The Hwy 28 at La 171 roundabout
Here is your reason

Leesville, LA

#21 Aug 3, 2012
mary sunshine wrote:
I knew you wouldn't be able to give this a serious answer.....
<quoted text>
Those are SERIOUS answers. Naysayers LIKE you and a few other doom and gloom THUMPERS only see what is best for a old Leesville, not a new Leesville. YOU are the type of person responsible for such attractive monikers as Diseaseville, Sleesville, Diarreahville. Your kind has branded Leesville as the Backwoods army base noone wishes to visit for very long. Your response "leave it" if you dont "like it."

Nothing really homey or accepting from YOUR kind. Mayor Rose has been instrumental in spearheading the revitilization of downtown, the 468 parkway and has saved substancial amounts of taxpayer money by giving New LLano the future butt end of Fort Polk. The city is better, the city has money, the city is changing, the city is growing, the city is getting new infrastructure, the city has a new traffic circle, the city has new businesses, the city has more business interested in it, the city has a quality police force but most importantly, soon the city will be rid of YOUR thoughtless backwards ways.
havemercy

Leesville, LA

#22 Aug 3, 2012
Here is your reason wrote:
<quoted text>Those are SERIOUS answers. Naysayers LIKE you and a few other doom and gloom THUMPERS only see what is best for a old Leesville, not a new Leesville. YOU are the type of person responsible for such attractive monikers as Diseaseville, Sleesville, Diarreahville. Your kind has branded Leesville as the Backwoods army base noone wishes to visit for very long. Your response "leave it" if you dont "like it."
Nothing really homey or accepting from YOUR kind. Mayor Rose has been instrumental in spearheading the revitilization of downtown, the 468 parkway and has saved substancial amounts of taxpayer money by giving New LLano the future butt end of Fort Polk. The city is better, the city has money, the city is changing, the city is growing, the city is getting new infrastructure, the city has a new traffic circle, the city has new businesses, the city has more business interested in it, the city has a quality police force but most importantly, soon the city will be rid of YOUR thoughtless backwards ways.
Its obvious you must be lonely, or ill informed. Revitilization of Ancient downtown started long before Rose assumed office. The circle, planned and put into action before Rose came to office. The 468 you talk about, planned long before Rose came to office. It seems to me that every single improvement is action instituted under, " the old administration." Mr. Jim Shapkoff and Ms. Betty Westerchil. If I am wrong I stand to be corrected. Point to one thing Rose has done, other than get a permit for an event to sell alcohol at his place in violation of state law which mandates no alcohol within 300 feet of a Church. He ignored two (2) places of worship, not one but two.
mary sunshine

Westlake, LA

#23 Aug 3, 2012
Whoa, hold on just a minute! Naysayer? That's a pretty big leap, fella.
You made a very general statement that Rose had accomplished great things in three years. I merely asked you to be more specific and give me three examples.
That's all. And you immediately turn that simple request into a personal attack on me for no reason other than the fact that you are UNABLE to tell me three specific good things he's done.
Here is your reason wrote:
<quoted text>Those are SERIOUS answers. Naysayers LIKE you and a few other doom and gloom THUMPERS only see what is best for a old Leesville, not a new Leesville. YOU are the type of person responsible for such attractive monikers as Diseaseville, Sleesville, Diarreahville. Your kind has branded Leesville as the Backwoods army base noone wishes to visit for very long. Your response "leave it" if you dont "like it."
Nothing really homey or accepting from YOUR kind. Mayor Rose has been instrumental in spearheading the revitilization of downtown, the 468 parkway and has saved substancial amounts of taxpayer money by giving New LLano the future butt end of Fort Polk. The city is better, the city has money, the city is changing, the city is growing, the city is getting new infrastructure, the city has a new traffic circle, the city has new businesses, the city has more business interested in it, the city has a quality police force but most importantly, soon the city will be rid of YOUR thoughtless backwards ways.
mary sunshine

Westlake, LA

#24 Aug 3, 2012
Thank you, havemercy.

But you forgot to mention that he's also raised the water rates twice in three years!
havemercy wrote:
<quoted text>Its obvious you must be lonely, or ill informed. Revitilization of Ancient downtown started long before Rose assumed office. The circle, planned and put into action before Rose came to office. The 468 you talk about, planned long before Rose came to office. It seems to me that every single improvement is action instituted under, " the old administration." Mr. Jim Shapkoff and Ms. Betty Westerchil. If I am wrong I stand to be corrected. Point to one thing Rose has done, other than get a permit for an event to sell alcohol at his place in violation of state law which mandates no alcohol within 300 feet of a Church. He ignored two (2) places of worship, not one but two.
mary sunshine

Westlake, LA

#25 Aug 3, 2012
Two years. He's only been in office for two years, it just seems like longer.....
havemercy

Leesville, LA

#26 Aug 3, 2012
mary sunshine wrote:
Thank you, havemercy.
But you forgot to mention that he's also raised the water rates twice in three years!
<quoted text>
oh yea, he hired some dumb lawyers to file a frivilous law suit against the civil service board, he did that.
mary sunshine

Westlake, LA

#27 Aug 3, 2012
and he's taken more people who disagreed with him to court in two years than all the other mayors did in the last 30 years.
havemercy wrote:
<quoted text>oh yea, he hired some dumb lawyers to file a frivilous law suit against the civil service board, he did that.
Jamesrosepine

