First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Sneaking up on you”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#1 Apr 6, 2012
Does anyone remember that name, and the crime that took her life ?

I know that the person who was going to be asked about the crime shot his self, but was that it ?

Why did this crime just stop dead?

Because right after this death all the problems with Hickman started, and all investigations stop it seemed.

Why was the daughter of the victim not asked to make some kind of statement in the case and if she did, with her being there at the time of the crime why was she not charged if she refused to talked ?

I know you can't force someone to talk, but if your there and know something about the crime that killed your mother why would you not want to talk ?

Could it be that maybe there is more to this, or with the Hickman being such a bar hound at Las Mag for so many years could he have a connection with the daughter ?

Just was thinking about this crime, no big deal i guess as it looks that the LPD does not care too much about it.
Who Dat

Tishomingo, MS

#2 Apr 6, 2012
He had been known to occupy a table or bar stool there a time or two. What about his pedopholific tendencies too? He slithered his way outta that one too but anywho...i agree that Ms Lydia's case was pushed to the wayside and it wouldnt surprise me if he was nailing her daughter. This man is and has been sick and twisted since forever. This shit dont just change overnight either.
Jamesrosepine

Prattville, AL

#3 Apr 6, 2012
Who Dat wrote:
He had been known to occupy a table or bar stool there a time or two. What about his pedopholific tendencies too? He slithered his way outta that one too but anywho...i agree that Ms Lydia's case was pushed to the wayside and it wouldnt surprise me if he was nailing her daughter. This man is and has been sick and twisted since forever. This shit dont just change overnight either.
All the more reasons to tie him up and trim 'em close
Jamesrosepine

Prattville, AL

#4 Apr 6, 2012
What is the DA's stand on the case ?
Who Dat

Tishomingo, MS

#5 Apr 6, 2012
God only knows.

“Sneaking up on you”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#6 Apr 6, 2012
Come on the DA's office can not even put a murder trail on and win it, you think they are going to be able to bring this to court.

“Life after life does exist”

Since: Feb 11

~ all around ~

#7 Apr 6, 2012
I remember her murder. Never heard anything besides it was her daughter's boyfriend who did it, than he committed suicide when the cops showed up at his house.
Who Dat

Tishomingo, MS

#8 Apr 6, 2012
Yeah godforbid they do a complete and thorough investigation. They assumed the suicide ended it all.
enufalready

Westlake, LA

#9 Apr 6, 2012
If the guy who committed suicide actually was the killer -- and it's 99% certain that he was, I think he even confessed to his mother before he shot himself, then what's left to investigate? It would be a colossal waste of time, money and manpower to look for someone else as the killer if that someone else doesn't exist. And can any of you say for sure that the investigation officially ended with his suicide? For all you know, the investigation may have gone on for some time after that without any publicity before the case was closed. Assuming that it has been closed. Do any of you really know for sure, or are you just belly-aching because there's been no publicity?
Who Dat

United States

#10 Apr 6, 2012
You have said "do any of you really know" "the investigation may have gone on for sometime" "I think he even confessed to his mother, then whats left to investigate?"
I will stop there and save you shame because you are defending shit with no facts. You gave no facts. What if? What if? What if Robert Rose would left a company that would create 50 jobs occupy and lease a building at the industrial complex?
Publicity is not solving anything and wasnt the point. Following up and being sure every base was covered and questioning all involved was the point. You must be a retarded [email protected] too like bobby..or maybe you are bobby. Hmmmmm..a full investigation may turn this up. LoL! Shut up and sitdown!

Since: Nov 10

Leesville, LA

#11 Apr 6, 2012
there was another man at the scene. It was the uncle of the boyfriend. both men where in the bedroom at the time of the crime. the uncle has never been captured,and fled north after the boyfriend killed himself. I would think the uncle could be changed with multi felonies. i think the case still should be open. the uncle could be the real killer for all we know.
Who Dat

United States

#12 Apr 6, 2012
Well "the investigation may have gone on for some time" "i think he even confessed to his mother"
I think "whoever the dumbass is that typed under the pseudo enufalready is exactly that ...a dumbass. Just my take and any feedback is well appreciated.
Jamesrosepine

Prattville, AL

#13 Apr 6, 2012
leesville73 wrote:
there was another man at the scene. It was the uncle of the boyfriend. both men where in the bedroom at the time of the crime. the uncle has never been captured,and fled north after the boyfriend killed himself. I would think the uncle could be changed with multi felonies. i think the case still should be open. the uncle could be the real killer for all we know.
Interesting . Assisted suicide ?

Since: Nov 10

Leesville, LA

#14 Apr 6, 2012
Jamesrosepine wrote:
<quoted text> Interesting . Assisted suicide ?
no suicide. im just saying there were two men in the bedroom,when she was killed. one of them is dead, the other has never been questioned,about what happened. i dont think the family has the closure they deserve, due to the uncle is still out there.
Jamesrosepine

Prattville, AL

#15 Apr 6, 2012
leesville73 wrote:
<quoted text>no suicide. im just saying there were two men in the bedroom,when she was killed. one of them is dead, the other has never been questioned,about what happened. i dont think the family has the closure they deserve, due to the uncle is still out there.
The uncle's name ?
Jamesrosepine

Prattville, AL

#16 Apr 6, 2012
Hickman did request assistance from the DA ( at that time) for grand jury questioning. The State Police were consulted and lended some assistance- which is somewhat reassuring considering the circumstances.
enufalready

Lafayette, LA

#17 Apr 7, 2012
http://www.leesvilledailyleader.com/news/x379...

Read the article written at the time. There was enough evidence to bring Randall Batchelor, the one who committed suicide, to trial. And there was no physical evidence of a second perpetrator in the room.
Who Dat

United States

#18 Apr 7, 2012
And that was written by the leesville (once upon a time) daily leader. I need not say more.
enufalready

Lafayette, LA

#19 Apr 7, 2012
You need not say more for a whole bunch of reasons....
Who Dat wrote:
And that was written by the leesville (once upon a time) daily leader. I need not say more.

“Life after life does exist”

Since: Feb 11

~ all around ~

#21 Apr 7, 2012
Too bad we can't read the LDL comments.
enufalready wrote:
http://www.leesvilledailyleade r.com/news/x379974881/CLOSING- IN
Read the article written at the time. There was enough evidence to bring Randall Batchelor, the one who committed suicide, to trial. And there was no physical evidence of a second perpetrator in the room.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Rosepine police chief pleads guilty to b... (Sep '15) 3 hr Frank Gannon 11
TORNADO Hits Indiana, TRUMP HEADS TO A FUNDRAIS... 4 hr Joe Wednesday 11
Democrats Can't Win and Republicans Can't Lose 4 hr Joe Wednesday 13
Leesville, LA City Hall 5 hr Joe Wednesday 150
things pisses you off about leesville (Jan '07) Aug 22 Bubba 667
w.t.f. Dequincy. legalized polygamy? bigoted la... (Mar '15) Aug 20 havemercy 7
Green Tee Aug 17 Joe Friday 39

Leesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Leesville Mortgages