New llano speed trap!!!!!
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
easy

Leesville, LA

#46 Jun 17, 2013
havemercy wrote:
<quoted text>Rather than patrol their own streets and get speeders, they prey off those passing by. Most likely those on the state highway don't vote there and less likely to appear at the kangaroo court, therefore they pay the fine and thats the end of it. Boswell don't want to make too many voters in New Llano mad at him. LOL
Glad to see your back. Now I don't have far to go to read ficton.
Huh what did you say

Welsh, LA

#47 Jun 18, 2013
The New LLano Town hall was built with a grant and a twenty year loan through Merchant and Farmers Bank. New Llano does not have a jail. They have two holding cells in the police department side.
The Mayor is the Judge of Mayor's Court which is allowed under the Larson Act. The town applied for this through the State of Louisiana and was approved by the State Legislature. If you plead not guilty to a violation than you go to trial. If the mayor or magistrate finds you guilty, you have the right to appeal it the 30th Judicial Court. You do not have to have an attorney. To avoid a ticket DO NOT SPEED. Yes the town was part of an investigation in 80's The FBI came and cleaned every one out that was involved and most if not all are now deceased. If you are going to talk about the residents, please do the minimum amount of investigation of your facts. The reason the police are patrolling the Hwy heavily lately is because there has been a minimum of THREE accidents a day because people do not show human courtesy to others. Slow down, think about your safety and others.
ALA

Leesville, LA

#48 Jul 8, 2013
I'm a Soldier, and I own a home in New Llano. I've been here for three years, and I've never gotten a speeding ticket. I see people pulled over almost everyday. There's not doubt that New Llano has a reputation for being a speed trap. If you speed through the town, then you're a dumbass and asking for a ticket. Soldier or not. I'm glad that the police are constantly out trolling around...it forces people to drive slow and keeps my kids safe. What pisses me off is the lack of sidewalks, and the dilapidated trailer park that's owned by the Mayor that's only a couple of blocks down the road from my $185,000 house! I really hate driving past a nasty run down trailer park everyday.
The Truth

Leesville, LA

#49 Aug 2, 2013
I can honestly tell you from personal experience. New Llano Police Department ought to be ashamed of itself. They are crooked just like the town. I am from Louisiana and I am sad to even mention New Llano. The soldiers are correct it is a speed trap. Freddie Boswell is a crook and has always been too busy messing with women even when his wife was living. He is a pervert. In fact, he is currently going with one of the city employees who is on 40 years old. People can try to defend Freddie Boswell and New Llano's crooked politics, but GOD knows and believe it or not they will pay for the things that they do. Where is the integrity? Honestly, they need some training on professional ethics.
frog

United States

#50 May 14, 2014
Who has a ticket that wasnt even speeding I call bull ... no one in jail ever did anything right. The entire state of louisiana is a speed trap. Every little town patrols for speeders. Its what they do. True in other states they don't do it as much and do it more in school zones and around road workers but they all do it if they didnt we would all be driving 95 and crashing cause honestly ppl are stupid .
thewolf

United States

#51 Sep 1, 2014
We should be like texas 70 plus miles leaving a town at 45 is crazy coming towards is fine
ben hardy

Dallas, TX

#52 Jun 21, 2015
I ask the police department for a ride home to in which they are suppose to protect and serve but they told me hell no i am confusse right now
Mr Charlie

Carencro, LA

#53 Jun 21, 2015
ben hardy wrote:
I ask the police department for a ride home to in which they are suppose to protect and serve but they told me hell no i am confusse right now
Who took you to where you were ? Get that guy to carry you home. Are you unconfussed now ? Dummass. LOL !
Lake Street

Leesville, LA

#54 Jul 13, 2015
It is only a trap if you don't have some political pull! Police member Haymon ran from the New Llano police and did not get a ticket !
woohah

Deridder, LA

#55 Oct 23, 2015
I got a speeding ticket yesterday, and I speed up over 10m over but thats because I passed someone doing 45mph on 55mph speed limit on the road in new llano. then this cop pulled me over telling me I was going 69. This cop obviously is bored that day and saw me then stopped me. Thanks new llano. Im leaving this state!
Mr Charlie

Carencro, LA

#56 Oct 23, 2015
woohah wrote:
I got a speeding ticket yesterday, and I speed up over 10m over but thats because I passed someone doing 45mph on 55mph speed limit on the road in new llano. then this cop pulled me over telling me I was going 69. This cop obviously is bored that day and saw me then stopped me. Thanks new llano. Im leaving this state!
GOOD !

Haul yerass !

Just don't do it TOO FAST !

LOLOL !
Turd Ferguson

Frisco, TX

#57 Oct 24, 2015
woohah wrote:
I got a speeding ticket yesterday, and I speed up over 10m over but thats because I passed someone doing 45mph on 55mph speed limit on the road in new llano. then this cop pulled me over telling me I was going 69. This cop obviously is bored that day and saw me then stopped me. Thanks new llano. Im leaving this state!
Goodbye!
Mr Charlie

Carencro, LA

#59 Oct 24, 2015
oh ok wrote:
I am glad to see NL PD with better equipment and increasingly professionally trained force. Having the resources and revenue necessary Chief Hunt is doing a great job
6661

Lemme tell'yah sumpin'.......

The WRONG guy got the ticket. Here's what was REALLY goin' on.....

"Impeding traffic is typically defined as when not operating a vehicle reasonably, so that it blocks the normal flow of traffic. It is used in cases where a person is blocking an intersection or DRIVING TOO SLOW and causing a traffic jam."

So, its total hours eshit because these idiot slow drivers are RAMPANT in NL and they should be passing out tickets by the handfuls to 'em.

Case closed.
Riddler

Leesville, LA

#60 Oct 24, 2015
Mr Charlie wrote:
<quoted text>
6661
Lemme tell'yah sumpin'.......
The WRONG guy got the ticket. Here's what was REALLY goin' on.....
"Impeding traffic is typically defined as when not operating a vehicle reasonably, so that it blocks the normal flow of traffic. It is used in cases where a person is blocking an intersection or DRIVING TOO SLOW and causing a traffic jam."
So, its total hours eshit because these idiot slow drivers are RAMPANT in NL and they should be passing out tickets by the handfuls to 'em.
Case closed.
?
Stanley Fletcher

Leesville, LA

#61 Oct 25, 2015
It's Not Just Leesville/Vernon

The idea that a money grab is going on in Louisiana is not new. Today's (Oct. 25th) article about fees being used to cover budge shortfalls is statewide. Because Louisiana is 48th in taxation, municipal, parish, and state governments use fees and fines to balance their budgets. Police have crossed the line from making our streets safe to raising revenue. We now have a regressive tax because political/economic leaders can avoid paying fees and fines. The Stelly Plan tried to move Louisiana from a regressive tax state to a progressive tax state to ease the tax load on the poor and our leadership fought him and won.
Mr Charlie

Carencro, LA

#62 Oct 25, 2015
JSYK, the other way to avoid fees and fines is to follow traffic regulations to the letter.

There is nothing a traffic cop hates worse than a driver who follows the rules. Grin when you see 'em as you go past doing the exact speed limit.

You know, if every driver was very fastidious about driving within the rules for just a couple of months, you could actually break a lot of cities' budgets.

Wouldn't that be great ?

And then they'd have to lay-off all those assho le traffic cops, too.

LOL !
Mr Charlie

Carencro, LA

#63 Oct 25, 2015
You know, a LOT of these cities are so dependant on traffic fines to cover their budgets that, if drivers could get organizized and cut off that money, we could actually bankrupt these places. It's a completely regressive taxation against regular working stiffs the way they jack up the costs for very minor infractions to where it costs the average guy hundreds of dollars for basically just a driving error.

You know, like, have a bright orange bumper sticker, to show solidarity. Something like Drivers Against Ticket Abuse, or something. It needs to spell out something "catchy" and rememberable.

I'd put one on.
Stanley Fletcher

Leesville, LA

#64 Oct 25, 2015
Mr Charlie wrote:
JSYK, the other way to avoid fees and fines is to follow traffic regulations to the letter.
There is nothing a traffic cop hates worse than a driver who follows the rules. Grin when you see 'em as you go past doing the exact speed limit.
You know, if every driver was very fastidious about driving within the rules for just a couple of months, you could actually break a lot of cities' budgets.
Wouldn't that be great ?
And then they'd have to lay-off all those assho le traffic cops, too.
LOL !
You are wrong. I was given a citation for running a red light when the other driver ran the light. The officer said because there was no witness, I received the ticket because the other driver traveled farther in the intersection, even thought he ran the light. Many tickets by cops are unjust.
Mr Charlie

Carencro, LA

#65 Oct 25, 2015
I know, there will always be freak unavoidable circumstances but, the number of them wouldn't support the kind of budgets these crooked city halls have to pay for on the backs of hapless motorists. We can starve the beast and get retribution for years and years of public abuse if we just be extra careful, though.

And, no, I am not trying to say you are a freak, or nothing. I really don't actually care how freaky you are, just so long as you don't get a ticket for it.

LOL !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election for Mayor around the corner??? 1 hr You know it 89
New tenets of Industrial Park 11 hr You know it 2
Dr donovan's license suspended Thu Immigration 27
Stupid Is As Stupid Does Thu JoeUhs Ark 3
He said what Thu Yep 2
Calvin Stubbs Thu Leesvillechick 1
Police Blotter Wed BadDayJose 185

Leesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Leesville Mortgages