Bullying at Gratson County High School

Posted in the Leitchfield Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Concerned parent

Elizabethtown, KY

#1 Oct 23, 2013
Is there a bullying problem at the high school?
Concerned parent

Elizabethtown, KY

#2 Oct 23, 2013
Sorry I meant Grayson County high school
Friend

Cecilia, KY

#3 Oct 23, 2013
Yes it starts, at the middle school and gets worse in high school
Really

Elizabethtown, KY

#4 Oct 23, 2013
There's smart people in every school.
yes

United States

#5 Oct 23, 2013
It does start in middle and gets worse in high. I have been out for quite a few years now, but I remember seeing several instances of bullying. Teachers in the high school have their favorites too. I was never picked on but I still hated GCHS. There were a few good teachers and students, but mostly drama and BS.
Concerned parent

Elizabethtown, KY

#6 Oct 23, 2013
Wonder if it would help if the students ( the bully) were called out in front of all their class ? I just can not stand to see kids bullied, as an adult I think we realize they do it because they are not happy with their own life but to a kid it doesn't seem that way. So so sad..
Michael

Murray, KY

#7 Oct 23, 2013
I think most of the bullying that occurs in GC schools is due to careless teachers and bad parents. Most of the kids I knew in GCHS were bullies, nice kids are a minority.
chris

Elizabethtown, KY

#8 Oct 24, 2013
Ive been out of school for some time now, but back when I was in the school system here I was bullied pretty harshly and nothing was ever done. Matter of fact a few teachers even encouraged my bullies. One time in particularly I was in class minding my own business while a kid just kept picking on me. I was a small kid.. had long hair and am gay (I wasn't out in high school though no one knew) and he kept calling me a girl, fag, ect. and the teacher asked him to share what he had to say with everyone in the class.. of course he blurted it out.. while the teacher should have stopped it she actually laughed along with the entire class. I ended up getting detention for walking out of class. Of course I was mortified and my parents ended up talking to the superintendent over it.. with no luck. Not only was I dealing with my own issues, dealing with someone constantly picking on me, kids pushing me, yelling at me, spitting on me.. and just generally harassing me caused me to suffer from depression and just feeling super alone all throughout middle school and high school. Of course I'm good now, and things definitely got better. But I really am concerned with kids now days..especially with the increase in teen suicide due to bullying. I know how it feels to feel completely alone and harassed over things you can not control. It really pisses me off how some parents will just say "Suck it up sissy everyone goes through it" that's not true.. and this is where the cycle begins I believe.

The school system really needs to be more involved in prevention and awareness in our county and all faculty should be made to take classes on how to spot and deal with these issues. Parents need to be more involved with their children having an open door policy and willing to talk to their children whether they're the bully or the bullied and possibly get involved in some sort of counseling. I would also really like to see people in this town rally together and take a stand, showing kids that it's not okay to bully others and that as peers they should stand up for each other rather than be against each other.
aaa

Brownsville, KY

#9 Oct 24, 2013
I've been out of school for years and it was bad when I went. And really you have to learn to take up for yourself if you don't they'll keep doing it to you. Cause like they say the teachers has there picks. So stand up for yourself and it will get better.
Andy

Elizabethtown, KY

#10 Oct 24, 2013
Some of the teachers are bully like, wouldn't you all agree?

I was never personally picked on by students nor did I cause trouble, but I would make it my job to take up for somebody else, even if I didn't know them. Nothing bothers me more than somebody causing problems for somebody, who is literally minding their own business and just being who they are.

It usually starts at home though, kids learn by what's in their environment. I've witnessed adults, who people think is just the sweetest person in the world, but both of her children (4&6yrs) are the most rude children I have ever encountered, and they put down others their age. I just know that behind closed doors that is what their mother is really like.

What can we do about it, except for just deal and help other bare through it? Let them know that for all the bad, there is good to.
True

Brownsville, KY

#11 Oct 24, 2013
My kids get in more trouble taking up for others. And I'm not gonna tell my kids not to even if they don't know them. My son was at the honeyfest and a little boy was being pick on he came over by my son he really didn't know him but knew the other kid. He told him leave him alone and wouldn't my son punch him. And the boy mom was there and seen it. She came to my house and said I would like to thank him for standing up for my son. I know it's not right fighting but people has to stand up . And I've always teach my kids not to start stuff but not to be push. If you let it go on it keeps getting worse. And sometimes standing up to them will end it. When they know that they can't run over you. And I think it's good that other kids stand up for kids when they see it going on
one person

Vine Grove, KY

#12 Oct 24, 2013
No I do not believe it is a problem
Lucy

Campbellsville, KY

#13 Oct 26, 2013
Yes their is bulling in school and the teachers don't help. When a child reports it they ack the parties involved. If the school likes the ones doing the bulling you are guilty.So you fight back then you are the bully and you get punished again. Students are still called skangs and told they will be nothing.
Dean

Leitchfield, KY

#14 Oct 26, 2013
I'm pretty sure your new candidate for Sherrif Norman Chaffin is supposed to be working out there. Tell him your prommblems. I'm sure hell take care of it.
Abel

Elizabethtown, KY

#15 Oct 28, 2013
Norman can't do much until "real" threats are made. For example, "I'll kill you" or " I'll break your neck."
I know much more, but "The Preacher" (and I'm not talking Johnny Paycheck) have kids that do no wrong. Their kids were not alone doing it either. It doesn't matter how much evidence you have to show to the school board, it will never be enough in this town if your the right kind of "folk".
yep

Leitchfield, KY

#16 Oct 28, 2013
Your right we did tell Norman about it and he said "nothing I can do" that is until something really bad does happen. Doesn't that defeat the purpose?
mad mom

Leitchfield, KY

#17 Oct 28, 2013
If Norman is too busy trying to get a new notch in his belt that says "Sheriff" then maybe they should FIRE his a$$. The kids should come first no matter what. Geez what a bunch on nonsense
Rango12

Elizabethtown, KY

#18 Oct 29, 2013
Norman is a good guy. You can talk to him about anything. he does all he can. there's way worse issues in our schools then someone getting there feelings hurt. kids are bringing drugs to school fighting being physically bullied. if your in highschool and cant take care of yourself your pathetic.
You then

Elizabethtown, KY

#19 Oct 29, 2013
mad mom wrote:
If Norman is too busy trying to get a new notch in his belt that says "Sheriff" then maybe they should FIRE his a$$. The kids should come first no matter what. Geez what a bunch on nonsense
how about you getting off your high horse, and fat a$$ and go do the job then. There has to be procedures, and laws abided by before he can do anything. Your fat a$$ wouldn't like it if your child was hauled off because someone said/he said/she said stuff now would you. Go apply for the job http://www.gcnewsgazette.com/news/home_top-ne... so mad about it!! Freeking arm chair police!! It's probably your child doing the bullying because you can not teach proper manners to them due to talking smack on your computer about something you know nothing about.
shame

Vine Grove, KY

#20 Oct 30, 2013
Why is lying so popular?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leitchfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
David Page 27 min Inquiring mind 6
Wendy lacefield 15 hr wendy 6
Bisexual Men in Grayson County 16 hr Lol 4
deputies n constables 23 hr Stupid is 3
westley dotson Fri I know personally 4
Can I still recieve my SSI/Disability Check aft... (Jun '12) Fri Nanungi Ann 182
huge yard sale friday & saturday!! Fri BARGIN HUNTER 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Leitchfield Mortgages