Dinosaur bones sold at auction

Dinosaur bones sold at auction

There are 8 comments on the Newsday story from Mar 20, 2009, titled Dinosaur bones sold at auction. In it, Newsday reports that:

Channel your inner Barney Rubble at this prehistoric sell-off. The skeletons of a diminutive dinosaur, a wooly mammoth and a 20-foot-long marine lizard are among the fossils that will be bid on at the Natural History Auction in Manhattan .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Get Real

United States

#1 Mar 20, 2009
With internet access to any subject in the world, its no wonder museum's are hurting. No one has time to walk around anymore.
Jimmy Crack Corn

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Mar 20, 2009
I'll sell ya a bone...real cheap.

Since: Jul 08

Melbourne, Australia

#3 Mar 20, 2009
Do you know you can't buy meteorite any more?
It automatically belongs to anyone within the scientific community who asks for it. I'm thinking the same should apply to fossils.

“I don't exist:youve gone crazy”

Since: Aug 08

Australia

#4 Mar 21, 2009
Why? What's so special about meteorites? And what defines the scientific community and 'asks'?

Melbourne, Australia

#5 Mar 22, 2009
Well, if you have a Phd & a reputable scientific history, you ask for a specific meteorite & it is given over to you. It's an entirely qualitative thing.

Australia

#6 Mar 23, 2009
Fair enough. Except that seemingly good men have ended up selling them for high profits, or if they haven't, they run the possibility of doing it in the future. May I remind you of that Indian doctor in Queensland?

Brighton, Australia

#7 Mar 23, 2009
I probably should rephrase that,
They lend it to the Phd person.
Do remind me about the Queensland doctor.

Australia

#8 Mar 24, 2009
The surgeon who was responsoble for the deaths of heaps of people, Dr. Patel or something.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lehi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Strange green foam bubbles out of storm drain, ... 3 hr wichita-rick 5
findagrave ancestry Sat RubyRed OrButterf... 1
Android Data Recovery-Restore Deleted Contacts ... (Jul '15) May '16 Kolpoiu 7
Romney Picks Anti-Christ Paul Ryan as V. President May '16 small water pro 2
Why would you hire a property manager? Apr '16 -jayson- 2
How to retrieve deleted text messages from iPho... (May '13) Apr '16 davvveven 44
The simply way to convert WLMP to MP4, MOV, AVI... (Dec '15) Apr '16 Shally_evan 3

Lehi Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lehi Mortgages