wal-mart milk price match

wal-mart milk price match

Posted in the Leitchfield Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Shopper

Campbellsville, KY

#1 Aug 24, 2012
If anyone price matches milk @Wal-Mart, here is Krogers milk price $2.49 August 20th-August 26th
wow

Elizabethtown, KY

#2 Aug 24, 2012
thanks,for info, i sure will....
Good

Campbellsville, KY

#3 Aug 24, 2012
Hope everyone uses this info. To be updated next week............
Patty

Elizabethtown, KY

#4 Aug 24, 2012
Good wrote:
Hope everyone uses this info. To be updated next week..........
Thanks so much for the info. Every bit saved is a good thing.
Good

Elizabethtown, KY

#5 Aug 25, 2012
Price good till tomorrow.....$2.49 @Kroger
Aldi

Leitchfield, KY

#6 Aug 25, 2012
Good wrote:
Price good till tomorrow.....$2.49 @Kroger
2.19 at Aldi's today
Shopper

Lexington, KY

#7 Aug 25, 2012
Aldi wrote:
<quoted text>2.19 at Aldi's today
Thanks for the info but Wal-Mart won't price match Aldi's milk price....anytime.
Muchy

Elizabethtown, KY

#8 Aug 25, 2012
Shopper wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the info but Wal-Mart won't price match Aldi's milk price....anytime.
Why is that, do you know?
Shopper

Lexington, KY

#9 Aug 25, 2012
The answer I got from the cashier was, Aldi's price was not in a sales ad. I wasn't in the mood to argue.
Muchy

Elizabethtown, KY

#10 Aug 25, 2012
Hmmm, interesting to know, thank you
Shopper

Campbellsville, KY

#11 Aug 27, 2012
Kroger milk price 8/26/12 through 9/1/12
$2.49 gallon (Dean milk @Wal-Mart)
Minky Binky

Elizabethtown, KY

#12 Aug 27, 2012
Shopper wrote:
Kroger milk price 8/26/12 through 9/1/12
$2.49 gallon (Dean milk @Wal-Mart)
That's good to know, thank you.

I had to be in E-Town today and I stopped at Aldi's and their milk is still $2.19 in case anyone has to be be up that way.

I've decided even if Walmart would match Aldi's price, I'm not going there any more either after reading that article on the other Walmart post!
Dangerous

Elizabethtown, KY

#13 Aug 30, 2012
Shopper wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the info but Wal-Mart won't price match Aldi's milk price....anytime.
Sure they will. Try this- say,"OK, then I can't buy any of this". Which is easier, to restock your whole cartload of stuff, or press a few register buttons and make the problem go away?
Ginger

Harvest, AL

#14 Aug 31, 2012
Dangerous wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure they will. Try this- say,"OK, then I can't buy any of this". Which is easier, to restock your whole cartload of stuff, or press a few register buttons and make the problem go away?
We put away cartloads every day won't bother us.
Dangerous

Elizabethtown, KY

#15 Sep 1, 2012
Ginger wrote:
<quoted text>
We put away cartloads every day won't bother us.
That is a good attitude to have, and I agree that one or two more won't matter. But enough people who send cartloads back would almost certainly prompt WM to match Aldi's price.
Stumbo

Elizabethtown, KY

#16 Sep 1, 2012
Dangerous wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a good attitude to have, and I agree that one or two more won't matter. But enough people who send cartloads back would almost certainly prompt WM to match Aldi's price.
An even better attitude would be stop shopping at Walmart

http://tinyurl.com/8beqaw4
Dangerous

Elizabethtown, KY

#17 Sep 1, 2012
Stumbo wrote:
<quoted text>
An even better attitude would be stop shopping at Walmart
http://tinyurl.com/8beqaw4
I don't think WalMart is the root cause of problems for US workers, but I will agree that WalMart does take advantage of the fact that labor is now a global commodity. The thing is that many relatively unskilled people expect too much money for their labor, just because they happen to live in the US. But a sewing machine, stamping press or other production machine works as well overseas as it does here in the US. For that reason, relatively unskilled US workers now have to work for less $$ if they expect to have a job. WalMart or not, that is the way things are going to be for a long tome to come.
Stumbo

Elizabethtown, KY

#18 Sep 1, 2012
Dangerous wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think WalMart is the root cause of problems for US workers, but I will agree that WalMart does take advantage of the fact that labor is now a global commodity. The thing is that many relatively unskilled people expect too much money for their labor, just because they happen to live in the US. But a sewing machine, stamping press or other production machine works as well overseas as it does here in the US. For that reason, relatively unskilled US workers now have to work for less $$ if they expect to have a job. WalMart or not, that is the way things are going to be for a long tome to come.
Yes, you make some very good points. Walmart was a big push in the lobby efforts to open the US market to China and has "milked that cow" ever since, but our open door free market policy has hurt the American worker for years and years before Walmart was a national corp.

Thank you for those points that you list, you make a lot of sense.
Shopper

Campbellsville, KY

#19 Sep 7, 2012
Dangerous wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure they will. Try this- say,"OK, then I can't buy any of this". Which is easier, to restock your whole cartload of stuff, or press a few register buttons and make the problem go away?
I did leave my milk because she wouldn't price match it but she didn't care one bit.
In the know

Trinity, TX

#20 Sep 8, 2012
You blame the cashiers, they are just doing what they are told to do. The same as you are told to do at your jobs, I am sure you have rules that you must follow. If they do not follow the rules that they are given for price matching then they can and will be coached. I was shopping one afternoon and a lady was behind me with a cart of milk. She had just gotten off work at the cheese plant and said her friend told her that Food Giant had it for 1.79 a gallon. The cashier checked the ad knowing that the customer was not telling the truth, the customer left the cart of milk because she was not buying it, if she couldn't have it for 1.79. Had the cashier let her have it for that price she could have been written up. They are just doing their jobs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leitchfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Clerks race 36 min wanna know 1
Center Court 2 hr Tom green 47
TL pain clinic 5 hr john wayne 4
News Sharp named KSP public affairs officer 12 hr Shortened 1
Jose soto 12 hr Shortened 1
Stacy decker is a scum (Jul '15) 12 hr Shortened 20
Aww Tabitha nodler 12 hr Shortened 6

Leitchfield Jobs

Personal Finance

Leitchfield Mortgages