Why does Wilkey have the lowest test scores year after year?

Posted in the Leitchfield Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
TWP

Vine Grove, KY

#1 Oct 15, 2010
Why does Wilkey have the lowest test scores year after year? I don't believe the kids there are any different than the other elementary schools. If anything, they may pull from a more affluent area than say other schools. What is going on with this?
Good Question

Elizabethtown, KY

#2 Oct 15, 2010
Caneyville has consistently low test scores too.
DontKnowDontCare

Clarkson, KY

#3 Oct 15, 2010
TWP wrote:
Why does Wilkey have the lowest test scores year after year? I don't believe the kids there are any different than the other elementary schools. If anything, they may pull from a more affluent area than say other schools. What is going on with this?
Leitchfield is an affluent area. LMFAO woo ah my god that is funny.

So are you saying that since they live in Leitchfield they should be smarter than say kids from Big Clifty?
what she means

Elizabethtown, KY

#4 Oct 15, 2010
DontKnowDontCare wrote:
<quoted text>
Leitchfield is an affluent area. LMFAO woo ah my god that is funny.
So are you saying that since they live in Leitchfield they should be smarter than say kids from Big Clifty?
What she means is that the teachers along with the PRINCIPLE at Wilkey aren't doing there jobs! Look at St. Paul. All kids are teachable!! Those teachers up there do there job and every year those kids shine. Maybe we should all take some tips from their teachers!

Since: Sep 09

Elizabethtown, KY

#5 Oct 15, 2010
what she means wrote:
<quoted text>
What she means is that the teachers along with the PRINCIPLE at Wilkey aren't doing there jobs! Look at St. Paul. All kids are teachable!! Those teachers up there do there job and every year those kids shine. Maybe we should all take some tips from their teachers!
One way to educate the kids is to tell them the difference between "principle" and "principal" and "there" and "their."

Since: Sep 09

Elizabethtown, KY

#6 Oct 15, 2010
But seriously, though, my guess is that the teachers there a just as awful as they were when I went to school there.
jimbob

United States

#7 Oct 15, 2010
i went too Wilekey and am now employeed at Purdue. I get a cap and gown when i gradated the 5 grate. I lurned alot in their and was pushhed too the limits on testings.
HR peeple go too Wilekey to recrewit wurkurs to sorted the chixens and kill the chixens.
If it wasnot fore Wilekey, iwould be a dumby.
TWP

Vine Grove, KY

#8 Oct 16, 2010
I did not say Leitchfield was affluent. Good grief. Wilkey consistently has the lowest test scores year after year. Why would Clarkson consistently have higher test scores? There must be a logical explanation. Just wondering if demographics play a role.
Wilkey

Elizabethtown, KY

#9 Oct 16, 2010
I live in the Wilkey District, but I drive 20 miles round trip to take my kid to Clarkson Elementary. I would drive farther than that if I had to. There's no way in hell I'd send my kid to Wilkey. Clarkson is a phenomenal school. (I was even told by someone who works at the board of education--off the record--that Clarkson was the best).
Inoo

Greensburg, KY

#10 Oct 16, 2010
Teachers
Sad

Elizabethtown, KY

#11 Oct 16, 2010
It needs to be looked into and changes need to be made
looey

Campbellsville, KY

#12 Oct 16, 2010
the principal is hot with her mini skirts and 3 inch pumps... i jack to her, screw the dumb kids her school produces!!
Sad

Elizabethtown, KY

#13 Oct 16, 2010
You must be one of them dumb kids! All of the kids that go there are not dumb by any means some are very very smart maybe they Need to refresh their test taking skills that could be the problem if not someone needs to see how these teachers are going about doing their job they need to relize they have one of the most important jobs on the world these children will be our future
Reality

Elizabethtown, KY

#14 Oct 17, 2010
I would just like to point out that it is unfair to group all teachers in one building as being either "good" or "bad." Every school has some exceptional teachers, some who are great, some who are good, some who are mediocre and unfortunately, yes, some that aren't all that great.
parent

Elizabethtown, KY

#15 Oct 17, 2010
my daughter goes to Wilkey & i know there are some great teachers there. Also i just looked at her test scores & she did great. She only got one math problem wrong on the entire test.
some say

Elizabethtown, KY

#16 Oct 17, 2010
I have even heard with my own ears the reason(from some of the faculty) the test scores are low is because they have children from lower income housing going to there school. I have news for them... Being low income has nothing to do with it. That is bullcrap! They shouldn't make a difference in ANY child,makes me so mad!
Unbelievable

Elizabethtown, KY

#17 Oct 17, 2010
some say wrote:
I have even heard with my own ears the reason(from some of the faculty) the test scores are low is because they have children from lower income housing going to there school. I have news for them... Being low income has nothing to do with it. That is bullcrap! They shouldn't make a difference in ANY child,makes me so mad!
Those teachers who say that should be fired! Money doesn't buy intelligence, and poverty doesn't make you stupid.
proudamerican

Campbellsville, KY

#18 Oct 17, 2010
parent wrote:
my daughter goes to Wilkey & i know there are some great teachers there. Also i just looked at her test scores & she did great. She only got one math problem wrong on the entire test.
The tests are behind!! DUH!!!!!
What normal 5th graders are learning IS NOT WHAT WILKEY's 5th graders are learning!!!
The Wilkey kids are a grade or two behind their actual grade!!!
C'mon... they are STILL LEARNING SINGLE DIGIT MULTIPLICATION IN THE FIFTH GRADE!!!!!!!!
you have that right

Campbellsville, KY

#19 Oct 17, 2010
look who some of their staff is...I mean really
Lil

Vine Grove, KY

#20 Oct 17, 2010
There are some hard working teachers at Wilkey but there are some screw offs too. Alot of screw offs as a matter of fact. The principal isn't too sharp either. She got fired from Breck Co. and turns up at Wilkey.
She pretty much lets the teachers do whatever they want. The kids at Wilkey are sweet though and I am sure they could do as well as anyone if given a chance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leitchfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How stupid can Michael Carroll be for remarring... 4 hr Michael42726 7
Goodlooking hot women in Leitchfield ky 15 hr baller56 9
Chris Gordan hahaha (Jan '13) 21 hr Auntie Magan 7
Christi Houchens (Oct '13) 22 hr concerned family 5
school system 22 hr notme 6
Cristin Embry 22 hr not recommended 10
Mike Pressley junior jr 22 hr Mary Lynn 6
More from around the web

Leitchfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE