First Prev
of 2
Next Last
getting stalked

United States

#1 Jan 28, 2012
I have a neighbor who rides by my house at least 10 times day and stops and looks in my windows I have to keep my curtains closed so they can not see in my house, they live on the same street that I do and are a bunch of crazies, is there any way I can get help to make them stop, one of them has threatened me can someone give me some advice I even have it on paper where one basically said that they broke in my house when I was out of town so could someone please help me
wrongplace

Clarkson, KY

#2 Jan 28, 2012
You're in the wrong place here asking for help. Sounds more like you need the help of the law.
Voice of Reason

Elizabethtown, KY

#3 Jan 28, 2012
If this is for real, contact the police or sheriff's department.
derp

Elizabethtown, KY

#4 Jan 28, 2012
Buy a dog.
Or maybe

Trinity, TX

#5 Jan 28, 2012
Consider doing the same thing. Drive by their place and take a good look around, take a couple of muscular friends along for the ride and bring your video camera and binoculars too. They will complain, and you tell them you will stop when they do.

Or if they like to look in your windows at night, light your rooms just enough to look like you might not be home. Get hold of the most powerful spotlight you can afford. When nosey neighbor looks in, fire the beam up and take a good look back at them.

If your peeping Tom is actually at the window, added points if you spray about half a can of Mace up his/her nose as well.
getting stalked

United States

#6 Jan 29, 2012
well I have contacted the police and since they havent actually done anything there is nothing that the police can do, they live off of the same street as I do and their home is on a private drive and the only house and this is real, I have 2 dogs and they do not get out of the car to step on my property they will stop right in front of my house and just stare into my window and then one of them will keep calling my phone unknown and if I dont answer they just keep calling and when I do answer they just either breath or same obscene things and I cant prove it is them because they call private, I need some help they are scaring my kids and one of them has emailed me saying she will get my kids taking away all it takes is one phone call although I know cps has no reason to take my children it just gets old when everyday they send me an email. please someone help because I cant get the law to help
Just me

Elizabethtown, KY

#7 Jan 29, 2012
Show he police those emails and tell them what is going on. They are harassing you, I would demand they do something. Tell them you are scared for your life and the life of your children. I would not wait until its too late. I'm scared for you. Please do something about this. And do not do the same thing back to them. They sound insane and there's no telling what they would do if they caught you peeping around their place. Do you know why they are doing this? I would also show the note saying they broke in to the police. Talk to Rick Clemons or Harold Goff. Please
getting stalked

United States

#8 Jan 29, 2012
thank you I will call Rick tomorrow, yes I do but I do not want to but it on here because then they will know who I am do you have a facebook or email and I will tell you all about it they even sent me an email from where I was out of town on how my house looked so that sounds like to me they broke into my house because they would not know what my house looks like any other way
concerned for you

Vine Grove, KY

#9 Jan 29, 2012
This is definately stalking. and when it gets to the point that they are stopping in front of your house and looking in, that is really taking things to far. I have a criminal justice degree and trust me they are crossing the line. my advice to you would be: 1) keep a journal of all the times that they are stopping in front of your home,including what they are driving, who was in the vehicle, and if possible, get the licenses plate number. 2)print out any and all communications they are making to you, including any e-mails, threats they have mad to you. 3)also keep a journal of when the "private calls" come in, what they say, what time they call and how many times they call(although they are private calls, if this ends up going to court, your phone records can be obtained through a court order, and then you will know for sure if it was them or someone else).4) definately go talk to Rick Clemons, if he is not available, talk to Clay Ratley. let them know what is going on. 5)If you do not live on a private road, you can request extra patrol on your road, and maybe they will catch them. 6)And finally, protect yourself. This would include a gun, mace, a baseball bat, or anything that you feel comfortable enough with that you can protect yourself.
I don't have guns in my house, but I do have a baseball bat in several rooms in my home, especially by my front door, and my bed. Also, I do not answer the door after dark if my husband is not home. even when he is home, after dark he answers the door.
The main thing is to protect yourself and your kids. Make it known to the police that you are scared for your and your kids lives. I very concerned for you and your family. Best of luck to you.
getting stalked

United States

#10 Jan 30, 2012
thank you very much and yes I do have a gun in my home and also a metal baseball bat and thank you for the advice last night I turned off my living room light to get ready for bed and it wasnt 10 minutes then they did it again they can see my house from theirs so I guess they thought I was in bed I just wish they would leave me alone
concerned for you

