things pisses you off about leesville
me

United States

#617 Feb 10, 2013
Rusty wrote:
Oh, If you are military with family and have to go to Polk...stay on base. At least you already know its crap and dont have to deal with the poo outside. Thank God my 4 years there is done!!!!
Yeah, we are glad you're gone too.
me

United States

#619 Feb 10, 2013
Ron wrote:
Seems the only way Louisiana can get folks to live in their state is to force them to remain against their will as members of the Armed Forces
Someone please tell me this idiot is gone from our town.
me

United States

#621 Feb 10, 2013
ron wrote:
Hey Ron. With all due respect. If you don't like it.......git da f@@k out...... My tax Dollars are paying your a$$.. So if you need me to say it. then it is said. Git your crying little army a$$ out of here. Or shut da he11 up.
Trust me most of us are trying to get the F@@K out of this sh*thole of a town, but everytime they talk of closing the base, the local townsfolk whine like babies cause they will lose their cash cow. Most of the Army and the Spouses would leave your "redneck paradise" in a heartbeat if we could, but you see that is the only way they can repopulate your state after Katrina. Everyone who was there then left, realized how much better other places were (cause for many of em it was the first time they crawled out of the sewer of Louisiana into the light of day) and REFUSED to come back. So now Louisiana populates it's state with military personnel whom they hope will stay once they get out or retire.
Well good luck for that one, you see most military personnel aspire for a better life for their children and themselves than a redneck logger, t*tty bar dancer, or someone who runs a shop to rip off the cash of Soldiers and their families. You see those of us in the military aspire to do great things. Those in Leesville realize that being THERE is the only "great thing" they are capable of. Sorry your state sucks so bad, and even more sorry your too damned stupid to realize how bad it DOES SUCK!!!! Besides if you left it would be hard to breed with your own sister to produce more Leesvillites wouldn't it.
Cash cow?!! I'm laughing out loud. I hope your uneducated ass is gone.
me

United States

#624 Feb 10, 2013
dont get it twisted wrote:
Officer Duhon you are an a$$hole and I hope you get whats coming to you one day. You had no right talking to that little old lady like she done something wrong, she was just upset that her only vehicle was totaled. Officer Lopez you are a great and thourough officer. I appreciate all you done on that scene and getting all the facts without jumping to conclusions just because he has been in trouble before. He really was not in the wrong but I understand why noone was cited. Officer Charlie Lopez I will spread the news that if they need something done right in the city you are the man to call. He has got to be the only cop that I have ever dealt with, I have no criminal record, that was not condesending or flat out rude and even under the bad circumstances he made everyone feel okay. Those kids were really shook up and he was very patient and let them take their time to get themselves together to tell their sides of what happened. THANKS OFFICER CHARLIE LOPEZ.

As for Officer Duhon I am not filing a complaint with the city on you because for one I will be harrassed when driving in Leesville and Cheif Hickman would throw it in the trash. I know how close you two are and you need to check your attitude because you DO NOT know how to handle people when they are upset. So go kiss your bosses ass some more so you can continue to pull up on calls and treat people like shit.
How'd that work out for you? Lmao!!
me

United States

#625 Feb 10, 2013
City_Girl wrote:
First off, I want to say something to ms_hth. You say for me to smell Leesville...? HELL NO I'M NOT GOING TO SMELL LEESVILLE! Leesville smells like shit! What the hell are you smelling when you say Leesville smells good? DAMN!

Second, I've been at Fort Puke for 4 years now, and I've never seen a more awful place. What colleges do we have to choose from? NSU-Leesville? Oh boy. A few classes that have nothing to do with my major. THAT'S IT!
As for the scoring of the "parish" schools, Vernon only scores high because of the military kids! Because they received their prior education elsewhere. DUH!

Oh yeah, try being an Atheist here! HA! These idiots try and shove their bible loving attitude down your throat. I'd rather be a drug-free atheist than a high/coked out "religious person."

I can't wait to get out of this place and back into civilization. Back where business people know how to spell and use correct grammar on their business signs!!
We can't wait for you to leave either,
me

United States

#626 Feb 10, 2013
New Llano Resident wrote:
I know Charlie Lopez quite well. He is a wonderful asset to LPD. He has busted many, many drug dealers and users. He is the most honest, trustworthy, loyal and dedicated person I have had the pleasure of meeting in quite awhile.(other than my husband of course.) Maybe your personal knowledge of him is not to be believed!!!
How'd that work out for you? Lmao
me

United States

#627 Feb 10, 2013
ronald45 wrote:
Other businesses that would work here:

Office supply store like Office Depot (seems to be a lot of need for paper, pens, pencils, computer disks, operating software ink etc)

K-Mart
Kroger
Starbucks
Quizno's subs (subway does well how about some competition)
GNC (Soldiers at least try to stay fit and lean can't say the same for the average Leesville citizen it would seem)
Costco
Petsmart
Best Buy

