Billy Lashley (Lasley?)
reply to hater

Leitchfield, KY

#61 Jun 19, 2009
bam bam wrote:
It seems like everyone is out to get annie, well annie I too, like you, have known Bro. Billy for years. and he has been nothing but good to me. you can't believe everything you hear. and so what if he is going out with Nancy Butler. at least he got rid of the Rita's. He doesn't have to hold his head down anymore. and he seems to be alot happier.
First of all, did he get rid of the Ritas or did they get rid of him? Let's get this straight people. Annie swore that his wife Rita left him for another man so apparently he didn't get rid of her. Second of all, do you think they might be alot happier also without him?
reply to blahh

Leitchfield, KY

#62 Jun 19, 2009
blahh wrote:
yeah and how could he do that to his bestfriend that just died? he JUST died. his new girlfriend nancy told someone that she was happier now than she has ever been in her life.that is now something to say when your husband just died!!!!
You know, I would really hate to make that comment because I would think that was a slap in the face to her grown daughter who loved her Dad very very much. I don't see how her daughter can stomach that. I also don't see how her daughter can stomach the fact that her father died in January and her mom and Billy hooked up in April. I feel very bad for this girl because I know that she was very close to her Daddy. This will be an extremely difficult Father's Day for her without him. Also, Billy will never accept Nancy's daughter because he is jealous and that will create heartache for this girl in the future.
bystander listening

Leitchfield, KY

#63 Jun 19, 2009
People on this site keep talking about Billy the preacher having his head down. From what's been on here, maybe he keeps his head down because of shame. Seems like he isn't living the life most preachers try to live. He gets a divorce, which may or may not have been wanted, he immediately hooks up with someone else and gets engaged, he then immediately hooks up with a woman in his church whose husband just died and was one of his good friends. Not proper behavior for a preacher. He sounds like a playboy in the pulpit.
HUMMMMMMM

Greensburg, KY

#64 Jun 20, 2009
reply to hater wrote:
<quoted text>
He told everyone that there is a 25 year old in his church wanting him and that she called him all the time. He told this in public places in Grayson County and I won't name the name of the girl because I don't think she would appreciate it since I know that she is a very good girl and extremely bashful and I can't see her ever calling any man. This girl would quit that church if she knew he told this to everyone who would listen. He even added the commment "and she has never even been with a man before". Now why would that thought ever even cross someone's mind? He has an ego as big as Texas. If he had all these women wanting him, he wouldn't be with the one he is with now. Good lord, the man is short, half bald, gap toothed and really just not very attractive.
why dont you gossip about your self and quit meddeling in others sounds like you dont have much of a life if all you do is gossip.
HUMMMMMMM

Greensburg, KY

#65 Jun 20, 2009
bystander listening wrote:
People on this site keep talking about Billy the preacher having his head down. From what's been on here, maybe he keeps his head down because of shame. Seems like he isn't living the life most preachers try to live. He gets a divorce, which may or may not have been wanted, he immediately hooks up with someone else and gets engaged, he then immediately hooks up with a woman in his church whose husband just died and was one of his good friends. Not proper behavior for a preacher. He sounds like a playboy in the pulpit.
gossip is nothing more than being jealous because your not a happy person you want to gossip about others
HUMMMMMMM

Greensburg, KY

#66 Jun 20, 2009
bystander listening wrote:
People on this site keep talking about Billy the preacher having his head down. From what's been on here, maybe he keeps his head down because of shame. Seems like he isn't living the life most preachers try to live. He gets a divorce, which may or may not have been wanted, he immediately hooks up with someone else and gets engaged, he then immediately hooks up with a woman in his church whose husband just died and was one of his good friends. Not proper behavior for a preacher. He sounds like a playboy in the pulpit.
most prechers say do what i say dont do what i do
thank about that saying
babytrix88

Greensburg, KY

#67 Jun 20, 2009
I don't see anything wrong with a man / preacher dating a widow ...if this is true . You can date and still live a Christian lifestyle . don't know the situation but it sounds like the man has had a hard time and doesn,t deserve to be judged by us "topix" people .He....and we will have to answer for our selves and our own actions in due time .I would hate to answer for slander of a man who has been trying to preach God's word.
karen

Greenbrier, AR

#68 Jun 22, 2009
first of all who is annie,ive known bro billy most of my life to.i dont agree with all that billy has done,as a christian man i dont believe he should be bouncing around from woman to woman like he has been doing,but hey thats my opinion,im sure rita wasnt perfect either.know one knows but them what happened in their marriage and its really none of any one elses business. but most people that dont have a life just sit around and hate on everyone elses misfortunes.grow up........
this is mom

