Leader wins on website, coverage of L...

Leader wins on website, coverage of Leesville budget, Lopez

Posted in the Leesville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Princess

Leesville, LA

#1 May 2, 2011
Has hell frozen over??

This has got to be the biggest joke I’ve ever seen. In what bizarre universe does the LDL win ANY kind of journalistic award?

I think I just saw a flying pig outside my window……………

“WAKE THE "F" UP”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#2 May 2, 2011
Thought I would put the report here so we could see what a fraken lie it is lol you got to be kidding me LDL lol yeah right they had to have paid someone off for this !!

The Leesville Daily Leader brought home several awards, including two for first place, from the 131st annual Louisiana Press Association Convention in Marksville Saturday, April 30.
Official announcements of the awards came Saturday night at the Better Newspaper Convention Awards Celebration at the LPA conference.
The Leader was awarded Best Overall Website in Division C, for papers in the state with circulations under 10,000.
Coverage of the Leesville budget deficit, by reporter Wanda Beaird and news editor Tammy Sharp, won the paper first place in the Best Continuing Coverage of Single News Event in Division 4, while the coverage of the arrest of former Leesville Police Officer Charlie Lopez, also by Beaird and Sharp, won third place in the same event.
Sharp won second place in the Best Feature Story category for her story "Special Memories," about the pending demolition of a Hornbeck family's homeplace, while the Kid's Edition, a special section of the Leader devoted to the news as produced by children of the parish, won an honorable mention in the Best Special Section Category.
Seventy-nine newspapers, publications, and college/university student newspapers submitted 3,837 entries.
The Louisiana Press Association, first formed in 1880 as a trade association uniting the state's daily and weekly newspapers, is the official trade organization for Louisiana newspapers and provides representation in the legislature and educational services. LPA serves Louisiana newspapers statewide, by offering training seminars, conventions, better newspaper contests and advertising sales.
bembh

Westlake, LA

#3 May 2, 2011
There couldn't be a bleaker commentary on the state of small-town newspapers in Louisiana, could there?
Princess wrote:
Has hell frozen over??
This has got to be the biggest joke I’ve ever seen. In what bizarre universe does the LDL win ANY kind of journalistic award?
I think I just saw a flying pig outside my window……………
Princess

Leesville, LA

#4 May 2, 2011
Here’s a frightening thought for you……….. If the LDL wins first place then that means that there are even WORSE newspapers out there *shivers*………. I can't imagine how that could ever be possible........

Of course it may be as iplo says, someone got paid off……………. Or maybe the esteemed (and I use THAT word in the loosest possible way) reporter; Wanda Beaird and the joke of a news editor (Gestapo)Tammy Sharp strong-armed the judges of this most ludicrous Louisiana Press Association Convention into giving them awards. There is NO possible way they EARNED those awards!!
bembh

Westlake, LA

#5 May 2, 2011
Maybe other newspapers knew they were so bad that they didn't even enter ... we can only hope the LDL won because it had no competition....
Princess wrote:
Here’s a frightening thought for you……….. If the LDL wins first place then that means that there are even WORSE newspapers out there *shivers*………. I can't imagine how that could ever be possible........
Of course it may be as iplo says, someone got paid off……………. Or maybe the esteemed (and I use THAT word in the loosest possible way) reporter; Wanda Beaird and the joke of a news editor (Gestapo)Tammy Sharp strong-armed the judges of this most ludicrous Louisiana Press Association Convention into giving them awards. There is NO possible way they EARNED those awards!!

“WAKE THE "F" UP”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#6 May 2, 2011
Kind of hard not to win when you cut and paste NSU news.

I hiope they read this and it makes them mad lol and if you do read this topix LDL YOU SUCK, your lucky they did not ask the peopel you report to.
curmudgeon

Westlake, LA

#7 May 2, 2011
From today's award-winning website:

Mcneese Debate
Read about the acheivements of the McNeese Debate Team.

Mcneese? acheivements?

Looks like a blue-ribbon job to me.

Not.

The LDL should, I suppose, be congratulated for having the chutzpah to even accept an award for excellence. No shortage of arrogance with that bunch, is there?

Since: Jan 11

Leesville, LA

#9 May 2, 2011
iplo39465 wrote:
Kind of hard not to win when you cut and paste NSU news.
I hiope they read this and it makes them mad lol and if you do read this topix LDL YOU SUCK, your lucky they did not ask the peopel you report to.
Hey now, I know the students who write for NSU news and THEY can spell.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#10 May 3, 2011
i like the ldl, yall are mean. it is the best and most used newspaper i personally know.

“Life after life does exist”

Since: Feb 11

~ all around ~

#11 May 3, 2011
I know they are best for and used for puppy potty pads!! Can you use them for a big ass cheech & chong type of thing? Or are they your secret ingredient to your compost pile for your nursery?
troyanacoco wrote:
i like the ldl, yall are mean. it is the best and most used newspaper i personally know.
Princess

Leesville, LA

#12 May 3, 2011
Makes an excellent bird cage liner…………………………… Also suitable for wrapping fish.........
Princess

Leesville, LA

#13 May 3, 2011
curmudgeon wrote:
The LDL should, I suppose, be congratulated for having the chutzpah to even accept an award for excellence. No shortage of arrogance with that bunch, is there?
Agreed

“MANBEARPIG!!”

Leesville

#14 May 3, 2011
I do read the LDL just because SOMETIMES there might be someone I went to school with who got arrested...but I mostly read it because I like Dear Abby. Although since they raised their price to 75 cents, I have been tempted not to buy it at all. I generally go to BJ's and ask the waitress for a paper from behind the counter because they keep papers that other customers have thrown away.

Leesville, LA

#15 May 3, 2011
Princess wrote:
Makes an excellent bird cage liner………………………… Also suitable for wrapping fish.........
Also great kindling for starting a fire.

THAT is the new thread we should start: All of the uses for the LDL!
Princess

Leesville, LA

#16 May 3, 2011
If we could get them to print it on a roll, it would be convenient for cleaning your back-side ……………
havemercy

Leesville, LA

#17 May 3, 2011
The LDL dserves every accolade you guys are giving them. They are a bunch of pseudo-reporters.

Since: Feb 12

Leesville Louisiana

#18 Apr 21, 2013
This headline from today's L-3x-L, more than anything I could add, speaks volumes about the sad state of journalism in Louisiana:

Leesville Daily Leader wins five awards at annual LPA convention

You gotta be jokin'!!
actual ldl reader

Leesville, LA

#19 Apr 24, 2013
For a small town, the leesville daily leader does better than your average high school newspaper or college circulation. sure improvements can make it a little better, but really, it's not that bad. I've seen plenty worse.

“Life after life does exist”

Since: Feb 11

~ all around ~

#20 Apr 25, 2013
Wow...lmao. I hate how slow their website is with my virus scan blocking pop-ups, so I rarely go on it.
bembh wrote:
This headline from today's L-3x-L, more than anything I could add, speaks volumes about the sad state of journalism in Louisiana:
Leesville Daily Leader wins five awards at annual LPA convention
You gotta be jokin'!!
hadEnuff

Leesville, LA

#21 Apr 25, 2013
LdL they lie about their name a daily paper comes out daily not three times a week. but that's what the do is only report their side of the news that they want you to know not always the facts of what really happened. Unless Rose said so then it's so. just ask Tammy Sharpe she get 1250 a month for PR for the city but no one seems to know what PR she does. Can anyone tell the tax payers why she deserves 1250 a month for. Come on Bobby Rose she is your puppet tell us why!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Police Blotter 10 hr Joe Sticks It LOL 138
West Cenla Swingers 17 hr JusJoeKen 4
lawyers 22 hr Mind your own 6
Remember The Fallen Sat Joe Stalin 7
Dist. 30 Representative 2019 Fri Highway journeyman 1
2018 city elections Apr 19 MarathonJoe 50
LHS Baseball Coach Apr 19 leesville73 2

Leesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance