things pisses you off about leesville

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#539 Feb 16, 2012
Exactly! I read an article last time we were at Polk titled, "Bloom Where You Are Planted!" It was by the MP chaplain who basically wrote that no matter where you are, make the most out of it. And having lived at other Army post and hearing the experiences of others, I can say there are some post comparable with Polk, some better and some worse. Some people love Ft. Bragg. Yes, it does offer a lot of shopping, but some of the area there looks far worse than Leesville. And the crime rate in the counties around Bragg were not great. I forgot to mention that the gas prices in NC were also 30cents higher than La too. And I have had friends around Ft. Drum tell me stories about digging their cars out of many, many feet of snow.(Not my idea of a fun time!). People at any post will find something about the local area to complain about...
Peyton

Summerville, SC

#541 May 4, 2012
So glad I'm gone!! Thank Jesus, there is a lord because I'm out of that horrible place. I just feel very sorry for all the military men/women, wives/husbands and children that have to endure leesville. Between the overprice dirty restaurants, over priced rent, horrendous roads and liquor store right in the gas station there isn't much left to salvage actually enjoying leesville. For people who are stuck there don't worry there is light at the end of the tunnel. There will be that glorious day that you'll leave and never come back! trust me! The sun will be shining the birds will be singing. Life is so good to me now that I have left that forsaken place, I even lost 16 pounds, tossed my alcohol habit (only real thing to do in leesville), I'm now apart of the community and meat some great people. Life is good! Life sure is good!:) I'll miss the Crawfish at J&T, that was delicious!!Peace y'all enjoy your town!
herewegoagain

Westlake, LA

#542 May 4, 2012
If you're so glad you're gone, why did you bother to check the Leesville Topix Forum, huh? Maybe you just can't get this place out of your system. Kinda miss it, don'tcha? Be honest. If you really hated it that much, you wouldn't be snooping around on this boafd wondering what's going on here.
Peyton wrote:
So glad I'm gone!! Thank Jesus, there is a lord because I'm out of that horrible place. I just feel very sorry for all the military men/women, wives/husbands and children that have to endure leesville. Between the overprice dirty restaurants, over priced rent, horrendous roads and liquor store right in the gas station there isn't much left to salvage actually enjoying leesville. For people who are stuck there don't worry there is light at the end of the tunnel. There will be that glorious day that you'll leave and never come back! trust me! The sun will be shining the birds will be singing. Life is so good to me now that I have left that forsaken place, I even lost 16 pounds, tossed my alcohol habit (only real thing to do in leesville), I'm now apart of the community and meat some great people. Life is good! Life sure is good!:) I'll miss the Crawfish at J&T, that was delicious!!Peace y'all enjoy your town!
VP Resident

Leesville, LA

#543 May 4, 2012
This whole place is a SHITHOLE! Always been always will be! I used to believe that there was hope, just read my past postings in different forums, but not anymore! I hate it here! The people are SHIT, The Cities are SHIT, The people who run the Cities are SHIT! Louisiana is Shit.........Ronald45 come back to us! My GOD YOU WHERE RIGHT ALL ALONG!
fact or fiction

United States

#544 May 4, 2012
VP Resident wrote:
This whole place is a SHITHOLE! Always been always will be! I used to believe that there was hope, just read my past postings in different forums, but not anymore! I hate it here! The people are SHIT, The Cities are SHIT, The people who run the Cities are SHIT! Louisiana is Shit.........Ronald45 come back to us! My GOD YOU WHERE RIGHT ALL ALONG!
you forgot something. you're $#@%
why don't you get the f out
VP Resident

Leesville, LA

#546 May 7, 2012
VP Resident wrote:
I don't know who wrote this but it was not me the REAL VP Resident!!!!!!!!!! Help me I have been the victim of Blog Id Theft!!!! But anyway I didn't write this, I don't know who did but it was not me!!!!!

“Life after life does exist”

Since: Feb 11

~ all around ~

#547 May 7, 2012
I have Leesville's location but I promise it wasn't me. I've been lied about of being kitty/blast off- Lafayette location. The truth will come out one day. I believe in karma.
Use your registered name.
VP Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know who wrote this but it was not me the REAL VP Resident!!!!!!!!!! Help me I have been the victim of Blog Id Theft!!!! But anyway I didn't write this, I don't know who did but it was not me!!!!!
ronald45

Germantown, MD

#548 May 15, 2012
Finally left that town two years ago and have never looked back. Spend my weekends now instead of in some dive bar in Leesville, visiting civil war battlefields, trout fishing, hiking the mountains, taking pictures of waterfalls. Have 30 restaurants in my 4 block section of town to choose from and more coming in every month. Hell I don't think the whole FT Polk area has that many places to eat. So instead of sucking down swamp food, my dinners are filled with Indian, Greek, Italian, Mid Eastern, Vietnamese, Japanese, American Grill foods. Leesville and Polk can't even manage to build a Chili's without fighting over it. Malls? I now have one 3 blocks from the house. Small communities, ha they are all over the place here in the Virginia countryside with things to do, apple harvests, corn shucking, bluegrass festivals, Harvest festivals street dances, towns that are built in the 1700's nicely preserved with historical markers and history to them not rundown boarded up downtowns. Nope will NEVER miss Louisiana or the lowlife people there who think that it is some type of paradise because they have never been anywere else
confused

Westlake, LA

#549 May 15, 2012
But you just can't help yourself, can't resist looking at the Leesville forum on topix, can you? Why is that do you suppose4. Just can't quite get this place off your mind?

If I hated a place that much, I would NEVER check to see what's going on there because I wouldn't give a rat's a$$. Why are you still so interested in Leesville? Kinda puts the lie to your statement that you've "never looked back." That's precisely what you're doing now, dumba$$.
ronald45 wrote:
Finally left that town two years ago and have never looked back. Spend my weekends now instead of in some dive bar in Leesville, visiting civil war battlefields, trout fishing, hiking the mountains, taking pictures of waterfalls. Have 30 restaurants in my 4 block section of town to choose from and more coming in every month. Hell I don't think the whole FT Polk area has that many places to eat. So instead of sucking down swamp food, my dinners are filled with Indian, Greek, Italian, Mid Eastern, Vietnamese, Japanese, American Grill foods. Leesville and Polk can't even manage to build a Chili's without fighting over it. Malls? I now have one 3 blocks from the house. Small communities, ha they are all over the place here in the Virginia countryside with things to do, apple harvests, corn shucking, bluegrass festivals, Harvest festivals street dances, towns that are built in the 1700's nicely preserved with historical markers and history to them not rundown boarded up downtowns. Nope will NEVER miss Louisiana or the lowlife people there who think that it is some type of paradise because they have never been anywere else
ronald45

Germantown, MD

#551 May 16, 2012
Because it is like a train wreck you know it is going to be bad, but you just have to watch. Besides I still have friends "held hostage" on Fort Polk so it is nice to give them even the modicum of hope that they too, can one day escape the black hole of hell known as Leesville.
Parish Resident

Leesville, LA

#552 May 16, 2012
The B.S. Politics in vernon parish
therealme

Westlake, LA

#553 May 16, 2012
so i think i get it. these army scrubs are bitching because Leesville isnt like the cities they come from. let me think. . . thats a good thing. ronald45 from how you describe you new living situation it sounds ideal. im happy for you. lets get real the reason you are so happy to be gone is.... you dont have to worry about jody having his way with you wife.
ronald45

Germantown, MD

#556 May 22, 2012
Well no actually I come from a small town, actually a town SMALLER than Leesville, but it was a historical town full of quaint antique (not junk) shops, nice bars and restaurants, sat on a river, and was very historical. Maybe you've heard of it, afterall it isn't far from Polk, which only made me more disappointed when I saw just how trashy Leesville was, because I have been in towns that were small and could make something of themselves if the people had a mind to. Oh the name of the town JEFFERSON TX; As far as Jody, one I am not married, but I understand why Leesville men go after Army wives. It keeps them from interbreeding with their sisters and cousins and does help diversify the "gene pool" and helps the people of Leesville evolve into something resembling humans instead of sasquatches and adds a few more much needed brain cells to those living in the region.
Sassy

