Woman is slain; husband arrested

Woman is slain; husband arrested

There are 16 comments on the deseretnews.com story from Jan 7, 2008, titled Woman is slain; husband arrested. In it, deseretnews.com reports that:

A 35-year-old man allegedly shot and killed his wife Sunday morning on her 30th birthday in a Lehi church parking lot.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at deseretnews.com.

No Problem

Taylorsville, UT

#1 Jan 7, 2008
Wow, trouble in Paradise.

Now, will they still spend time and eternity with each other and be one big happy family?

Do you think anyone sang Happy Birthday?

Shame, really.
falasha

Hood River, OR

#2 Jan 7, 2008
Why does the church never confront the issue of violence against women. And if women bring it up they are feminazis or man haters. why?
Will Mitt Win

Taylorsville, UT

#3 Jan 7, 2008
Think of those women killed everyday in Africa.
Really

Draper, UT

#4 Jan 9, 2008
falasha wrote:
Why does the church never confront the issue of violence against women. And if women bring it up they are feminazis or man haters. why?
Talk to different people about this issue if that is what you think...not true...
falasha

Hood River, OR

#6 Jan 9, 2008
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk to different people about this issue if that is what you think...not true...
What is not true? Violence against women? What different kinds of people should I speak to?

Did I just prove my point?
Mitt Lost

Taylorsville, UT

#7 Jan 9, 2008
read up on the RS Sister Beck and what her thoughts are on LDS women and their place in society. So much for women's lib and the burning bra movement.

http://wuapinmon.blogspot.com/2007/11/lds-pos...

http://www.lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,...

http://thesoupkitchenrec.blogspot.com/2007/11...

See, the LDS faith believes that YM and YW should get married ASAP after homeboy gets back from his mission and start making babies. The women are also there to spread thier legs for their man at his beck and call. He place in the home, not the workplace. You should see the wages the women make in the workplace in proportion to the men in Utah.
falasha

Hood River, OR

#8 Jan 9, 2008
Mitt Lost wrote:
read up on the RS Sister Beck and what her thoughts are on LDS women and their place in society. So much for women's lib and the burning bra movement.
http://wuapinmon.blogspot.com/2007/11/lds-pos...
http://www.lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,...
http://thesoupkitchenrec.blogspot.com/2007/11...
See, the LDS faith believes that YM and YW should get married ASAP after homeboy gets back from his mission and start making babies. The women are also there to spread thier legs for their man at his beck and call. He place in the home, not the workplace. You should see the wages the women make in the workplace in proportion to the men in Utah.
Yes, I think they are like Muslims but without the violence? Do they kill their spouses at the same rate as Americans on the whole? I know sex abuse is rampant because women have no power.
Where is Mohan

Taylorsville, UT

#9 Jan 9, 2008
So, did everyone have a nice FHE?

Shall we all sing a go 'round of Called to Serve?

Or, how about Love At Home?

I think it fits the theme of the thread.

What do you think Green?

(Wow Green, I must be an Ex-Mormon to know these songs and how they fit into this thread, right?)
Vollick Meiele

Dillon, SC

#10 Jan 10, 2008
The Church confronts the issue of violence against women every General Conference in priesthood meeting, and every time that D&C 121 is read aloud in a class. Violence against anyone is wrong: woman, child, or man.

Mitt Lost, if my wife wanted to work, she could. She has a masters degree in market research; she could earn more than I can, but she chooses to stay home to benefit our children. It sounds like you are jaded/got a raw deal. You cannot judge the Church as a whole based off your own limited experiences.

Also, my wife doesn't exist solely to spread her legs at my beck and call. We have what's known as a healthy relationship. You linked to my blog, but did you even read it?
I miss Mohan

United States

#12 Jan 20, 2008
Hmmm, does she spread her lips then?

Thankfully my limited experience with the church was only my youth. Imagine being like my poor parents and siblings who actually participate in the crap their whole life? Wow. Very sad indeed.

I bet Mom still spreads her legs at Pops whim. Sister Beck of the RS says so.
Vollick Meiele

Dillon, SC

#13 Jan 21, 2008
I miss Mohan.

If I ask very nicely.
I wonder

United States

#14 Jan 21, 2008
How does it feel when when you get that bloated feeling in your gut and you know you have to explode into a toilet but you cannot do it during the blessing of the Sacrament?

Since: Feb 08

Brisbane

#15 Feb 6, 2008
falasha wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I think they are like Muslims but without the violence? Do they kill their spouses at the same rate as Americans on the whole? I know sex abuse is rampant because women have no power.
Please visit my blog http://magicwomanhood.blogspot.com and find out what we as Latter-day Saints believe about women and their role in society before making assumptions
glass ceiling

Auburn, CA

#16 Feb 6, 2008
Mitt Lost wrote:
....You should see the wages the women make in the workplace in proportion to the men in Utah.
Ummmm.... in case you haven't noticed....

You should see the wages the women make in the workplace in proportion to the men ALL OVER THE ENTIRE WORLD.

This is not a Utah-based problem, in case you were confused about the issue.
your mother

Auburn, CA

#17 Feb 6, 2008
I miss Mohan wrote:
Hmmm, does she spread her lips then?
Thankfully my limited experience with the church was only my youth. Imagine being like my poor parents and siblings who actually participate in the crap their whole life? Wow. Very sad indeed.
I bet Mom still spreads her legs at Pops whim. Sister Beck of the RS says so.
Wow, what a derogatory statement to be making about your own mother.

It's sad really, and thankfully, your identity is concealed in this forum.

If your parents read that, they'd probably feel sick to hear you speaking about them in public in such a manner.
BigLove

Spring, TX

#18 Jul 25, 2008
Blood atonement?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lehi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
3yr old girl-- Adoption? Jul '17 six string sing 1
3yr old girl Jul '17 six string sing 2
News Microphone cut after Mormon girl reveals she's ... Jul '17 CuRfyis 6
How to Transfer Contacts from Samsung Note to i... (Jan '17) Jun '17 janofsky 5
Android Data Recovery-Restore Deleted Contacts ... (Jul '15) Jun '17 janofsky 8
Transfer Contacts from Galaxy J1/J2/J3/J5/J7 to... (Jan '17) Jun '17 janofsky 2
Discrete location for hook up Jun '17 Jake from Statefarm 1

Lehi Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lehi Mortgages