Police: Woman threatened to shoot chicken-killing dog

Full story: The Morning Call

A 37-year-old Carbon County woman allegedly threatened to shoot a dog after it attacked and killed one of her chickens.
Comments
41 - 55 of 55 Comments Last updated Sep 28, 2011
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Amused

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2008

I read how many comments about a dog running free and on the woman's property. Can someone please show me WHERE in the article it states that? I missed where it said that the dog went onto the woman's property and killed the chicken.

The chicken could have gotten out and went on the property where the DOG was. Has anyone ever thought of that? I would doubt it... Everyone in here knows the facts from what MCall reported. Ooookkkkk....
thinking and typing

Conshohocken, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2008

jeanette wrote:
first they attack chickens and then other animals. once they get the taste of blood they move on to more challanging attacks such as your children. what else has the dog attacked ? you need to stop the attacks before I child gets attacked. just like stop signs and stop lights after 10 people get killed or injured they finally put up lights..too late for the dead...
wow lady there is a padded room with your name all over it.
can you say SYCO
2nd amendment

Palmerton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2008

oh deer wrote:
<quoted text>
Except once I hear it, it gets stuck in my head all day. I'm into nuggets, y'all, I'm into nuggets, y'all.....
That happens to you too huh?
superfly

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2008

Carpenter may be boring.; but don't he pi$$ you off enough to get you writing...????
Moronic Dems

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2008

Eeewwww!
Mark Ashley

Middleburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2008

I am the owner of the dog.First off, the dog is a puppy 9 months old, and was being walked by my teenage daughter on a leesh with a choke chain. The dog broke free when it became excited by chickens being kept on propery less then 2 acres which is not permitted in this county. Secondly,the dog only attacked the chicken, did not maul it ,we presume it died of shock. Thirdly, Mrs. Motel three hours later stormed down the streets at the time school busses were letting out children brandishing a loaded weapon going from house to house seeking to murder just about anyones dog.Mrs. Motel then proceeded to walk up into my front yard with no less then 5 minors both inside and outside my house and demanded we presented the dog for her to kill on the spot. Mrs. Motel was most fourtunate that I chose to keep my head and not present my much larger and much more accurate weapon. For the record, the end result was that Mrs.Motel was simply charged with disorderly conduct and I in turn was given a 214$ ticket for a dog that was truly never let loose, which I intend to fight.
Mark Ashley

Middleburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2008

Ps. If "The Morning Call" can't get the facts straight and can't report the ENTIRE story, they should not report or comment on the story at all.
2nd amendment

Palmerton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2008

Mark Ashley wrote:
I am the owner of the dog.First off, the dog is a puppy 9 months old, and was being walked by my teenage daughter on a leesh with a choke chain. The dog broke free when it became excited by chickens being kept on propery less then 2 acres which is not permitted in this county. Secondly,the dog only attacked the chicken, did not maul it ,we presume it died of shock. Thirdly, Mrs. Motel three hours later stormed down the streets at the time school busses were letting out children brandishing a loaded weapon going from house to house seeking to murder just about anyones dog.Mrs. Motel then proceeded to walk up into my front yard with no less then 5 minors both inside and outside my house and demanded we presented the dog for her to kill on the spot. Mrs. Motel was most fourtunate that I chose to keep my head and not present my much larger and much more accurate weapon. For the record, the end result was that Mrs.Motel was simply charged with disorderly conduct and I in turn was given a 214$ ticket for a dog that was truly never let loose, which I intend to fight.
Whether or not your dog was intentionally let loose is inconsequential. The fact is it got loose and killed another's animal. The same would hold true if the dog had gotten loose and attacked and bitten someone. You are still responsible.

It's quite common for dogs to get excited while on leash and try to break free unless they have been trained properly and the handler has been trained how to handle the dog. If your daughter cannot handle the dog on leash, she should not be handling the dog on leash.

The behavior of your neighbor was inappropriate and actionable but that dos not taked away fom your liability.
Louis

Lehighton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2008

Mark Ashley wrote:
Ps. If "The Morning Call" can't get the facts straight and can't report the ENTIRE story, they should not report or comment on the story at all.
If they did that, no one would read the paper and no one would comment on the story.
CO CO PIE

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2008

I would like to ask who saw the attack take place?
If motel said the dog killed her chicken then she witnessed the attack take place. If that is the case then why didn't she try to stop the dog from killing the chicken? Is there something iam missing from this story? Did anyone bother to take statements from the other chickens that may have been around at the time of the attack. They should have called in CSI on this one.
Former Cave Dweller

Sparta, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2008

CO CO PIE wrote:
I would like to ask who saw the attack take place?
If motel said the dog killed her chicken then she witnessed the attack take place. If that is the case then why didn't she try to stop the dog from killing the chicken? Is there something iam missing from this story? Did anyone bother to take statements from the other chickens that may have been around at the time of the attack. They should have called in CSI on this one.
CO CO PIE, whats up man I havent seen you since I left the cave. Are you still down by Robinson's creek? I hear their is a nice conversion van for sale with captains chairs if your interested. Check it out.
Michael Vick

Sparta, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2008

That dog sounds like a winner to me!!!!
Frank Perdue

Sparta, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2008

Motel u must be el loco. I agree with Michael Vick. Remember fresh chicken is tastier and healthier than dog food.
Don't forget to buy chicken in the freezer section of your local supermarket.
How True

Lehighton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2008

Louis wrote:
<quoted text>
If they did that, no one would read the paper and no one would comment on the story.
\

How true and well put!!!
mmm mmm soup is sick

Mechanicsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2011

oh deer wrote:
<quoted text>
True. But I think it was the whole taking the gun to the neighbors house and making threats thing that got her into trouble.
Must be on Pine Run.Accused my aunt of hitting her chickens while driving down the road.Got their kids,cars,chickens,golf carts all over the road.Think they own the road.Wanted her to pay for hitting the chickens!Sick is what sick does.Cream of farm soup?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lehighton Discussions

Search the Lehighton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
what is happening with carbon county politics (Dec '10) 34 min nuid 6,939
Rip Van Winkle works for Panther Valley 3 hr little white chevy 61
R Mickey Angst Report 13 hr little white chevy 522
should panther valley be investigated by the fbi 13 hr little white chevy 47
ron slivka works for kids peace 16 hr Brett 4
Police officer enters plea 18 hr noneed 2
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 22 hr T Wolf 51,196
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lehighton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lehighton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••