Vine Grove, KY

#11 Jan 30, 2012
Please make sure you keep a journal of everything. this will be your proof of how much they are harrassing you. I know it has to be scary for you and your children, but the more evidence you have on them, the more they will be punished in the end. By all means, stay as safe as possible. Don't hesitate to call the police.
Just sayin

Leitchfield, KY

#12 Jan 30, 2012
getting stalked wrote:
well I have contacted the police and since they havent actually done anything there is nothing that the police can do, they live off of the same street as I do and their home is on a private drive and the only house and this is real, I have 2 dogs and they do not get out of the car to step on my property they will stop right in front of my house and just stare into my window and then one of them will keep calling my phone unknown and if I dont answer they just keep calling and when I do answer they just either breath or same obscene things and I cant prove it is them because they call private, I need some help they are scaring my kids and one of them has emailed me saying she will get my kids taking away all it takes is one phone call although I know cps has no reason to take my children it just gets old when everyday they send me an email. please someone help because I cant get the law to help
That's the problem in most cases; the offence is not bad enough, until the creeps do go one step too far over the edge. It sucks, most crimes can be prevented, but the warning signs were not meritted strong enough.
hmmmmm

Monticello, KY

#13 Jan 31, 2012
Take pics every time they ride by if you can. Run out the door with the bat at their car and freak the crap out of them! Hairspray in the face works well also if you don't have money for mace. Keep your doors and windows locked at all times also your car doors. GOod luck.
Just me

Elizabethtown, KY

#14 Jan 31, 2012
And GO TALK TO RICK CLEMONS. Seriously I don't know why you're on here asking for help if you're not going to do anything about it. Don't wait. Unless you have done something Illegal to them which is why they are bothering you, I dont see why you wouldn't want to get something done about it.
getting stalked

United States

#15 Feb 1, 2012
well I called Rick and there is nothing that can be done right now because they havent actually done anything I told him about the emails where they said they were in my house and he told me to buy a video camera this is not right I guess they will have to hurt or kill me for anyone to do something
Or maybe

Trinity, TX

#16 Feb 1, 2012
getting stalked wrote:
well I called Rick and...(BLAH BLAH BLAH)...I guess they will have to hurt or kill me for anyone to do something
If by "anyone" you really mean "anyone except me" you could be right.
getting stalked

United States

#17 Feb 2, 2012
no when I mean anyone I mean the police or the county attorney
been there

Leitchfield, KY

#18 Feb 2, 2012
call state police if county won't help.davey norris will help anyway he can
getting stalked

United States

#19 Feb 2, 2012
I will try that thank you I think that county wont help because these people are one the good ol boys if you know what I mean I hate this county because if your one of the good ol boys then you wont get in any trouble but if your not they county police will harass you and try to get you on anything they can scheme up
story tellin

Leitchfield, KY

#20 Feb 2, 2012
getting stalked wrote:
I will try that thank you I think that county wont help because these people are one the good ol boys if you know what I mean I hate this county because if your one of the good ol boys then you wont get in any trouble but if your not they county police will harass you and try to get you on anything they can scheme up
It's obvious that you're one of GC's brightest!(not) Anyone with half a brain knows that you can't have someone arrested for driving by your house and sending e-mails insinuating that they know what your house looks like. You also stated that you get phone calls from private numbers....big deal. What does any of that prove? I get calls from private numbers, guess what I do. Don't answer! I'm really curious how your neighbor, that you obviously can't stand has your phone number and email address. Exactly what can you prove that is illegal in any of these examples you've given? This is nothing but speculations on your part. The law can't sit on a stakeout at your house 24/7. Be a responsible property owner and put out a camera, record something on audio or get something that will warrant the law getting involved. Until then quit your whinning and blaming the law for your little he said/she said story. I believe that you just might be a little paranoid. Grow up and be an adult and don't expect the law to be your personal body guards.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leitchfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Emily strader 1 hr Ruck 1
Has anyone heard of ANR relationship what is it (Sep '11) 1 hr JAY 28
Hot gurl in black gto? Somebody know her? 6 hr Redneckraceboy 1
rats in grayson co forsure (May '10) 6 hr Hate this town 154
Nathan ceeburt and Kira dennis 17 hr Wants to know 6
American Legion 18 hr Whoa wee 21
Gabrielle Travis 18 hr HMG26 20

Leitchfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance