Join the NRA $25 special

Posted in the Leesville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Americanmale

United States

#1 Jan 30, 2013
Show your support of our second ammendment by joining the NRA today. Go ahead and bash me now democrats. I just joined today, and paid for 3 other family mbers as well.
Tea Party

Oklahoma City, OK

#2 Jan 30, 2013
Americanmale wrote:
Show your support of our second ammendment by joining the NRA today. Go ahead and bash me now democrats. I just joined today, and paid for 3 other family mbers as well.
I am in!!!
guns!

Leesville, LA

#3 Jan 30, 2013
They are offering free memberships to active duty military. You get a metric ton of discounts on stuff too!
On my way

Leesville, LA

#4 Jan 30, 2013
By joining will it bring back all the people that have died since the little children died from the GUNSHOTS that went through their innocent little bodies?

These discounts you speak about will they provide enough cash left over for you to enjoy a snow cone while the next body is planted from one of your supporters? Have you ever researched how many killers are N.R.A. MEMBERS?

Suicides are at a all time high in the military! FREE MEMBERSHIPS are not the answer.

Hopefully you never have to experience the pain the families go through from gun violence.

bembh6

Leesville, LA

#5 Jan 30, 2013
On my way wrote:
By joining will it bring back all the people that have died since the little children died from the GUNSHOTS that went through their innocent little bodies?
These discounts you speak about will they provide enough cash left over for you to enjoy a snow cone while the next body is planted from one of your supporters? Have you ever researched how many killers are N.R.A. MEMBERS?
Suicides are at a all time high in the military! FREE MEMBERSHIPS are not the answer.
Hopefully you never have to experience the pain the families go through from gun violence.
Maybe prayer will work to stop the killing.
mr rogers

Bellevue, WA

#6 Jan 30, 2013
The NRA caused the suicides in the military? I had a theory that after multiple deployments, suck quality of life and being pumped full of harmful immunizations sometimes antrax twice a year or rabbi shots or maybe it was from the anti malaria drugs that so many have bad reaction to caused the suicides? Hold on I am calling the NRA now as I did not know they caused all these acts of violence? Hmmmm look up prejudice sounds like a bad case of hate for the NRA? Come on they are not the problem. The people causing these acts of violence are crazies.

“Come on, really?”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#7 Jan 30, 2013
On my way wrote:
Do tell? How long did you serve to make a judgement on what is causing suicide rates to be so high? Also, enlighten us on your research of how many killers have belonged to NRA? While you are at it, please compile the numbers or ratio of how many WERENT NRA. While you are at it, you can also tally how many of them were destitute, had nothing to lose, etc. Also, from the known killers, say arizona, colorado, Newtown, and Colombine, how many were democrats, and finally, give us some statistics on how many lives have been saved by those nasty NRA or legal carry citizens. Heck, you can even narrow it down. How about a tally of how many in just the last year were able to stop killings by carrying a concealed weapon.

I will await your thoughtful reply.

“Come on, really?”

Location hidden

#8 Jan 30, 2013
Heres another news flash for you. If you do your history homework, you will find anytime our economy has tanked, the rate of violent crime and suicides has risen. You provide your research, and I will provide mine.
On my way

Leesville, LA

#9 Jan 30, 2013
AlwaysLurking wrote:
Heres another news flash for you. If you do your history homework, you will find anytime our economy has tanked, the rate of violent crime and suicides has risen. You provide your research, and I will provide mine.
How many gun related suicides does it take before the N.R.A. decides any action other than what already exist will be enough? Denial is not only a river it is the N.R.A. mantra. No one believes Mr. Lapierre but add a coupon and he is a freaking Steven Hawkins type to rednecks. Do me some research. Change my mind. All I have seen and heard to this point is useless mindless banter which does nothing to solve problems of dead children are suicides by gun.
bembh3

Leesville, LA

#10 Jan 30, 2013
Better watch out they are ALWAYS JERKING!
Jock

Leesville, LA

#11 Jan 30, 2013
Preach on!

“Come on, really?”

Location hidden

#12 Jan 30, 2013
I have already done the research. There is no changing your mind. You already know it all. Its just a quick fix right? If it were only that easy.

Here is some things to think about. Gun laws would not have stopped Columbine. They had illegally procured guns from black market means. Charles Williams, same thing. Stole his fathers gun. Brian Draper and Torey Adamcik, killed their victim with a knife, stabbed 29 times. Seung-Hui Cho, known selective mutism, treated from 8 yrs old but legally bought guns after a background check DID NOT FIND his mental condition because of privacy laws. Newtown, Adam Lanza, stole the guns that he murdered his mother with and then turned them on a school, known autism mental disorder. Jared Loughner, drug and alcohol abuse and a paranoid schizophrenic who was described to have "Left wing, quite liberal and politically radical views)(we should ban both including legacy drugs that are prescribed right? While we are at it, lets take a look at all left wing liberals? He also had a distrust and dislike for Govt. We should lock up everyone that feels that way too right?) Terry McVeigh, used fertilizer,(are we going to ban that also?). James Holmes, diagnosed with dysphoric mania, met at least 3 times with psychiatrists prior to the Aurora shooting, I could go on and on. Wanna know the common thread? THEY ALL reached out but no one cared. They all gave signs but no one noticed and privacy laws would not allow the information to be investigated. Some lawfully obtained guns, some illegally, but in the end, they all found a way.

So, as we enact gun laws against the MILLIONS of law abiding citizens, are we going to take away their right to privacy? Take knives, fertilizer, etc etc etc? Should we start another Mcarthy era of looking for the bad in our society?
At what lengths do you think we should go and what rights should 315 million Americans lose before we look at our deteriorating culture as the cause, not just guns.

What you seem to be missing is that gun control is not the common thread. A villian will find a way. How many running the streets of LA, Chicago, Detroit, etc have legally obtained guns?

In fact, I think if you do a little of your own research, you will find anywhere that has attempted to outlaw guns has had a severe increase in violent crime. You will also find that states such as Texas who have enacted laws enabling citizens to carry have dramatically dropped violent crime rates. Do a quick search of the recent news and you will find that your media outlets have failed you in that there have been more recent incidents of lawful citizens stopping gun crimes by having a gun to neutralize a would be shooter.

Since you asked so politely but did not do your research, I will bring it to you. Each site has citations for further reading -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbine_High_S...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Andrew_W...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Draper_and...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seung-Hui_Cho
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newtown_Massacre
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jared_Lee_Loughn...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Eagan_Holm...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shooting
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_mcveigh

“Come on, really?”

Location hidden

#13 Jan 30, 2013
One more thing I failed to note. Most if not all of the shootings in schools were for the fame of it. Each had contemplated suicide and decided to take others with them. Most had actually told someone that they were gonna do another Columbine. Maybe the media outlets are just as much to blame for romanticizing it? Notice the new thing is to create a diversion such as setting a fire and shooting first responders. The media who love a good story, are they to blame?

“Come on, really?”

Location hidden

#14 Jan 30, 2013
Since you also spoke of Military suicides, heres another good read for you. I just dont think it is as easy as the press makes it seem.

"The relationship between military service
and suicide is complex. For example,
while many service members have mental
disorders (see page 11) that place them
at risk for suicide, they also have access to
treatment and counseling for mental health
problems, which is potentially protective.12
Also, the cohesion of a military unit provides
service members with “belongingness,”
which may protect against suicide;
however, separation from the unit (e.g.,
following active duty periods of Reservists)
may increase feelings of isolation."

http://timemilitary.files.wordpress.com/2012/...
dander

Oklahoma City, OK

#15 Jan 30, 2013
On my way wrote:
<quoted text>How many gun related suicides does it take before the N.R.A. decides any action other than what already exist will be enough? Denial is not only a river it is the N.R.A. mantra. No one believes Mr. Lapierre but add a coupon and he is a freaking Steven Hawkins type to rednecks. Do me some research. Change my mind. All I have seen and heard to this point is useless mindless banter which does nothing to solve problems of dead children are suicides by gun.
How about you change our minds... Try to make us realize that guns are the problem. Because they are not. Don't try the innocent little children game either. A gun did not kill them, a gun did not kill my father. A moron with a gun did.

So try another plan, cause that one doesn't work. Just face it, they will never take your gun ownership rights away. It's just a plot to defer everyone's attention away from the fact that the president is running up our debt.

Here's a good one for you... Do guns kill people? What about guns attached to an F16? What about guns and bombs attached to an F16? What about guns and bombs attached to an F16 that was given to the Muslim brotherhood by Obama? Now that kills people! And unfortunately, it will kill thousands of poor innocent little children, in about 30 seconds. Maybe we should outlaw Obama Bin laden from giving those things away.

“Come on, really?”

Location hidden

#16 Jan 30, 2013
2012 Statistics:

315 Million Americans
683,396 Police officers in the US
561,984 Active personnel in the US Military
52 murders per 100,000 in the US
9 minute average response time for 911 calls
43-55 Million gun owners in the US

A 2002 study survey showed that among nearly 275,000 prisoners released in 1994, 67.5% were rearrested within 3 years, and 51.8% were back in prison. 7.9% of sentenced prisoners in federal prisons on September 30, 2009 were in for violent crimes.[19] 52.4% of sentenced prisoners in state prisons at year end 2008 were in for violent crimes.

In 2009, according to the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, 66.9% of all homicides in the United States were perpetrated using a firearm.[5] There were 52,447 deliberate and 23,237 accidental non-fatal gunshot injuries in the United States during 2000.[6] Two-thirds of all gun-related deaths in the United States are suicides. Of the 30,470 firearm-related deaths in the United States in 2010, 19,392 (63.6%) were suicide deaths, and 11,078 (36.4%) homicide deaths.[7]

The Congressional Research Service in 2009 estimated there were 310 million firearms in the United States, not including weapons owned by the military. 114 million of these were handguns, 110 million were rifles, and 86 million were shotguns.[9] In that same year, the Census bureau stated the population of people in America at 305,529,237

Do you really think to take away the citizens guns or make it harder for them to obtain a gun for protection is the answer? I understand the concern for children killed in violent attacks, the numbers in the past 1 year are less than 1000 children including Newtown.

So, when the wolf is at your door, are you waiting the 9 minutes for a cop, or removing the safe to protect your family?

My guns are secured, my family is trained to use them and respect them. My children were introduced to my handguns, rifles and shotguns and allowed to touch them, understand them, and then were taught how dangerous they are and to respect them. They were all taken to the range to fire them and taught accuracy. Everyone in my family has been through gun safety and hunters safety courses.

Its at least 100 meters from all fences to my house. If you make it to the door to bring harm to me or mine, you will not make it back out alive. I hope to never have to fire my personal weapons at another human. But if I have to, I will. As a CC, I would save your life too should I need to. Whether you appreciate me packing a weapon or not.

My final thought on this: Being a member of the NRA isnt just for "rednecks" as you stated. It is also a educational association that teaches proper gun safety and use.
bembh3

Leesville, LA

#17 Jan 31, 2013
My final thought on this: Being a member of the NRA isnt just for "rednecks" as you stated. It is also a educational association that teaches proper gun safety and use.

THERE is YOUR problem. Taking gun safety advice from the NRA is like taking dieting tips from a person eating Mcdonalds.

I do not believe the NRA has the best interest of anyone but the NRA in it's heart. Living in YOUR fear of the world with a CC makes you feel safer, knowing your limits with your weapon and exposing them makes you feel safe. Knowing you have a weapon and legally do all things right is nice too. Please feel just as free to go out and remove your seatbelts, safety glass, door locks, headlights amd speed off into the night without these government regulations. We continue to push for safer cars, trucks, pills, chemicals to name a few but somehow making the world safer from excessive obsessive/compulsive gun owners is somehow a complete violation of a misunderstood constitutional right? Please.
bembh3

Leesville, LA

#18 Jan 31, 2013
dander wrote:
<quoted text>
How about you change our minds... Try to make us realize that guns are the problem. Because they are not. Don't try the innocent little children game either. A gun did not kill them, a gun did not kill my father. A moron with a gun did.
So try another plan, cause that one doesn't work. Just face it, they will never take your gun ownership rights away. It's just a plot to defer everyone's attention away from the fact that the president is running up our debt.
Here's a good one for you... Do guns kill people? What about guns attached to an F16? What about guns and bombs attached to an F16? What about guns and bombs attached to an F16 that was given to the Muslim brotherhood by Obama? Now that kills people! And unfortunately, it will kill thousands of poor innocent little children, in about 30 seconds. Maybe we should outlaw Obama Bin laden from giving those things away.
What did your father do to make the person shoot him? Blindly stating something as fact like a death from gun violence could very easily be made up. Did he get shot with an assault rifle? Was a high capacity magazine used? You should not get offended. By reading the complete lack of maturity and nastiness you portray on Topix and the way you continually belittle ANY individual that disagrees with your views, it is not a far stretch to invision the scenario I described.

Before ANYONE would believe anything you say they would only need to read your hate messages to know you are a complete waste of time. I feel dumber just having to responded to you.

Go by another name for future response. Try alwayslurking.
dander

Oklahoma City, OK

#19 Jan 31, 2013
bembh3 wrote:
<quoted text>What did your father do to make the person shoot him? Blindly stating something as fact like a death from gun violence could very easily be made up. Did he get shot with an assault rifle? Was a high capacity magazine used? You should not get offended. By reading the complete lack of maturity and nastiness you portray on Topix and the way you continually belittle ANY individual that disagrees with your views, it is not a far stretch to invision the scenario I described.

Before ANYONE would believe anything you say they would only need to read your hate messages to know you are a complete waste of time. I feel dumber just having to responded to you.

Go by another name for future response. Try alwayslurking.
Lol.. You don't offend me. Thanks for respecting me though. Now, don't try to make me look bad because you can't hang with my comments. I'm more intelligent and you know it. Just let it be. If you didn't get so offended by my truthful posts then you wouldn't have had to respond. Thank you for showing me. I can't believe I'm on here even talking to you. Are you know one in the real world, yet on topix you feel like you are finally understood?

In the words of Charlie sheen... "I'm winning". Lol...

By the way, about my father, he answered the door.

“Come on, really?”

Location hidden

#20 Jan 31, 2013
bembh3 wrote:
THERE is YOUR problem. Taking gun safety advice from the NRA is like taking dieting tips from a person eating Mcdonalds.
I do not believe the NRA has the best interest of anyone but the NRA in it's heart. Living in YOUR fear of the world with a CC makes you feel safer, knowing your limits with your weapon and exposing them makes you feel safe. Knowing you have a weapon and legally do all things right is nice too. Please feel just as free to go out and remove your seatbelts, safety glass, door locks, headlights amd speed off into the night without these government regulations. We continue to push for safer cars, trucks, pills, chemicals to name a few but somehow making the world safer from excessive obsessive/compulsive gun owners is somehow a complete violation of a misunderstood constitutional right? Please.
LOL...so if you cant pose a good argument, try childish insults? My posts were hard for you to digest werent they? I knew they would be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Breastfeeding in Local Establishments 3 hr Really 30
Local Effort Is Historic 13 hr LVP 424
Karamatic look here Tue Mr Charlie 4
Debate: Gay Marriage - Leesville, LA (Sep '10) Tue Mr Charlie 834
Rosepine PD Chief Resigns Tue eilrahC rM 3
scandel at pride indistries (Mar '12) Tue eilrahC rM 90
Donald Trump Tue noyahnevagonnageddit 35
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Leesville Mortgages