How to retrieve deleted text messages...

How to retrieve deleted text messages from iPhone 5/4S/4/3GS ?

Posted in the Lehi Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Ugochukwu Chimeziri

Scranton, PA

#2 May 8, 2013
To retrieve a deleted SMS is to restore the phone to a time when the SMS was backed up, if it was. You have the choice to either restore the device to that backup, which will result in everything you have done since that backup to be lost, or if the SMS is in the backup, you could download an iPhone backup extraction software. Google for some choices.

Since: Jul 13

Singapore, Singapore

#11 Jul 17, 2013
The best way to retrieve deleted data like text message from iPhone 5/4s/4/3GS is to use some data recovery software. A good one is Asoftech Data Recovery. You can download the software from

You may also try this iPhone data recovery tool

hope that you find it easy to recover deleted text message from iPhone.

Orange, CA

#14 Jul 24, 2013
Do not panic. There can be some solutions for you.
first of all, you can use a data recovery tool for iPhone to recover that.
Myjad is the right tool for you to recover lost data from iPhone. The recovered data can be photos & videos, music, contacts, SMS, call logs, notes, memos and calendars, even Safari bookmarks.

Here is the step by step guide for how to recover text message from iPhone.

See more at

Since: Jun 13

New York, NY

#16 Jul 25, 2013
In fact, when the data loss happens, don't be too panic. There is a way for you to quickly recover call history on iphone 5 for mac & windows.

Read more:http://www.ios-recovery.c om/how-to/how-to-recover-delet ed-contacts-from-iphone.html

Location hidden

#18 Aug 2, 2013
If you have synced your iPhone with iTunes before, then you can recover deleted text messages from iTunes backup directly. But if not, you may need 3rd party software, like EaseUS MobiSaver free, it is a free and easy-to-use tool, here is the guide..

Chicago, IL

#19 Aug 4, 2013
Hodo iPhone Data Recovery helps you recover lost data from iPhone, whether you have iTunes backup or not. The recovered data can be photos & videos, music, contacts, messages, SMS, notes, camera roll, Safari bookmarks and more.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#24 Aug 14, 2013
You may follow this step by step iphone data recovery guide that helped me before

New Delhi, India

#28 Aug 23, 2013
On 19th aug, I accidentally deleted some very important sms's from a friend whom i have been texting for years. I have an iphone 3GS. While taking backup from Itunes, I am unable to recover the deleted sms's since the itunes is not reflecting any old backup. It is only reflecting the backup I took after my sms got deleted i.e on 19th aug. Can u pls help in recovering my sms's which mean the WORLD to me.

#34 Sep 9, 2013
It is easy to recover deleted texts from iPhone with iPhone text message recovery. Read more about recovering deleted or lost iPhone text messages at:

#40 Oct 21, 2013
To retrieve deleted text messages from iPhone 5S,iPhone 5C, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S and more iPhone , you have two solutions in general:
1. If you have an iTunes backup, you can restore iPhone lost data such as text messages, contacts, photos and so on from iTunes free.
To restore from iTunes backup, you need to launch iTunes on the computer and go to iTunes>Preferences>Devic es. You will see a window with all of your backups listed on it.

2. If you don't have an iTunes or iCloud backup, don't worry. Use some more powerful data recovery especially designed for iPhone. Try Tenorsahre iPhone text messages recovery:

Since: Oct 13

Phoenix, AZ

#42 Oct 31, 2013
You can do as the follow:
Step 1. Connect iPhone to PC or Mac, Run the App and Enter into DFU Mode.
If you never backup your iPhone to iTunes or your iOS devices was not stolen, this solution is really available for you to get back all of your iPhone files directly and effectively. Install and run Vibosoft iTunes Data Recovery to your computer or Mac, then connect your iPhone to computer via USB cable.
Note: Use this mode, you need to set your iPhone into DFU mode before scanning, learn how to enter DUF mode,
(step 1): Open iTunes and connect your iPhone.
(step 2): Hold the power button and home button for 15 seconds simultaneously.
(step 3): Release the home button and continue holding the power button until the apply logo screen appears.
Step 2. Scan iPhone, List the Found Files, Privew and Start to Recover.
After you entered DFU mode successfully, this program will scan your iPhone automatically, after a few seconds, all of your iPhone files will be sorted in well-organized categories as contacts, photos, Camera Roll, Video, Text Messages, and Call History etc. you can preview and select as you want. You can also recover all items by clicking the "Check Box" at the left side. Then click the "Recover" to recover deleted SMS from iPhone to save on your computer.
More solution:

Irving, TX

#46 Nov 25, 2013
If you backed up your SMS before, there is chance to get them back. To do the recovery, you can try iOrgsoft Data Recovery ( ), this program can help you selective extract the text messages from your backup files. Only three steps can achieve this.
Step 1. choose the recovery mode
After run this program, select the third mode iPhone iTunes Data Recovery
Step 2. Scan back up files
All backup files will be detected, select the ones you need to recover.
Step 3. Preview and recover
At last, hit Recovery button to recover the SMS messages you need.

Read more on :

Los Angeles, CA

#47 Nov 26, 2013
This is the easy guide to recover deleted files from iPhone:

Walnut, CA

#48 Dec 5, 2013
how to retrieve deleted message?this is a common question for us iPhone user. i usually use a software,called EaseUs Mobisaver to help me with this.
you know, we can't predict the deleted message will be so important for us.
the software i recommend is free in charge and easy to operate. with only three steps you can get your deleted text messages from iPhone 5/4S/4/3GS : Scan - Preview - Export.
For best recovery quality, following the tips would be helpful in any data lost circumstances. Please donít add new data and sync itunes bakup to device before you recover the lost data. During scanning and recovering, try two recovery model (recover from Device and iTunes Backup),you could scan and recover the best and the most.
anyway, hope it helps.

Walnut, CA

#49 Dec 5, 2013

Los Angeles, CA

#50 Dec 10, 2013
Thanks very much. Kvisoft Data Recovery would recover data from iPhone backup. Here is the guide:
Courtney Melinda Lee

Irving, TX

#51 Dec 16, 2013
If you have backup your photos to the iTunes, it is much easier to recover the lost photos, you just need this data recovery to extract the photos from your iTunes backup files. It is very easy to do.
Step 1. run the data recovery software
Step 2. after the software detect your iTunes backup files, select the one you need to recovery
step 3. scan the backup files, preview and recover them.
for details, refer:

Since: Dec 13

Location hidden

#53 Dec 30, 2013
I suggest that you use some data recovery software, Asoftech Data recovery is good, you can download it from

You may also refer to this youtube guide

Here's some blog which may be useful

Los Angeles, CA

#58 Feb 24, 2014
I know the stadard deletion on iPhone handset can't actually delete the messages. Some advanced recovery tool can retrieve them in some way. So when I decided to resell my iPhone 4, I searched and founded that there are many third-party software on the market. One of my friend told me that try the Myjad iTunes Backup Extractor. I used it with the highest data-erasing level, so it suprisely worked. If you want to recover deleted text messages on iPhone, you can just a try.
Check more form here:

Guangzhou, China

#59 Feb 27, 2014
- Open i-tunes on your computer that you sync it to
- Plug in your phone to the computer
- open "Address book" window's address book program. Kinda lame, but it works. Its under start-programs-accessories
- Back to iTunes, click on the phone icon on the left
- Click on the Info, and under "Contacts" (the first one) check "sync contacts from" and then pick "Windows address book" from the drop down menu
- Click all contacts
- Then at the bottom right of iTunes, click "Sync" It will ask you if you want to merge or replace. Make sure you select "MERGE" or it will delete your contacts on the phone.

Thats it, check your Windows Address Book and everything should be there. All the numbers and emails that you have put so much time into adding to your phone. Pretty nice. So, from now on, if you add contacts to the phone it will back up to the Computer and the Computer's Address book (if changed) adds new contacts. Hope this helps.
Know more: iphone-ipad-ipod-recovery.html

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lehi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
discreet sex Nov 15 nabed 1
Confession (Feb '15) Nov 15 nabed 6
Debate: Marijuana - American Fork, UT (Sep '10) Nov 1 Boatmn810 14
Android Data Recovery-Restore Deleted Contacts ... Oct 28 karensavana 5
Lone Peak High School Oct '15 Dominant 3
Someplace like Quilted Bear? Oct '15 LookingForABooth 1
Morning sex? Oct '15 Descretefun1 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lehi Mortgages