things pisses you off about leesville

Posted in the Leesville Forum

First Prev
of 30
Next Last
lv resident

Forney, TX

#1 Jan 21, 2007
please post the things that really make you mad about leesville.
Louis Hopkins

United States

#3 Dec 20, 2007
The entire town of Leesville is corrupted and it seems that all of the officials are in it together. The City Police department is run by a racist and has no respect for the rule of law. The US Attorney for the western District refuses to investigate the racial profiling that goes on there constantly and does no investigation of hate crime that the school just recently experienced.
army boy

United States

#4 Jan 13, 2008
leesville sucks off the military. check the gas prices in sleesville, then go south and check. same with car dealships. i buy my autos in lake charles.if u dont hunt n fish, there is nothing at all 2 do here.just a bunch of (get-r-done) HICKS.
mike

United States

#5 Jan 15, 2008
army boy wrote:
leesville sucks off the military. check the gas prices in sleesville, then go south and check. same with car dealships. i buy my autos in lake charles.if u dont hunt n fish, there is nothing at all 2 do here.just a bunch of (get-r-done) HICKS.
if you dont like leesville then leave...nobody is forcing you to stay here you idiot.
mike

United States

#6 Jan 15, 2008
All these people dissing Leesville..Nobody told them they had to come live in our town...If it was the Army who brought them here, then that is just a shame they had to pick a career that only pays a dollar an hour. Stop dissing our town and if you dont like it, Leave....Nobody is holding a gun to your head and making you stay.
Mike - born in Leesville

Terrell, TX

#7 Feb 8, 2008
Something tells me if all the GI's left, there wouldn't be much of a Leesville left!
Atomsk

New Iberia, LA

#8 Feb 9, 2008
you may be right, but look at it this way if FT Polk shut down again there would be no reason for most bars and erotic dance clubs to stay open we would have a walmart and maby 2 gas stations, then again many people around here wouldnt have to pay $800+ a month for rent because of the high demand on housing due to many who choose to live off base. I can handle the bars shutting down because I could allways go somewhere better and the housing situation has allways been bad. I have moved many times because the only places in my price range have been in bad areas . In short Leesville does suck either way. </rant>
Army wife

Terrell, TX

#9 Feb 14, 2008
mike wrote:
All these people dissing Leesville..Nobody told them they had to come live in our town...If it was the Army who brought them here, then that is just a shame they had to pick a career that only pays a dollar an hour. Stop dissing our town and if you dont like it, Leave....Nobody is holding a gun to your head and making you stay.
You are obviously a bred and born from Leesville, LA. Just wanted to respond to your ignorant comment. No...nobody is holding a gun to our heads to stay here. We just hold the guns for you - to be able to sleep well at night with freedom and security. I am an Army wife and was moved here by the Military. My husband makes quite a bit more than a dollar a hour. I am also quite sure (without knowing you or your means of employment) that he makes more than your total of 5 jobs fixing cars or wiping tables. Oh, did I offend you? Hope so.....Please respond - I want you to Mr. Leesville.
Atomsk

New Iberia, LA

#10 Feb 16, 2008
Army wife wrote:
<quoted text>
You are obviously a bred and born from Leesville, LA. Just wanted to respond to your ignorant comment. No...nobody is holding a gun to our heads to stay here. We just hold the guns for you - to be able to sleep well at night with freedom and security. I am an Army wife and was moved here by the Military. My husband makes quite a bit more than a dollar a hour. I am also quite sure (without knowing you or your means of employment) that he makes more than your total of 5 jobs fixing cars or wiping tables. Oh, did I offend you? Hope so.....Please respond - I want you to Mr. Leesville.
This responce made me smile
hawgnutts

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

#11 Feb 20, 2008
You fu%k$rs are funny... Hey army wife, you can hold my gun if you want to so I can sleep well at night with freedom and security...
In case you didn't know, soldiers hold weapons not guns. Guns are what soldiers play with, unless they're an artilleryman.
By the way, if it weren't for "get-r-done" hicks, as you put it, you probably would starve to death.
Who do you think composes the majority of the soldiers in the army? It ain't the kids of congressmen and women or rich a$$holes either that's for damn sure.
hawgnutts

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

#12 Feb 20, 2008
By the way army wife what do you do for a living that makes you think you're better than the person that fixes cars or wipes tables? Can you fix cars? I'm bettin not. At least they're out there doing honest work instead of sitting their fat a$$ in front of a piece of crap computer writing retarded stupidspeak like you! I hope the next time you go to a restaurant the waitress puts the rag in your hand and shows you how to wipe the table. Maybe she could wipe up the floor with you while she's at it. You're not better than them, in fact you're probably a paycheck and a discharge away from their tax bracket! How would you like it if someone looked down on you like that for being an army wife? What a piece of trash you must be. I bet if your husband saw your comments he wouldn't be very proud... You should be glad hicks serve in our armed forces. One of them is probably watching your husbands back at this very moment. A city slicker would turn tail and run.
Rusty Pipes

Waltham, MA

#13 Feb 21, 2008
hawgnutts wrote:
By the way army wife what do you do for a living that makes you think you're better than the person that fixes cars or wipes tables? Can you fix cars? I'm bettin not. At least they're out there doing honest work instead of sitting their fat a$$ in front of a piece of crap computer writing retarded stupidspeak like you! I hope the next time you go to a restaurant the waitress puts the rag in your hand and shows you how to wipe the table. Maybe she could wipe up the floor with you while she's at it. You're not better than them, in fact you're probably a paycheck and a discharge away from their tax bracket! How would you like it if someone looked down on you like that for being an army wife? What a piece of trash you must be. I bet if your husband saw your comments he wouldn't be very proud... You should be glad hicks serve in our armed forces. One of them is probably watching your husbands back at this very moment. A city slicker would turn tail and run.
Good one!
No Fort Polk = No Leesville (or the next Oakdale) I hate the signal lights in Leesville. I do like that I haven't been harassed by law enforcement lately. Something ain't right about the water. I don't hunt, I do fish; too much mercury in the lakes. The funding for the roadways could be used more for actually fixing the roads. The politics is just as corrupt as any other town USA or any other level of government for that matter. As far as I can tell, there is great cooperative effort between the Army and the local municipality. Let's get along people. We have some people that "hold the guns" and we have some that "fix cars and wipe tables"... so what we are all people and should be respected on that level alone. I know for a fact if Army wife goes out to eat, she'd better be nice to the staff or be the butt of a sick joke.(no pun intended):)
Ron

United States

#14 Feb 25, 2008
Better question should be what DOESN'T piss you off about Leesville. Gosh where to begin, mediocre businesses and restaurants (heaven forbid a brand name one comes in ie Chili's cause everyone knows it would mean the death knell for these mom and pop places with lackluster food and service). The fact that there is no infranstructure or business what so ever outside the military as they refuse to diversify the economy. The fact the town and locals owe their very existence to the fact that Ft. Polk refuses to close even though it looks like the Army's salvage yard. The fact the local population looks and has the mannerisms of every guest on Jerry Springer. The fact the whole Command at Polk bends over backwards for the local populace.
By the way "Mike" yes we were told we had to come and live in "your" town by the US government, why the f*ck else would we be here?? I mean the young folks move away as soon as they can get the hell out of town (who can blame them let's see I can be a t*tty bar dancer or a logging trucker, yep good jobs for all). Maybe Leesville needs to do a poll when 3/4ths the military would live ANYWHERE else if they could kinda says something about your town, and the reception the military get's when it comes here. "We support our troops" right Leesville, more like 98% the opposite the Troops support you.
myself

London, KY

#15 Feb 27, 2008
I was once a resident of the Vernon Parish area. I am glad to say I am no longer. The Leesville area along with Ft. Polk are the problem. Without the base Leesville would not amount to much. On the same token if the base was not their the topless bars would not be either. The military breads this into the local areas around military bases. So it's six of one kind and half a dozen others.
Ron

United States

#16 Feb 28, 2008
Another great story is the Guardian the official propaganda paper of Ft. Polk recently had a story on how many people assigned to Ft. Polk reenlist, making it sound like Ft. Polk was tops in retention of Soldiers for the Army. Yet what the story didn't tell you is those Soldiers re enlist to GET THE HELL OUT OF FORT POLK!!! None of them are re upping to stay here. It is why SF and EOD recruit on this post like crazy cause they know that most Soldier's would give their eyeteeth to get out of here. When Soldiers actually look forward TO DEPLOYING just to get out of the Leesville area that should tell you something. The Post and the town pretty much outlived it's usefulness with the end of the Vietnam war. Training in a Swamp to fight in the desert makes no damned sense when we have Army Bases located in desert regions. However most of these actually give a cr*p about their environment while Louisiana has some of the most lax environmental laws in the nation. Hence another reason for the Army holding onto this area, the fact Louisiana has no problem with them destroying the place as long as they can make a buck off it.
Ron

United States

#17 Feb 28, 2008
Besides when 1/4th the states population left after the hurricane and realized how much BETTER off they were once they got out of the Craphole of the US (Louisiana), the government had to find some way to keep the state populated. Ooh let's send more Army folks down there, they can't leave until we say they can. Thus Ft. Polk remains a government job program for the uneducated, lazy civilian population of Western Louisiana don't want to drive a log truck or work at a topless bar hey get a job on post
amber

Georgetown, TX

#18 Mar 9, 2008
what most people don't know is that everyone in leesville some how some way are related.and if your not from here you don't fit in and never will.i know for a fact..if you have family in law enforcement in leesville and you get caught with drugs or etc..you get off with a slap on the hand.no jail time or what so ever.i have been in the car and witnessed this myself.my friend had 3 felonies and wow..their father made 1 call to sam craft and their record was poof..gone..so yeah..corruption in vernon parish does exist.
FRED

Atmore, AL

#19 Mar 18, 2008
WELL WHAT CAN I SAY BEING THAT IM FROM HO-VILLE ?THANK GOD THAT WHEN I TRUNED 17 I F___KING LEFT :):):) SO IF YOU HAVE ANY F___KING BRAINS? F___K THE CITY PIGS:):):) LET THEM DRINK THE WATER AND EAT THAT F__KING SHIT AT BJ'S GET THE F__K OUT BEFORE YOU ARE YOUR CHILDREN GO TO THE STATE PEN IN SLAGLE.
(1) CONCERED SIMPSON HAD BEEN.
NOTE GET THE F__K OUT (GIT-R-DONE)
Resident

Bossier City, LA

#20 Mar 23, 2008
If you don't like it, leave!!!!!!!!!!
resident9

United States

#21 Mar 31, 2008
I moved here from Georgia for other reasons other than military. We are not a military family, nor do we have any family here. My spouse grew up here. Apparently, some people find it hard to make it here. If those people would take a look, it is hard making it anywhere. There is alot more corruption other places. At least you don't watch the news to see how many people got shot last night. The people that are not happy are usually teenagers, they get bored. We do need places for these kids to hang out and do something with there time. Most don't work and have no plans for the future. That is why they don't like it. There is alot to offer here besides if people would just look and try to improve and get involved. Not everyone feels like some do. There are alot of things I don't like here but the good outways the bad. If we had stayed in Georgia, we would not have been able to make it, we would not be able to have the things we have here. Opportunity is out there, get out of bed and look for it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 30
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Officer Cash 2 hr The Facts 7
Parrott(Rosepine Chief Car Salesman)Indicted 10 hr too 12
Are We In The End Of Time? 12 hr havemercy 3
scandel at pride indistries (Mar '12) 15 hr jlh75 83
congratulations leesville!!!! 17 hr pittypat 74
why Wed Bigdaddy71446 11
It's starting (Jun '14) Wed bango 105
Leesville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web