Leesville, LA

#557 May 22, 2012
ronald45 wrote:
Well no actually I come from a small town, actually a town SMALLER than Leesville, but it was a historical town full of quaint antique (not junk) shops, nice bars and restaurants, sat on a river, and was very historical. Maybe you've heard of it, afterall it isn't far from Polk, which only made me more disappointed when I saw just how trashy Leesville was, because I have been in towns that were small and could make something of themselves if the people had a mind to. Oh the name of the town JEFFERSON TX; As far as Jody, one I am not married, but I understand why Leesville men go after Army wives. It keeps them from interbreeding with their sisters and cousins and does help diversify the "gene pool" and helps the people of Leesville evolve into something resembling humans instead of sasquatches and adds a few more much needed brain cells to those living in the region.
I need to go and get my hair dyed! My grey is showing through on my shoulders......LOL! What ever Ron good of you to come back and visit. The I HATE LEESVILLE Forum almost went dead without you here. If fact we can almost gauge when you let us back around Late 2010.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#558 May 22, 2012
ronald45 wrote:
Jefferson Texas is a joke of a town and it is extremely trashy. Especially when you are driving on main hwy. So don't you dare come off as being so superior over those of us from Leesville. Both towns are about the same except Jefferson is actually bigger.
fact or fiction

United States

#559 May 22, 2012
i'm so glad you're gone too. don't ever come back.

i love this place. and to all that dont want to be here, one word.

LEAVE!!!!!!!!

also meat is spelled meet
Peyton wrote:
havemercy

Leesville, LA

#560 May 22, 2012
ronald45 wrote:
Okay ronald45, or whoever you is. I live here and I do not appreciate you talking about our town. We are having a welcome back party for you, come on.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#561 May 22, 2012
lv resident wrote:
please post the things that really make you mad about leesville.
The only thing that really is worth complaining about is the highways ! Yeah the place ( LEESVILLE ) is small and there's nothing really to do , but I think we all can get over it . If you're really that board , start going to church . There's a lot of activities to do at your local church , even for the Kid's . God will always keep you occupied .
confused

Lake Charles, LA

#562 Jun 20, 2012
After searching the net for the names of the members of the Vernon Parish Library board of directors and not finding them, I called the Police Jury office for help. The President of the Police Jury, BTW, is automatically a member of the Library Board. No one at VPPJ could help me and they suggested I call the Library. Talked with Mr. Coy, the librarian, who refused to give me the names of board members unless I first told him WHY I wanted to know. Sooo, if anyone out there has this information, please post.
Ronald45

Germantown, MD

#564 Jul 10, 2012
Actually Jefferson Tx is more like Natchitoches La than Leesville. Now I always enjoyed Natchitoches was nice, historical, quaint little shopping area with shops and restaurants, the Cane River etc. A nice overall small town charm. Leesville only 70 miles away has all the charm of a city dump. The downtown is delapidated, no shops of any sort, most are boarded up. roads are atrocious, and again nothing to do for families. Sorry Fort Polk and Leesville have a long way to go to ever make it off the "worst" places to be stationed list. Like I said not everyone complaining grew up in a city, some of us are actually more "country" than Leesville it is just that we had a town council and city that actually gave a crap about how they were "perceived" by the public at large. If Fort Polk closed tomorrow Leesville (hell all of Western Louisiana) would be in a world of hurt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
They went to Jared 2 hr fishingman 10
More Police Blotter 2 hr fishingman 4
3 deputies fired Fri Jo Ho Ho 14
$218,000 of Pot May 24 private i 7
Trump Traitors Ride May 23 BlackJackJoe 4
Police Blotter May 23 JoeCop 169
Section Line Road Bridge May 23 Savage from forks 13

Leesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance