Mentally Challenged Log Truck Drivers

Posted in the Leesville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bighonkinlog

United States

#1 Feb 15, 2013
Ok, time for some remediation for log truck drivers...slow down when driving through the traffic circle. Remember when you always said in science class, when am I ever gonna use this stuff???? Welllll, you are driving a large vehicle with an even higher center of gravity. You drive too fast through a curve, you roll...get it...I know, I know, they should have made it easier for you to go around the turn at full speed, yes, the world revolves around log truck drivers and everybody picks on you! Is it really worth getting to the yard 3.5 seconds quicker or suffer the embarrassment, and potential of hurting yourself or others? Really. 3.5 seconds to 4 hours for cleanup? Have a coke and a smile.

Since: Sep 12

Jonesboro, AR

#2 Feb 15, 2013
IN MY OPINION!!!!! Leesville was just fine for years with it being a straight road,,, Why fix something that is not broke. Log trucks is not the only accidents in that circle,

Since: Feb 12

Leesville Louisiana

#3 Feb 15, 2013
Why fix it? Because there wasn't a Market Basket on the west side of the highway when it was a straight road! They had to make easy access to the grocery store. And if they'd left it like it was with a traffic light, when you people had to stop for a red light just to let people get into the Market Basket parking lot, you'd be bitching about that too!
Wolfpack family wrote:
IN MY OPINION!!!!! Leesville was just fine for years with it being a straight road,,, Why fix something that is not broke. Log trucks is not the only accidents in that circle,
crh0501

Leesville, LA

#4 Feb 15, 2013
What a stupids comment!! If you would pay attention to the circle you would notice that it is too small for one and it is sloped from the inside to the outside. Pay attention and research before you make a comment about something you obviously know nothing about.

Leesville Louisiana

#5 Feb 15, 2013
To whom is this oh-so-smart comment directed?
crh0501 wrote:
What a stupids comment!! If you would pay attention to the circle you would notice that it is too small for one and it is sloped from the inside to the outside. Pay attention and research before you make a comment about something you obviously know nothing about.
Bob B

Leesville, LA

#6 Feb 15, 2013
The circle is designed with an interior "roll over" curb. Large vehicles are to slow down and creep the rear axle up on the inner level, straightening out their line of travel..it works everywhere else in the world, but they must slow down for it to work.
Cajun injector

Leesville, LA

#7 Feb 15, 2013
F@ckin slow down to all you j@ck@sses and read the dang signs. There are stupid f@cks on the circle stopping to traffic that has to yield to them. PAY ATTENTION IDIOTS!
just me

Lufkin, TX

#8 Feb 15, 2013
Dumb a## design!! It was pure ignorant to make it that small. It should have just been a red light put up like a 4 way. Its just a matter of time before them high dollar light poles get taken out. They should just build a bypass and solve the problem.

Leesville Louisiana

#9 Feb 15, 2013
99.9% of the large trucks that go through the traffic circle don't have any problems.

Every truck accident in the circle has been a log truck. There have been no problems with 18-wheelers, which are considerably larger than log trucks.

But wait. That's right, semis and 18-wheelers have professionally TRAINED drivers instead of some snuff-dipping grade school dropout.

The bypass was purposely designed on a small scale for one reason: so you'd have to SLOW DOWN going through it. Duh.
Bighonkinlog

United States

#10 Feb 15, 2013
crh0501 wrote:
Forgive me for my stupids comment. I will type slower for you...S. L. O. W. D. O. W. N!

Is that better?
Bighonkinlog

United States

#11 Feb 15, 2013
bembh wrote:
99.9% of the large trucks that go through the traffic circle don't have any problems.
Every truck accident in the circle has been a log truck. There have been no problems with 18-wheelers, which are considerably larger than log trucks.
But wait. That's right, semis and 18-wheelers have professionally TRAINED drivers instead of some snuff-dipping grade school dropout.
The bypass was purposely designed on a small scale for one reason: so you'd have to SLOW DOWN going through it. Duh.
Agreed!

“Sneaking up on you”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#12 Feb 15, 2013
bembh wrote:
Wow pigs are flying and hell has frozzen, I agree with you 100%!!!

“Come on, really?”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#13 Feb 15, 2013
Ghostsniper389 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. I agree with BEMBH also - 100%.

Leesville Louisiana

#14 Feb 15, 2013
Next thing you know, the Pope will resign.

Oh, wait....
Ghostsniper389 wrote:
<quoted text>

“Come on, really?”

Location hidden

#15 Feb 15, 2013
Bob B wrote:
The circle is designed with an interior "roll over" curb. Large vehicles are to slow down and creep the rear axle up on the inner level, straightening out their line of travel..it works everywhere else in the world, but they must slow down for it to work.
And I agree with this also. I see so many folks that just dont understand when to yield, when to proceed and most of all, WHEN TO SLOW DOWN!

“Come on, really?”

Location hidden

#16 Feb 15, 2013
bembh wrote:
Why fix it? Because there wasn't a Market Basket on the west side of the highway when it was a straight road! They had to make easy access to the grocery store. And if they'd left it like it was with a traffic light, when you people had to stop for a red light just to let people get into the Market Basket parking lot, you'd be bitching about that too!<quoted text>
I personally thought the red light was more of a hazard. I seen so many people run the light going north on 171 and almost cause an accident. You are right, ppl are gonna bitch no matter what! It amazes me how people just dont understand how to negotiate a simple traffic circle (round-about)

“Come on, really?”

Location hidden

#17 Feb 15, 2013
bembh wrote:
Next thing you know, the Pope will resign.
Oh, wait....
<quoted text>
ROTL

“Come on, really?”

Location hidden

#18 Feb 15, 2013
+F

“Life after life does exist”

Since: Feb 11

~ all around ~

#20 Feb 16, 2013
I agree. Just wondering why the circle couldn't have been a little bigger in case loggers didn't follow the speed limit. I know of 4 logging trucks to turn over since it's been open, but my friend said it's the 6th.
bembh wrote:
Why fix it? Because there wasn't a Market Basket on the west side of the highway when it was a straight road! They had to make easy access to the grocery store. And if they'd left it like it was with a traffic light, when you people had to stop for a red light just to let people get into the Market Basket parking lot, you'd be bitching about that too!<quoted text>

“Life after life does exist”

Since: Feb 11

~ all around ~

#21 Feb 16, 2013
I agree.
AlwaysLurking wrote:
<quoted text>
I personally thought the red light was more of a hazard. I seen so many people run the light going north on 171 and almost cause an accident. You are right, ppl are gonna bitch no matter what! It amazes me how people just dont understand how to negotiate a simple traffic circle (round-about)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
things pisses you off about leesville (Jan '07) 6 hr Joe America 741
The New "Americans" 6 hr Joe America 7
Cheating Fri willy 109
Losin' Huson Fri havemercy 65
New Cop Thread Fri J Fn K 40
bars Fri two times 50
who will run Thu Havenomercy 5

Leesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance