“Come on, really?”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1 Nov 8, 2012
I had my rant yesterday, mostly to prove a point. In case it was missed, here is my challenge to the regulars and even the casual visitor:

Pick a town, perhaps your home town, or one that know that is away from Leesville. Spend just 5 minutes looking at their current topix. Find a subject that interests you and go read the top post. Then browse the discussion. Now find a topic that you would think would be highly debated and read through it. Decide for yourself if the way that topics are discussed in our community are effectively used for sharing ideas and community discussion, or if it seems more that all the personal attacks, negativity and general raunchiness detract from the subjects we post.

After some thought and soul searching (post anger) I noticed that generically after we have a significant event such as a hurricane, we seem to band together towards a common cause. When we see something wrong, we tend to approach it with it with the desire to correct it and neighbors treat each other with respect and dignity. Then after some time has passed, the ugliness and nastiness comes creeping. After thinking about it, I feel that it is a cascading effect something like this - People want to treat others fairly and with due respect, but after someone takes a shot at them, over time they lash out thus poisoning others and passing on the negativity. After time passes, we shred each other in the mindset of "standing our ground".

Yes there are problems in our town. Yes there are those that will never understand the golden rule, treat others as you wish to be treated, but it starts with you and is maintained by the civility that you so deeply desire.

"This sucks" and "this could be better" are statements saying the same thing. Think about it. You are either part of the problem, or part of the solution.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

“Sneaking up on you”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#5 Nov 9, 2012
SAY ANYTHING wrote:
<quoted text> new challenge "shut the hell up"
Your an ASS but what can you expect from a fool.
bembh2

Leesville, LA

#9 Nov 13, 2012
That pickle jar needs a sledge hammer to get that inflated head out of it.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#12 Nov 15, 2012
AlwaysLurking wrote:
I had my rant yesterday, mostly to prove a point. In case it was missed, here is my challenge to the regulars and even the casual visitor:

Pick a town, perhaps your home town, or one that know that is away from Leesville. Spend just 5 minutes looking at their current topix. Find a subject that interests you and go read the top post. Then browse the discussion. Now find a topic that you would think would be highly debated and read through it. Decide for yourself if the way that topics are discussed in our community are effectively used for sharing ideas and community discussion, or if it seems more that all the personal attacks, negativity and general raunchiness detract from the subjects we post.

After some thought and soul searching (post anger) I noticed that generically after we have a significant event such as a hurricane, we seem to band together towards a common cause. When we see something wrong, we tend to approach it with it with the desire to correct it and neighbors treat each other with respect and dignity. Then after some time has passed, the ugliness and nastiness comes creeping. After thinking about it, I feel that it is a cascading effect something like this - People want to treat others fairly and with due respect, but after someone takes a shot at them, over time they lash out thus poisoning others and passing on the negativity. After time passes, we shred each other in the mindset of "standing our ground".

Yes there are problems in our town. Yes there are those that will never understand the golden rule, treat others as you wish to be treated, but it starts with you and is maintained by the civility that you so deeply desire.

"This sucks" and "this could be better" are statements saying the same thing. Think about it. You are either part of the problem, or part of the solution.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.
AMEN !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Now I know wazza madda 11 hr Mr Charlie 2
Waz A Madda Tue Mr Charlie 10
Donald Trump (Nov '15) Jun 24 Mr Charlie 357
Reveiw: Duffy's Brick Oven Pizza (Feb '10) Jun 21 1605abc 15
Public Notice Jun 21 Mr Charlie 2
Your Constitution ! Jun 21 Mr Charlie 8
News Braxton wanted for armed robbery, also a suspec... (Oct '07) Jun 15 Really 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Leesville Mortgages