Leitchfield Factories
NOno

Columbia, KY

#42 Feb 19, 2012
I sure am glad there are teachers like you teaching my child. No thoughts of there own, as long as people spell correctly.
Teacher

Campbellsville, KY

#43 Feb 19, 2012
NOno wrote:
I sure am glad there are teachers like you teaching my child. No thoughts of there own, as long as people spell correctly.
*their
I hate to think of you trying to help them with their homework, I guess I had better step up my game!
NOno

Columbia, KY

#44 Feb 19, 2012
Teacher wrote:
<quoted text>
*their
I hate to think of you trying to help them with their homework, I guess I had better step up my game!
If you did your job, in which you get paid for they shouldn't have much homework.
hmm

Columbia, KY

#45 Feb 19, 2012
Teacher wrote:
<quoted text>
*their
Your embarrassing us other teachers, please stop.
you kidding

Lexington, KY

#46 Feb 20, 2012
Has anyone ever thought about contacting the union about some of these situations in the plants?? It nerver hurts unless you give it a try and see what they can do.
you kidding

Lexington, KY

#47 Feb 20, 2012
info wrote:
well L-field sucks but my job has came along very well and im happy their! no job in this town gonna treat you like a human being thats for sure
Is this plant a union shop??? Is their any union plant in the leitchfield area?? plan on moving their in the spring of 2012
Pappy

Elizabethtown, KY

#48 Feb 20, 2012
hmm wrote:
<quoted text> Your embarrassing us other teachers, please stop.
I think Teacher made a very good point.
herpie

Elizabethtown, KY

#49 Feb 20, 2012
hmm wrote:
<quoted text> Your embarrassing us other teachers, please stop.
The irony is killing me.
curious

United States

#50 Feb 21, 2012
What does Plasticon pay? What do they pay their Quality people? Anyone know?
Pay rate is

Elizabethtown, KY

#51 Feb 21, 2012
Through temp. service one makes 8.46 to 8.79 per hour.
Pay rate is

Elizabethtown, KY

#52 Feb 21, 2012
Quality for full time employees, I have no idea. Don't know how much the pay is for a temp who works Quality Control.
Truth Hurts

Elizabethtown, KY

#53 Feb 21, 2012
curious wrote:
What does Plasticon pay? What do they pay their Quality people? Anyone know?
If hired as a temp through Advantage you make $8.46. They don't pay a shift differential.
Yes

Elizabethtown, KY

#54 Feb 21, 2012
I make 8.76 on nights.

Since: Feb 12

Elizabethtown, KY

#55 Feb 24, 2012
You most likely will have a 90 day probation period through Advantage Staffing. Plastikon has been known to wait up to 120 days before you are made full time. After that time you will be have to take a physical. The policy as far as attendance goes with this period is 0 'zero' days. They do not have to hire you full time after the 90 days. It's by far not the best atmosphere to work in. Alot working there will agree with this. The statement is regarding plant 2.
Lets Expand

Elizabethtown, KY

#56 Feb 24, 2012
Now back to the topic of this forum, have all of you heard of the new factory that is wanting to open in Leitchfield? The factory that is suppose to start by hiring 400 prople and expanding to 700. The one that has been in the newspapers, the snack factory. Well, I think that this factory would open up alot of jobs for us in town, but there is one guy that is opposing it and trying his best to stop it, if we as Grayson Countians, want to see an improvement here we need to stand together and go to the next City Council meeting and voice OUR opinions and objections to this matter. We will never see a change if we don't. We will never have an economic improvement here, if we don't. The council meets the first and third Monday of each month. Lets band together and get this new factory here, so it will open up jobs.
Truth Hurts

Elizabethtown, KY

#57 Feb 24, 2012
Lets Expand wrote:
Now back to the topic of this forum, have all of you heard of the new factory that is wanting to open in Leitchfield? The factory that is suppose to start by hiring 400 prople and expanding to 700. The one that has been in the newspapers, the snack factory. Well, I think that this factory would open up alot of jobs for us in town, but there is one guy that is opposing it and trying his best to stop it, if we as Grayson Countians, want to see an improvement here we need to stand together and go to the next City Council meeting and voice OUR opinions and objections to this matter. We will never see a change if we don't. We will never have an economic improvement here, if we don't. The council meets the first and third Monday of each month. Lets band together and get this new factory here, so it will open up jobs.
I've not kept up with any information regarding this factory. Do you know when they plan on building the plant?
Truth

Leitchfield, KY

#58 Feb 24, 2012
I don't believe anyone that is fighting against this plant doesn't want to see Leitchfield grow or hundreds of jobs come in for the citizens that are already here and needing work. That is not the point at all. Having a plant that will have 75-80% of the workforce filled by immigrant workers is not the way to get our local people back to work. All one has to do is ask someone that works at Perdue. They can tell you that the majority of workers there are immigrants with many not even speaking English. Some of them have only been in the US for a few weeks. They bus migrant workers from Bowling Green to the Cromwell plant as well as the plant near Henderson. Facts are facts. Ask the mayor and council members that just toured the Kansas plant, and if they told the truth, the majority of workers there are migrant workers. We WANT jobs for our citizens not for migrant and sometimes illegal alien workers. This would not be an improvement to this community or the big job provider for the people here at all.
against meat factory

Elizabethtown, KY

#59 Feb 24, 2012
It isn't just one guy trying to stop the factory from coming in....there are lots of people against it. Truth.....you are right about the immigrant workers. The meat will be shipped overseas. There are a lot of negative facts concering it. After working there you cannot get the stench off and if you quit it takes at least 3 months to get rid of it. The mayor owns several rentals trailors so don't you think that he won't benefit? Property values will lower tremendously. There is not enough water for everyone if we should have a drought....who do you think would come first (factory or residents)? Some of you really need to research it. As to when it would be built the city council says 3-4 years from now. Are people going to just sit around and wait for it to get a job. The one that the city council went to look at doesn't even use an anerobic digester!

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#60 Feb 24, 2012
ugbou wrote:
That's a dumb mentality to have. "Ah guess it wasn't part of Gawd's plan!"

You are a rude an inconsiderate parasite. I would love to have the privilege off meeting you , so I can shove my foot in your ass. How are you to judge someone on their faith or beliefs. You truly are a soulless coward may you rot in hell.....

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#61 Feb 24, 2012
As for this proposed plant I can't believe this is still a discussion. There are mountains of rearch and data to show these plants have a negative environment on any community. I personally know countless residents that moved over thirty miles away from Greeley Colorado to avoid the stench. This is a similar plant to the one proposed for your community. Are you all prepared to move ? Are you all prepared to lose the countless amount of revenue you bring in by tourism ? I'm sure most people enjoying your beautiful lakes will stop coming. Who wants to relax and enjoy your beautiful area and smell a processing plant? I personally would find a new place to recreate with countless others I'm sure. I understand jobs are needed jobs are needed everywhere, but not at the cost of destroying your community. Oh by the way did I fail to mention I build and maintain these facilities. I'm not saying they are not needed, but be logical build it a hundred miles from anywhere....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leitchfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Frankie Barnard 4 hr Judgemenot 3
tabitha 7 hr interested 1
Honey 9 hr Whynotyou 22
missing you 11 hr hottie 1
Paige Ardt 12 hr big jon 4
Factories 18 hr Ryan 1
school system 18 hr Ryan 38
More from around the web

Leitchfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE