Leesville Water Park
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
angry mother

Leesville, LA

#1 Jul 11, 2011
I took my kids the other day too the water park and i was so disgusted. I have been bringing my children there since the city has opened. This time they would not let my child slide down the slide cause she was three fourths from being away from the 48inch mark. Although let me add two weeks ago she went down it the whole time. Shes a great swimmer and enjoys the water park, but the lifeguard there are very very rude and disrepected me. i was told that my child could slide down if i payed for a private party. Even my 3 year old son, who cant swim and has no business being on there. Its a shame that my tax monney goes into this public pool and i get told that if pay more money they can do whatever they want. i understand the guidelines and insurance, and that would be just fine if two weeks ago she wasnt sliding down it. and than tell my 7 yr old daughter that she cant do a back flip in the water. omg. i have never had any probalems with this park before. something needs too change

“Hang in there”

Since: Apr 11

Hicks

#2 Jul 11, 2011
I have never been to the City water park but it sounds like they are over-regulating the fun out of it.
iftheshoefits

United States

#3 Jul 11, 2011
angry mother wrote:
I took my kids the other day too the water park and i was so disgusted. I have been bringing my children there since the city has opened. This time they would not let my child slide down the slide cause she was three fourths from being away from the 48inch mark. Although let me add two weeks ago she went down it the whole time. Shes a great swimmer and enjoys the water park, but the lifeguard there are very very rude and disrepected me. i was told that my child could slide down if i payed for a private party. Even my 3 year old son, who cant swim and has no business being on there. Its a shame that my tax monney goes into this public pool and i get told that if pay more money they can do whatever they want. i understand the guidelines and insurance, and that would be just fine if two weeks ago she wasnt sliding down it. and than tell my 7 yr old daughter that she cant do a back flip in the water. omg. i have never had any probalems with this park before. something needs too change
now it was a different lifeguard on duty wasn't it. There's always one bad apple not following rules you know.
angry mother

Leesville, LA

#4 Jul 11, 2011
one bad apple? lol there was this one specific lifeguard maybe 1ike 6. blowing her whistle over and over. No running blah blah blah. No jumpin in the pool. and what do i see? this same lifegaurd run and jump in the pool. and joking with the other lifeguards. Two in the pool and 6 of them sitting outside smoking. When the manager figure out who i was and who i was related too, than she began too apologize. well it was too late because she allowed her guard too disrespect me. ok yes im young 25 but you will respect me, and will not pop an attitude just because i complain about ur job. But thats ok cause the manager knows i know just too talk too in the city about it. If it persists when or if i continue too take my children back
really

Leesville, LA

#5 Jul 11, 2011
angry mother wrote:
one bad apple? lol there was this one specific lifeguard maybe 1ike 6. blowing her whistle over and over. No running blah blah blah. No jumpin in the pool. and what do i see? this same lifegaurd run and jump in the pool. and joking with the other lifeguards. Two in the pool and 6 of them sitting outside smoking. When the manager figure out who i was and who i was related too, than she began too apologize. well it was too late because she allowed her guard too disrespect me. ok yes im young 25 but you will respect me, and will not pop an attitude just because i complain about ur job. But thats ok cause the manager knows i know just too talk too in the city about it. If it persists when or if i continue too take my children back
You couldn't have left out "who I was and who I was related to? Who was YOU related to is not or should not be of concern. Please don't go back.
angry mother

Leesville, LA

#6 Jul 11, 2011
as in my name and also as in she knew my family. lol. apparently you are not a parent. I do not go to enjoy myself, I go so that my kids can have a fun time. Also get your grammar correct as well.

“RARARARARARAR”

Since: Feb 11

Anacoco

#7 Jul 11, 2011
I work at the city pool. i work the inside. listen "angry mom" your kid backflipping into 3 foot deep water is hightly dangerous and your lucky our gaurds stopped them before they busted ther head open. the height thing, some gaurds are more of a stickler for the rulse than others. as far as the parties go, if a gaurd is asked by the party to stand at the slide to cach small childer, they will do it. they cant do that when open to the public cuz it distracts them from their main duty. and the 6 gaurds outside smokeing, they werent on stand.we give them a break from sitting in the hot sun staring at kids playing in water. we only require 2 on stand at a time, sometimes 3. and part of their job is to blow the whistle and yell no running blah blah blah. and the one your referring to doesnt even work there anymore.

“<x> - <x> ”

Since: Jan 11

[email protected]@---

#8 Jul 11, 2011
Encouraging a child to follow rules helps children learn to live by rules, establish the delicate balance between competition and cooperation, between fair play and justice and exploitation and abuse of these for personal gain. It helps them learn to manage the warmth of winning and the hurt of losing. Just saying.
Citizen

Leesville, LA

#10 Jul 12, 2011
@angrymom- it's a shame you put the safety of your children at risk around water. They post rules at the water park for the well being of everyone who enjoys the free park. The only real concern here is that because of " who you are" you were then allowed to put your child in danger.
nsusr

Leesville, LA

#11 Jul 12, 2011
Take em out to the lake, or get your own pool. :) no rules there.
Southern Wind

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#12 Jul 12, 2011
@angrymom-I guess if one of your children had got hurt you would be suing the city and have the life guard charged with negligence. You should appreciate the fact that the lifeguard in question was doing their job well. If you want respect then treat others with respect because it sounds to me that you think yourself above everyone else and should be treated special because of who you are and who you are related to. Grow up!
poorboy171

Leesville, LA

#13 Jul 12, 2011
@angrymom- what a good way to show your parenting skills. Teach your kids to name drop so that they too can grow up and possibly get out of trouble or even get away with something that they shouldn't have been doing to begin with. I understand your young and you still have that mentality that mommy and daddy knows someone that can take care of a situation that you caused but, honestly PLEASE GROW UP!! If you have noticed here lately names aren't really doing anything for anyone. So I think it's time you cut up your get out of jail free card. By the way, if your name is such an issue of status..... why don't you use it instead of ANGRY MOTHER? Think maybe what you are posting might embarrass the people that you are related to? Just saying..........
iftheshoefits

United States

#14 Jul 12, 2011
Nice arguments. I agree with everyone but angry Autumn.
iftheshoefits

United States

#15 Jul 12, 2011
angry mother wrote:
you totally missed my point honey
Autumn Foster

Leesville, LA

#16 Jul 12, 2011
first of all. i do understand the rules. second if my child want too do a handstand in the water or a backflip in the water than she can. SHE was not doing it off the side of the pool. I also understand the rules and requirements of the slide. Two weeks agao, or a year ago u LIFEGUARDS should have measured her.. and lifeguards on duty? Playing in the water with other kids and throwing them around in the pool while other kids are there does not sound like much safety to me. And dropping names?? lol let me clarify something here. when i said who i was and who i was related too meant the lady had worked with my uncle at the city. was not meant he was sitting high up on a pedestol. and also u have rules for a reason. so go by them. if im not mistaken u blow the whistle at a child more than three times, they should sit out? my children understand the rules, and are very polite and well mannered children. but when u have a 3yr old rambuctious child that is excited, hes not listening too you out there whistling anfd thrwoing ur hands up at a 3yr old because he ran. trust me my children will not be back and u can check private parties have been cancelled by me and not only me but more people that yall have disrespected
Autumn Foster

Leesville, LA

#17 Jul 12, 2011
and another thing. Regardless if its just a session or a private party the rules should be the same. It was not the point that she couldnt slide it was the point of how the guards were very rude not only too us but other people as well. And it is not fair for my child too slide down the slide a few weeks ago and not this one time. I understand that they are doing their job, but the same rules should go over for private time as well
softball mom

Leesville, LA

#18 Jul 12, 2011
a couple of weeks ago we had our softball party there and the guards were very very rude too us. Someone had pooped in the pool and so we had too leave but the guards were all snicking at us like it was our fault and trust me our kids do not wear pullups. I understand the rules too but if the kid was sliding before this than what was the problem this day? these teenagers get that whistle in their mouth and they become whistle patrol. I also agree that the same rules should follow with private partys. of cource ur going too have a child question and be upset wondering why she cant go down the slide when she can any other time. i do not think the pool should be closed cause it is fun for our kids but i think the lifeguards should be more respectful too the adults as well as the kids. I can tell you you will not tell me my child cant do a backflip in the water. Thats what kids do they swim, they do handstands, and they flip, too show off. i understand if this child was trying too do a backflip off the side but she said she was in the water. I can promise you that will not bring our team or children back untill next year when maybe there is a new set of guards there and maybe they will be more respectful.
MadysGmaWolfe

Leesville, LA

#19 Jul 12, 2011
I do agree with everyone who commented. BUT I do understand what she meant with the double standards. Smaller children may not understand, unless taught, that rules are rules and life isn't always fair.
I'm sorry that the rules weren't inforced that day and I hope they did not have to wittness "attitudes" and such. Maybe theonekid can verify if the person who let the rules dissapear that day was infact the person who no longer works there. IDK...

PS/ Autumn, Jen will be here tomorrow. You guys are welcome anytime to visit. They will be leaving sunday.
Autumn Foster

Leesville, LA

#20 Jul 12, 2011
hey, lol okay, i am really wanting too see that baby. as soon as my hand gets better we will drive up there
tonyst

Leesville, LA

#21 Jul 12, 2011
Autumn, someone is looking for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vernon Parish wants another TAX!!!!!!! Are you ... 5 hr Ghostsniper389 8
Dude where's my car 6 hr Lemon aid 8
Mosquito Spraying 14 hr Overtaxed 13
racism Sep 20 Neaux 4
Bribes Sep 19 Whatever 12
trashing up vernon parish Sep 19 Joe the Trash 11
Everythings Broken Sep 18 Bluesville 14

Leesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance