Lincoln Place Circle Townhomes, Not P...

Lincoln Place Circle Townhomes, Not Peaceful

Posted in the Leland Forum

mmcdonld

Leland, NC

#1 Nov 4, 2014
I bought a home over a year ago with my spouse and sincerely wish we never moved here. The place is beautiful at first, the neighbors are very nice, however, over 50% are rentals and not homeowners so there is a great deal of turnover in the neighbor department.

Unfortunately, one neighbor who is a renter, although her sister owns it makes life hell for people who are renters, and for anyone else she seems not to like. There have been complaints made to the property developers, to the police, to her sister and yet she can at any moment come out of her house screaming obscenities at whoever she has zeroed in to attack at that moment.

This is a sixty year old women who seems to like no one and for the most part has nothing good to say about anyone. She has promised to harass all renters and even has a "no trespassing" sign on her front door with the house number 136 on it, and that particular women has never stepped foot on her porch and truly wants nothing to do with her (at one time there were 4 house numbers on it.

We also have a neighborhood drunk that comes home in a police car once in a while.

For safety concerns, there is very good lighting in the front of the complex, but as you make a right to the back part you will find that it is pitch black at the back of the complex and also behind the homes where the patio doors are. This was addressed at the HOA meeting and we were told that there would not be additional lighting. I can only assume this has to do with the fact that they were going to sell the property anyway. Most people have had to invest in a security system and many are considering getting cameras put up for surveillance due to vandalism of their front porches. It is just another unexpected expense.

The walls are painted only to code, which says that the sheet rock only needs to be covered. Trust me, they barely brush the paint on. Marks will show up on the walls just from moving in.

Electrical problems need to be addressed because the lighting in the units dims when the air conditioner comes on, which it should not do and some people have complained of problems when using numerous appliances in their kitchen at once (stove, oven, microwave and refrigerator).

When we bought our homes we were told (and it was advertised) that there would be a playground and a walking trail. As of the last HOA meeting we were told that we would not have those amenities and the advertisement for these homes deleted the playground and walking trail on their website.

The peaks on many of the homes are already losing their thin layer of paint and the (metal?) is showing through. Look at all the peaks and sides of the homes, especially after the first home on the right as you drive in. Look at the outside wall on the far end of the building which is in need of repair. I do not feel these people really cared about the homes they built and now that complaints are being made, they just want to dump the property on someone else.

This is just my observation and opinion, please feel free to call the police department and ask about complaints made in this complex and also speak with neighbors, at least three or four before you move in to get a better feel for the neighborhood.
I don't know how long I intend to continue living here but my goal is to warn others about the situation here and not make the same mistake I did.
Marie MacDonald
Sandra Theriaque

New Milford, NJ

#2 Sep 21, 2015
Well that adds something to think about , we are looking at Leland for retirement next year, so the remark about Renters verse Owner's is a big one. thank you
Sandy T
Owner

Leland, NC

#3 Nov 16, 2016
It is peaceful.. One person is the problem
Leland Resident

Rocky Point, NC

#4 Apr 3, 2018
The "peaks" where the metal is coming off is called the fascia. It sometimes occurs and is a manufacturing defect where the paint didn't bond to the aluminum properly. Replacing usually looks better than painting and would be the responsibility of whoever maintains the exterior of the townhome, probably the HOA. The HOA may need to raise monthly dues to be able to fund the necessary work. The HOA is what can change things. Maybe don't blame others for everything and don't be and victim. Work.on your problems and make your neighborhood and better place. Make cookies and be a friend to the crazy lady. Just sayin. Theres a lot of good places in Leland, and Lincoln Place could be a lot worse. Best of luck with everything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pet sitter Dec 9 Amyd5884 1
jason mullis (Jun '13) Nov '18 Anja 11
Anthony E. Bramble (Dec '09) Oct '18 Baby Sister 13
News When Hurricane Florence took down electricity a... Sep '18 Solarman 1
News New Charlie Graingera s location in Leland now ... (Mar '18) Mar '18 NoMoFat 2
getting rid of mexicans (Jul '14) Feb '18 American 3
Daca (Jan '18) Jan '18 Yellow 1

Leland Jobs

Personal Finance

Leland Mortgages