What happened to Jim Thrope's police ...

What happened to Jim Thrope's police car?

Posted in the Lehighton Forum

Bad driving

Moosic, PA

#1 Sep 30, 2011
It's sitting at a local body shop with the front end smashed in. I didn't see anything in the news, about what happened to it
Chunker

Wyoming, PA

#2 Oct 1, 2011
Word has it, that they went to turn around behind the Jim Thorpe Market and hit one of those illegally placed piles of topsoil, that are there and then some guy with a chainsaw cut down a tree and it fell on the car
JIM THORPE taxpayer

Lehighton, PA

#3 Oct 1, 2011
which car? we have almost as many cars as cops.
Marv

Wyoming, PA

#4 Oct 1, 2011
JIM THORPE taxpayer wrote:
which car? we have almost as many cars as cops.
There is a white ford Crown Vic sitting across from Kovatch's body shop, they might be talking about that one. I didn't look for any numbers on it, but it did say Jim Thorpe police on the side. The front was pushed in pretty bad, like it ran in to a nonmoving object. The cow pusher on the front, was pushed through the grill and in to the hood. What do they put them on the cars for in the first place. Is it extra protection for the officers, that don't know how to drive? I always thought, that they were to push broken down vehicles off the road, but around here it seems if somebody breaks down, the cop just sits on their fat butt, in the police vehicle, with it parked behind the broke down car, with their lights on, creating an even bigger obstacle, for the other drivers to have to go around. Don't the PoPo realize, if they stood up when they were eating those powered doughnut, they wouldn't get so much on themselves. I guess they figure it will make it look like they're doing something, plus they get to call one of their buddies to do the tow, not to infir, they get greased.
Detective Girllee

New York, NY

#5 Oct 2, 2011
I'm on the case don't worry as soon as I figure out where Strub put the dirt I'll get to the bottom of this.
Martin

Kingston, PA

#6 Oct 2, 2011
Detective Girllee wrote:
I'm on the case don't worry as soon as I figure out where Strub put the dirt I'll get to the bottom of this.
With all the rain the dirt washed down the river. I guess the dam he built with all those trees he cut down, couldn't hold beck the forces of mother nature.
Adam Resnick

Lehighton, PA

#7 Oct 15, 2011
I was over at Jigger's Store and heard that Michael Labyak had the car out while doing a ride along and hit something up on Kattner's Mountain
JIM THORPE taxpayer

Lehighton, PA

#8 Oct 17, 2011
People seem to forget that that every time a title transfer takes place in the county and it some what above the assesment price they reaped the benifits of the districts on the aprasails. that meant anyone buying a house and it was reassed the district county and borough got a increase in their tax revenue. wait until next year with the way the housing market is now. that money won't be comming in then see what happens?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lehighton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man charged after standoff : The Morning Call O... (Mar '07) 17 hr Turkmenistan 12
Panther Valley News (Jul '14) Wed still a panther fan 1,857
News Palmerton Area teachers say no to report (Jun '07) Jan 12 Jack Mayhoffer 45
Lost dog Jan 3 Vlossak 1
News Two girls hit by car in Tamaqua, flown to hospital (Jun '16) Dec 23 I feel sorry 4 U 10
David DeMelfi & Joey "Skinny Joey" Merlino (Feb '16) Dec '16 The Donald 25
Review: 443 Auto Sales (Dec '08) Dec '16 Karma 44

Lehighton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lehighton Mortgages