I am sure there are others
We don't want that crap in our town. It attracts people like you,
How ironic and idiotic

Lake Charles, LA

#628 Feb 10, 2013
You may need to send him a letter. he was caught selling drugs to his other deviant friends (Hickman). With such a glowing endorsement, we can easily see how objective your point of view is. Is that a cloud in your judgement?
me

United States

#629 Feb 10, 2013
ronald45 wrote:
Now for example tonight I went to eat in a Korean restaurant thinking "ok Korean that is fairly healthy nice steamed veggies, rice, grilled meat. Kalbi (grilled beef short rib, chopped and wrapped in lettuce leaves or sesame leaves with steamed rice and red chili paste for instance) and other such venue.

Alas I get there and it is the same old deep fried shit cream cheese filled wonton, fried rice of all sorts, fried egg rolls, fried not steamed yaki man do, and more "fried" fair.

So a valid question do any of you artery clogged, 350lb lard assed Neanderthals that live here know of ANY OTHER DAMNED WAY TO COOK OTHER THAN A F*CKING DEEP FRYER????

I mean really why don't you overweight greasy Bigfoots just eat crisco straight from the can with a laddle?? Save yourselves the time and have the physician place the stents when your born to save your arteries the trouble of clogging up. Hell the only damned "healthy" restaurant you people have is Subway and you want more people to come live here?? Really what for so they can DIE from clogged arteries and heart disease at 30?? Yep way to go, maybe they can marry some 650lb local Arby's stuffing ho' and have lots of grease filled little babies to run around that they can kill by smoking before they have a chance to have a heart attack. Really what counts for P.E. here in the schools seeing how fast you can get the big macs to your damned mouths????

God I live in a town of neolithic (not that any of you would know what that means) Neanderthals.
Stay at home and cook your own food. Problem solved.
me

United States

#630 Feb 10, 2013
TXBORNTXRAISED wrote:
TXBORNTXRAISED,Is gone! I came Feb 13, 2010 and left June 1, 2010. That place was horrible! I don't see how ppl can live like these ppl live. I've never seen a place like Sleesville. Ppl if ur not from this place,leave. They have no education,no sence,no teeth, no morals,just nothing @ all. Everybody home schools their children lol. My thing is how can u homeschool when you didnt even graduate?! I saw a woman get out of her car and go in the store with no shoes on, are u serious? Just dirty! I saw so many retarted and disabled ppl in the few short months that i was there than i seen my whole life. Too many family members humpin each other,or maybe its the water IDK but what i can say is........FUCK LA!
Don't let the door hit you in the a**!!
me

United States

#631 Feb 10, 2013
VP Resident wrote:
This whole place is a SHITHOLE! Always been always will be! I used to believe that there was hope, just read my past postings in different forums, but not anymore! I hate it here! The people are SHIT, The Cities are SHIT, The people who run the Cities are SHIT! Louisiana is Shit.........Ronald45 come back to us! My GOD YOU WHERE RIGHT ALL ALONG!
Hmm...not too bad, you're still posting on Leesville boards.
me

United States

#632 Feb 10, 2013
ronald45 wrote:
Finally left that town two years ago and have never looked back. Spend my weekends now instead of in some dive bar in Leesville, visiting civil war battlefields, trout fishing, hiking the mountains, taking pictures of waterfalls. Have 30 restaurants in my 4 block section of town to choose from and more coming in every month. Hell I don't think the whole FT Polk area has that many places to eat. So instead of sucking down swamp food, my dinners are filled with Indian, Greek, Italian, Mid Eastern, Vietnamese, Japanese, American Grill foods. Leesville and Polk can't even manage to build a Chili's without fighting over it. Malls? I now have one 3 blocks from the house. Small communities, ha they are all over the place here in the Virginia countryside with things to do, apple harvests, corn shucking, bluegrass festivals, Harvest festivals street dances, towns that are built in the 1700's nicely preserved with historical markers and history to them not rundown boarded up downtowns. Nope will NEVER miss Louisiana or the lowlife people there who think that it is some type of paradise because they have never been anywere else
Awe, but you must miss it. You are still trolling Leesville blogs right?
dog winner

United States

#634 Mar 2, 2013
myself wrote:
I was once a resident of the Vernon Parish area. I am glad to say I am no longer. The Leesville area along with Ft. Polk are the problem. Without the base Leesville would not amount to much. On the same token if the base was not their the topless bars would not be either. The military breads this into the local areas around military bases. So it's six of one kind and half a dozen others.
If it weren't for Leesville there wouldn't be a fort Polk we are the people that was patriotic enough to give land for our country so the young man and women could train here in this environment if you don't like Leesville stay on fort Polk maybe there you want kill somebody for being drunk and driving up and down our highways. By the way what have u done for Leesville but critisise

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#635 Mar 2, 2013
Every single Army post I've seen has the topless bar & tattoo area....every single one. And God forbid this area isn't a huge shopping meca complete with quaint coffee shops, bookstores, yoga studios and local breweries! Because *sarcasm ON* the military should bend over backwards to make sure all the spouses (& hell even some service members) have a choice and fabulous shopping & living experience!!!! Right?!?!?! I mean surely that's why your spouse or you are in the service? Right?!? So you can live exactly where YOU want & have every little convenience although you may actually yourself come from "podunk" Ohio...or crime-ridden DC. God forbid you have to go where the US Govt tells you!*sarcasm OFF*. If you don't like it here, then tell your spouse to get OUT of the military since you're not getting your way. Or if you leave, I really hope you get sent to Ft. Drum where you can dig your car out of several feet of snow, while your power is out & your husband is deployed. Or get stationed at Ft. McClelan, which is actually closed now, but they still need some full-time Army there, and oh, by the way, they're doing some "toxic waste" cleanup there since the chemical brigade was there for years & years, so hope you don't wind up glowing in the dark! There ARE actually many areas FAR worse than here. But we have the "me" generation that want what they want and when they don't get their way, whine like babies. I am beyond sick if it. If you don't like here, get out of the service or divorce your military spouse because you can't handle the govt. moving your man where you don't want to go (by the way, good luck trying to find a job in this economy), or volunteer and stop whining and actually make a difference.
mr rogers
#636 Mar 2, 2013
i think many of the military wives have more to offer as to what you state "they want to shop" and "should volunteer." i am sure many contribute. however if you are someone who prefers culture such as museums and art, you must drive to houston. if you are someone who would like to work on a masters or ph.d your shi! out of luck. or if you enjoy beaches, rock climbing, hiking at high altitude lol of at least 5500 or maybe white water rafting~~you are out of luck. some like more to do in life opposed to "fishing or volunteering." only whiner seems to be you. if you have never experienced real travel or a real education or just going out on the weekends to a decent club i guess you dont know what your missing. i assume you are either older or maybe a homebody? i see two types exist in military~ the family church going homebodies or the party thrill seeking living life type. i am the second therefore leesville is a bit of a shock compared to other places i have been. its not a bad town its like other small towns, we do our time and move on.
Former 2nd ACR Soldier

United States

#637 Mar 2, 2013
Doesn't sound like the place has changed much for the better.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#638 Mar 2, 2013
Lol...mr rogers. No, I grew up in La., and I DO love to fish...If you reread my last post I am tired of the people that complain about wanting the shopping, etc., as in being with the military you should get to live where ever you desire...And yes, I HEAR the complaints a lot. I've lived around the US & have enjoyed each place I've been at. Some post with much less than Polk area has to offer. I hope some of the complainers get to experience that.
Savage Forks

Morse, LA

#639 Mar 4, 2013
Amber maybe your friend is a NARC ? And it's bullshit on the family thing only thing i ever got slapped on my or my brothers hands was CUFFS,And one thing more not knocking the military hey that's the profession most of them chose for one reason or the other some to keep out of jail or prison and some to leave there own SHIT HOLE OF A TOWN they grew up in but as for me and MINE we hold our OWN GUNS and when the need arises we do & will(GET R DONE) Cause with these OLD boys raised OLD shotguns.And good honest christian values,some of us just leaned a little to the outlaw side of the law,Corruption exists every were.
Snowflakesgalore

Leesville, LA

#640 Mar 4, 2013
Atomsk wrote:
then again many people around here wouldnt have to pay $800+ a month for rent because of the high demand on housing due to many who choose to live off base. </rant>
Most soldiers HAVE to live offpost. There isn't enough housing on the base to house every single family. Now if they reduce troop amount there will be more room and openings for housing (rent might decrease as well since landlords are going to lose $) No it isn't right that rent is as high as it is for soldier or cilivian(I've seen slum landlords charging high for horrible homes/apts). It's like that at most military towns (high rent for homes that aren't worth it).

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#641 Mar 4, 2013
Lol... Thought Savage was replying to me. Clearly, I need a new ID on here. Also, I agree some (not all) of the rent around Polk is ridiculous. But then I also believe some of post housing is way too tiny for all the BAH they want to keep....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Donald Trump (Nov '15) Fri Mr Charlie 357
Reveiw: Duffy's Brick Oven Pizza (Feb '10) Jun 21 1605abc 15
Public Notice Jun 21 Mr Charlie 2
Your Constitution ! Jun 21 Mr Charlie 8
News Braxton wanted for armed robbery, also a suspec... (Oct '07) Jun 15 Really 10
2+2=black&blue Jun 14 El Pablito 10
In Old Mexico Jun 11 Mr Charlie 32
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Leesville Mortgages