Least favorite teachers throughout th...

Least favorite teachers throughout the years?

Posted in the Leitchfield Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Sep 09

United States

#1 Jan 11, 2010
Since we got a topic asking for people's favorite teachers, I've decided to one on the opposite. Because we all know that forever inspirational teacher there is one that is vile, giving the impression that the only reason why they took teaching was to experience the euphoria of controlling people.

For me, this one's hard, but there is one who will stay in my roster no matter what. That goes to my 5th grade teacher, Mrs. Rich at Wilkey. I still kind of get pissed thinking about her. She seemed to have a grudge against me, and would make a long, humiliating lecture whenever I did something harmless such as snorting when I had a cold. She clearly hated me. Why, I don't know, but she's a kid's worst nightmare, especially in an environment where you cannot stand up for yourself.

Another one I didn't like was Ms. McRae, the Spanish teacher. I know that many like her, but she came off as a whiny b*tch to me. She'd talk more about herself than teach Spanish, and I wasn't interested in neither.

Now, let's go back to elementary school. If you don't like to deal with a crappy teacher through a school year, at least be glad you didn't have to deal with one from 1st to 5th grade. I am, of course, talking about the horrors of retired music teacher Mr. England. That guy had a fuse as short as the minds of the gossipers here. Even the slightest bit of typical childrens' chitter chatter would cause him to bang his fist on his piano with a yell of 'Silence!' To top it off, he didn't do much to teach music. He'd make us sing generic songs from our books, show us unique instruments that he claimed to have bought on a trip to some country during the weekend, and listen to him moan. The only real musical experience we had came later on, when we got to play a few generic songs from a flutophone. Occasionally, we'd get watch videos such as Disney Singalongs, but he'd make us watch the same damn ones over and over, and due to the class's time, we'd never get to finish them. Resuming the video the next day wasn't on his mind.

There are others, but I'll mention them later on, I guess.
mine is

Centerville, TX

#2 Jan 11, 2010
Mrs.Durbin in elem. and mr.morrison in middle school finally mrs. pence in high school.i dont think any of these teachers are teaching anymore ( not that they needed to in the first place)LOL.
I agree

Lexington, KY

#3 Jan 11, 2010
Mrs. Rich was one of the worst! She hated me too! Mr. England did have short fuse but he doesn't top my list. Mrs. Minton always gave me a hard time - she is great at handing out tons of homework but just not so great at teaching it. I like Mrs. Minton as a person just not as a teacher.
yea

Elizabethtown, KY

#4 Jan 11, 2010
ms. McRae the spanish teacher is a fat bitch.
shopper

Elizabethtown, KY

#5 Jan 11, 2010
I realize the value of free speech but what could be a good topic is turning into something just like a lot of others on the site, a chance to trash someone and name call. Can't people just name names instead of call names?
wow

Campbellsville, KY

#6 Jan 11, 2010
Tiredofthiscounty wrote:
Since we got a topic asking for people's favorite teachers, I've decided to one on the opposite. Because we all know that forever inspirational teacher there is one that is vile, giving the impression that the only reason why they took teaching was to experience the euphoria of controlling people.
For me, this one's hard, but there is one who will stay in my roster no matter what. That goes to my 5th grade teacher, Mrs. Rich at Wilkey. I still kind of get pissed thinking about her. She seemed to have a grudge against me, and would make a long, humiliating lecture whenever I did something harmless such as snorting when I had a cold. She clearly hated me. Why, I don't know, but she's a kid's worst nightmare, especially in an environment where you cannot stand up for yourself.
Another one I didn't like was Ms. McRae, the Spanish teacher. I know that many like her, but she came off as a whiny b*tch to me. She'd talk more about herself than teach Spanish, and I wasn't interested in neither.
Now, let's go back to elementary school. If you don't like to deal with a crappy teacher through a school year, at least be glad you didn't have to deal with one from 1st to 5th grade. I am, of course, talking about the horrors of retired music teacher Mr. England. That guy had a fuse as short as the minds of the gossipers here. Even the slightest bit of typical childrens' chitter chatter would cause him to bang his fist on his piano with a yell of 'Silence!' To top it off, he didn't do much to teach music. He'd make us sing generic songs from our books, show us unique instruments that he claimed to have bought on a trip to some country during the weekend, and listen to him moan. The only real musical experience we had came later on, when we got to play a few generic songs from a flutophone. Occasionally, we'd get watch videos such as Disney Singalongs, but he'd make us watch the same damn ones over and over, and due to the class's time, we'd never get to finish them. Resuming the video the next day wasn't on his mind.
K.Franklin was such a tyrant.She gave me nightmares.If you werent her fav. you may as well give up when you asked a question you were yelled at in front of everyone.EVIL!!!!!
WHAT

Lexington, KY

#7 Jan 11, 2010
I loved Mrs. Franklin.

