'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments (Page 1,956)

Showing posts 39,101 - 39,120 of138,526
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
The American Voter

Poynette, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43041
Jun 29, 2012
 
http://youtu.be/rsCmiFcRyIc ... This is Mitt Romney ?
Jay

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43042
Jun 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Chief Justice Roberts: It's Not A Tax, It Is A Tax; It's Law, But It's Not 'Unlawful' to Break It.

Talk about double speak! How many people in this country understand this:

**********

In his deciding opinion in the cases challenging the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (AKA Obamacare), Chief Justice John Roberts first says the mandate in the law requiring individuals to buy health insurance is not a tax.
Then he says it is a tax.

He upholds the individual mandate—as a tax, not a penalty—as the law of the land. But then says it would not be "unlawful" for Americans to violate the law's mandate that they "shall" buy health insurance--as long as they are willing to pay the "penalty" for not obeying the law.

But then the chief justice turns to the question of whether the Obama Administration can use the Taxing Clause of Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution to justify imposing the individual mandate to buy health insurance.

Now, the "penalty" which Roberts says was not a "tax" in the first part of his opinion becomes a "tax" in this part of his decision.

In the end, then, for those who actually have to pay it for exercising their freedom in not buying the health insurance the government says they "shall" buy, it is neither a "penalty" nor a "tax," but merely a required "payment to the IRS
The American Voter

Poynette, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43043
Jun 29, 2012
 
Talk about double speak! How many people in this country understand this ???

----------
http://youtu.be/rsCmiFcRyIc
lol

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43044
Jun 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

About 3 months ago the CBO reported that Obamacare will cost triple versus what it was estimated to cost when passed into law. Seems Pelosi's book cooking worked at the time and now they couldn't care less that the people realized they lied big time. If the law costs triple of what they claimed a few months ago then what does that do to the deficit numbers?

Doesn't matter. The dems handed Romney a sure win and Obamacrap will be long gone with Barack. Good bye and God speed!
Jay

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43045
Jun 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

The American Voter wrote:
Talk about double speak! How many people in this country understand this ???
----------
http://youtu.be/rsCmiFcRyIc
**********

******
My post was about Obamacare and Chief Justice's explanation, but you chose to detour and apply it to something else.

Romney says we need to find away to get everybody health insurance so they get better care. This is something I think we all agree with.

But not the current plan, is what he is saying. Circumstances change all the time in this country. What may have been good 10 years ago, given those circumstances, would not apply the same today, given the state of the Union; the deficit, unemployment, underemployment, etc.etc., at any given time.

Alas, there are hundreds of videos just like this on Obama, flip-flopping on what he said when he offered his Hope and Change, that he did not adhere to.

Go look at some of those videos and quotes. They're not hard to find.

Obama speaks out of both sides of his mouth at the same time. Please point to one politician who doesn't.(Exempt Ron Paul). Stop acting as though Obama is the savior of this country and everyone else is a liar. No one believes that!
frank

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43046
Jun 29, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

Jay wrote:
Chief Justice Roberts: It's Not A Tax, It Is A Tax; It's Law, But It's Not 'Unlawful' to Break It.
Talk about double speak! How many people in this country understand this:
**********
In his deciding opinion in the cases challenging the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (AKA Obamacare), Chief Justice John Roberts first says the mandate in the law requiring individuals to buy health insurance is not a tax.
Then he says it is a tax.
He upholds the individual mandate—as a tax, not a penalty—as the law of the land. But then says it would not be "unlawful" for Americans to violate the law's mandate that they "shall" buy health insurance--as long as they are willing to pay the "penalty" for not obeying the law.
But then the chief justice turns to the question of whether the Obama Administration can use the Taxing Clause of Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution to justify imposing the individual mandate to buy health insurance.
Now, the "penalty" which Roberts says was not a "tax" in the first part of his opinion becomes a "tax" in this part of his decision.
In the end, then, for those who actually have to pay it for exercising their freedom in not buying the health insurance the government says they "shall" buy, it is neither a "penalty" nor a "tax," but merely a required "payment to the IRS
Carful their Bubba if you keep it up your head will explode – dogshit allover the place!
You can call it a fine or a tax both are fine and appropriate, now that tax that will surely bankrupt the country and destroy every single job in this country, at least according to you GOPer retards, will affect a whopping 4 or 5 percent of us. It will simply allow those who can afford the Rolls Royce of all health care policies, to opt out by paying a fine!
Jay

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43047
Jun 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Nancy Pelosi, the epitome of dementia speaks again.

What is more logical and hysterical is the comments section.

Nancy Pelosi:

"I knew that when he (referring to Ted Kennedy) left us he would go to heaven and help pass the bill,” Pelosi said of the late Massachusetts Democratic senator."

LOL! what a ditz!

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/pelosi-obamac...
Jay

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43048
Jun 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Carful their Bubba if you keep it up your head will explode – dogshit allover the place!
You can call it a fine or a tax both are fine and appropriate, now that tax that will surely bankrupt the country and destroy every single job in this country, at least according to you GOPer retards, will affect a whopping 4 or 5 percent of us. It will simply allow those who can afford the Rolls Royce of all health care policies, to opt out by paying a fine!
*********

You're a dumbass. 1.9 billion a year tax increase. All on the backs of "4 or 5%?" Yeah right!

Repeal it!!! NObama 2012!!!

“"who's happier than me?"”

Since: Oct 11

coolorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43049
Jun 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Finally a victory for we humble proletariats!
Don't worry you bourgeoisie get to keep your money.
The Cayman Islands are open for business...Just Dial
1-800-WILLARD...hehehe!!!!
lol

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43050
Jun 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Carful their Bubba if you keep it up your head will explode – dogshit allover the place!
You can call it a fine or a tax both are fine and appropriate, now that tax that will surely bankrupt the country and destroy every single job in this country, at least according to you GOPer retards, will affect a whopping 4 or 5 percent of us. It will simply allow those who can afford the Rolls Royce of all health care policies, to opt out by paying a fine!
Frankie. Come on now frankie you know that's not entirely true. All the democrats, that forced this horrendous tax on middle class Americans, will not have to pay a fine by opting to keep their Rolls Royce health care plan paid for by the very people they forced this shit on. Somebody has to pay for this trillion dollar plus law. Is it the rich? No. They will continue to be able to afford the best health care as usual. Like the Obama's and the Pelosi's and the Reeds. The huge percentage of slugs that refuse to bite the democrat hand that feeds them will still get their free shit. As usual. So who does that leave frankie? That leaves the working man and woman who actually pay taxes. Well, some of them anyway. You have to deduct the special interest groups, unions and butt buddies of the dems that got a waiver. But the rest of us grunts will pay the price. Our medical premiums have skyrocketed in anticipation of Obamacrap going into full swing next year. Those "reformed" insurance companies and the "reformed" pharmaceutical companies wasted no time jumping all up into the profit loopholes Obama included for them. Don't believe me? Read Obama's emails with pharmaceutical lobbyist. The tax payers who will pay for Obamacrap will find ourselves in a bit of a predicament come next year if Obama is re-elected. Our employers will opt out of offering employees insurance because Obama's loophole for them keeps their fines to the IRS much cheaper than offering insurance to their employees. We will find ourselves with no medical insurance. Obama will rise up again (lol) and save us from doom and gloom once again (lol) and will put the public option back into the law. Noew the government is getting fines from the businesses and the rest are purchasing insurance from the government. That's a sweet deal for the government, isn't it? Do you think they had it planned that way? lol

The elderly were the first to take an ass punch when Obama and the dems took 500 million from Medicare to fund Obamacrap. That was for starters. They aren't finished with the old folks yet. 500 million doesn't go as far as it used to. Obama has added many millions of people to the unemployment lines and many more millions are underemployed on Obama's watch which means less money for their households. Then you have your criminals and crazies fresh out of prison who need and deserve that helping hand that they will also learn not to bite as they are being fed shit. Oh yeah, don't forget all the record number of people living at or below the poverty level thanks to Obama and the dems. They deserve free insurance too. Somebody has to pay for it and Obama says why not you and you and you working fools!

“"who's happier than me?"”

Since: Oct 11

coolorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43051
Jun 29, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Have ya? been checkin' the odds lately?
Of course not! Your hoping for a miracle?
OBAMA'S re-election probability is 65.5%
Pretty good odds for an incumbent...got to love Vegas
baby!
BTW REAGAN won re-election with 50.7 of popular vote.
OBAMA'S IS AT 50.4
Unless Mitt the Mormon wonder can get above that it's over! yep I'm calling this race...Obama eased over the finish line while Romney goes out wide and never
makes up ground.
Thanks Republicans for spending all that money...helps the economy...WHY! you are job creators after all...:)

“"who's happier than me?"”

Since: Oct 11

coolorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43052
Jun 29, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Thank you note to The Group 9 BETTER KNOW AS THE "SUPREMES".
For reaffirming my belief in justice:
Your Smack Down of that state of fascist Arizona,
and your beautiful affirmation of a wonderfully crafted law...A gift to the great American people
of this Nation that need Some good health coverage so they can rest easy at night not worrying about hospital bills if a family member is stricken with illness.. GOD BLESS YOU GROUP 9 AND SPECIAL THANKS
TO CHIEF JUSTICE ROBERTS..A MAN AMONG MEN AND A FEW
WOMEN!
BTW Chief justice Roberts
you're now on my Christmas card list..lol
lol

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43053
Jun 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

this ones for you wrote:
Have ya? been checkin' the odds lately?
Of course not! Your hoping for a miracle?
OBAMA'S re-election probability is 65.5%
Pretty good odds for an incumbent...got to love Vegas
baby!
BTW REAGAN won re-election with 50.7 of popular vote.
OBAMA'S IS AT 50.4
Unless Mitt the Mormon wonder can get above that it's over! yep I'm calling this race...Obama eased over the finish line while Romney goes out wide and never
makes up ground.
Thanks Republicans for spending all that money...helps the economy...WHY! you are job creators after all...:)
Oh stop bragging lunatic. Didn't you also predict the midterm elections would be dems all the way? Oops! Didn't you also predict that Walker would be recalled? Oops! Thanks for another laugh, goofy tofy. Romney is a sure winner. Why? Because we all learned the hard way that yes Virginia there is somebody worse than Carter! Wipe off your crystal meth ball and make another prediction cause you are so good at it! LMMFAO! You are living proof that ignorance breeds ignorance. It's fun making fun of you though so don't stop with your ignorance and your crackerjack right-on-the-money predictions. OMG...LMMFAO!
lol

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43054
Jun 29, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

this ones for you wrote:
Thanks Republicans for spending all that money...helps the economy...WHY! you are job creators after all...:)
Why? Does Obama's economy need help or something? Ya think? lol Uh huh! Ask the millions and millions of Americans who became unemployed and underemployed on Obama's watch if they believe shovel-ready but not-so-shovel-ready Obama is the real job creator. You're so funny trying to make a clever point and it backfires and highlights the many failures of the guy you are attempting to praise. Classic Obamoron move! Keep trying!
PublicServiceAnn ouncement

Benton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43055
Jun 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Personal and Corporate tax rate at the lowest level in 60 years. Where are the jobs?

Fewer business regulations and the lowest rate of enforcement in 30 years. Where are the jobs?

Banks sitting on $2 TRILLION in CASH. Where are the jobs?

5 Investment banks control assets equal to 60% of the US GDP. Where are the jobs?

GOP Controlled House along with Senate GOP filibusters refuse to even bring to a vote every single jobs bill offered by the President. Where are the jobs?
Jay

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43056
Jun 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Does Obama's economy need help or something? Ya think? lol Uh huh! Ask the millions and millions of Americans who became unemployed and underemployed on Obama's watch if they believe shovel-ready but not-so-shovel-ready Obama is the real job creator. You're so funny trying to make a clever point and it backfires and highlights the many failures of the guy you are attempting to praise. Classic Obamoron move! Keep trying!
********

It doesn't matter what these hoorahers are saying right now, it's what happens in the end. Many talk hosts and government officials are saying, "they may have won the battle, but they won't win the war."

When this all sinks in and Americans realize they could so easily become a ward of the government, and pay a huge tax for the privilege - then comes the dawn.

When they realize a bunch of appointed nobody's will decide their health care issue, worthy or not of government assistance, and more than likely unworthy, they will regret supporting this 2500 page mandate that no one knows how it will work ( until we pass it ) in the long run. When their employer's drop the insurance plans and find that it's far cheaper to pay the penalty, they will then become a ward of the government, at their mercy, should they need and be denied surgery or some other health care issue.

You really think those up there on the pedestal give a rat's about the people down below. Their own healthcare is so secure and so is that of their spouses and family that people can hardly be so naive as to believe they care? When you trust the government to take care of you, you get the minimum.

Further, do you see any of them in government included in this sham? Not one of them, not to mention all those who have been given the privilege to opt out. Why do you suppose this wonderful plan is not acceptable to them? And do you realize your personal medical health issues will be in a nationwide data base from Maine to California, subject to public scrutiny by anyone who has access to these files? And this would include all insurance companies or anyone who feels the need to access it. All private and personal information that once was between you and your doctor will be available for whatever reason deemed necessary by government intruders.

Has anyone really listened to the medical doctor's on the discussion programs? They see this as a disaster. They believe many doctor's pending retirement will retire early. Young med school doc's will change course rather than get mixed up in this hodgepodge. They don't see how they can take on 30,000 more people without new grads taking up the profession. There are way too many *depends upons* in government taking on this astronomical task, and in the long run we will all pay, one way or another. JMO
WakeUp

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43057
Jun 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

this ones for you wrote:
Thank you note to The Group 9 BETTER KNOW AS THE "SUPREMES".
For reaffirming my belief in justice:
Your Smack Down of that state of fascist Arizona,
Actually, the upheld everything that Arizona passed as being Constitutional, only that since Federal laws already existed that were verbatim of what Arizona passed, there was no need for the state laws. Of course...Obama is simply ignoring the law and over writing it through executive fiat...violating his own oath to uphold the laws of this country, but hey, no one cares.
this ones for you wrote:
and your beautiful affirmation of a wonderfully crafted law
A law that STILL no one has been able to read through and determine what's in it and how it will affect our health care as well as other connected industries, businesses, not to mention personal liberties...
A law which was sold to the American people as a "penalty", but really a tax, though Obama and the gov't denied that even to the Supreme Court..
A law that is so well written and so beneficial that it won't apply to anyone who actually passed it, the President who signed it, or a few thousand other special interest groups who were deemed worthy of a waiver from Obamacare...
this ones for you wrote:
...A gift to the great American people
of this Nation that need Some good health coverage
Coverage? well, I suppose we're all covered now...but how about actually improving our access to actual health CARE and treatments? Or instituting competitive reforms that would reduce the cost of health care treatments and insurance premiums? Yay! We all will now have health insurance! lol, good luck getting actual health care.
this ones for you wrote:
so they can rest easy at night not worrying about hospital bills if a family member is stricken with illness.. GOD BLESS YOU GROUP 9 AND SPECIAL THANKS
That's true, no need to worry about the hospital bills when the Death Panels are making all the decisions for you and either denying your treatment out right, or giving you the little blue pill to take all the pain away as you drift off into the darkness...
this ones for you wrote:
TO CHIEF JUSTICE ROBERTS..A MAN AMONG MEN AND A FEW
WOMEN!
BTW Chief justice Roberts
you're now on my Christmas card list..lol
lol
independent

Mount Vernon, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43058
Jun 29, 2012
 
PublicServiceAnnouncement wrote:
Personal and Corporate tax rate at the lowest level in 60 years. Where are the jobs?
Fewer business regulations and the lowest rate of enforcement in 30 years. Where are the jobs?
Banks sitting on $2 TRILLION in CASH. Where are the jobs?
5 Investment banks control assets equal to 60% of the US GDP. Where are the jobs?
GOP Controlled House along with Senate GOP filibusters refuse to even bring to a vote every single jobs bill offered by the President. Where are the jobs?
havn't you all learned yet.it's useless to argue with fools.
independent

Mount Vernon, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43059
Jun 29, 2012
 
oh! and rand paul is an embarassment to kentucky.
WakeUp

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43060
Jun 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

PublicServiceAnnouncement wrote:
Personal and Corporate tax rate at the lowest level in 60 years. Where are the jobs?
Inflation is just another form of tax, but a more politically acceptable one.
Obamacare just changed all the "low tax" b/s. Not to mention the uncertainty of the rising cost of doing business thanks to other taxes in the works
PublicServiceAnnouncement wrote:
Fewer business regulations and the lowest rate of enforcement in 30 years. Where are the jobs?
Seriously? What are you smoking? Haven't you heard of the EPA and the havoc their working on our domestic energy as well as private property rights? And all the ripples that extend from that through out our economy? And that's just ONE of the gov't agencies in energy! We add at MINIMUM 9 pages of NEW gov't regulations each and every day.
PublicServiceAnnouncement wrote:
Banks sitting on $2 TRILLION in CASH. Where are the jobs?
The businesses asking for loans are the ones that shouldn't get them, and go to the government for cash. Solyndra comes to mind and the 500 million dollar bill being footed by taxpayers. Any business worth its salt is cutting costs and cutting back with this regulatory, tax and economic environment we have today-NOT looking for loans and ways to expand.
PublicServiceAnnouncement wrote:
5 Investment banks control assets equal to 60% of the US GDP. Where are the jobs?
Funny how "too big to fail" and the bail outs created incentives for banks to become even bigger, as they realized that if an investment went well, they'd reap all the profits, if an investment went bankrupt, the government would bail them out.
PublicServiceAnnouncement wrote:
GOP Controlled House along with Senate GOP filibusters refuse to even bring to a vote every single jobs bill offered by the President. Where are the jobs?
Democrats controlled congress after the 2006 elections and controlled Congress as well as the Presidency up to the '10 elections.
Even the DEMOCRATS aren't voting for Obama's jobs bills and budgets.

The first thing to be done is to abolish the Federal Reserve. It is owned by and operated for the benefit of the biggest banks in the world. Its sole purpose has been to enrich the few at the expense of the many through its insidious use of inflation and debt issuance. It has been around for less than 100 years and has debased the USD by 96%. The U.S. Treasury has the authority to issue the currency of the country. It did so from 1789 until 1913.

The FASB would be directed to make all banks and financial corporations value their assets at their true market value. This would reveal the mega Wall Street banks and corporations like GE to be insolvent. An orderly bankruptcy of all insolvent financial firms involving the sell-off of their legitimate assets to well-run risk adverse banks that didn’t screw up would ensue. Bondholders and stockholders would realize their losses for awful investment decisions. The economic system would be purged of its bad debt.

All corporate, farm, education, and social engineering subsidies would be eliminated. All Federal employees would have their pay slashed by 10% and the workforce would be reduced by 20% over 5 years. Federal health benefits and pension benefits would be set at average private industry levels.

The 16th Amendment would be repealed and the income tax would be scraped. It would be replaced with a national consumption tax. The more you consume, the more taxes you pay. Wages, savings and investment would be untaxed. The tax code is the source for much of politicians’ power. Its demise would further reduce Washington DC control over our lives.

I'd recommend parts 1 and 2, but 3 covers most of your original posts. http://www.zerohedge.com/news/guest-post-who-...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 39,101 - 39,120 of138,526
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

24 Users are viewing the Leitchfield Forum right now

Search the Leitchfield Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 2 hr redeemer 25,971
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 3 hr wtf 16,063
Need A Place 4 Rent And Rent to Own 4 hr Gps 1
Jessica Arnell 4 hr Jackie 12
Water board, Warren RECC plan to build new offi... (Oct '10) 9 hr Thanks 4
What did chasity's baby swallow? 10 hr JUSTICE DEMANDED 93
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 15 hr blahblah123 917
•••
•••
•••
•••

Leitchfield Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Leitchfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••