Franklin Township Police: Woman In Ba...

Franklin Township Police: Woman In Bar Left Baby In Her Car

There are 126 comments on the The Morning Call story from Sep 8, 2008, titled Franklin Township Police: Woman In Bar Left Baby In Her Car. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

A Lehighton woman is accused of leaving her 6-month-old son in her car Sunday afternoon to go drinking in a Franklin Township tavern.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Fuzz Ball

Allentown, PA

#1 Sep 8, 2008
The sentence, "Stupid people shouldn't breed." fits her perfectly!
Good parenting

Kingston, PA

#2 Sep 8, 2008
Well at least she didn't do it on a day that was 90 degree or one that was below freezing. This is proof some people shouldn't breed
past family

Blairstown, NJ

#3 Sep 8, 2008
This is so bad since this is not her first time. She is the same woman who 5 years ago did this to her other son who was left in the car to go drinking and it was only 17 degrees.. I agree people like her should not be allowed to breed again. Our wonderful laws allow people like her to get away with it with just a slap.. I hope she sits longer this time but I am sure family will bail her out again like they did before.. too bad for the children...
a mom

Allentown, PA

#4 Sep 8, 2008
What are you waiting for. If this happened 5 years ago why do you let this go on. Where is children in youth lets go do your job.
okee dokee

Allentown, PA

#5 Sep 8, 2008
If you can't stop her from breeding, make it illegal for her to drink. For some people, booze and drugs should just not be an option. I'll bet booze and drugs are part of a police story in the MC more often than not.
Flyers Fan

Souderton, PA

#8 Sep 8, 2008
This mother is a disgrace to the human race!
Amused Crack-er

Bethlehem, PA

#9 Sep 8, 2008
And another "Mother of the Year" nominee issss.... Dee dee dee!!!

Why, shoot. She wasn't gone fer not much mer then a minute. Dem drinks was going down gooood. She shoulda had her brudder, Bubba Joe, watching them thar kid. He IS the father, ya know!

Since: Feb 07

Middle Village, NY

#10 Sep 8, 2008
Thank you to the un-named judge that gave her $100,000 bail.
past family

Lehighton, PA

#11 Sep 8, 2008
a mom wrote:
What are you waiting for. If this happened 5 years ago why do you let this go on. Where is children in youth lets go do your job.

Why do i let it go on? I am not her family. Her family has let it go on.. trust me. We have pleaded many many years for her to spend alot more time but her family bails her out all the time or the courts slap her hand. I have more time logged spending in court hearings and with every day life for her other children, to help keep her in jail then you know. Our system is just messed up.. concern citizens as yourself should go help fight to change these laws.. I have done my share, have you?? She has a new husband (and this new baby)and new family that should be more concerned with her issues.
Winston

Rockville, MD

#14 Sep 8, 2008
Is she cute?

“You got the wrong person”

Since: Aug 07

United States

#15 Sep 8, 2008
String her up by the teets and beat her like a pinata.
Bethlehem native

Bethlehem, PA

#16 Sep 8, 2008
Plankton wrote:
And this is the type of people that are voting for Obama.... These single (liberal) women these days just can't deal with life and be responsible.. it's a shame
Excuse me? This has nothing to do with Republican or Democrat. This has to do with common decency and respect for others. How dare you make such an outrageous statement. Shame on you for politicizing a near tragedy.
memyselfandi

Whitehall, PA

#17 Sep 8, 2008
Plankton wrote:
And this is the type of people that are voting for Obama.... These single (liberal) women these days just can't deal with life and be responsible.. it's a shame
You're right, Lehighton sure is the center of Liberal PA.

I doubt she was going to vote in the first place, but if you ask most people in Lehighton, they would rather die than vote for a "non-white".

Yup...Liberalism sure thrives in Lehighton.
Latin Flavor

New York, NY

#19 Sep 8, 2008
It funny how people judge anothers when they don't see the problem, this mother has a problem with alcohol and all everyone see it about breeding. which it not the right term this is a human being not a animal. so I pray to God that any of you don't ever had a love one with this silent killer problem call ALCOHOL!
Latin Flavor

New York, NY

#20 Sep 8, 2008
a mom wrote:
I agree with you let help instead of putting them down.

“"Mister, we ARE the weirdos."”

Since: Mar 08

Allentown, Pa

#21 Sep 8, 2008
Latin Flavor wrote:
It funny how people judge anothers when they don't see the problem, this mother has a problem with alcohol and all everyone see it about breeding. which it not the right term this is a human being not a animal. so I pray to God that any of you don't ever had a love one with this silent killer problem call ALCOHOL!
Wrong. She's an animal. She should be fixed like a dog.(my apologies to dogs- even they have some maternal instincts)
Latin Flavor

New York, NY

#22 Sep 8, 2008
Plankton wrote:
God Bless you and i will pray that she will get better, i was addict to this myself and though the grace of God I been sober for over 12 years, so there is hope.
Amused Crack-er

Bethlehem, PA

#23 Sep 8, 2008
Latin Flavor wrote:
Yeah, let's blame the alcohol!! It made the woman do this!! She is just a sweet, innocent victim!!
Latin Flavor

New York, NY

#25 Sep 8, 2008
Amused Crack-er wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, let's blame the alcohol!! It made the woman do this!! She is just a sweet, innocent victim!!
Yes i did thing i won't have done it i didn't have alcohol in me, i almost lost my love for my daugthers because of this disease.
Amused Crack-er

Bethlehem, PA

#26 Sep 8, 2008
Latin Flavor wrote:
<quoted text>Yes i did thing i won't have done it i didn't have alcohol in me, i almost lost my love for my daugthers because of this disease.
I know what you mean!! When I go to the bars, the pesky mugs jump right up and force the beer down my throat!! Oh, and let's not forget the terrible vodka bottles, which are just as bad!!

Alcohol made me lose the love of a urinal since I kept wetting myself. Bad, bad alcohol!! It should be banned so it can't kill or ruin another life. Bad, bad alcohol! It should be ashamed of itself!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lehighton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
If you see my son Tommy Almeida 15 hr Pepe the Frog 2
Panther Valley News (Jul '14) Sep 18 upset taxpayerr 2,113
News Palmerton superintendent to resign -- themornin... (Sep '07) Sep 7 Sarahw 109
News Two arrested after fireworks incident... Aug 31 Time to pay the p... 4
3rd street drug bust (Mar '17) Aug 25 uncle daddy 3
Location of Former Newspaper Aug '17 pencor 2
News Misericordia Aug '17 skook whitenigr 3

Lehighton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lehighton Mortgages