what is happening with carbon county ...
ditto that

Leesport, PA

#5224 Feb 13, 2013
Tweet Tweet wrote:
If that's Mason from JT, that won't happen. He would likely be good at it, but I can't see him going that route.
P

Prettt sure thats the one now that u mention it. The Mrs would be a handful and she'd run the show. Old school dems would support while the new wave would not.
Gave up myid

Lehighton, PA

#5225 Feb 13, 2013
He isn't running. That gentleman was actively interested the last time, and was hurt when Getz changed his mind and decided to run again. He's no longer interested, which is a shame, because he has solid management experience. Wife has no interest at all in running. Wouldn't be surprised if their son runs for something down the line, however.
Tweet Tweet

Chalfont, PA

#5226 Feb 13, 2013
ditto that wrote:
<quoted text>
P
Prettt sure thats the one now that u mention it. The Mrs would be a handful and she'd run the show. Old school dems would support while the new wave would not.
No way would he run. The son would be more likely, but neither of them have a need or reason to run for that office. I don't know about your assessment of the Dem party...Nancy is well liked by the new wave as you put it.

Even with that being said, I highly doubt any of the Mason's would run.
Tweet Tweet

Chalfont, PA

#5227 Feb 13, 2013
Gave up myid wrote:
He isn't running. That gentleman was actively interested the last time, and was hurt when Getz changed his mind and decided to run again. He's no longer interested, which is a shame, because he has solid management experience. Wife has no interest at all in running. Wouldn't be surprised if their son runs for something down the line, however.
The daughter is much more likely in my opinion. She has the connections to help her through a campaign.
Gave up myid

Lehighton, PA

#5228 Feb 13, 2013
I think you are thinking of the granddaughter.
Tweet Tweet

Lehighton, PA

#5229 Feb 13, 2013
Gave up myid wrote:
I think you are thinking of the granddaughter.
Yes. Now that I actually think about it, you're correct.
nuid

Lehighton, PA

#5230 Feb 13, 2013
Would the Mason granddaughter be interested in running for State Rep? Never had a gal Rep.I would be in on that one.I'm afraid she would be considered too young for Commish but feel the voters would go for the "youth" as State Rep.I know sounds dumb but hey we all know what GUMID thinks of the voters.And,remember how young McCall was when he first went in.
Uh Huh

Lehighton, PA

#5231 Feb 13, 2013
nuid wrote:
Would the Mason granddaughter be interested in running for State Rep? Never had a gal Rep.I would be in on that one.I'm afraid she would be considered too young for Commish but feel the voters would go for the "youth" as State Rep.I know sounds dumb but hey we all know what GUMID thinks of the voters.And,remember how young McCall was when he first went in.
McCall won his first on a sympathy vote ... remember? He actually had nothing to offer at that time.
Tweet Tweet

Lehighton, PA

#5232 Feb 13, 2013
She isn't even in the area anymore as far as I know.

Lets be honest though, we haven't had a state rep candidate with anything to offer in a LONG time.

As far as commissioner goes, I would like to see someone younger and/or a woman. Change is good and it's time that we get some substantial change around here.
nuid

Lehighton, PA

#5233 Feb 13, 2013
Uh Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
McCall won his first on a sympathy vote ... remember? He actually had nothing to offer at that time.
I remember it quite well.And what exactly did Heffley have to offer,either time?
nuid

Lehighton, PA

#5234 Feb 13, 2013
Tweet Tweet wrote:
She isn't even in the area anymore as far as I know.
Lets be honest though, we haven't had a state rep candidate with anything to offer in a LONG time.
As far as commissioner goes, I would like to see someone younger and/or a woman. Change is good and it's time that we get some substantial change around here.
Okay so she's not in the area.That didn't stop Jim Lavelle!What about her uncle then.I assume [I know we are not to assume but I'm going to anyway]you are referring to the one who is involved in real estate?He's a good age for running.
Tweet Tweet

Lehighton, PA

#5235 Feb 13, 2013
nuid wrote:
<quoted text>Okay so she's not in the area.That didn't stop Jim Lavelle!What about her uncle then.I assume [I know we are not to assume but I'm going to anyway]you are referring to the one who is involved in real estate?He's a good age for running.
I'd be fine with him running, but I just don't think that it would appeal to him and I don't think that he has the time to do it. Too many profitable irons in the fire.

The problem that we really have is that commissioner doesn't pay enough to attract the type of talent that we really need. I've heard a few people that I feel would do great in that office say that they didn't want to take a pay cut.
ditto that

Palmerton, PA

#5236 Feb 13, 2013
Tweet Tweet wrote:
<quoted text>
No way would he run. The son would be more likely, but neither of them have a need or reason to run for that office. I don't know about your assessment of the Dem party...Nancy is well liked by the new wave as you put it.
Even with that being said, I highly doubt any of the Mason's would run.
I'm not exactly sure how well liked she is. From what i underatand her and the other one Edith (I think) do more damage than good. Big backers of Wildoner (loss), billy O (loss), Yaich (loss), jt mayor candidate (loss), obama (loss in county). Pretty sure they are nasty people.
ditto that

Palmerton, PA

#5237 Feb 13, 2013
Gave up myid wrote:
Sounds like the Dems $hit in their own bed once again. So rather than letting mason and bill o run and best man win, the summitt hill gang and charile their puppet pushed him out to basically give billy o two shots at minority commish. Never understood why the dems cursed the redistricing plan to move summitt hill to schuylkill cnty. Dems in Carbon would be better off.
Tweet Tweet

Lehighton, PA

#5238 Feb 13, 2013
Personally, I don't really think there is any bad blood between they Masons & the old guard in the Dem party. Besides, I can't see there bring any real conflicts around that race since EVERYONE in the party hates Gerhard.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#5239 Feb 14, 2013
I have been follong this blog for a while I can't believe how people are worried about the Commish race when that is 3 years away. Let it go, let us talk about this year and next. There is much more interesting stuff going on locally and county.
Tweet Tweet

Chalfont, PA

#5240 Feb 14, 2013
And what would those interesting things be??? Most local races are uncontested and boring. Not much on the horizon that isn't a slam dunk until the commissioners race.
Uh Huh

Lehighton, PA

#5241 Feb 14, 2013
nuid wrote:
<quoted text>I remember it quite well.And what exactly did Heffley have to offer,either time?
Obviously more than his opponents. lol I can agree with the statement that Carbon needs more than is being offered in terms of education and experience. Working within "the system" and with today's unwashed public is less than gratifying. Most seemingly capable people I've spoken with look at public service as a step down or two or three as compared to what they now have. I've run into too many winkers and nodders and smilers only interested in their own "job" and pockets to even think that things will get better. Government is only as good as the electorate and the elected ... we're screwed!
Year of the Woman

Lehighton, PA

#5242 Feb 14, 2013
If the elder Mason ran, the field on the Dem side would clear out. He would have to find a running mate, preferably a woman (which I have said on here before). The combination of Mason and a potential female would be great for the Dems.
Many people doubt Mason would run. I disagree. I could see him running in order to help build bridges for his kids or grand kids who want to run.
As far as his status with the elder Dems, I don't think that matters much anymore. McCalls, Crampsies and O's could help Obama win the Panther Valley region of the county. Rumors have them all on their last terms and stepping out of politics after their terms are over.
Uh Huh

Lehighton, PA

#5243 Feb 14, 2013
A perfect politically correct candidate at this really screwed up time in history would be a one-armed black lesbian/transsexual with Down syndrome. Know any?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lehighton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Panther Valley News (Jul '14) 5 hr It is finished 1,917
News At Sunny Rest nudist resort, vacationers unload... (Nov '07) 11 hr Mdruddy 168
News 'Kids for Cash' hit close to home for documenta... (Feb '14) Feb 4 A Hillary Deport... 3
News 4 arrested in Lansford drug deal Feb 3 thatcher a pretty... 1
is lehighton fire company just a hang out for d... (Nov '15) Jan 31 Arm 4
News Lehighton to break ground on elementary center Jan 31 Brown 3
News Palmerton Area teachers say no to report (Jun '07) Jan 31 Brooke 47

Lehighton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lehighton Mortgages