ATV driver charged with felony in gir...

ATV driver charged with felony in girlfriend's death

There are 15 comments on the StarNewsOnline.com story from Jul 19, 2009, titled ATV driver charged with felony in girlfriend's death. In it, StarNewsOnline.com reports that:

Published: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 at 8:00 p.m. Last Modified: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 at 8:00 p.m. A man faces a felony charge in connection with an ATV accident this weekend that killed the woman he was traveling with.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at StarNewsOnline.com.

Stonewall

Mooresville, NC

#1 Jul 22, 2009
This is a reall sad case. The woman killed has 3 children ages 2 - 9 AND it is my understanding the driver was ON PROBATION for his 4th DWI! He had also violated his probation for the previous DWI with getting another DWI and was awaiting trial on that! I thought probation violators couldn't get out on bond to await trial? He should have been in jail already!

At what point will North Carolina take this guy off the streets and lock him up? He's now been charged with Aggravated Felony Death by Vehicle and ANOTHER DWI (I think this makes 5 in less than 2 years) and he still isn't in jail! What's the deal here?
Vern

Greer, SC

#2 Jul 22, 2009
Hopefully now that someone has died and 3 children are left without a mother something will be done. It is sad to know that it takes someone dying before the state will step in and do something with people that re offend. I would hate for my family to be on any roads that he is traveling on. It would be like playing Russian roulette.
Stonewall

Mooresville, NC

#3 Jul 22, 2009
Vern wrote:
Hopefully now that someone has died and 3 children are left without a mother something will be done. It is sad to know that it takes someone dying before the state will step in and do something with people that re offend. I would hate for my family to be on any roads that he is traveling on. It would be like playing Russian roulette.
Why do we cater to these habitual offenders? A person with that many DWIs is not likely to stop drinking. Why even give them probation after the first couple DWI's? It seems the story ends this way much too often. Someone has to die before the state does anything. My heart goes out to those 3 little girls...
Allen

Martinsville, VA

#4 Jul 27, 2009
How can someone who obviously has no regard for the lives of his children or anybody else for that matter have been out of jail awaiting trial. I hope he feels the torment every day for the rest of his life for taking his kid's mother away from them.
JeepChick

Mooresville, NC

#5 Sep 9, 2009
This sort of thing is so shocking and sad. I can't believe this guy is still on the streets! And those poor kids! I would hope that DSS or some authority would be dropping by unannounced to check on those kids.
Stonewall

Wilmington, NC

#6 Sep 9, 2009
JeepChick wrote:
This sort of thing is so shocking and sad. I can't believe this guy is still on the streets! And those poor kids! I would hope that DSS or some authority would be dropping by unannounced to check on those kids.
Amen Sista. "Unannounced" being the key word. The family has asked DSS if he is being drug tested randomly and their response was they cannot tell the family since that would violate his privacy rights. The family didn't ask what the results were, just if he was being drug tested! We wouldn't want to violate the guy's privacy now would we? Those poor children don't have a chance!
connor 64

AOL

#7 Sep 11, 2009
There are to many people like him out on the streets. The troopers round them up and charge them. The court system sets them free. Then they kill a person and it is on the news asking why was this person still out driving drunk. It's to late then. People have had a loved one killed.
They should be jailed long term after the second DUI. sad case.

Since: Sep 09

AOL

#8 Sep 13, 2009
Any updates on this sad case?
James Brown

Dahlonega, GA

#9 Sep 13, 2009
You asked if there were any updates? Well, Lori, a mother of 3 children between the ages of 2 - 9 is still dead, the children are being raised by persons unknown to Lori's family, and North Carolina's "tough on drunk drivers" campaign is a joek.
bob

Jacksonville, FL

#10 Sep 13, 2009
And the state of Florida is worse....You can get as many Dui.s as you want..No problem.....But there is one person in Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgaw that it is just a matter of time before she kills someone behind the wheel...Hell she even joke about it...Even got a nickname that is one of her alias in law enforcement....And to top it off she loves mixing pills....Just i pity the man trys to date her...What drama...Oh..Its not that bad....Last time i checked she is married to a convicted felon(arm robbery)..With 8 dui.s on his belt...This is a match made in Heaven....These 2 deserve each other.....

AOL

#11 Sep 13, 2009
Quote from Bob --"With 8 dui.s on his belt...This is a match made in Heaven....These 2 deserve each other..... "
I would correctly label them a match made in hell! Wouldn't you? She brags that she will one day kill an innocent family while driving drunk? Is that really a joke to her?
Lock these drunken murderers and potential murderers up. The courts should show them no mercy just as they show none to their victims.
bob

Jacksonville, FL

#12 Sep 14, 2009
connor 64 wrote:
Quote from Bob --"With 8 dui.s on his belt...This is a match made in Heaven....These 2 deserve each other..... "
I would correctly label them a match made in hell! Wouldn't you? She brags that she will one day kill an innocent family while driving drunk? Is that really a joke to her?
Lock these drunken murderers and potential murderers up. The courts should show them no mercy just as they show none to their victims.
...Thank you...So true..Only good comes out of heaven....Usually(SP)losers/wh ite trash hangs out with white trash....

AOL

#13 Sep 18, 2009
I wouldn't call them white trash!
drunks, addicts, murderers maybe. Can be any race though.
Point is drunks who kill people should get the same sentence as a person who shoots and kills a person. Murder is murder.

AOL

#14 Sep 26, 2009
Yes, that is true.

AOL

#15 Jan 6, 2010
I see in the news now that this man is charged with second degree murder of the young mother of three.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Beach town officials consider biker invitation (Mar '11) Nov 14 The Roller 11
Wilmington sucks (Apr '12) Nov 14 Well 7
Review: Village At Motts Landing (Jun '13) Nov 12 Lisa 3
News 'The Kissing Case' And The Lives It Shattered (May '11) Oct 29 Popohater1 8
2 for the party Oct '17 thisguyheres4u 1
ECU Brunswick Clinic Dental School Oct '17 The Truth 1
Anyone seen my friend Roxanne? (Oct '12) Oct '17 Det mark warren 9

Leland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Leland Mortgages