Woman drowns in Lehigh River near Leh...

Woman drowns in Lehigh River near Lehighton while trying to rescue grandchildren -

There are 12 comments on the Pocono Record story from Jun 22, 2012, titled Woman drowns in Lehigh River near Lehighton while trying to rescue grandchildren -. In it, Pocono Record reports that:

Authorities say a woman drowned while trying to rescue her grandson and granddaughter after they slipped into the Lehigh River in Weissport borough, near Lehighton.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pocono Record.

John B

Pottsville, PA

#1 Jun 24, 2012
That would be my first choice in a place to swim with my grandkids, in the fast moving river where the druggies hang out. I hope the girl, that made it learned a leason
TeaPartyPA

Ardsley, NY

#2 Jun 24, 2012
John B wrote:
That would be my first choice in a place to swim with my grandkids
You sound like a total redneck.
Ignorance is obvious

Allentown, PA

#3 Jun 24, 2012
First and foremost, people lost their lives so a little bit of respect would be decent. Secondly... any "leasons" that should be learned would clearly be spelling on your part. It was a hot day and maybe there are underlying reasons as to why that spot was chosen to swim in. Just be a little more respectful, this was someone's family and I'm sure you'd appreciate the same respect if they were YOUR family.
Get all the facts Jack

Pottsville, PA

#4 Jun 25, 2012
Ignorance is obvious wrote:
First and foremost, people lost their lives so a little bit of respect would be decent. Secondly... any "leasons" that should be learned would clearly be spelling on your part. It was a hot day and maybe there are underlying reasons as to why that spot was chosen to swim in. Just be a little more respectful, this was someone's family and I'm sure you'd appreciate the same respect if they were YOUR family.
Are you trying to tell us that you'd take your grandkids swimming in a fast moving river when none of you, knew how to swim? Maybe you should and Darwin will strike again and also eliminate you from the gene pool, lets hope its before you breed
Ignorance is obvious

Allentown, PA

#5 Jun 25, 2012
You should probably get a life... you are attacking me for saying people should be a little more respectful in that lives were lost. I didn't write a damn book about what happened because it doesn't matter... People died!
Your Ignorance is obvious

Pottsville, PA

#6 Jun 26, 2012
Ignorance is obvious wrote:
You should probably get a life... you are attacking me for saying people should be a little more respectful in that lives were lost. I didn't write a damn book about what happened because it doesn't matter... People died!
People die every day
I can't help you don't believe in Darwin's theory
Respect is something that is earned, not something passed out like candy or welfare checks
Thanks for voting for Obama
Unbelievable

Pottsville, PA

#7 Jun 28, 2012
Your Ignorance is obvious wrote:
<quoted text>
People die every day
I can't help you don't believe in Darwin's theory
Respect is something that is earned, not something passed out like candy or welfare checks
Thanks for voting for Obama
You really need to blame everyone else for everything that's wrong in the world? This website says that you are from Wilkes-Barre, unless that's just your ISP location, but yet you claim that the spot where these 2 people drowned is a drug dealer hangout. I'm going to give you some credit and assume that you must have been to this spot at least once, because I'm hoping that you're not so ignorant that you'll make claims without any knowledge of the subject; although that is the republican way. I go to this spot all the time with my children. I work for one of the rafting companies that travels by this spot all the time. There are always nice, happy families swimming or fishing at this spot. I would never swim, or allow my children to swim, in any part of the river without a life jacket on, and I'm sure the grandmother that passed away would regret that decision if she could. But it completely blows my mind that there are people as ignorant and mean-hearted as you. What happened to you that has made you so angry? And why are you ok with living that way? Your comments are disgusting. If there is anyone I would like to see "weeded out" of the gene pool, it's people like you. The sad part is though, even if you did come to swim in the river, and you needed someone to rescue you, I would still do it. I don't believe you would if the situation was turned around.
Your ignorance is showing

Pottsville, PA

#8 Jun 29, 2012
Unbelievable wrote:
<quoted text>
You really need to blame everyone else for everything that's wrong in the world? This website says that you are from Wilkes-Barre, unless that's just your ISP location, but yet you claim that the spot where these 2 people drowned is a drug dealer hangout. I'm going to give you some credit and assume that you must have been to this spot at least once, because I'm hoping that you're not so ignorant that you'll make claims without any knowledge of the subject; although that is the republican way. I go to this spot all the time with my children. I work for one of the rafting companies that travels by this spot all the time. There are always nice, happy families swimming or fishing at this spot. I would never swim, or allow my children to swim, in any part of the river without a life jacket on, and I'm sure the grandmother that passed away would regret that decision if she could. But it completely blows my mind that there are people as ignorant and mean-hearted as you. What happened to you that has made you so angry? And why are you ok with living that way? Your comments are disgusting. If there is anyone I would like to see "weeded out" of the gene pool, it's people like you. The sad part is though, even if you did come to swim in the river, and you needed someone to rescue you, I would still do it. I don't believe you would if the situation was turned around.
So you're trying to tell us you don't have a real job, since you're a river guide in rafting season. I guess your real job is watching for the postman, to bring you your welfare check. Maybe you should read your own post, if anybody is ignorant and mean hearted its you. I guess you didn't like the facts that were stated and took it personally, as my grandpa always said the turd don't fall from the poopper hole. Lets hope you didn't breed and pass your stupidity and narrow mindedness on to another generation. So after you voted for Obama and he won, did you use your access card to get some booze and drugs to celebrate the victory for all you leaches of society?
No use in arguing

United States

#9 Jun 29, 2012
Dont bother arguing with this pompous ass, clearly he's a waste of oxygen. No I don't vote for obama but I don't blame all of my problems and the country's problems on him or the people that voted for him. A lot of the problems in the country come from closed minded people like this jerkoff!
Truthfully now

Pottsville, PA

#10 Jun 30, 2012
No use in arguing wrote:
Dont bother arguing with this pompous ass, clearly he's a waste of oxygen. No I don't vote for obama but I don't blame all of my problems and the country's problems on him or the people that voted for him. A lot of the problems in the country come from closed minded people like this jerkoff!
I guess when you don't like the facts, you have to resort to name calling. I'm willing to bet most of your post applies to you
A friend

Allentown, PA

#11 Jul 2, 2012
I was a friend of the woman who perished trying to save a life. WHO CARES where it was and what kind of 'rep' the place has. Think for a second before spewing your BS.
Sure we believe you

Pottsville, PA

#12 Jul 2, 2012
A friend wrote:
I was a friend of the woman who perished trying to save a life. WHO CARES where it was and what kind of 'rep' the place has. Think for a second before spewing your BS.
LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lehighton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lehighton area right to know questions $100,000 Tue Never gets involved 1
Panther Valley News (Jul '14) Nov 20 Coudabeenacontenda 2,251
News Five charged with retail theft from... (Mar '13) Oct '17 Jtpd spokes person 3
News Trump in Harrisburg to Talk Taxes Oct '17 Putins Glock Holster 2
contact me please (Mar '16) Oct '17 Lehightondude 2
Women Don't get jail time for not paying child ... (Feb '09) Oct '17 the truth thats a... 58
News Care Net opens Nesquehoning office (Mar '17) Oct '17 RicFlair 6

Lehighton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lehighton Mortgages