Rrichard Dawson

Leesville, LA

#1 Jul 7, 2013
5 things you like about Leesville.
5 things you don't like about Leesville.

1. I like most of the people.
2. I like Wal mart
3. I like Market Basket
4. I like the Hotel space.
5. I like Burger King

1. I don't like broken water lines and sewer in the streets.
2. I don't like empty nasty dirty ugly rundown buildings.
3. I don't like the way only a few control this town.
4. I don't like favoritism in local government offices.
5. I don't like knowing the rest of Louisiana thinks Vernon Parish is a horrible place stuck in the last century and I wish that further surveys had more space for more than 5 answers.
Global traveler

Leesville, LA

#2 Jul 7, 2013
5 things you like about Leesville.
5 things you don't like about Leesville.

1. I like the fact that everybody knows your name.
2. I like the Christian values.
3. I like Tht we have the best sheriff in the state.
4. I like Candice Skinner Real estate.
5. I like The fact that the majority of the people are very kind and would give you the shirt off their back.

1. I don't like the lack of employment (Leesville)
2. I don't like the way that historic landmarks are not properly preserved.
3. I don't like that meth is such a horrible epedimic!
4. I don't like 171!
5. I don't like the sense of entitlement that some military members and their spouses believe we civilians owe them something. We owe them our gratitude. That's it. Nobody forced any of you to join the Army or to marry a soldier. You knew what you were getting into when you signed up.
Global traveler

Leesville, LA

#3 Jul 7, 2013
Before I get crucified, let me add that I am prior service and I don't feel that anyone "owes" me anything. For some good examples of what I'm talking about just check out the fort polk vents page on FB along with a few others. I must admit it is more so the wives of soldiers than the actual soldiers.
Another thing that I don't like is not a Polk or a Leesville thing in particular. I don't like the fact that I have met so many former soldiers that are getting 100 percent disability when there is nothing wrong with them! I served right beside some of these guys and I am very aware of PTSD and I don't hesitate to say over half that claim to have PTSD are full of shit. Those guys mess up the whole system for the guys who really do have PTSD along with many other problems.
Readneck

Leesville, LA

#4 Jul 7, 2013
Global traveler wrote:
Before I get crucified, let me add that I am prior service and I don't feel that anyone "owes" me anything. For some good examples of what I'm talking about just check out the fort polk vents page on FB along with a few others. I must admit it is more so the wives of soldiers than the actual soldiers.
Another thing that I don't like is not a Polk or a Leesville thing in particular. I don't like the fact that I have met so many former soldiers that are getting 100 percent disability when there is nothing wrong with them! I served right beside some of these guys and I am very aware of PTSD and I don't hesitate to say over half that claim to have PTSD are full of shit. Those guys mess up the whole system for the guys who really do have PTSD along with many other problems.
These points you make are very valid and I agree with you...
Rrichard Dawson

Leesville, LA

#5 Jul 7, 2013
Ssurvey says, so far so good. Kkeep up the good work!
Global traveler

Leesville, LA

#6 Jul 7, 2013
Readneck wrote:
<quoted text>These points you make are very valid and I agree with you...
Thanks!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Donald Trump 4 hr noyahnevagonnageddit 98
Our Founding Fathers 14 hr Kel_rae 11
Delbert Keel 22 hr oh ok 1
Oh the hypocrisy of Leesville Thu LMAO 1
Slavery in Vernon Parish? Thu Mr Charlie 11
Does the city of Leesville make their own rules? Wed Mr Charlie 13
no more catfish junction Wed havemercy 13
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Leesville Mortgages