Help

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2010

Does anyone know where to get help with school supplies?
Enough

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2010

Judged:

At the back to school nights the family resource centers will be there. Or, you could call the family resource centers. At least, I am pretty sure about this for the elementary schools ... not sure about middle and high school, though? I believe some churches have give-aways also. Good luck -- I remember how expensive back could be.
old friend

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2010

Help wrote:
Does anyone know where to get help with school supplies?
potters hope will hook ya up.they rock
Chelsea

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2010

I would try Community Action. I think they have a program in place that can help you if you qualify. If they can't help you, they can probably direct you to who can.
What we need

Jefferson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2010

Judged:

Are "Back Pack" Angels...just like Christmas Angels, someone fills a back-pack with school supplies and donates to the children. That is what we need. There are a great many families that are having a hard time getting things for the kids for school. There are a lot of people unemployed in our county.
OutOfTowner

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2010

Judged:

How about going out there and finding a job rather than looking for government hand outs???
People around here are so lazy and dumb and shiftless I swear to GOD!!!
outoftownerusuck

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

Judged:

i dont think anyone asked u for anything. there always has to be a jerk out there
agree

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

Judged:

get a job quit lying EVERYONE can get a job and yes felons too... im a felon i got a job. little fckers sittin at home all day smokin weed and getting my money pisses me off... quit getting knocked up and you dont have to worry about school supplies and quit putting your dead beat baby daddy in jail HE CANT PAY CHILD SUPPORT IN JAIL
Enough

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

Judged:

There are "backpack angels" ... it's just done through the churches and FRC offices.

Since: Sep 09

Gradyville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

Judged:

OutOfTowner wrote:
How about going out there and finding a job rather than looking for government hand outs???
People around here are so lazy and dumb and shiftless I swear to GOD!!!
Please point out where the OP said that he/she didn't have a job.
Living in the REAL world

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

Judged:

Tiredofthiscounty wrote:
<quoted text>
Please point out where the OP said that he/she didn't have a job.
I have to agree with you man, there have been times in the past that we have needed help with school clothes or supplies and I have a full time job, so you point is well taken.
jesus

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

Judged:

i work 40+ hours a week and still can barely make ends meet
lol

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

Judged:

Don't worry about school supplies. I'm sure you went to school. And you can barley make ends meet? Point proven.
RAOK

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

Judged:

People are so fast to judge here..At some point almost everyone needs a little help now and then..I work and my husband works,Things still can become tight sometimes,Like car breakdowns,heating/air....you just never know..Maybe they got hurt on the job and have fallen behind on things...Good luck getting help and don't worry about what some of the inbred say here :)
Cripes

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

Judged:

jesus wrote:
i work 40+ hours a week and still can barely make ends meet
Yet you have money for internet service. Likely cable TV as well. Unless you have 8 kids then school supplies are not that expensive - Walmart has stuff dirt cheap now that they screw us on the rest of the year.
Sorry

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

Judged:

REgardless what they do or how they spend their money (not saying that this person has done anything wrong) if we let kids grow up without proper schooling then we will have a lot of "out of towners " running around here. This person is not asking for something for themselves just their kids some school supplies
JustAThought

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

Judged:

Hey how about those that are in need of school stuff come to my place and exchange hard manual labor for the cost of the supplies instead of a freebie from some charity or goverment group? Lots to do including digging, busting up old concrete, moving dirt around, etc. Oh and no machines. Sledge, shovel and pick, and wheelbarrow. All the water you can drink supplied while you work.

Thats what my grandfather did during the Depression to get food and needed goods, it still works today. No money exchanged so no worries about unreported income either.
citizen

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

agree wrote:
get a job quit lying EVERYONE can get a job and yes felons too... im a felon i got a job. little fckers sittin at home all day smokin weed and getting my money pisses me off... quit getting knocked up and you dont have to worry about school supplies and quit putting your dead beat baby daddy in jail HE CANT PAY CHILD SUPPORT IN JAIL
Dead beat Daddys only go to jail if they get a thousand dollars behind so I hope thats not what you went to jail for and if so I'm sure your babys momma have trouble picking up your slack on supporting your kids, and right now it is hard for some people to get a job and it is school time and these kids need help and if they don't get what they need as far as school clothes and supplies other kids make fun of them and its not even their fault. People have different circumstances, yes some are lazy but some aren't and are just haveing a hard time right now and school suplies are not cheap and clothes aren't either, every child should get at least one new outfit for school, my parents were not wealthy but they made sure I got a new out fit for every new school year that was always the best part
Lucelle

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

Cripes wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you have money for internet service. Likely cable TV as well. Unless you have 8 kids then school supplies are not that expensive - Walmart has stuff dirt cheap now that they screw us on the rest of the year.
oh yeah, go to walmart, don't even consider the the other smaller places that could be helped by your dollars....
Cripes

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

Judged:

Lucelle wrote:
<quoted text>
oh yeah, go to walmart, don't even consider the the other smaller places that could be helped by your dollars....
Go where you want but when they have spiral notebooks at 15 cents and the others want $1.05 you do the math. Unfortunate that only WM is able to cut it down (we all know they make it up by overpricing other stock items) so that they are the only ones with a price that is reasonable for people to be able to work with. I was only using WM as an example of how little it costs, not recommending them. I dont shop there much myself, I am a proponent of the local businesses when possible.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of39
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

34 Users are viewing the Leitchfield Forum right now

Search the Leitchfield Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min republiCONS 138,432
Pawn shops 49 min Gps 8
Brittany Geary 50 min True 4
Billy Wells 1 hr cureous 12
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 1 hr Goose Man 16,059
Amish not paying taxes (Nov '12) 2 hr Gps 110
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 10 hr redeemer 25,959
•••
•••
•••
•••

Leitchfield Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Leitchfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance