Police: Woman threatened to shoot chi...

Police: Woman threatened to shoot chicken-killing dog

There are 55 comments on the The Morning Call story from Apr 28, 2008, titled Police: Woman threatened to shoot chicken-killing dog. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

A 37-year-old Carbon County woman allegedly threatened to shoot a dog after it attacked and killed one of her chickens.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Ferris Bueller

Levittown, PA

#1 Apr 28, 2008
slow news day
PAW LICKIN GOOD

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Apr 28, 2008
Should have done it instead of threatening to do it. Dump or get off the pot.
pro

Schnecksville, PA

#3 Apr 28, 2008
i guess that dog ruffled her feathers. Anyone hungry for wings? I sure could eat a whole bucket full
Whitehall

Fairport, NY

#4 Apr 28, 2008
I hope the owner of the dog paid for the chicken.
Control Your Pet

Allentown, PA

#5 Apr 28, 2008
People need to control their dogs. The woman with the gun shouldn't have been cited. However, the woman with the dog should have been!
PAW LICKIN GOOD

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Apr 28, 2008
Nah the dog flew the coop...
Concerned Citizen

Allentown, PA

#7 Apr 28, 2008
If the dog was on her property, she should have the right to shoot it if it is killing her animals. People need to keep their animals on their own property.

“I feel pretty”

Since: Mar 07

Chesterfield, MO

#8 Apr 28, 2008
Concerned Citizen wrote:
If the dog was on her property, she should have the right to shoot it if it is killing her animals. People need to keep their animals on their own property.
True. But I think it was the whole taking the gun to the neighbors house and making threats thing that got her into trouble.
Herman

Allentown, PA

#9 Apr 28, 2008
Can't wait for a boring Carpenter article on this.
Paw Lickin Good

Philadelphia, PA

#10 Apr 28, 2008
Yeah she could have shot it on her property. Just can't go lugging it over to the neighbor's house.

Game Commission code allows for the destruction of animals actively harming livestock.
thinking and typing

Whitehall, PA

#11 Apr 28, 2008
yummy chicken1 mmmmmm mmmmmm good.
Moronic Dems

Nazareth, PA

#12 Apr 28, 2008
Two citations should have been written, one for each involved.
She made the mistake of taking the gun with her to tell the woman what she'll do. She has to do it while the dog's on her property.
shaggy

Dublin, OH

#13 Apr 28, 2008
I think the dog should count its blessings. The owner should pay a nice fine for damages.
thinking and typing

Whitehall, PA

#14 Apr 28, 2008
shaggy wrote:
I think the dog should count its blessings. The owner should pay a nice fine for damages.
its a chicken its not like it was a child
Claire

Harrisburg, PA

#15 Apr 28, 2008
Why is this other woman letting her dog run loose in the first place?
Paw Lickin Good

Philadelphia, PA

#16 Apr 28, 2008
"its a chicken its not like it was a child" See the price of eggs lately thinking? Ouch.
2nd amendment

Coaldale, PA

#17 Apr 28, 2008
Shoot, shovel, and shut-up.
RonMania

Easton, PA

#19 Apr 28, 2008
Carbon County - The Hatfield & McCoys all over again!!
damn fools

Allentown, PA

#20 Apr 28, 2008
Yup. Another confirmation that Ed Rendell's version of the State Cops have outlawed the defensive use of guns by citizens.

It always has been the right of the citizen to kill a dog that attacks lifestock. You may have to catch them in the act but it is still a right. Telling the owner of the dog before hand is common courtesy.

We need a NRA suit againt Rendell and the head of the state police. And the Lehighton HQ head.
shaggy

Dublin, OH

#21 Apr 28, 2008
thinking and typing wrote:
<quoted text>
its a chicken its not like it was a child
I say the dog was lucky because she should have shot. It was killing livestock. She would have been within the law.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lehighton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Panther Valley Education 29 min Whosoever 445
what is happening with carbon county politics (Dec '10) Jul 27 shame on colt sup... 7,796
New Tanning Salon in Summit Hill Jul 23 *hole 4
R Mickey Angst Report (Mar '14) Jul 23 Another PV voter 1,519
Where to find "d" in lehighton Jul 21 el chapo 2
nesquehoning to undergo name change Jul 18 Shadow 65
News Jim Thorpe mulls future of 3 fire stations Jul 15 antiwayne 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lehighton Mortgages