happened.
That goes without saying. Why do you think we are so upset. This is a horrible thing to do to a person.. People want justice for this woman.
skippy31

Laurinburg, NC

#32 Aug 1, 2008
I hope the Sun News follows up on this story! If the Sun News is true to course this will be the only thing we hear about it.
SouthernMan

Lexington, NC

#33 Aug 2, 2008
Shamroq57 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because we are the only country stupid enough to give them social security benefits, Medicaire, free college educations...the list goes on and on. Our own kids can't get aid...sad, sad, sad
I hope that "we" doesn't include me. Govco gives them the social support! Thats what makes us the greatest socialist paradise in the world! Your are correct, however, as a nation, it is entirely to attractive to immigrate here.
Matt

United States

#34 Aug 3, 2008
disgusted wrote:
I think all of you should be ashamed of yourselves.I've not heard one of you tell the family of this poor woman your so sorry for there loss,by the way i'll say it for you.This is a sad thing no matter how it happened.
I said RIP

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Audiolab's Richard Schmetterer is a nasty old man Jun 9 Hesin269 1
News How to Accessorize a Room (Sep '15) May '16 Victoria 7
Looking for Robert Ellis May '16 Sundrop 3
Jenelle Evans and David Eason May '16 Anonymous 1
News Bail bondsman charged with selling steroids (Oct '10) May '16 Kate Jessup 60
News Next phase of Leland's diverging diamond projec... Apr '16 mdc 1
Lincoln Place Circle Townhomes, Not Peaceful (Nov '14) Sep '15 Sandra Theriaque 2

Leland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Leland Mortgages