Leesville, LA

#28 Aug 3, 2012
mary sunshine wrote:
Two years. He's only been in office for two years, it just seems like longer.....
It seems much longer because of the arrests and dismissal of corrupt LEOs,the parade down 3rd St. honoring our military, the overall improvement in our outlook of the overall community,progress,progress,pr ogress,etc,etc. I find it amazing how much has been done to benefit Leesville and its citizens by Mayor Rose and his supporters. In retrospect, think how time was lost by not electing this fine gentleman the first time he ran.
havemercy

Leesville, LA

#29 Aug 3, 2012
Rose got good intentions, just misguided.
Who Dat

United States

#30 Aug 3, 2012
havemercy wrote:
Rose got good intentions, just misguided.
Havemercy has good intentions to. He just be misguided too.
havemercy

Leesville, LA

#31 Aug 4, 2012
Who Dat wrote:
<quoted text>
Havemercy has good intentions to. He just be misguided too.
Thanks for realizing my intentions are pure.
havemercy

Leesville, LA

#32 Aug 7, 2012
Do I get any credit for the street lights at the circle? After all it was havemercy calling the dummies dummies for not having lights. I guess someone went back and told on me.
Aunt-Likely

Hooks, TX

#33 Aug 29, 2015
Before the roundabout was put in, I had moved to San Diego, and I'm seldom in Leesville now, but as nearly as I remember the roundabout requires US 171 traffic to yield to traffic coming out of Market Basket to Hwy 28. The 171 traffic also has to yield to Hwy 28 traffic going to Market Basket. Is that really how they have it; US 171 traffic yielding to state hwy 28 ?
roun bout

Leesville, LA

#34 Aug 29, 2015
Aunt-Likely wrote:
Before the roundabout was put in, I had moved to San Diego, and I'm seldom in Leesville now, but as nearly as I remember the roundabout requires US 171 traffic to yield to traffic coming out of Market Basket to Hwy 28. The 171 traffic also has to yield to Hwy 28 traffic going to Market Basket. Is that really how they have it; US 171 traffic yielding to state hwy 28 ?
What traffic circle? That repulsive thing in front of Market Basket?
That's a traffic " mistake" with expensive lighting that lures the flies to the poo.
Also called "log truck load leveler."
havemercy

Leesville, LA

#35 Aug 30, 2015
We acknowledge our circle are not like those you would find in Amsterdam, London or New York. But Leesville are no New York, Amsterdam or Paris. Our circle reflects our attempt to come into the 21 century. Its our 1st circle and tremendous education was gained from the experience. The next circle will be one you guys like. Until then, we did the best we could do.
roun bout

Leesville, LA

#36 Aug 30, 2015
havemercy wrote:
We acknowledge our circle are not like those you would find in Amsterdam, London or New York. But Leesville are no New York, Amsterdam or Paris. Our circle reflects our attempt to come into the 21 century. Its our 1st circle and tremendous education was gained from the experience. The next circle will be one you guys like. Until then, we did the best we could do.
What you bet the next is smaller LOL!
Maybe a X like tic tac toe. Nope like the corn hol e game lol
havemercy

Leesville, LA

#37 Aug 30, 2015
roun bout wrote:
<quoted text>
What you bet the next is smaller LOL!
Maybe a X like tic tac toe. Nope like the corn hol e game lol
I'll be the last they solicit info from about a possible future Circle. Around here citizens have no voice. So I am not going to wage a bet. However, I am prepare to take on all bets, that if a circle or anything else is done around Leesville, it will be poorly planned strictly on the financial side.
Stanley Fletcher

Leesville, LA

#38 Aug 30, 2015
Advantages of Roundabout

When compared to red light, four-way stop, and other intersections, roundabouts are the best. They allow an increase of 30%-50% in traffic flow and decrease intersection accidents by 37%. I agree that the Leesville roundabout is too tight, but it's better than other intersections by far. Just slow down, especially truckers.
trike

Leesville, LA

#39 Aug 30, 2015
Stanley Fletcher wrote:
Advantages of Roundabout
When compared to red light, four-way stop, and other intersections, roundabouts are the best. They allow an increase of 30%-50% in traffic flow and decrease intersection accidents by 37%. I agree that the Leesville roundabout is too tight, but it's better than other intersections by far. Just slow down, especially truckers.
You brainy gold wing types think you know everything. Mr. Stan the man please splain' why the white devil is going around district 2 buying houses? Then, W.D., has them rezoned from multi family to single family units. In all your wisdom why is this a good thing?
Mr Charlie

Carencro, LA

#40 Aug 30, 2015
trike wrote:
<quoted text>
You brainy gold wing types think you know everything. Mr. Stan the man please splain' why the white devil is going around district 2 buying houses? Then, W.D., has them rezoned from multi family to single family units. In all your wisdom why is this a good thing?
HUD no longer supports multi. New rules for Community Development Block Grants are selecting for single. Rules passed earlier this year.

White "devils !"

LOL !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cheating 22 hr PureXXX 213
Turns out New Llano had it Right Mon I Agree 11
Vernon Parish jail Inmate dies after fight.... (Dec '11) Feb 18 Oldie Joe 139
Russian bot JOE Feb 17 TraderJoeLOL 4
Trump Harvest Food Box Feb 17 MMXVIII 5
things pisses you off about leesville (Jan '07) Feb 16 Hlw 786
that poon gonna cost you Feb 16 ss 1

Leesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Leesville Mortgages