Girls having babies at a VERY YOUNG age!

Posted in the Leitchfield Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of80
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Kay

Columbia, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Why do girls want to get pregnant between the ages of 13-17 years old? So many girls in Grayson County this year has been getting pregnant around that age. It's pitiful.:/ It's like babies having babies because their not mature enough and don't know how to take care of another human being....
yoyoyoo

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Really what they need is proper education on how to prevent unwanted pregnancies and educate young kids on why it's best to wait to have children until they're older.

TALK To your kids don't just leave it up to the school and don't just teach your kids about abstinence because regardless of whether its right or wrong kids are going to experiment and do what they want.. make sure to keep an open door policy when it comes to that sort of thing and don't persecute your kids because they're curious about sex or interested in having sex.. it happens..its normal and just because you don't think it's right doesn't mean your kids aren't going to do it. give them the proper knowledge and tools (birth control, condoms, plan b, ect.) to keep them safe and hopefully free from an unwanted pregnancy.. Giving them knowledge does not automatically mean they're free to have as much sex as possible..EXPLAIN IT TO THEM! They're not stupid and they're going to make decisions regardless.

Be smart parents and talk to your kids.
Life goes on

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

yoyoyoo wrote:
Really what they need is proper education on how to prevent unwanted pregnancies and educate young kids on why it's best to wait to have children until they're older...whether its right or wrong kids are going to experiment and do what they want...because you don't think it's right doesn't mean your kids aren't going to do it...Giving them knowledge does not automatically mean they're free to have as much sex as possible...
You seem to contradict yourself here.

Nonetheless, there is no way short of imprisonment to keep a young girl who decides that she wants to "exercise" her genitals from doing so. Whether she is 13, 16 or 25 there is a young or not so young man someplace who will be more than happy to "fill" the desire. And young girls find out fairly quickly that they can in fact have as much sex as they want from any number of cooperative males. About all that can be done is to make sure they know how to prevent pregnancy, but that certainly does not mean that they will do so.
sad

Osage City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

its a shame that they go out and have babies and are just babies themselves!
Hrm

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

I don't think they WANT to have babies... they WANT to have sex and pregnancy is the unwanted side affect if they don't practice safe sex.
Teenagers are going to do what they want regardless of being preached about it - some won't have sex and some will. While education is great, there need to be preventative measures as well. Access to contraception and even safe morning after products.
Unfortunately, and I hate to bring politics OR religion into it but they are very much intertwined on this, the religious right (especially) very much want to keep these preventative measures out of society.
:\
Events

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

I actually seen a statistic that teen pregnancy rate has dropped, not sure how true it was, or the time frame. I think it was comparing it to the 70's 80's, 90's.
Life goes on

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

It has probably dropped elsewhere, but Grayson County is generally about 10 years behind the times compared to everywhere else in the US.
Fry

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Not sure if teen pregnancies are up, or pregnant teens are just more open about their pregnancies.
yes

Elk Horn, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

I agree with everything you said, 100%. My mom had an open door policy with my brother and me, and I'm very proud to say we are 23 and 25 years old with NO kids.
yoyoyoo wrote:
Really what they need is proper education on how to prevent unwanted pregnancies and educate young kids on why it's best to wait to have children until they're older.
TALK To your kids don't just leave it up to the school and don't just teach your kids about abstinence because regardless of whether its right or wrong kids are going to experiment and do what they want.. make sure to keep an open door policy when it comes to that sort of thing and don't persecute your kids because they're curious about sex or interested in having sex.. it happens..its normal and just because you don't think it's right doesn't mean your kids aren't going to do it. give them the proper knowledge and tools (birth control, condoms, plan b, ect.) to keep them safe and hopefully free from an unwanted pregnancy.. Giving them knowledge does not automatically mean they're free to have as much sex as possible..EXPLAIN IT TO THEM! They're not stupid and they're going to make decisions regardless.
Be smart parents and talk to your kids.
new

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Hrm wrote:
I don't think they WANT to have babies... they WANT to have sex and pregnancy is the unwanted side affect if they don't practice safe sex.
Teenagers are going to do what they want regardless of being preached about it - some won't have sex and some will. While education is great, there need to be preventative measures as well. Access to contraception and even safe morning after products.
Unfortunately, and I hate to bring politics OR religion into it but they are very much intertwined on this, the religious right (especially) very much want to keep these preventative measures out of society.
:\
I guess this is the first time I have ever heard a child called a side affect.
dnt matter

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

if they are willing to care for them then so be it children are a blessings never a mistake if it wasnt meant to be it wouldnt have been.....
nograysonite

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Kay wrote:
Why do girls want to get pregnant between the ages of 13-17 years old? So many girls in Grayson County this year has been getting pregnant around that age. It's pitiful.:/ It's like babies having babies because their not mature enough and don't know how to take care of another human being....
The kids and their parents both are too stupid to get free birth control and use it correctly at the Health dept. Its free everyday, its not just that age group though, some of the older in their 20's people are also too dumb to use birth control or have it tied up or something. Totally stupid and rediculous!! someone needs to have billboards with drawings of how to use birthcontrol devices for the stupids to look at!! Sad and pathetic!!