“Debbie ”

Since: Jun 09

Strawberry Plains, TN

#8 Jan 11, 2010
wow wrote:
<quoted text>K.Franklin was such a tyrant.She gave me nightmares.If you werent her fav. you may as well give up when you asked a question you were yelled at in front of everyone.EVIL!!!!!
I agree 100%! I think she's the reason I have math phobia today :-)

United States

#9 Jan 11, 2010
wow wrote:
<quoted text>K.Franklin was such a tyrant.She gave me nightmares.If you werent her fav. you may as well give up when you asked a question you were yelled at in front of everyone.EVIL!!!!!
Oh yeah, I didn't like her too well, either.
Purple Flashback

Hodgenville, KY

#10 Jan 11, 2010
Bill Lee, definatly a waste of taxpayor dollars and my classroom time.
mine is

Centerville, TX

#11 Jan 11, 2010
Nicada wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree 100%! I think she's the reason I have math phobia today :-)
oh i forgot about her.wow i think i blocked that bad memory out of my head!!!

“Debbie ”

Since: Jun 09

Strawberry Plains, TN

#12 Jan 11, 2010
Purple Flashback wrote:
Bill Lee, definatly a waste of taxpayor dollars and my classroom time.
Bill Lee was one of my history teachers in high school,and I was admittedly rather difficult. LOL...He used to always tell me, "Swift, one of these days I'm going to get a hold of you, and it'll feel like a bolt of lightning hit you." (the wonderful days of corporal punishment!) Long story short, he did...and it did. I couldn't sit for a week.

“HAHA I AM A TELEPHONE PSYCHIC”

Since: Dec 09

Leitchfield

#13 Jan 11, 2010
Mr. Taylor (chorus teacher) the second cousin I said I wouldnt mentions name, but I guess I just did.
I am with ya

Lexington, KY

#14 Jan 11, 2010
Tiredofthiscounty wrote:
Mrs. Rich.....oh my. She whipped my ass in 5th grade, I deserved it, but she actually hit me in the back, not my butt and bruised the hell out of me. Needless to say, my parents had a fit and went to the board. It was no big deal when it first happened but when a 10 year old wakes up with a back killing them and black the next morning, there is definately a problem. She had some anger issues, and clearly took them out on the kids in her class. After my parents had a fit over the bruised back, she ridiculed me daily from then on, no whippings, but humiliation. That was the last year paddling was allowed in the schools around here.

United States

#15 Jan 11, 2010
Wow...thankfully, I had her when that crap would cause the teacher to be sent to jail. But humiliation is still as bad.

I just don't see why adults who hate being around kids even become elementary school teachers.

United States

#16 Jan 11, 2010
Double post.
Haunted

Elizabethtown, KY

#17 Jan 11, 2010
Mr.Adams science G.C.H.S.
Mean Machine

Campbellsville, KY

#18 Jan 11, 2010
Mrs. Mahurin in 4th grade at Wilkey. Meanest old red headed woman alive. She would hit you in the back of the head with her class ring or on the back of the neck with a ruler.
haha

Strawberry Plains, TN

#19 Jan 11, 2010
Mrs. MINTON math at gchs.. She made math so hard, and didnt want to help you.
LOL

Campbellsville, KY

#20 Jan 11, 2010
mine is wrote:
Mrs.Durbin in elem. and mr.morrison in middle school finally mrs. pence in high school.i dont think any of these teachers are teaching anymore ( not that they needed to in the first place)LOL.
definately miss Pence, I used to put paper wads in her hair. she would walk around all day and noone would tell her they were there. not event he other teachers. i still have her name plate from her desk! lmao

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leitchfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trying to find Jason Conder 2 hr wowzee 5
Panties 13 hr Noone 34
topix forced to expose 23 hr Get your facts st... 14
Chaz Dennis (Aug '09) Tue Random173788 3
Colt Williams Tue Colt williams 4
Christian north (May '13) Mon Where is she 2
Dakota Whitfill aka Bon Jovi (Nov '13) Mon Crush 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Leitchfield Mortgages