cant believe her

Leitchfield, KY

#1 Aug 9, 2012
Can you believe the awful things she says about Mr. Grant from last year, and can you believe the awful things she says about other faculty!!! Even the administration! I am sick of listening to her!!! She does nothing, teaches NOTHING, and has all the favorites that she goes out to eat with every night and goes all kinds of places with. Is that professional? My dad has been a teacher for years and I've never know of him going out to eat with his kids...INAPPROPRIATE!!!! Something should be done about her. I loved Mr. Grant and the other day she started bad mouthing him calling him an ididot and a "thing over there"...what is her deal???
nut

Greensburg, KY

#2 Aug 10, 2012
I had her as a teacher quite a few years ago. I have to say she is a nut. She seems very unstable and crazy. Just listening to her will tell you that. I don't know why she is like that. She has no room to be talking about anyone, thats for sure. As far as hanging out with students that is ridiculous too. I know all the teachers have their favorites, but that is taking it way too far. There needs to be more done to monitor teachers at school to put a stop to this type of thing.
bad

Trinity, TX

#3 Aug 10, 2012
If she is that bad then maybe some of the students need to talk to the principal about her. You go to school to get an education not sit there and be like on a soap opera. That's wrong, very wrong. She's not teaching a good example.
Concerned

Elizabethtown, KY

#4 Aug 11, 2012
I have never had a teacher in my life that plays favorites like that woman does. Seriously. It's actually a little creepy how close she gets to her favorite students, and as for the going out to eat with them.. That is extremely inappropriate. Not only that, I on countless occasions have heard of bad mouth other faculty and administration members, which is disrespectful and unprofessional. Something needs to be done.
Jerick Santoyo

Campbellsville, KY

#5 Sep 1, 2012
She is one of the sweetest ladies that there are. There are no such thing as "favorites" with her. If you don't try to make an effort to associate with her, then that is your fault. I was a "favorite" because I participated in class discussions and always had a good attitude towards her and classmates. She gives you homework and expects you to do it. If you don't learn anything in her class that is your fault. I was in that class for 3 terms and learned more Spanish and conjugations of words in there than with my family in Chicago. Some people feel more relaxed and more open to talk about things when they know the person, that's why she talks about things outside of Spanish class to get to know you. She isn't like most teachers who do not care if you pass or fail. She wants only for you to succeed and if you would have asked her for help she would give the help to you. She goes out to eat with past students because she grows attached to them like they are family. It isn't creepy in the least. She has been a very good friend, an excellent mentor, and a flawless Spanish teacher. I love her just like I love a member of my family. And none of you have the right to talk about her in a derogatory sense if you haven't even made the attempt to know her on a personal level.
FYI

Whitley City, KY

#6 Sep 2, 2012
Way to bump up this topic, favorite.
Jerick Santoyo

Campbellsville, KY

#7 Sep 2, 2012
I like how I am the only one to actually be civilized to type my name instead of some abbreviation, random word, or a semi-sentence...
Gwen

Katy, TX

#8 Sep 3, 2012
She is a great teacher and I agree she does not play favorites if you do something you get in trouble (that goes for everybody not certain ones).
Tammy

Cave City, KY

#9 Sep 3, 2012
Jericks mom...she made high school so much more tolerable for him.she really is concerned about her students and I know she makes a lasting inn their lives..find something more constructive to do like actually study and work foryour own grade..
Sid

Leitchfield, KY

#10 Sep 3, 2012
I agree, she makes an effort after we are out of school to let us know she hasn't just forgotten about us, and she sincerely wishes all of her students well.
FYI

Park City, KY

#11 Sep 3, 2012
Tammy wrote:
Jericks mom...she made high school so much more tolerable for him.she really is concerned about her students and I know she makes a lasting inn their lives..find something more constructive to do like actually study and work foryour own grade..
Heather McRae is Jerick's mom? Didn't know she had kids.
Jerick Santoyo

Elizabethtown, KY

#12 Sep 7, 2012
clearly, it says "Tammy" is my mom. Miss McRae does not have any children.
Are you serious