“WTF!!!!!!!!!!”

Since: May 11

Da 'Ville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

So your saying we need a huge billboard somewhere in town with an illustrated penis and condom like what you see in boxes of condoms?
I think that would be fucktacular!!! I say we put it by the Leitchfield exit off the WK so people will know what kind of fucktarded city they are stopping off at on their trip.
nograysonite

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Drew P Cock wrote:
So your saying we need a huge billboard somewhere in town with an illustrated penis and condom like what you see in boxes of condoms?
I think that would be fucktacular!!! I say we put it by the Leitchfield exit off the WK so people will know what kind of fucktarded city they are stopping off at on their trip.
I agree that would be a perfect spot!! lol we need more than just condom billboards though, maybe some showing the tubal process and the average woman taking a pill. Maybe one with the different free choices that the health dept offers.
S_hit-Happens

Horse Cave, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

If you want to attempt to keep your daughter from getting pregnant...

1- Take her to the Healt Dept. I wouldn't trust the pill. Girls/women have been know to forget to take them or not take them on purpose. I would look into some kind of depo shot.

Also let her take the bag of condoms. Hell even go so far as to show her how to use one. She needs to be confident in how to use it! If the guy doesn't have one she will be prepared, no excuses.

2- You don't have to like but she needs to feel you won't flip out on her if she comes to you w/certain situations. "Mom/Dad, I had sex last night & the condom broke..what do I do"..."Mom/Dad, I want to get put on birth-control"

3- Don't keep her locked away in her room, thinking that keeping her there will keep her from having sex. It won't! All it will do is turn her into a sneaky liar.

4- She's need to be taught that her self worth isn't tied to how many dudes she's had sex with and that having sex won't make him stick around. Sorry guys but she needs to be made to believe that boys are mostly pos's that want one thing & one thing only! She has more to offer than that.

nograysonite

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

S_hit-Happens wrote:
If you want to attempt to keep your daughter from getting pregnant...
1- Take her to the Healt Dept. I wouldn't trust the pill. Girls/women have been know to forget to take them or not take them on purpose. I would look into some kind of depo shot.
Also let her take the bag of condoms. Hell even go so far as to show her how to use one. She needs to be confident in how to use it! If the guy doesn't have one she will be prepared, no excuses.
2- You don't have to like but she needs to feel you won't flip out on her if she comes to you w/certain situations. "Mom/Dad, I had sex last night & the condom broke..what do I do"..."Mom/Dad, I want to get put on birth-control"
3- Don't keep her locked away in her room, thinking that keeping her there will keep her from having sex. It won't! All it will do is turn her into a sneaky liar.
4- She's need to be taught that her self worth isn't tied to how many dudes she's had sex with and that having sex won't make him stick around. Sorry guys but she needs to be made to believe that boys are mostly pos's that want one thing & one thing only! She has more to offer than that.
Agree very well put!! but parents are too stupid now days!! they just let the kids do what they want as long as their not in their hair they don't care. Kids are raising themselves!!
anon

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

yeah just take them to a male gyno nothing wrong with that though right
Right

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

anon wrote:
yeah just take them to a male gyno nothing wrong with that though right
Right, there isn't a thing wrong with that. If the gender of the doctor who does an exam is enough to cause issues, then there are likely other things wrong and that just happens to be a handy excuse.

As far as my spouse is concerned, I don't care if her doctor is a woman or a man nick-named "Doctor Big Johnson" as long as she keeps all that stuff working the way it does right now.
Truth

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

I think it's funny how everyone is so judgmental when it comes to teenage pregnancy. Do you ever think that not all teens get pregnant for attention, that sometimes is just happens! And as for being so up tight about contraceptives, do you not realize they they are NOT 100% affective. No matter how many methods you use, or even which one for that matter, they can still fail! And as for the right education, you could teach your child as much as you want but you can't be there 24/7 to protect them. Being hard on them will just make it worse. It's not right to sit here and judge every teen that is pregnant, because not all of them are as bad as you make it seem!
Fight

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Truth wrote:
I think it's funny how everyone is so judgmental when it comes to teenage pregnancy. Do you ever think that not all teens get pregnant for attention, that sometimes is just happens! And as for being so up tight about contraceptives, do you not realize they they are NOT 100% affective. No matter how many methods you use, or even which one for that matter, they can still fail! And as for the right education, you could teach your child as much as you want but you can't be there 24/7 to protect them. Being hard on them will just make it worse. It's not right to sit here and judge every teen that is pregnant, because not all of them are as bad as you make it seem!
Oh hai teen mom.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of80
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the Leitchfield Forum right now

Search the Leitchfield Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 10 min Limbertwig 146,060
winburn and harper 2 hr Linda 23
R.I.P Darren Wayne Haycraft (May '09) 3 hr Eaf143777 83
bo noe and the other guy (Jan '11) 3 hr Right 50
bel layoff (Mar '13) 6 hr knows 172
ommfg 6 hr holy chit 9
male obgyn is unethical (May '12) 7 hr No big deal 70
•••
•••
•••
Leitchfield Dating

more search filters

less search filters