Centerville, TX

#69 Jun 23, 2009
I've heard Bro. Billy preach numerous times and he is excellent at bringing the word and seems to bevery genuine and spirit filled to me.
I do know he's had a really rough couple of years.Battling cancer,going through a painful divorce that he did'nt want and still through all the trauma gave God praise and trusted in His guidance.When you can give praise in the bad times I believe it comes from the heart.
As far as his dating goes I know nothing about it.I do know Nancy is a fine woman and if it's true.....Well, I think after the pain in their lives they deserve to be blessed with happiness.
It seems people are always waiting for a man of God to "mess up"and dwell on rumours and speculation.I think he deserves prayers and support regardless of the situation.I would'nt want to have to answer to God for slandering one of His messengers.God knows Billy's heart whether it be right or wrong and God is the only One Billy will have to answer to.
But seriously folks if his heart wasn't in it,I think he would have given up and lost a lot of faith after everything bad happened to him.From what I've seen he still has the same zeal for God that he always had.
rosie

Greenbrier, AR

#70 Jun 23, 2009
I HAVE KNOWN BILLY AND RITA FOR A LONG TINE,AND I HATED WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM.BUT THERE ARE TWO SIDES TO EVERY STORY.I DONT THINK THAT RITA JUST GOT UP ONE MORNING AND SAID IM GOING TO LEAVE MY HUSBAND TODAY .I THING THIS WAS SOMETHING THAT HAD BEEN BUILDING UP FOR A LONG TIME.IM SURE SHE WAS NOT PERFECT AND NEITHER IS HE,NONE OF US IS PERFECT.WE ALL HAVE ARE PROBLEMS I THINK THAT BILLY HAS ALOT OF ISSUES TO WORK THROUGH,AND I THINK THAT HE IS TRYING TO DO THAT.HE IS A GOOD MAN HE HAS JUST HAD SOME ISSUES HE NEEDS TO WORK ON. I THINK THEY BOTH DESERVE TO BE HAPPY IF NOT WITH EACH OTHER THEN WITH SOME ONE ELSE.YOU MIGHT SAY THAT A PREACHER SHOULD NOT ACT LIKE THAT WELL THEY ARE HUMAN TO AND THEY ARE NOT ABOVE MAKING MISTAKES.IT IS ALL BETWEEN THEM AND GOD.THEY HAVE TO ANSWER FOR WHAT THEY DO JUST LKIE THE REST OF US DO. SO MAYBE WE SHOULD WORRY LESS ABOUT THEM AND TRY TO DO THE BEST AT TAKING CARE OF OUR OWN LIVES.......
this is mom

Centerville, TX

#71 Jun 23, 2009
Amen and amen!
a thought

Leitchfield, KY

#72 Jun 24, 2009
rosie wrote:
I HAVE KNOWN BILLY AND RITA FOR A LONG TINE,AND I HATED WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM.BUT THERE ARE TWO SIDES TO EVERY STORY.I DONT THINK THAT RITA JUST GOT UP ONE MORNING AND SAID IM GOING TO LEAVE MY HUSBAND TODAY .I THING THIS WAS SOMETHING THAT HAD BEEN BUILDING UP FOR A LONG TIME.IM SURE SHE WAS NOT PERFECT AND NEITHER IS HE,NONE OF US IS PERFECT.WE ALL HAVE ARE PROBLEMS I THINK THAT BILLY HAS ALOT OF ISSUES TO WORK THROUGH,AND I THINK THAT HE IS TRYING TO DO THAT.HE IS A GOOD MAN HE HAS JUST HAD SOME ISSUES HE NEEDS TO WORK ON. I THINK THEY BOTH DESERVE TO BE HAPPY IF NOT WITH EACH OTHER THEN WITH SOME ONE ELSE.YOU MIGHT SAY THAT A PREACHER SHOULD NOT ACT LIKE THAT WELL THEY ARE HUMAN TO AND THEY ARE NOT ABOVE MAKING MISTAKES.IT IS ALL BETWEEN THEM AND GOD.THEY HAVE TO ANSWER FOR WHAT THEY DO JUST LKIE THE REST OF US DO. SO MAYBE WE SHOULD WORRY LESS ABOUT THEM AND TRY TO DO THE BEST AT TAKING CARE OF OUR OWN LIVES.......
Billy does have alot of issues. What he really needs to do is take some time off from dating anyone and work on his issues before he even thinks about dating or a relationship with anyone. He left his marriage and went straight into a serious relationship that he wasn't emotionally ready for and he deeply hurt that person. Then with no pause whatsoever, he went straight from that one into another one with Nancy Butler. When he gets with a person, he is with them constantly, every minute that he can be. This is called loneliness. To be honest, I don't think he has ever gotten over the breakup of his marriage and until he resolves all of that, he is just carrying his emotional baggage from person to person and that's not fair to them. Nancy is also rebounding. When you lose a spouse that you were with for many years, you need some time alone to heal before you even think about another relationship. These are two people who are lonely and reaching out to someone to fill the void in their lives. You have to fill the void in your own life, you and God, no one else can do that for you and until you realize that, you will continue to fail in your relationships. Sometimes, you just need some quiet, alone time to figure things out. Billy has never had that because he can't stand to be alone. Because of this, he keeps jumping from person to person and he is hurting alot of people in his path. I don't think he even realizes what he is doing to himself and other people. Until he comes to terms and makes peace with his past and himself, he will never have a successful relationship in the future. You can't just leave a marriage of 31 years with kids and grandkids and go straight into relationships with other people with no break in between. When you do, that is called "rebounding" and that is not good for any of the parties involved. I happen to know that Billy has really hurt some people, he just needs to stop, be still, and get his mind clear. Up until now, he has never done this. He's a trainwreck that just keeps on rolling.
this is mom

