what is happening with carbon county ...
nuid

Lehighton, PA

#5283 Feb 21, 2013
There's no way alot of R's will support a Heffley stooge.Especially after his behavior before and after the last election.So there is no way the D's will support one either.No secret Moon is not the darling of the party.Too many complaints that she is not a team player and out only for herself.However,when it comes down to anyone connected to Heffley,Moon will definitely get the full support of the D' s.Com plaints are growing of his continued arrogance and ignorance.One old time politican used to say,"when they get too big for their britches that's the best time to take em out".He was right.And the way Heffley is going,next year will be the perfect time.
ditto that

Lehighton, PA

#5284 Feb 22, 2013
Until the Old Democratic guard is able to fully support a Dem for Change Candidate there will always be some chance of the unlikely. Sometimes you have to take a few steps back to take a step forward and if losing a row office will finally wake up the old guard so be it.
Tweet Tweet

Brooklyn, NY

#5285 Feb 22, 2013
ditto that wrote:
Until the Old Democratic guard is able to fully support a Dem for Change Candidate there will always be some chance of the unlikely. Sometimes you have to take a few steps back to take a step forward and if losing a row office will finally wake up the old guard so be it.
I don't think it has so much been opposition to Dems for Change as it has been a terrible candidate(Yaich) and laziness. Besides, nobody that's actually within that group(D4C) has run for office have they?
Gave up myid

Jim Thorpe, PA

#5286 Feb 22, 2013
John Wiecoricz (sic)(never could spell his name) was originally a D for C before he went over to the dark side. He ran for State Rep. Some Palmerton Borough Council members are either friendly with or married to D and C members. Nobody else leaps to mind, at the moment.
ditto that

Lehighton, PA

#5287 Feb 22, 2013
I dont think anyone who they would back would get support so no. but their is areason for their existence and sometimes you have to tear a party down to build back up. Dems still hold a pretty strong voter reg lead in Carbon. If they lost a row office they could still regroup so if they really want change now is the time for them to make a move like this. Old Guard is weak right now.
Tweet Tweet

Brooklyn, NY

#5288 Feb 22, 2013
It makes no sense to run someone against an incumbent Dem row officer if you're the D4C people. To run someone against a Rep candidate is another matter entirely and that wouldn't surprise me. Considering that there are only 2 Rep offices right now, that narrows the talent pool to pick from. Especially since the offices are State Rep & Commissioner. I don't know of anyone in D4C with a profile that could make a run at either of those seats.
Gave up myid

Lehighton, PA

#5289 Feb 22, 2013
Where r these comments coming from, other than off the wall? The D4C, as you call them, will back Judy Moon, no question in my mind, unless someone new emerges, and I don't see that happening. They'll never back a Heffley supporter. I'm going to tweet, oops, I meant tweak, nu, I don't think there is an old guard in control of the Dem Board anymore, very fluid situation there. Now, on the Goppie eBoard side, there is also dissention in the ranks, but despite the complaints, Doyle seems to have it locked down at the moment. Its like they are in the place that the Dems were 2 years ago, maybe they should learn a lesson or two or three?
nuid

Lehighton, PA

#5290 Feb 22, 2013
You couldn't be more wrong GUMID if you tried.Heffley has nothing locked down.There were only six E Board members at the last meeting and the idiot himself and his wife was a no show.He got the new chair to step forward and now doesn't show.Reps are throwing in the towel with their office.Plans were to move across the street for cheaper rent.No signs of the big contributors who could keep things going.Heffley has definitely overshot himself to put it mildly.Trust me.This is definitely the time for the Dems to pull together and get a candidate against him.Heffley has nothing to help him on the ballot next time.Reps are out to take out Corbett and Yudichak will be on the ballot which would definitely help a Dem candidate.Heffley's actions and lack thereof plus his mouth has people retreating.Word has it that Mike Carty is not happy and Wally Ptkowski[not sure of spelling]has been a no show.Both were big with money and fundraising.Heffley has definitely burned big bridges.
Tweet Tweet

Lehighton, PA

#5291 Feb 22, 2013
I'm pretty sure he'll still get the neo conservative money & in kinds from Reinhard and some others. We'll have to check his campaign finance reports closely.
ditto that

Lehighton, PA

#5292 Feb 22, 2013
Tweet Tweet wrote:
It makes no sense to run someone against an incumbent Dem row officer if you're the D4C people. To run someone against a Rep candidate is another matter entirely and that wouldn't surprise me. Considering that there are only 2 Rep offices right now, that narrows the talent pool to pick from. Especially since the offices are State Rep & Commissioner. I don't know of anyone in D4C with a profile that could make a run at either of those seats.
Lets be realistic. its cute to think the dems for change could jaunt in to a commissioner or state rep seat and the old guard would allow that to hapoen. Every new idea group eventually finds out in order to cause change u first need to change your own party or like minded people. A row office lost now might push a dem for change candidate against Heffley but dont expect old guard to allow until they have no choice. Heck old guard mason stepped down for old guard gets and u think a dem for change can get in? They have a better shot working w the repubs for a minority commissioner.
ditto that

Lehighton, PA

#5293 Feb 22, 2013
nuid wrote:
You couldn't be more wrong GUMID if you tried.Heffley has nothing locked down.There were only six E Board members at the last meeting and the idiot himself and his wife was a no show.He got the new chair to step forward and now doesn't show.Reps are throwing in the towel with their office.Plans were to move across the street for cheaper rent.No signs of the big contributors who could keep things going.Heffley has definitely overshot himself to put it mildly.Trust me.This is definitely the time for the Dems to pull together and get a candidate against him.Heffley has nothing to help him on the ballot next time.Reps are out to take out Corbett and Yudichak will be on the ballot which would definitely help a Dem candidate.Heffley's actions and lack thereof plus his mouth has people retreating.Word has it that Mike Carty is not happy and Wally Ptkowski[not sure of spelling]has been a no show.Both were big with money and fundraising.Heffley has definitely burned big bridges.
You really didnt see the office being a long shot? Thats harder to keep open then running a campaign. something to be said about spending money in the right places at the right time. dont any of the rep elect officials thought that far ahead but who knows. And hear alot about the last lady chair and how good she was while reading these boards. Rep in fight or in fighf a leader is often judged for what was left behind. One has to think they held together to come out better than 4 yrs ago.
nuid

Lehighton, PA

#5294 Feb 22, 2013
Of course the office was a long shot.But the former chair had the brains to reach out to people who had pulled away from the party for one reason or another.She was able to get them to donate in various ways. Heffley not screwed her over and she had stayed the office would remain open.This new guy does not have the experience or the know how and certainly does not have the list of names of where to go.As Heffley continues to piss off people and cause them to retreat,people like Fred Reinhard will take the cue and pull back.What will be left to support?I don't think the new chair had a clue when he took over.He has no idea the damage his good buddy Heffley has caused.If Heffley doesn't change his ways which I doubt he will,the party is in severe trouble and donations will be lower than ever.People have really had it.Don't be surprised if there is a primary battle for Heffley next time around.It is bad.
Tweet Tweet

Lehighton, PA

#5295 Feb 23, 2013
ditto that wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets be realistic. its cute to think the dems for change could jaunt in to a commissioner or state rep seat and the old guard would allow that to hapoen. Every new idea group eventually finds out in order to cause change u first need to change your own party or like minded people. A row office lost now might push a dem for change candidate against Heffley but dont expect old guard to allow until they have no choice. Heck old guard mason stepped down for old guard gets and u think a dem for change can get in? They have a better shot working w the repubs for a minority commissioner.
I don't think D4C will run anyone for either of those offices. I was just saying that they are the next 2 offices where it would even be conceivable that they would try. Besides, the bench is looking pretty empty in the good ole boys club these days. Who are they going to run? Nalesnik again? He's the laziest candidate in the county. Anyone willing to put in a little effort could beat him. Outside of him there just isn't that much in the way of recognizable candidates out there right now.

Its a sad state of affairs on both sides.

And working with the Reps for a *minority* commish spot? seriously? Gerhard is done in public office and I can't see Nothstein running again. Odds are that we have three brand new commissioners next time with two of them being Dems since Gerhard and his tax hikes will be on the ballot.
ditto that

Lehighton, PA

#5296 Feb 23, 2013
nuid wrote:
Of course the office was a long shot.But the former chair had the brains to reach out to people who had pulled away from the party for one reason or another.She was able to get them to donate in various ways. Heffley not screwed her over and she had stayed the office would remain open.This new guy does not have the experience or the know how and certainly does not have the list of names of where to go.As Heffley continues to piss off people and cause them to retreat,people like Fred Reinhard will take the cue and pull back.What will be left to support?I don't think the new chair had a clue when he took over.He has no idea the damage his good buddy Heffley has caused.If Heffley doesn't change his ways which I doubt he will,the party is in severe trouble and donations will be lower than ever.People have really had it.Don't be surprised if there is a primary battle for Heffley next time around.It is bad.
No question the chairlady did a real nice job. Look at the elections. but to assume the money would be there forever is foolish. That office had to run down her as well as the club itself. hef didnt help matters for sure. Im starting to wonder why she didnt stay on as chair. if she really has it in for Heffley she was in the perfect position to do something as gop chair. Talk about giving up ones soap box and then wanting to be heard. well maybe she is looking for a gop to runagainst Doyle in the primary? question is whether she has thick enough skin. Its a rough sport.
ditto that

Lehighton, PA

#5297 Feb 23, 2013
Tweet Tweet wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think D4C will run anyone for either of those offices. I was just saying that they are the next 2 offices where it would even be conceivable that they would try. Besides, the bench is looking pretty empty in the good ole boys club these days. Who are they going to run? Nalesnik again? He's the laziest candidate in the county. Anyone willing to put in a little effort could beat him. Outside of him there just isn't that much in the way of recognizable candidates out there right now.
Its a sad state of affairs on both sides.
And working with the Reps for a *minority* commish spot? seriously? Gerhard is done in public office and I can't see Nothstein running again. Odds are that we have three brand new commissioners next time with two of them being Dems since Gerhard and his tax hikes will be on the ballot.
Ok. you dont see any connection between the timing of the dems for changes existence and the GOPs new found strength? Maybe perfect storm of bad dem candidates agreed but in the past it didnt matter who the old guard put up. McCall just pointed his finger and they won. Now im not saying the dems for change openly work agsinst the party but they can certainly point out flaws in the party. are they smart enough? If everyone on here is correct they seem to be the onoy ones with a office right now.
Tweet Tweet

Brooklyn, NY

#5298 Feb 23, 2013
No I don't see D4C as a reason any recent GOP wins. I think it's more likely that the sudden leadership void left by McCall is the cause. D4C seems to be more of a field organization than anything else and from all sources that I know, they're pretty effective at it.
ditto that

Lehighton, PA

#5299 Feb 23, 2013
Tweet Tweet wrote:
No I don't see D4C as a reason any recent GOP wins. I think it's more likely that the sudden leadership void left by McCall is the cause. D4C seems to be more of a field organization than anything else and from all sources that I know, they're pretty effective at it.
Did u miss all the stuff that happened between them and billy o. And how bad it is with them and Jr? Rebonald didnt know who or how to stay far enough away from both groups. Do you think the tea party was happy with the republican party? They had to win primaries against incumbants before winning any general election. If ur saying this demo for change group has no intention of changing anything then they should just shut up and let billy o tell them what to do. If u r correctthen its status quo for the dems they are in a mess right now. You just cant have it both ways. Dems for change but were happy the way things are?
Tweet Tweet

Lehighton, PA

#5300 Feb 23, 2013
I Jr seems to get along fine with them. He straddles both fences very nicely if you ask me.

D4C is more concerned with positions on issues being adopted than running people for office.

And we're yet to see a tea bagger win a local election in this county. Judging by the insane letters that they've been writing in the paper and the "issues" that they're trying to push, I would say that they're more of a liability than anything at this point. All they do is turn the voters off to Reps at this point.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#5301 Feb 23, 2013
Tweet Tweet wrote:
I Jr seems to get along fine with them. He straddles both fences very nicely if you ask me.
D4C is more concerned with positions on issues being adopted than running people for office.
And we're yet to see a tea bagger win a local election in this county. Judging by the insane letters that they've been writing in the paper and the "issues" that they're trying to push, I would say that they're more of a liability than anything at this point. All they do is turn the voters off to Reps at this point.
There in lies the problem. He is straddling the fence. No balls to pick a side. One of the only ways I can see a dem. winning in this day and age is to run as an indepenant. Both factions of the dem party have burned their bridges and no one wants to work for the greater good. The D4C is way out there they have alot of good people but it's the 20th century, get real. The old guard needs to realize it's over wake the hell up....
ditto that

Lehighton, PA

#5302 Feb 23, 2013
Tweet Tweet wrote:
I Jr seems to get along fine with them. He straddles both fences very nicely if you ask me.
D4C is more concerned with positions on issues being adopted than running people for office.
And we're yet to see a tea bagger win a local election in this county. Judging by the insane letters that they've been writing in the paper and the "issues" that they're trying to push, I would say that they're more of a liability than anything at this point. All they do is turn the voters off to Reps at this point.
If you want to continue what I thought was an intelligent conversation I will but lets be cool about the name calling. It invites goof balls to post. I didnt know the local tea party really existed. 9/12 yes but tea party? So if u are right about the dems for change, they are happy with the status quo, have not had a positive or negative effect on the democratic party in Carbon, and really only care about state and national issues? the last 4 years they were neither able to sway votes or vote themselves as the dems lost control of everything they had. Even president voted GOP. I have no idea why any discusses the dems for change on this board or why they hold Dee EMS for change meetings? I know that sounds kind of rude but I really day don't know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lehighton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are parents aware... Thu concerned 7
Panther Valley News (Jul '14) Apr 27 to old for taxes 1,294
News Nesquehoning church fights to stay open (Jun '08) Apr 26 Not wasteful spen... 4,226
News Board ignores will of People Apr 25 Good luck 2
churches closing Apr 23 alter boy 1
News Search teams scour mountain for missing Tamaqua... Apr 19 the dappening 1
Women Don't get jail time for not paying child ... (Feb '09) Apr 18 biotch 56
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lehighton Mortgages