RAYTOWN MURDER: Police File Charges in Young Raytown Woman's Murder

Full story: Fox4KC 15
Murder charges have been filed in the death of Latoya Hopkins, found dead in her Raytown home on June 15, 2010. Full Story
martinez

United States

#1 Jun 22, 2010
I happend to know miss hopkins she was a a helper at a school all the kids liked her.she helped death kids. all i have to say now is rest in peace Latoya
rusty

Kansas City, MO

#2 Jun 23, 2010
I am totally blown away, The Raytown Police Department actually solved a murder. Let's hope they keep learning.
resident

Kansas City, MO

#3 Jun 23, 2010
The Raytown Police Department rocks!
Bill

Leawood, KS

#4 Jun 23, 2010
Turn the heat up Det. Shrout.
johnson

Leawood, KS

#5 Jun 23, 2010
Another one.
johnson

Leawood, KS

#6 Jun 24, 2010
....and another one......

"one person was found dead in the driver's seat of an SUV near 40th Street and Vineyard Drive just after 10:15 p.m"
independence

United States

#7 Jun 25, 2010
I'm glad they caught him. My sympathy to the family. He can't hurt anyone anymore.
rrr

Overland Park, KS

#8 Jun 26, 2010
it seem like everytime there is a murder here in raytown the police come out later saiding they was out there a week or days earlier. they should have check him out and the way it look he had a bad crime record.he thought he look real bad biting his bottom lip in his picture.he will get what is coming to him in jail.he won't be that bad after all.what is sad this lady was a working lady at church and with kids in raytown school district why did this had to happen to her or any other murders.hopefully she & her family can rest in peace.her family should put a sheet over him and beat him like he did to her you know each one take turns.or have someone paint her picture in his cell where he can't remove it to remind him everyday (minute and second) what he did to this lady never let him forget he kill this lady for what. this one will paid him back make him suffer just like the family and friends is suffering without her anymore.so lets pray for her and the other victims of crimes and abuse.
rrr

Overland Park, KS

#9 Jun 26, 2010
Bill wrote:
Turn the heat up Det. Shrout.
hopefully Det. Shrout can solve the other murders out there for the family and friends doesn't suffer any more either.
Opinion

United States

#10 Jun 26, 2010
Yes I agree the police should have forced him not to be with her. Oh yeah I forgot police can't do that. She chose to have a relationship with a dirtbag and look what it got her. It sucks but it is the truth.
rrr wrote:
it seem like everytime there is a murder here in raytown the police come out later saiding they was out there a week or days earlier. they should have check him out and the way it look he had a bad crime record.he thought he look real bad biting his bottom lip in his picture.he will get what is coming to him in jail.he won't be that bad after all.what is sad this lady was a working lady at church and with kids in raytown school district why did this had to happen to her or any other murders.hopefully she & her family can rest in peace.her family should put a sheet over him and beat him like he did to her you know each one take turns.or have someone paint her picture in his cell where he can't remove it to remind him everyday (minute and second) what he did to this lady never let him forget he kill this lady for what. this one will paid him back make him suffer just like the family and friends is suffering without her anymore.so lets pray for her and the other victims of crimes and abuse.
Det Shrout for PD Chief

Blue Springs, MO

#11 Jun 28, 2010
I know Det Shrout and he is a good, honest fair officer and detective. Raytown PD needs many more like him. Go job Det Shrout.
TIFFANY NICOLE BLACK

Tampa, FL

#12 Jun 28, 2010
Opinion wrote:
Yes I agree the police should have forced him not to be with her. Oh yeah I forgot police can't do that. She chose to have a relationship with a dirtbag and look what it got her. It sucks but it is the truth.
<quoted text>
THIS IS THE SISTER OF THE VICTIM. MY NAME IS TIFFANY BLACK. I JUS WANTED TO KNOW WHAT WERE YOU THINKING WHEN U POSTED THIS JUNK ABOUT MY BLOOD, YOU DONT EVEN KNOW HER, HOW COULD YOU SIT THERE AND SAY ANYTHING ABOUT MY SISTER. SHE WAS A DAMN GOOD WOMAN AND SHE DIDIN'T DERSERVE THAT. NOBODY DOES FOR THAT MATTER. ALL SHE DID WAS TRY TO HELP SOMEONE IN NEED OF HELP. NOW SHE IS IN HEAVEN, I KNEW SHE WAS ALWAYS A ANGEL,(MY GURDIAN ANGEL) FOR YOU TO SAY ANYTHING ABOUT HER YOURSELF YOU MUST BE THE DEVIL. INSTEAD OF STOOPING TO YOUR LEVEL, I WILL DO YOU ONE BETTER I WILL JUST PRAY FOR YOU TO GET THAT HATE DEMON OUT OF YOU. GOD BLESS. IF YOU DONT HAVE NOTHING NICE TO SAY DONT SAY IT AT ALL.
Opinion

United States

#13 Jun 28, 2010
I never said she deserved to die. Life is about choices. She chose to be with this monster of a human being. He had already displayed that he had violent behavior and she still messed around with him. Too many woman make the same mistake. Like I said, it sucks but it is the truth. For whatever it's worth, I am sorry for your loss.
aisha

Saint Louis, MO

#14 Apr 17, 2013
i miss her so much......my heart aches daily....r.i.p. big sis
Victoria

Olathe, KS

#15 Nov 1, 2013
aisha wrote:
i miss her so much......my heart aches daily....r.i.p. big sis
Missing her too...She was the sister I never had. Im glad I had a chance to know her and your family. I just saw the news report abt "him" and we got justice for her cause he's been convicted. Hoping that you all got a little bit of closure from that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lees Summit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dietrich's: potato pancakes, bacon-wrapped brat... 16 hr martheu 1
Woman: ' - Raytown Romeo' conned me out of $9K ... (Apr '14) Sat smh 27
Relocating to Blue Springs Dec 7 WeimMom 4
Xtreme Fitness Memberships not honored by new o... (May '08) Dec 6 Chris 144
Debate: Ferguson - Raytown, MO Nov '14 Dennis 3
Another inmate dies in Cass County (Apr '08) Nov '14 PointsOutTruth 33
'Raytown Romeo' Wanted Again For Scamming Women (Dec '09) Nov '14 smh 2
Lees Summit Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Lees Summit People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lees Summit News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lees Summit

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:10 pm PST

Bleacher Report 6:10PM
New York Giants vs. St. Louis Rams: Full Report Card Grades for St. Louis
NBC Sports 6:42 PM
St. Louis Rams lose 37-27 to Giants at home - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 7:22 PM
Giants Show Resiliency, Maturity in Win
Bleacher Report 7:49 PM
How Far Can Steelers' Big Three Carry Them?
Yahoo! Sports 9:51 PM
Seahawks crush Cardinals to take control of NFC West