Centerville, TX

#73 Jun 24, 2009
I'll be praying for him!
a thought

Leitchfield, KY

#74 Jun 24, 2009
this is mom wrote:
I'll be praying for him!
That's the best thing for him is prayer. God can fill a void in your life that no one else can ever fill.
this is mom

Centerville, TX

#75 Jun 24, 2009
That is so true!!! Regardless of the situations or mistakes people go through they need to be lifted up instead of persecuted.
I think the whole world is bad about being ready to jump and take notice of the mistakes others make.Whatever happened or will happen, none of us really know the circumstances except for the parties involved.
I ask that everyone on this forum pray for peace,strength
and blessings for everyone involved in this situation.Repeating rumours or slandering people only adds more heartache.
a thought

Leitchfield, KY

#76 Jun 24, 2009
this is mom wrote:
That is so true!!! Regardless of the situations or mistakes people go through they need to be lifted up instead of persecuted.
I think the whole world is bad about being ready to jump and take notice of the mistakes others make.Whatever happened or will happen, none of us really know the circumstances except for the parties involved.
I ask that everyone on this forum pray for peace,strength
and blessings for everyone involved in this situation.Repeating rumours or slandering people only adds more heartache.
You are right. No one on here really knows the circumstances except the parties involved. I have a saying about this "It is a small matter to be judged by man". God is the ONLY judge.
rosie

Campbellsville, KY

#77 Jun 24, 2009
YOU ARE RIGHT GOD IS THE ONLY JUDGE AND HE IS THE ONLY ONE WE SHOULD BE WORRIED ABOUT, BECAUSE NO MATTER WHAT WE DO THERE IS GOING TO BE SOMEONE WHO IS NOT GOING TO AGREE WITH WHAT WE DO.I DO PRAY FOR ALL THE PEOPLE INVOLVED,AND HOPE THAT IT ALL WORKS OUT FOR THEM.THAT THEY DO FIND PEACE.AND CAN GET OVER THE HURT.
heard it myself

Leitchfield, KY

#78 Jun 25, 2009
I only have one thing to say and it's not rumor or speculation. I heard this man Billy have a fit out in a driveway one day at another person. He screamed and acted terrible. If you want to be seen as a christian, be careful what you say or what you do because you never know who may be hearing you or watching you. He has a horrible temper, I saw that and heard it myself.
reply back

Utica, KY

#79 Jun 27, 2009
ok, heard it myself, is he the first that has ever showed a temper? He is a good man even if he has a temper. make alot of people mad and you will see temper. maybe whoever it was done something they shouldn't have and they needed to see his temper....
babytrix88

Lexington, KY

#80 Jun 27, 2009
heard it myself wrote:
I only have one thing to say and it's not rumor or speculation. I heard this man Billy have a fit out in a driveway one day at another person. He screamed and acted terrible. If you want to be seen as a christian, be careful what you say or what you do because you never know who may be hearing you or watching you. He has a horrible temper, I saw that and heard it myself.
Just curious...do YOU have any faults at all or are you a perfect person with no faults whatsoever? It's easier for people to see faults in others..but difficult to look in the mirror and see them.I,for one,am far from perfect,so I feel it would be wrong of me to call out anyone elses'faults.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leitchfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
C sections at Twin Lakes 1 hr just saying 6
News The latest teacher charged is also the brother ... 1 hr Elworth 3
Kelly Rich 2 hr Worthless 27
rats in grayson co forsure (May '10) 2 hr Stay away 178
TL pain clinic 2 hr Horrible 3
Car Impound 2 hr Car 5
County Attorney (Mar '14) 2 hr Shortened 9

Leitchfield Jobs

Personal Finance

Leitchfield Mortgages