cowboy

United States

#1 Feb 28, 2013
I am a viet-nam veteran and a former US MARINE . I went to the VA clinic today , in Leesville . To have my spinal injury treated , I am 100 % disabled .
I was refused treatment !! I was told that under the new administration , I was reclassified to 8G . I was told the decision was based on my income . Please believe me . I am not looking for a handout !! I feel as if I earned and deserve the right to medical care by the veterans administration . It Was Promised To Me , Just as it has been promised to all of the other veterans that spilled their blood on the battle field .
wow

Paragould, AR

#2 Feb 28, 2013
I have to say we have never had that issue

Since: Feb 12

Leesville Louisiana

#3 Feb 28, 2013
There's no such thing as a "former" MARINE!

“Come on, really?”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#4 Feb 28, 2013
Go to the VA hospital in Alexandria and talk to Comp and Pension. Once you get past C&P you should be able to use the CBOC at Ft. Polk for care. You also need to go see Yuri Crockett, the VA Representative for Vernon Parish. The number can be found in the phone book. He can assist you with what you need to do to get care if it is possible. Bottom line is that you need service connected to get primary care through VA OR fall under an income level to not be able to get private insurance care. If you are 100% service connected disabled, you do not meet the criteria for 8G. The criteria for 8G is income/worth AND service connection. C&P should have records of your disability and service medical records.
The VA Medical system did not change as a result of the current administration, this changed in 2003 but again does not pertain to your situation if you have a service connected injury. Sounds to me that someone made a mistake or you have not registered through VA in Alexandria to get primary care. This is your first step. You cannot go directly to CBOC Ft. Polk without registering at VAMC Alexandria first.
I hope this helps. Dont give up, go talk to the folks who can help you.
You may also send me a private response and I will attempt to help you as best I can.
Priority Group 8
Veterans with income and/or net worth above the VA income threshold and the geographic income threshold who agree to pay co-pays:
Sub-priority a: Non-compensable 0% service connected veterans enrolled as of January 16, 2003, and who have remained enrolled since that date
Sub-priority c: Non-service connected veterans enrolled as of January 16, 2003, and who have remained enrolled since that date
Sub-priority e**: Non-compensable 0% service connected veterans applying for enrollment after January 16, 2003
Sub-priority g**: Non-service connected veterans applying for enrollment after January 16, 2003
**Note: Veterans assigned to Priority Groups 8e or 8g are not eligible for enrollment as a result of the enrollment restriction which suspended enrolling new high-income veterans who apply for care after January 16, 2003.
cowboy wrote:
I am a viet-nam veteran and a former US MARINE . I went to the VA clinic today , in Leesville . To have my spinal injury treated , I am 100 % disabled .
I was refused treatment !! I was told that under the new administration , I was reclassified to 8G . I was told the decision was based on my income . Please believe me . I am not looking for a handout !! I feel as if I earned and deserve the right to medical care by the veterans administration . It Was Promised To Me , Just as it has been promised to all of the other veterans that spilled their blood on the battle field .

“Come on, really?”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#5 Feb 28, 2013
VA Medical Care Overview with Priority groups

http://charmeck.org/MECKLENBURG/COUNTY/COMMUN...
cowboy

United States

#6 Mar 2, 2013
I was diagnosed with PTSD back in the 70s . And was treated for hearing lose plus agent orange poisoning . It has only been a few years since I have used or ask the VA for anything . I feel as if we were forgotten back then , and now we are put aside like trash again. Thanks VA for nothing ! I never hesitated to serve my country .
cowboy

United States

#7 Mar 2, 2013
I was getting regular care thru the VA . And now I am refused treatment . I just don't get it .
cowboy

United States

#8 Mar 2, 2013
Oh I must add . They did not use the term PTSD back in the 70s. They called it battle trauma . At any rate how can a veteran be treated for years and then be all of a sudden be disqualified .
cowboy

United States

#9 Mar 2, 2013
Correction ( battle fatigue ) it is a very real medical condition .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what do you like about leesville/vernon parish 1 hr Mr Magnificent 13
To Beer or Not To Beer 7 hr nowhatubout 3
Rosepine police chief indicted for malfeasance,... 18 hr cliffjumper 9
Recipes and Coupons (Jul '14) 18 hr cliffjumper 12
How to secure the Southern borders !!! 18 hr cliffjumper 7
Child Molester 18 hr cliffjumper 18
ALCOHOL at MAYFEST (May '12) 19 hr cliffjumper 23
Leesville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Leesville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:41 pm PST

ESPN 3:41PM
Saints owner Benson being sued by family
NBC Sports 8:52 PM
Report: Texans D-line coach Bill Kollar to join Gary Kubiak in Denver
NBC Sports 3:41 AM
Mickey Loomis: Saints letting Junior Galette case run its course before taking any action
NBC Sports 5:04 AM
Saints players shocked by team's ownership squabble
NBC Sports 7:42 AM
Jimmy Graham: Pro Bowl will help dictate if he needs surgery