Booker Lewis House resturant

Posted in the Leesville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
justme

Georgetown, TX

#1 Mar 7, 2013
Has anyone else eaten here and not been satisfied? We ate there recently and the portions were skimpy to say the least and the food was kinda bland, especially for the prices!

“MANBEARPIG!!”

Since: Jan 11

Leesville

#2 Mar 7, 2013
I ate there recently for Valentine's day. I loved it! We both had the lamb with garlic mashed potatoes. I have never been displeased with anything from there.
ROUNDTUIT

Georgetown, TX

#4 Mar 8, 2013
Been there one time and the service was good!
Old war vet

Oklahoma City, OK

#5 Apr 10, 2013
Eaten there several times with the wife. Service is ALWAYS a problem. Food either takes forever or comes out incorrect. They claim to be upscale and fine dining although it's about the same quality as wagonmaster. I heard he pays his employees poorly hence the terrible service. I will
Never give them another dime.
hadEnuff

Leesville, LA

#6 Apr 10, 2013
ask Bobby Rose why he is selling beer,wine and mixed drinks across the street from a church. Oh I know he is the mayor and he can do no wrong.lmao. Just ask the city council members all but two kiss his A$$ at every meeting. But they need to know that they were voted in they can be voted out.

“Sneaking up on you”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#7 Apr 10, 2013
hadEnuff wrote:
ask Bobby Rose why he is selling beer,wine and mixed drinks across the street from a church. Oh I know he is the mayor and he can do no wrong.lmao. Just ask the city council members all but two kiss his A$$ at every meeting. But they need to know that they were voted in they can be voted out.
Just in case you did not know but when they run again they will be voted back into office because you dumb asses in town don't Fen vote, well no more then a few 100, when we have over 4,000 people in Leesville lol yeah that dog is not going to hunt and the crooks are going right back to doing what they how to do best, screw you !!!
sdmf

Lafayette, LA

#8 Apr 10, 2013
Are you talking about the Methodist church across 171? They have to be 100 feet apart, i believe they're far enough.
hadEnuff

Leesville, LA

#9 Apr 10, 2013
WRONG 300ft apart and he knows it. But he your mayor kiss his butt some more the church has been there much longer than his piece of SHIT BEER JOINT

“Sneaking up on you”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#10 Apr 10, 2013
sdmf wrote:
Are you talking about the Methodist church across 171? They have to be 100 feet apart, i believe they're far enough.
Really who gives a shit how close the bar is too the church, I mean come on the closer it is the less they have to drive to get to it and start drinking and it helps us sober drivers to stay safe.

This is another issue that can put to bed as this topic has been beat like a dead horse befor and they are still open, as long as you fools don't vote out the crooks !!!

But you will not and we will have this discusion until the Post cloes and the troops have all gone away and the log trucks kill all the fools driving into the dead city to get food from wal mart.

Since: Feb 12

Leesville Louisiana

#11 Apr 10, 2013
State law says they must be 300 feet apart, with ONE exception: A bona fide hotel is exempt from the law. And Booker-Lewis qualifies as a hotel. That's how he gets away with it.
sdmf wrote:
sdmf

Lafayette, LA

#12 Apr 11, 2013
hadEnuff wrote:
WRONG 300ft apart and he knows it. But he your mayor kiss his butt some more the church has been there much longer than his piece of SHIT BEER JOINT
Thanks for correcting me, i should have taken 10 seconds to Google it. You're super passionate about this, maybe you should go work for the ATC. They could use someone like you to fight the good fight. Boots on the ground policing all the beer joints.

“Life after life does exist”

Since: Feb 11

~ all around ~

#13 Apr 11, 2013
I have never been here because the friend who was taking me ended up getting a girlfriend and took her instead, lol.
sirone

Fort Polk, LA

#15 Apr 12, 2013
justme wrote:
Has anyone else eaten here and not been satisfied? We ate there recently and the portions were skimpy to say the least and the food was kinda bland, especially for the prices!
You are right on all accounts. It is kind-of-a rip off.Do like the people who know better, don't go back. I don't like walking thru the kitchen to go to the bathroom. That anit right.

“Life after life does exist”

Since: Feb 11

~ all around ~

#16 Apr 12, 2013
Wow, I will have to see that bathroom now, lol. That should not be allowed. How many fly away hairs and germs from customers sneezing or coughing while walking to the bathroom?
beenheretoolong

Leesville, LA

#17 Apr 15, 2013
I try to go a few times a month. Not like there is much in the way of choices here. It seems like everytime I go if I see Rose in there, everyone is on edge. I've also seen a new chef in there alot. He has quite a few noticeable tattoos. I've ordered the Surprise Me from him and gotten some very interesting, creative and delicious dishes. Its nice to have fresh face in there it seems. I might just have to go more when that new guy is there.
paine

Leesville, LA

#18 Apr 24, 2013
I'm not here to be political an change the subject like these other guys that TRY EVER STINKING CHANCE they get to put someone down. Specially if it's the mayor, or anyone that supports change in this city.

Booker Lewis for me, has always had amazing service and great food. If you were dissatisfied I would talk with them. I have never had a problem and the guy that said there food was on par with wagon disaster--- no way. You are way off on that point. NOT EVEN CLOSE!
paine

Leesville, LA

#19 Apr 24, 2013
Ps. With 20 hotel rooms to stay in, I'd say it's a hotel. :)
Fishingman

United States

#20 Apr 24, 2013
where is Booker Lewis house exactly?
DUH

Leesville, LA

#21 Apr 25, 2013
not tryin to be mean but you have internet so look it up

Since: Feb 12

Leesville Louisiana

#22 Apr 25, 2013
Ps. If you think Booker-Lewis has 20 hotel rooms, I'd say you are terribly misinformed. B-L House has FOUR guest rooms, not 20. My house has more guest rooms than that, but I don't qualify as a a"hotel."

This is from their website:
Guestrooms.
4 air-conditioned guestrooms at Booker-Lewis House feature ceiling fans and bathrobes. Beds come with premium bedding. These individually decorated rooms include desks. Bathrooms feature complimentary toiletries. Wireless Internet access is complimentary. Televisions have cable channels. Rooms also include irons/ironing boards and clock radios.
paine wrote:
Ps. With 20 hotel rooms to stay in, I'd say it's a hotel.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
police jury races 29 min Pershing Street 5
Donald Trump 51 min noyahnevagonnageddit 40
Breastfeeding in Local Establishments 11 hr Really 34
CJ Deters for Sheriff 21 hr Stopthevppolitica... 8
District Eight Police Jury 23 hr Pershing street 15
Local Effort Is Historic Jul 29 LVP 424
Karamatic look here Jul 28 Mr Charlie 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Leesville Mortgages