Clarkson, KY

#13 Sep 10, 2012
Jerick Santoyo wrote:
She is one of the sweetest ladies that there are. There are no such thing as "favorites" with her. If you don't try to make an effort to associate with her, then that is your fault. I was a "favorite" because I participated in class discussions and always had a good attitude towards her and classmates. She gives you homework and expects you to do it. If you don't learn anything in her class that is your fault. I was in that class for 3 terms and learned more Spanish and conjugations of words in there than with my family in Chicago. Some people feel more relaxed and more open to talk about things when they know the person, that's why she talks about things outside of Spanish class to get to know you. She isn't like most teachers who do not care if you pass or fail. She wants only for you to succeed and if you would have asked her for help she would give the help to you. She goes out to eat with past students because she grows attached to them like they are family. It isn't creepy in the least. She has been a very good friend, an excellent mentor, and a flawless Spanish teacher. I love her just like I love a member of my family. And none of you have the right to talk about her in a derogatory sense if you haven't even made the attempt to know her on a personal level.
I guess you were a Kiss Ass in her class to.
Ex Classmate

Elizabethtown, KY

#14 Sep 10, 2012
Are you serious wrote:
<quoted text> I guess you were a Kiss Ass in her class to.
No, as long as you wasn't a smart ass, then she will like you.
2012 Graduate

Trinity, TX

#15 Sep 11, 2012
She only teaches for the first few days, after that she does nothing. She allows the students to talk and do whatever they want. I learned everything she told us the days she actually tried to teach us. She would be a great teacher if she actually did her job. She does pick favorites, I did all of my work in that class & I did it well but she still didn't like me, she was very very rude to me. She talks about all the other staff, she hangs out with her students. That is highly inappropriate, i also thought it was inappropriate of her to tell my class about her being raped. It made everyone in there feel very uncomfortable. The students she does like will stand up for her like Jerick. I just thought id get on here and tell the truth. She's not a good teacher and doesn't deserve her job. Sorry if that offends anyone but it's the truth.
former student

Whitley City, KY

#16 Sep 11, 2012
I remember students easily distracting her by getting her to talk about food. Haha. To those who deny them picking favorites, it's pretty much true. You can do your work all you want, but if you're not a popular kid or the child of a teacher, they won't put you on a pedestal.

Since: Oct 12

Stollings, WV

#17 Oct 16, 2012
Mrs. McRae! I love that women! She was my Spanish teacher, Arts and Humanities teacher as well as my home room teacher; so I got to know her very well over my 4 years of high school. She is a very warm hearted and loving person and she gets very connected to her students. I like to think I was one of her "favorites" I did very well in class, I asked questions when I needed too! However, popularity was never something I had (in fact quite the opposite), I never had lunch with her or did anything with her outside of school, I am not a child of a teacher (in fact neither of my parents or family went to Grayson County until me). I believe the people on here bad mouthing her are just jealous that they are not "favorites". As for bad mouthing staff, I was with her 4 years and never heard her do it but that was in '04 to '07 so it's been a while. I hope you all find a better way to spend your time in the future, highschool is only 4 years, if you don't like someone it wont last long!
djsosazse

Elizabethtown, KY

#18 Oct 16, 2012
asparks0079 wrote:
Mrs. McRae! I love that women! She was my Spanish teacher, Arts and Humanities teacher as well as my home room teacher; so I got to know her very well over my 4 years of high school. She is a very warm hearted and loving person and she gets very connected to her students. I like to think I was one of her "favorites" I did very well in class, I asked questions when I needed too! However, popularity was never something I had (in fact quite the opposite), I never had lunch with her or did anything with her outside of school, I am not a child of a teacher (in fact neither of my parents or family went to Grayson County until me). I believe the people on here bad mouthing her are just jealous that they are not "favorites". As for bad mouthing staff, I was with her 4 years and never heard her do it but that was in '04 to '07 so it's been a while. I hope you all find a better way to spend your time in the future, highschool is only 4 years, if you don't like someone it wont last long!
If you like her so much, why'd you bump up her topic?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leitchfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ok ok 1 hr Truth 2
Plasticon 5 hr Molder 2
Mayor 7 hr Lauren is right_____ 56
Hookups 11 hr Jhon homes 14
Hear me out 13 hr Lauren is right 3
Dog parks? 13 hr Lauren is right 2
the one called misspriss Mon goodlord 17

Leitchfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance