things pisses you off about leesville
James

Leesville, LA

#592 Jan 20, 2013
your confused wrote:
<quoted text>
confused or a liar. being a 2nd LT means more then likely he went to an officer training course after college which is your first duty station lasting 6 months to a year and he did that as a 2nd Lt meaning 01, then he would be assigned a duty station for 36 months or 24 in some cases and in extreme and not to often cases 18 months. a 2nd Lt is usually in that rank from one year to two years and then promoted to 1LT. with that said, there is not way you brother n law is a 2nd LT and lived in Germany a 2 or 3 yr tour, fort bliss another 2 or 3 years then hawaii another 2 or 3 yr tour and then colorado another 2 or 3 yrs. so lets add that one year of officer training plus four pcs moves at 3 years each that equal what, 13 yrs he should be a major by now. as for leesville, it is not a bad place but there is nothing to do here. this location was picked because of the lack of people, and large area of open land to train. if you like sitting in doors watching tv then its a great place to live.
Just because your a 2LT, doesn't mean you are new to the military. There are alot of soldiers who were in for several years, became NCO's, THEN did the "Green to Gold", and became officers.

Also, I recently PCS'd to polk. I never asked to come here, but there was a need, apparently, and I had to. I really wish I could have just been like, "No thanks." But it doesn't work that way.
My family hates it here. Only been here 2 months, and I've already been harassed by the local law enforcement, who apparently knew nothing about USA-NATO license plates issued by USAREUR. Extremely rude officer, who didn't hesitate with using ALOT of foul language in front of my wife and 3 kids.
People like that, is what gives Leesville, such a great repertoire.
And of course, all the little inconveniences of living in this area, which is made so convenient. And seriously, where does all the funding for public works projects really go? If I were a permanent resident of the area, I would try to find out. That's your tax dollars going into the wallets of these so called public servants.
Just-around-the- corner

United States

#593 Jan 20, 2013
James wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because your a 2LT, doesn't mean you are new to the military. There are alot of soldiers who were in for several years, became NCO's, THEN did the "Green to Gold", and became officers.
Also, I recently PCS'd to polk. I never asked to come here, but there was a need, apparently, and I had to. I really wish I could have just been like, "No thanks." But it doesn't work that way.
My family hates it here. Only been here 2 months, and I've already been harassed by the local law enforcement, who apparently knew nothing about USA-NATO license plates issued by USAREUR. Extremely rude officer, who didn't hesitate with using ALOT of foul language in front of my wife and 3 kids.
And of course, all the little inconveniences of living in this area, which is made so convenient. And seriously, where does all the funding for public works projects really go? If I were a permanent resident of the area, I would try to find out. That's your tax dollars going into the wallets of these so called public servants.
1st let me tell you that I am truly sorry that a officer of the local law inforcement would ever think that it's ok to disrespect you at all for any reason. If you break the law then we all have to pay the ticket or whatever but that's not a reason to be cursed or disrespected. 2nd let me tell you hoe glad I am that you are at fortpolk to train or whatever reason your here. I can promise you 1 thing we soon will be getting a leadership change in leesville that will change the way our military view this town and unlike the current leadership thinks it doesn't require a bunch of money to give our young people interesting , safe and fun things to do. Please bare with us,I promise you we appreciate you and your family and we are looking forward to the change that's coming just as much as you are. Thank you
You know It

Leesville, LA

#594 Jan 20, 2013
Just-around-the-corner wrote:
<quoted text>1st let me tell you that I am truly sorry that a officer of the local law inforcement would ever think that it's ok to disrespect you at all for any reason. If you break the law then we all have to pay the ticket or whatever but that's not a reason to be cursed or disrespected. 2nd let me tell you hoe glad I am that you are at fortpolk to train or whatever reason your here. I can promise you 1 thing we soon will be getting a leadership change in leesville that will change the way our military view this town and unlike the current leadership thinks it doesn't require a bunch of money to give our young people interesting , safe and fun things to do. Please bare with us,I promise you we appreciate you and your family and we are looking forward to the change that's coming just as much as you are. Thank you
Yea the leadership will change when the military takes over the hold Town.
havemercy

Leesville, LA

#595 Jan 20, 2013
James wrote:
<quoted text>
And when you speak up and ask good questions, there will be 1001 idiots blaming you for the problems.
Military wife

Leesville, LA

#597 Jan 21, 2013
All of you! Look yourself in the mirror!
havemercy

Leesville, LA

#598 Jan 21, 2013
I am sure there will be some isolated cases where law enforcement might cross the line. But by and large our officers appear to be doing a fairly good job. Even Louis have been treated with respect. If they slow their cars down and stop running around here like a bat out of hell, they will be a fantastic group of officers.
FLKTHT

Princeton, NJ

#601 Feb 9, 2013
Well Leesville you people need to wake the...up and get out of your small little worlds.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#602 Feb 10, 2013
Theirs nothing for our extreme sport youth community , WE NEED A SKATEPARK , it can be designed by local skateboarders,bikers, roller bladders...... And theirs more than enough room anywhere , I lived here 10 years ago and moved away then came back 5 years ago , fort Polk put up a pretty sketchy park but then tore it down for slow go carts an mini put put golf , which still didn't give access to kids in leesville , we need a skatepark in town , maybe the old lowes , or maybe out at the fair grounds , maybe over next to bj's , can anyone start this going? Ill work for free to help get it started for our youth with nowhere to go
me

United States

#603 Feb 10, 2013
army boy wrote:
leesville sucks off the military. check the gas prices in sleesville, then go south and check. same with car dealships. i buy my autos in lake charles.if u dont hunt n fish, there is nothing at all 2 do here.just a bunch of (get-r-done) HICKS.
Us "hicks" could really give two shits less if you'd like to leave....
me

United States

#604 Feb 10, 2013
Army wife wrote:
<quoted text>You are obviously a bred and born from Leesville, LA. Just wanted to respond to your ignorant comment. No...nobody is holding a gun to our heads to stay here. We just hold the guns for you - to be able to sleep well at night with freedom and security. I am an Army wife and was moved here by the Military. My husband makes quite a bit more than a dollar a hour. I am also quite sure (without knowing you or your means of employment) that he makes more than your total of 5 jobs fixing cars or wiping tables. Oh, did I offend you? Hope so.....Please respond - I want you to Mr. Leesville.
Lol, just laughing at your ignorance army wife...
me

United States

#605 Feb 10, 2013
Ron wrote:
Better question should be what DOESN'T piss you off about Leesville. Gosh where to begin, mediocre businesses and restaurants (heaven forbid a brand name one comes in ie Chili's cause everyone knows it would mean the death knell for these mom and pop places with lackluster food and service). The fact that there is no infranstructure or business what so ever outside the military as they refuse to diversify the economy. The fact the town and locals owe their very existence to the fact that Ft. Polk refuses to close even though it looks like the Army's salvage yard. The fact the local population looks and has the mannerisms of every guest on Jerry Springer. The fact the whole Command at Polk bends over backwards for the local populace.
By the way "Mike" yes we were told we had to come and live in "your" town by the US government, why the f*ck else would we be here?? I mean the young folks move away as soon as they can get the hell out of town (who can blame them let's see I can be a t*tty bar dancer or a logging trucker, yep good jobs for all). Maybe Leesville needs to do a poll when 3/4ths the military would live ANYWHERE else if they could kinda says something about your town, and the reception the military get's when it comes here. "We support our troops" right Leesville, more like 98% the opposite the Troops support you.
Bullshit!!! Obviously you have the Internet.. Leesville was here before Fort Polk and it will be here after. Leesville and Fort Polk are supposed to support each other...YOU sir, don't support me, AND no, I'm not a titty dancer, or a trucker. Smh, shocked at the ignorance.
me

United States

#606 Feb 10, 2013
Ron wrote:
Another great story is the Guardian the official propaganda paper of Ft. Polk recently had a story on how many people assigned to Ft. Polk reenlist, making it sound like Ft. Polk was tops in retention of Soldiers for the Army. Yet what the story didn't tell you is those Soldiers re enlist to GET THE HELL OUT OF FORT POLK!!! None of them are re upping to stay here. It is why SF and EOD recruit on this post like crazy cause they know that most Soldier's would give their eyeteeth to get out of here. When Soldiers actually look forward TO DEPLOYING just to get out of the Leesville area that should tell you something. The Post and the town pretty much outlived it's usefulness with the end of the Vietnam war. Training in a Swamp to fight in the desert makes no damned sense when we have Army Bases located in desert regions. However most of these actually give a cr*p about their environment while Louisiana has some of the most lax environmental laws in the nation. Hence another reason for the Army holding onto this area, the fact Louisiana has no problem with them destroying the place as long as they can make a buck off it.
Speaking for ALL soldiers stationed here are you?! Check again.
me

United States

#607 Feb 10, 2013
Ron wrote:
Besides when 1/4th the states population left after the hurricane and realized how much BETTER off they were once they got out of the Craphole of the US (Louisiana), the government had to find some way to keep the state populated. Ooh let's send more Army folks down there, they can't leave until we say they can. Thus Ft. Polk remains a government job program for the uneducated, lazy civilian population of Western Louisiana don't want to drive a log truck or work at a topless bar hey get a job on post
Well, you should fit right in then.. You definitely sound uneducated to me. Don't let the door hit you in the butt!
me

United States

#608 Feb 10, 2013
amber wrote:
what most people don't know is that everyone in leesville some how some way are related.and if your not from here you don't fit in and never will.i know for a fact..if you have family in law enforcement in leesville and you get caught with drugs or etc..you get off with a slap on the hand.no jail time or what so ever.i have been in the car and witnessed this myself.my friend had 3 felonies and wow..their father made 1 call to sam craft and their record was poof..gone..so yeah..corruption in vernon parish does exist.
It does exist but it's not EVERYONE.
me

United States

#610 Feb 10, 2013
Ron wrote:
If you don't like it, leave!!!!!!!!!!

Trust me most of us are trying to but due to the Army Post playing with numbers and trying to keep folks here (not like the military is charging the re enlistment folks on other bases BEGGING to come to Diseaseville) it ain't that easy.
Last time I checked, you joined the army on your own. Did you expect every place you went would be paradise? How about trying to make it a better place instead of spewing ignorance?
me

United States

#611 Feb 10, 2013
Vernon Parish is in the top of the schools simply because it has the military DOD schools as well. Therefore the kids come to Leesville and excell cause they were taught at the other schools. My friends child came to Leesville and was automatically promoted to the next grade NOT BECAUSE OF LEESVILLE'S SCHOOLS, BUT BECAUSE SHE HAD HER EARLY EDUCATION SOMEWHERE ELSE...
And "church" raises it's head again, well Leesville has over 50 churches in the area, but what for those folks who (ahem the debil might strike me dead) aren't exactly of the religious sort?? This would be perhaps the MAJORITY of the younger population that are forced to be here by the Army. Or you can hunt and fish, great let's go fish in one of Leesville's mercury polluted lakes so we can raise brain damaged children too. Hunting, yeah that is fun but considering most of today's population in the military are CITY CHILDREN who don't touch a rifle outside their military job, hunting just doesn't appeal to them.
What does appeal to them you ask how about: nice restaurants Leesville was going the right direction with Spirit's West oh that's right it was FORCED TO CLOSE (not as is thought in this area a myriad of roadside "crawfish, catfish, alligator" and other whatever the hell we pulled from the swampt today restaurants that dot this area). Oh don't like swampfood (cause seafood ie tuna, salmon, lobster, mahi mahi it ain't) then you can dine on hamburgers, tacos, and other lard laden greasy assed food that keeps the people of Leesville in such great shape, afterall round and 350lbs is a shape. Unfortunately those in the military have to stay hall shall I put this HEALTHY in order to do their jobs. They like to try new exotic foods, the closest Leesville has to this is probably 10 lackluster "Chinese/Korean/Oriental " buffets where the food is always cold and the service usually SUCKS. Heaven forbid they build an Italian, Greek, German, Irish, African, Indian restaurant. This would be about as foreign to you crawfish sucking hicks as a New Guinea Penis Gourd wearing tribesman roaming your streets (or what's left of them, excuse me horse trails)
They also like coffee/internet shops where they can go and mingle with friends check their myspace page (you know that website that the local churches say is DEBIL inspired) but no place like that here is there other than Lake Charles or Alexandria or Natchitoches all more than 60 miles away not exactly a go to spot on a weeknight when first Formation is 0600 in the morning.
They also like, yeah you churchgoers cover your virgin ears, titty bars with GOOD LOOKING WOMEN (well most the Army guys do and believe it or not so do some of the women no not cause they are "gasp" lesbian but because that is where the single Army guys like to hang out and if you are a single Army woman well then???). What they don't care for are bars that rip off their hard earned cash and the women look like toothless biker chicks that have eaten way too much in those greasy catfish/crawfish/fastfood places mentioned above and now weigh 350lbs or have 6 kids (all by different fathers so hey at least you know they aren't shy when it comes to meeting those Army guys). But we are stuck with Pegasus and New Orleans Ladies (trust me if that is what the women in New Orleans look like I am not missing much.
They also like huge dance clubs (with again cute guys and girls) where they can get down with their type of music (again inspired by the DEBIL according to most the local churches). Not some backwoods accordion playing Hillbilly (ie Wayne Toups who????) or as most recently on Post Charlie Daniels whom most Soldiers were born WAY after Mr Daniels ever thought of being in the mainstream.

Bullshit.ignorant..judgemental .so sorry we aren't good enough for you. Boo hoo. Maybe one day someone will pull that silver spoon out of your butt for you.
me

United States

#612 Feb 10, 2013
Ron wrote:
They also enjoy a city that looks well maintained (like Natchitoches or even Lake Charles again) not some place that looks like a White Trash trailer park. They like to be able to drive their very expensive and usually new cars (not farm trucks) down well maintained and serviceable roads without having to worry about needing a front end alignment with every oil change. They had rather not have to worry about some damned logging truck kicking up gravel and busting their windshields, sh*t flying off the backend of the damned things (bark, branches, mud, bugs, and even small animals) that is going to cause them to wreck their very expensive cars.

Finally they like a town sensitive to their wants and desires, not one that constantly bans good restaurants, clubs, and other venues mentioned above to hang on to some antiquated notion of what a small town should be like (funny a LOT of small towns in the area have a very active night life and as such their young people tend to stay). Not a town that seems to exist to "feed" off them and use them as the sole source of income for "their" town whilst providing NOTHING IN RETURN (oh but we support our military, No Leesville THE MILITARY SUPPORTS YOU!!!! point blank) You see the military can exist without Leesville can Leesville say the same, like Alexandria has done since the Airbase closed?? At least they learned to disversify their economy some and they unlike YOU seem to be growing and yes even attracting people in.

Until Leesville wakes the hell up and changes with the times (and we all know change is an instrument of the DEBIL!!!!) then it will continue to die and the Soldiers here will continue to look forward to their next assignment
Bullshit! Again, we support each other. We were here before you, and we will be here after! Check your facts idiot. I hope you get your wish and get the hell out of here soon.
me

United States

#613 Feb 10, 2013
Ron wrote:
Of course most won't understand this why cause this is the only place they have ever known and another life is foreign to them. Like monkeys at a zoo throwing sh*t it is what monkeys do. People from Leesville are the same way, they cannot change cause change is foreign to them, Leesville and those here are like those monkeys, can't get upset with them uneducated, unhealthy, backwoods trailer trash is who they are, what they are and what many of them secretly aspire to be
I have a college education. I am not trash. You are categorizing all people of leesville. Why? Because you met two people you didn't like? I don't want to change. Why should we adapt to your ways? You sound uneducated, ignorant and judgemental. Hell no we don't want our town to be filled with people like YOU!
me

United States

#614 Feb 10, 2013
Ron wrote:
Furthermore, most of these Soldiers took the classes offered at most of the colleges around here in HIGH SCHOOL (stuff like Freshman English, Algebra, Calculus, Chemistry etc) and thus need schools that offer "Degree" programs in something other than welding. You know microbiology, oceanography, communications, MBA's and the such. Unfortunately the colleges here offer pretty much the basics (those classes that SHOULD BE taught in Leesville's public schools but aren't).

They also tend to enjoy areas with a VIBRANT downtown atmosphere, it can still be historical as long as if offers SOMETHING. Take a cue from other small towns in the area, Jefferson Texas, Marshall Texas, Nacogdoches Texas, Natchitoches La. What does Leesvilles downtown offer? A lot of historical BOARDED UP OUT OF BUSINESS buildings. You see historical is ok as long as there is something going on. But historical and the only thing after 7 pm on the streets are tumble weeds and raccoons is not.

Maybe the title of the thread should be what DOESN'T piss you off about Leesville???
I'm pissed you were allowed to come here.
me

United States

#615 Feb 10, 2013
Ron wrote:
It is just sad when many Soldiers at Ft. Polk secretly look forward to deploying to Afghanistan and Iraq just to LEAVE Leesville for even a short time. Not to mention the Posts in the war zone seem to offer more activities and be more modernized and kept up than Ft. Polk ever will be. Let's see in Iraq we have internet cafe's, large PX, clothing sales that actually isn't SOLD OUT CONSTANTLY of everything you need and air conditioned barracks that are actually turned on before 120 degree temps hit in JULY. We are also offered military healthcare by the military, not a bunch of uncaring civilian employees.

Let's see Ft. Polk offers gyms (like a prison when not in your "cell" you can go work out constantly), delabidated run down barracks (Warrior's Keep anyone), and motor pools that were outdated in the 70's with rusting hulks of what is left of military vehicles sitting in them.
Everything you said in this post pertains to Fort Polk, NOT Leesville. What an ass,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cheating Fri willy 109
Losin' Huson Fri havemercy 65
New Cop Thread Fri J Fn K 40
bars Fri two times 50
who will run Thu Havenomercy 5
Leesville arrest reports Thu Oldie 2
Sgt. James Martin Highway Thu Oldie 3

Leesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance