Why r there no jobs for teenagers??

Why r there no jobs for teenagers??

Posted in the Leesville Forum

Sasha

Lufkin, TX

#1 Mar 20, 2013
I have often wondered why there are so many lazy teens without work. Well now I know! My daughter is a very mature 17 yr old who will graduate in May and is unemployed. Why??? Because she isn't 18. Everywhere she goes to apply they tell her she MUST be 18!
Blessmyheart

Leesville, LA

#2 Mar 20, 2013
Sasha wrote:
I have often wondered why there are so many lazy teens without work. Well now I know! My daughter is a very mature 17 yr old who will graduate in May and is unemployed. Why??? Because she isn't 18. Everywhere she goes to apply they tell her she MUST be 18!
Tell her to enjoy the next few months until she's 18, because she will have the rest of her life to work!
Youknowme

United States

#3 Mar 20, 2013
Government regulations regarding the hiring of anyone younger than 18 are VERY strict. Most businesses will shy away from minors for this reason.
Word

Leesville, LA

#4 Mar 20, 2013
Youknowme wrote:
Government regulations regarding the hiring of anyone younger than 18 are VERY strict. Most businesses will shy away from minors for this reason.
Fox's would probably hire her. Very nice people and great work environment I have heard.
Sasha

Lufkin, TX

#5 Mar 20, 2013
It's just rough when mom and dad have to pay for everything and u have a person wanting to work so bad but isn't allowed!
Sasha

Lufkin, TX

#6 Mar 20, 2013
Word wrote:
<quoted text>Fox's would probably hire her. Very nice people and great work environment I have heard.
She applied there about a mth ago but they don't have any openings

“Sneaking up on you”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#7 Mar 20, 2013
If she wants to work that bad let her sign up for the armed services, if she is that smart she could be anything .
mr rogers
#8 Mar 20, 2013
i guess the last few years have changed or maybe its just leesville. i had my first job at 12 but was paid cash.. at 14 i was hired at pizza hut. at 16 whatburger, 17 bonaza, 18 a computer service center for 6 months from there went into retail for 6 years. my child also had her first job at 16 but in a real city. i think it just happens to be location. fort polk hires teens and i know a few teens who work in de ridder. i think its just location being a small small town.
Sasha

United States

#9 Mar 20, 2013
Mr Rogers I have lived in Leesville my whole life and I too started working at 15. I worked the entire time I was in high school. Guess times have def changed from the early 90's cause all of my 16-17 yr old friends had jobs!
tired of u b'n negative

Leesville, LA

#10 Mar 20, 2013
Sasha wrote:
I have often wondered why there are so many lazy teens without work. Well now I know! My daughter is a very mature 17 yr old who will graduate in May and is unemployed. Why??? Because she isn't 18. Everywhere she goes to apply they tell her she MUST be 18!
Try Ranch House....or Movie Theatre...Nichols Dept....
Sasha

United States

#11 Mar 21, 2013
[QUOTE who="tired of u b'n negative"]<quoted text>
Try Ranch House....or Movie Theatre...Nichols Dept....[/QUOTE]
Nichols u have to be 18 and Ranch House only works a person 3-4 hours a day. That's not worth her long drive to town.
PRUDENTIBUS

Leesville, LA

#12 Mar 21, 2013
The movie theater will hire her. Also, fast food places in town will too. There is work for teens they just have to be willing to do it.
On the other side of that, the economy is bad right now so that hurts all job seekers. Even adults are having it rough.
Ghostsniper is right in that the military, especially the airforce or navy, would be a good place for her to start too.
Tell her to keep her head held high. If shes as good a kid as you say she is, people will recognize her quality and, if its available, give her a good job. Also tell her that there are those of us who are proud of her for having a good work ethic. That seems to be a rarity amongst teens nowadays.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#13 Mar 25, 2013
Sasha wrote:
I have often wondered why there are so many lazy teens without work. Well now I know! My daughter is a very mature 17 yr old who will graduate in May and is unemployed. Why??? Because she isn't 18. Everywhere she goes to apply they tell her she MUST be 18!
Catfish junction , papa johns , the snow cone stands , McDonald's and anyone paying cash will hire her , and like that one person said , let her enjoy the hell outta 17 because its not gonna last long enough I promise
Sasha

Lufkin, TX

#14 Apr 9, 2013
So my daughter went for an interview at a local restaurant and they hired her on the spot and told her to text the manager on Fri to get her schedule. Well that was 3 weeks ago and he has yet to put her on the schedule. Bad thing is too that she has to text him at least 4 times before he will even reply. She actually called the restaurant and had to ask for him today to see if he had her on the schedule to work. Of course he said no not this week but he wd try to work her next week. What's wrong with people???

“Sneaking up on you”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#15 Apr 9, 2013
Sasha wrote:
So my daughter went for an interview at a local restaurant and they hired her on the spot and told her to text the manager on Fri to get her schedule. Well that was 3 weeks ago and he has yet to put her on the schedule. Bad thing is too that she has to text him at least 4 times before he will even reply. She actually called the restaurant and had to ask for him today to see if he had her on the schedule to work. Of course he said no not this week but he wd try to work her next week. What's wrong with people???
so what restaurant was it so that I can not go there, but I really don't go to any here in town as they all in my eyes suck, not only in menu selection also in the cost of what they have.

Can't see paying $30 for a $5 steak and it's not even well cooked.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Law Is The Law 3 hr Driiv55 64
bars Nov 21 Larry 13
Alabama VS Louisiana Nov 19 Tigger 1
Sgt. James Martin Highway Nov 18 Joe Stalin 2
University Parkway Nov 17 What Gives 2
She's A Real Mother Trucker Nov 17 King Ranch 1
Democrats are a convicts best friend Nov 14 Smokey Joe 33

Leesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Leesville Mortgages